Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:25:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162047 times)
nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:32:31 AM

Hi,

I really appreciate your politeness. My address is Ba7ZFR92vt4PLv3j4xSN3SsfDvoADA6LdS
I feel sad about situation of iCoin, I'm voting at Mintpal as often as I can

Does anybody have an idea how to promote iCoin to world?

Thanks
S.

Hi snipey, coins have been sent back.

Maybe we can still do something about the coin. Smiley Lets keep the discussion open.

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
nrhs05

Activity: 268

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:28:20 AM

Hi,

I really appreciate your politeness. My address is Ba7ZFR92vt4PLv3j4xSN3SsfDvoADA6LdS

Thanks
S.

Maybe we can still do something about the coin. Smiley Lets keep the discussion open.

Bitcointalk no longer allows giveaways does it?, is there a new active spot where we could host a big giveaway. Not much, like 50 coins per person. Its more about getting the name out.... LOTS of people will download the clients just for the 50 coins... at least that is the way it use to be.  Let say we got even just 10,000 coins (which a few people were willing to dish out) that would be enough to get 200 people with a little bit. 

I can contribute some to this if we were to do a giveaway somewhere.

It doesn't really matter what exchange you are on, or how great your features are... if you do not have a community behind you no one will buy/sell your coin unfortunately.  I've seen a few feel like getting on cryptsy for example would save their coin, but it did nothing for trading volumes or interest in the coin.

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
nfigueir

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:36:54 AM

Hi,

Thanks
S.

Bitcointalk no longer allows giveaways does it?, is there a new active spot where we could host a big giveaway. Not much, like 50 coins per person. Its more about getting the name out.... LOTS of people will download the clients just for the 50 coins... at least that is the way it use to be.  Let say we got even just 10,000 coins (which a few people were willing to dish out) that would be enough to get 200 people with a little bit.  

It doesn't really matter what exchange you are on, or how great your features are... if you do not have a community behind you no one will buy/sell your coin unfortunately.  I've seen a few feel like getting on cryptsy for example would save their coin, but it did nothing for trading volumes or interest in the coin.

I think that 50 coins is not enough to get people interested. It is half a mined block. Personally, I would not do much for just 1/2 block worth of coins.

For me a minimum of 2 or 3 blocks worth is the necessary to get people motivated. The other part is, all of the giveaways are great but the real value is if one can spend the coins in the real world.

I have the possibility to have a tattoo shop accept ICN as part of the payment (max 20%) for tattoo works but I'm in Portugal...

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:39:15 AM

I have previously done give a ways in the hat box on cryptsy, I know it's not traded there but there were plenty of takers. Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
F2C

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:42:45 PM

what is wrong with speedminer? , I didn't receive any ICN for 2 days , after that I stop mining with iCoin 
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:00:18 PM

Hi,

Thanks
S.

Bitcointalk no longer allows giveaways does it?, is there a new active spot where we could host a big giveaway. Not much, like 50 coins per person. Its more about getting the name out.... LOTS of people will download the clients just for the 50 coins... at least that is the way it use to be.  Let say we got even just 10,000 coins (which a few people were willing to dish out) that would be enough to get 200 people with a little bit.  

It doesn't really matter what exchange you are on, or how great your features are... if you do not have a community behind you no one will buy/sell your coin unfortunately.  I've seen a few feel like getting on cryptsy for example would save their coin, but it did nothing for trading volumes or interest in the coin.

Poloniex has a giveaway page now. You can either give people coins outright or set it up to give a % bonus of coins purchased on the exchange.

https://www.poloniex.com/giveaways

Edit: I guess we need to get listed there first. Maybe talk to the admins and see if we can't get some sort of marketing blitz around getting it added. We need to blast it out there that the premine is gone.

Edit 2: I'll also throw in some ICN toward the giveaway.

<Insert favorite coin here>
weiposs

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:24:58 PM

Without this coin on polo
nrhs05

Activity: 268

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 10:44:19 PM

Hi,

Thanks
S.

Poloniex has a giveaway page now. You can either give people coins outright or set it up to give a % bonus of coins purchased on the exchange.

https://www.poloniex.com/giveaways

Edit: I guess we need to get listed there first. Maybe talk to the admins and see if we can't get some sort of marketing blitz around getting it added. We need to blast it out there that the premine is gone.

Edit 2: I'll also throw in some ICN toward the giveaway.
We were on poloniex and then were removed after a low volume (i am assuming that is why)

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
BigRidg7

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:10:53 AM

What a disaster, such a great coin name gone to waste... This was a bad investment on my part, it's the first alt outside of LTC and BTC I invested in.

