Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:09:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162047 times)
nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:32:33 PM

I am happy to vote again at mintpal but I dont like my time being wasted ( not that it takes long to vote) do you guys honestly think it's worth it after whats happened?

I am open to my mind being changed but I have nearly moved on from supporting this coin, sadly Sad

Had an idea to increase Mintpal voting, but I wanted to run it by some people before I waste any time.

I'd like to create an iCoin promotion thread that has scaling icoin amounts based on icoin Mintpal voting position over a certain period of time.

For example:

Promotion lasts for 2 weeks.
iCoin is currently  in 54th place.

If the community gets icoin into the top 30, then the first 50 people to post their icoin address will receive 100 icn

If the community gets icoin into the top 20, then the first 75 people to post their icoin address will receive 200 icn

If the community gets icoin into the top 10, then the first  100 people to post their icoin address will receive 500 icn

If the community gets icoin voted onto the exchange, then the first 150 people to post their icoin address will receive 1000 icn

This type of system encourages more people to vote more often, because if they are left outside of the initial group of voters then they need to bump icoin further up the voting chart to receive the promotion.

I am willing to put up 50k ICN for this promotion which will cover into the top 10. Is anyone else willing to contribute in the scenario that it actually gets onto Mintpal? (150k - 50k = 100k)

Hi,

That is interesting.. but if only the first x persons would receive coins... as soon as we would surpass that number nobody else would join the votes. Or am I missing a detail?

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
OFLO1

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:47:43 PM

Is there any trusted escrow for it?

One thing. There is 28 miners at speedminer. Take your asses and make an account at Mintpal to vote. Not many but still some.
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:50:19 PM

the community needs to do something, carpediem aren't accepting paid votes are above this coin. In the past I had been doing my own small give a ways but I could be tempted into this one.

One thing I'd like to know is what is happening with the BTC generated from the IPO, to me that should go to mintpal voting

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
nfigueir

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:51:48 PM

the community needs to do something, carpediem aren't accepting paid votes are above this coin. In the past I had been doing my own small give a ways but I could be tempted into this one.

One thing I'd like to know is what is happening with the BTC generated from the IPO, to me that should go to mintpal voting

That would be interesting... CH what is your take on this?

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
captainhook

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:25:09 PM

That would be interesting... CH what is your take on this?
No, it will not be used for any exchange voting, we only accept free exchange listing. iCoin has 2 stable exchanges already: SwissCEX and C-Cex, and maybe Poloniex in future.

bgs

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:51:13 PM

Whilst iCoin is on multiple exchanges at the moment, it may be that for the medium term, concentrating efforts on a single exchange is a smart approach. It could be argued that to be actively traded on one mid size exchange is probably a stronger marketing platform than being occasionally traded on multiple smaller exchanges as this centralises volume and also increases exposure to additional traders. However, this does come with risk should that exchange drop iCoin then the interest level plummets. Look what has happened since Poloniex dropped iCoin; value fell and trading diminished across the remaining exchanges.

Just so you all know, Mintpal has now changed their voting system so that registered users get one vote per hour. I have been voting whenever I log onto Mintpal although it definitely needs strength in numbers for this to be a successful approach; somehow need to extend the existing community so that all realise iCoin is alive and still has a bright future.

Very interested to hear of future developments in relation to mining algorithm among other things; there appear some positive messages in the pipeline along, of course, with the news the premine is better distributed. In general, there appears a strong base from which this coin can progress and a great deal has already been done. However, for this to work, there needs to be some strong and defined communication. This concerns me somewhat as the team previously locked in and directly involved with development have disbanded and they were collectively the most active in providing any updates; thanks to all involved for their efforts there, you provided a great level of reassurance and confidence. The fact that the websites are down, the last updates to the Facebook page and first post in the forum during what should have been a heavily promoted IPO was a couple of weeks back announcing stage one of the IPO and has not been updated to reflect that the IPO is ended reinforces this concern.

Thinking on the idea to have a reward system in place to get iCoin onto Mintpal is interesting. One question to ask is how do you think this would this assist with longer term interest? For sure, it may be that a number of people get involved and start voting with the goal in mind of potentially obtaining an iCoin dividend for their efforts. However, once on Mintpal, would then all of those dividends be dumped and interest in iCoin falter? Or would it be that then a larger number more would be aware of the coin and so in fact this helps to effectively market iCoin to have a larger, better distributed and more stable base? Thinking back on the mining reward that was offered at the beginning of February; this saw a spike of interest come out of nowhere to disappear just as fast along with a considerable amount of iCoin dumping. These two factors combined, being loss of hash rate coupled with dumping, hammered the value and in turn reduced interest in iCoin.

Upon consideration, there appear three groups to target and attempt to capture their long term interest - miners, traders and consumers.

The consumer market is pretty raw at this stage. Let's face it, no one really knows what to do with Crypto Currency yet although the word is spreading that there is potentially some mechanism hidden there than could revolutionise global trade and finance in the future.

The traders are a mixed bunch; some are day traders, some have a longer term view. The bottom line is that all are looking to make money from this by whatever means possible.

Miners wish for a profitable return on their investment which relies on a value for iCoin favourably comparable to the hash rate. They also wish for there to be some longer term cushioning for their investment against newer, faster and more efficient technologies.

In the above three groups, there will be those that are supporters and those for which this is but a commodity. The trick will be in transforming those that want to make quick rewards into those that wish to support the longer term future of iCoin and so add sustainable value. A key part to that is increased exposure to more potential interested parties across any of the above groups.

With this in mind, perhaps a more multifaceted reward strategy is required. For example; a longer term mining reward lasting one week per month for the rest of the year there are random block bonuses awarded to those mining at 'official' pools. Couple that with perhaps a slightly cut back reward structure over a longer time period in relation to getting onto an established higher volume trading platform, Mintpal being the one identified by the community at this stage. Consumers and the marketplace are slightly harder to target; there the primary suggestion is one of active communication and transparency in future plans. Essentially, the more that iCoin is being talked about and positively marketed, the more likely it is that it will become less transient, find value in the marketplace and become established.

Of course, this all goes without saying that it needs the backing a strong team or community building on the base of a sound technical model that always has one eye to the future to ensure that desirable technical elements are included in an appropriate timescale. No small task in what is a fiercely competitive and emerging market.
OFLO1

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:32:27 PM

Upon consideration, there appear three groups to target and attempt to capture their long term interest - miners, traders and consumers.

I will be pushing onto PoS. I know it's hard to implement but consider this.

Miners will come to mine as fast and as much as they can, they will dump most of their coins at exchanges. There will be traders waiting to trade whatever miners dump.
This will be a very good distribution and in long term it will gain a little stability.

Captainhook and team, are you still thinking what to do with iCoin or you just want to forget it? Long-term is not three months.
caryatidgh

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:24:39 AM

basically do not have what people trading, hope the team can better promote
nfigueir

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:36:44 PM

Hi all,

Please note that iCoin is also available to trade at Bittrex: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ICN

PS: From the original iCoin team, is there anybody else left besides CH?

Tks,
Nuno

captainhook

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:34:20 PM

Hi all,

Please note that iCoin is also available to trade at Bittrex: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-ICN

Tks,
Nuno
Only me left, so there are no team anymore. Smiley

nfigueir

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

Hi all,

Tks,
Nuno

Ok and you have plans to further develop the coin? Or you are not that interested and you want to let it go to other hands?

Will the websites be kept online? (They are currently offline)

nfigueir

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:51:44 PM

Hmm both sites down... hope this is only temporary...

In the meanwhile, since I was one of the IPO investors I feel that I have an "obligation" to try to make this coin stronger... as such I have the following planed:

1 - Release an updated Android App into market (current ones has a few glitches I have detected)
 2 - For each person which makes a review on the market (saying bad or good things) with their iCoin address I will send 100ICN to that person.
 3 - I will reserve 10.000 ICN for this.
 4 - If somebody else also sends me funds I can extend this offer past the 100 users.

What do you guys think about this? I think it might create some visibility... specially on the PlayStore front..