Looking back it's clear that the iCoin team did a lot of work and they really didn't get much support from the community, not sure if this was a result of the premine or the fact the community thought these people were getting payed huge salaries to work for iCoin. Perhaps they should of been more clear that they were helping iCoin but not part of a iCoin team. A team gets payed and if you not getting payed then you are just part of the community like everyone else in here is.

TeamiCoin, Viperbass and bigridg7 were extremely motivated and then something caused them to stop and it looks like it was after the conference and bigridg7 saying the premine was a big problem.

Very accurate observations Litesire. The conference really put things into perspective for myself that unless you're groundbreaking and innovative, there's not much of a market for hundreds of alt coins. A good name will not cut it. There was initially but only under the pretense that people could make short-term cash. We saw this with the alt coin rise a few months back (when all were increasing in value hundreds of percent in a period of a week). As someone who formerly completed some in-depth work for iCoin, I can tell you that the issues are still the same. The premine is now spent which is a fantastic start, but if no new users are there to realize there's a spent premine, no one will invest. iCoin needs a big announcement (big merchant, code update, etc..) and a nice fat press release, in addition to continuous merchant acquisition, but it's a catch-22 situation because no merchants will accept iCoin if they know they can't trade it effectively for BTC or fiat. Do the following in this order, and iCoin still has a fighting shot..

1. Get the effing website back up, what is this amateur hour?
2. Get on MintPal / Cryptsy (via votes or direct payment)
3. Release new update, bag a large merchant, or hold a charity event, etc.. worthy of a quality press release
4. PRweb press release and promote to MintPal / Cryptsy users
5. Continuous engagement on social media and continuous contact with new merchants

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:01:17 PM

What a disaster, such a great coin name gone to waste... This was a bad investment on my part, it's the first alt outside of LTC and BTC I invested in.

Looking back it's clear that the iCoin team did a lot of work and they really didn't get much support from the community, not sure if this was a result of the premine or the fact the community thought these people were getting payed huge salaries to work for iCoin. Perhaps they should of been more clear that they were helping iCoin but not part of a iCoin team. A team gets payed and if you not getting payed then you are just part of the community like everyone else in here is.

TeamiCoin, Viperbass and bigridg7 were extremely motivated and then something caused them to stop and it looks like it was after the conference and bigridg7 saying the premine was a big problem.

Very accurate observations Litesire. The conference really put things into perspective for myself that unless you're groundbreaking and innovative, there's not much of a market for hundreds of alt coins. A good name will not cut it. There was initially but only under the pretense that people could make short-term cash. We saw this with the alt coin rise a few months back (when all were increasing in value hundreds of percent in a period of a week). As someone who formerly completed some in-depth work for iCoin, I can tell you that the issues are still the same. The premine is now spent which is a fantastic start, but if no new users are there to realize there's a spent premine, no one will invest. iCoin needs a big announcement (big merchant, code update, etc..) and a nice fat press release, in addition to continuous merchant acquisition, but it's a catch-22 situation because no merchants will accept iCoin if they know they can't trade it effectively for BTC or fiat. Do the following in this order, and iCoin still has a fighting shot..

1. Get the effing website back up, what is this amateur hour?
2. Get on MintPal / Cryptsy (via votes or direct payment)
3. Release new update, bag a large merchant, or hold a charity event, etc.. worthy of a quality press release
4. PRweb press release and promote to MintPal / Cryptsy users
5. Continuous engagement on social media and continuous contact with new merchants

The dev seems slow with updates, if this is what the iCoin team had to deal with no wonder they left. I have a feeling that the anonymous Captainhook has run away with the btc for the IPO and working on his other coins.

iCoin most likely needs a coin take over but who would touch it now?

captainhook

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:34:49 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 02:55:53 AM by captainhook

It's slow because domain transfer process requires 5 days for transfering geticoin.com to my account. Website is up now (old version as the new one i received from Cointopic is incompleted, not usable).
Next update is done too. Just one more thing is the new setting:

Current setting:
Algo: Scrypt
Total coins: 500 million
Premine: 1%
Block reward: 100 iCoin
Block time: 3 minutes
Reward halving interval: 128,000 blocks

Proposed setting:
Algo: X11
Total coins: 250 million
Premine: 0%
Block reward: 25 iCoin
Reward halving interval: 64,000 blocks

Any sugguestions?

The dev seems slow with updates, if this is what the iCoin team had to deal with no wonder they left. I have a feeling that the anonymous Captainhook has run away with the btc for the IPO and working on his other coins.

Shut your mouth up than just typing behind monitor and helpless.

There will be no new update until this a**h*** get out of this thread.

LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:39:15 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 06:11:01 AM by LordPiccolo

what happens to our current coins?

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:01:21 AM

The new settings look nice.

Although about the block time, would there be any advantage in having faster confirmations in the future real-world usage? 3 minutes is still way faster than bitcoin, but for example 2 seems faster than 3 for a layman.  Grin

The new settings could be a fresh new start for the coin, and would deserve a fresh new thread as well imo. And some PR to hype it up a bit. We'd just need someone capable to write press releases etc, someone slightly tamed down version of IconicExpert from blackcoin for example.  Grin
nfigueir

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 08:27:03 AM

It's slow because domain transfer process requires 5 days for transfering geticoin.com to my account. Website is up now (old version as the new one i received from Cointopic is incompleted, not usable).

Current setting:

Proposed setting:

Any sugguestions?

Hi CH,

Why not halve the block time and keep the halving interval?

This way it is more usable in real world where fast confirmation/block solving is preferred to accept payments.

Also, I think that we need more seed nodes that are always available in order to get the network more stable. Do you have an idea on the costs of that?

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:02:09 AM

Also, I think that we need more seed nodes that are always available in order to get the network more stable. Do you have an idea on the costs of that?

Is it possible to run a seed node on windows server? Is it just the wallet exe with some parameters or something else entirely?
nfigueir

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 09:52:59 AM

Is it possible to run a seed node on windows server? Is it just the wallet exe with some parameters or something else entirely?

With the available wallets you probably need to run cygwin with the linux deamon.

sinpey

Activity: 110

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 11:42:12 AM

With the available wallets you probably need to run cygwin with the linux deamon.

When needed, I'm able to provide linux server with 500Mb international connectivity
speedminer

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 01:50:58 PM

After running a dedicated pool for half a year... decided to stop since the pool fees/donations don't cover the costs I'm making.
Therefore, please withdraw any coins you have left on our pool by the end of May 19th or these will be lost.

Or if anyone 's interested in taking over for a small donation in BTC, please send me a PM on bitcointalk.

Thanks for all who mined with us!

iCoin mining pool @ : http://speedminer.org
FLT mining pool @ : http://flutter.speedminer.org
NLG mining pool @ : http://gulden.speedminer.org
LordPiccolo

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 02:00:08 PM

After running a dedicated pool for half a year... decided to stop since the pool fees/donations don't cover the costs I'm making.
Therefore, please withdraw any coins you have left on our pool by the end of May 19th or these will be lost.

Or if anyone 's interested in taking over for a small donation in BTC, please send me a PM on bitcointalk.

Thanks for all who mined with us!

Thanks for the time and effort, it was a very good pool to mine on.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
buttonmc

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:27:03 PM

Current setting:

Proposed setting:

Any sugguestions?

Hey CH,

I think there are a few factors to consider for the new coin release schedule:

1) Mining period- How long will x11 be ASIC resistant? 2ish years? Do we want to be able to mine icoin for 2, 5, 10, 20, or 50+ years?
2) Total number of coins- Depending on your mining period, this may vary. The suggested 250,000,000 ICN seems way too large considering the suggested block rewards and halving times. It would take hundreds of years to mine the total amount, and given the rapid rate of technology advancement, any algorithm would be obsolete.
3) Block Times- Faster transaction times would definitely provide more real world use. If you change reward times down to 1 or 2 minutes, you could just modify the block rewards so that the rate of coins being mined is the same, but confirmations are hastened.
4) Block rewards- I do agree we need a bottleneck in new coins entering the market, but is a 100 to a 25 ICN reward too drastic of a decrease? Would it kill mining all together? With such low trade volume, a 50 ICN block reward transition may ease the transition.
5) Block reward halving times- who said block reward halving times had to be constant. Why couldn't the halving times double as your rewards halved?

*Calculations are made assuming there are currently 11620850 ICN in circulation

Current suggested release schedule:

blocks   reward   time (years)   total coins
64000   25   0.365296804   13220850
64000   12.5   0.730593607   14020850
64000   6.25   1.095890411   14420850
64000   3.125   1.461187215   14620850
64000   1.5625   1.826484018   14720850
64000   0.78125   2.191780822   14770850
64000   0.390625   2.557077626   14795850
64000   0.1953125   2.922374429   14808350
64000   0.09765625   3.287671233   14814600
64000   0.048828125   3.652968037   14817725
64000   0.024414063   4.01826484   14819287.5
64000   0.012207031   4.383561644   14820068.75
64000   0.006103516   4.748858447   14820459.38
64000   0.003051758   5.114155251   14820654.69
64000   0.