Tks,
Nuno

I'm not one of IPO investors, but I would like to see iCoin really strong, so I'm willing to join and also offer 10.000 ICN for propagation.
iCoin should get back to Coinwarz and also reach other worldwide known exchange (f.e. Cryptsy)
Thanks
S.

Ok, so should we increase the offer to 200ICN each or extend to 200 installs?

I have sent 10.000 ICN to your wallet, right now (ID 9d5c947c5e2f78a5e01c0e689472ddb262a63f098af6dbbe4386b5b783641751 )
Maybe someone other could join, so both could be done Smiley
Common guys

Hi sinpey,

I don't know if it makes sense to continue such offering at the moment since there is no clear path for where the coin is to go, so I would like to send you back the 10.000ICN. What is your address?

Tks

satoutaka6612

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:46:40 PM

Hi all,

Tks,
Nuno

Ok and you have plans to further develop the coin? Or you are not that interested and you want to let it go to other hands?

Will the websites be kept online? (They are currently offline)

I was excited to think when I know iCoin first, it is good to great icon and naming simple.

I've been mining every day 100KH / s from the start of the project.

And Next Update-New algorithm: I was very excited to X11.. Because Because-friendly GPU.
I think there are pros and cons, but I'm looking forward to the Next Update.

I very sad by that team broke up.
What can I do for the team of one person only?
sinpey

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:15:49 PM

Hmm both sites down... hope this is only temporary...

In the meanwhile, since I was one of the IPO investors I feel that I have an "obligation" to try to make this coin stronger... as such I have the following planed:

1 - Release an updated Android App into market (current ones has a few glitches I have detected)
 2 - For each person which makes a review on the market (saying bad or good things) with their iCoin address I will send 100ICN to that person.
 3 - I will reserve 10.000 ICN for this.
 4 - If somebody else also sends me funds I can extend this offer past the 100 users.

What do you guys think about this? I think it might create some visibility... specially on the PlayStore front..

Tks,
Nuno

I'm not one of IPO investors, but I would like to see iCoin really strong, so I'm willing to join and also offer 10.000 ICN for propagation.
iCoin should get back to Coinwarz and also reach other worldwide known exchange (f.e. Cryptsy)
Thanks
S.

Ok, so should we increase the offer to 200ICN each or extend to 200 installs?

I have sent 10.000 ICN to your wallet, right now (ID 9d5c947c5e2f78a5e01c0e689472ddb262a63f098af6dbbe4386b5b783641751 )
Maybe someone other could join, so both could be done Smiley
Common guys

Hi sinpey,

I don't know if it makes sense to continue such offering at the moment since there is no clear path for where the coin is to go, so I would like to send you back the 10.000ICN. What is your address?

Tks

Hi,

I really appreciate your politeness. My address is Ba7ZFR92vt4PLv3j4xSN3SsfDvoADA6LdS
I feel sad about situation of iCoin, I'm voting at Mintpal as often as I can

Does anybody have an idea how to promote iCoin to world?

Thanks
S.
forber888

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:33:47 PM

I don't get why there is a need to trade vs LTC.
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:21:22 PM

Just to state I was helping promote iCoin via give a ways and trying to invite new people to the forum, I would be happy to promote this again, I am rather annoyed that this coin is somewhat dying.

By the sounds of things the conference wasnt a great success for the coins that went. There is a lot of work to be done and we need to figure out a way to press on and bounce back

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
satoutaka6612

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:16:56 PM

I do not understand the technical
If that is what you can Next Update of iCoin really, (it is forecast do you? Very?)
As innovation release
If the vote to release such altcoincalendar.info, vibrant leaves.

I will vote for such mintpal.com
And effort.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:05:52 AM

Speedminer pool hasn't found a block in few days?
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:19:02 AM

Speedminer pool hasn't found a block in few days?

Difficulty is the same as it was, a few less miners but ome of them should have found a few blocks, this is another bit of bad news Sad

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
lavalledeltoro

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:29:42 AM

DDOS protection and experience with a lot of other coins!

OPEN AND WORK

Come and mine with us!!!

http://icn.multi-pool.eu

Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: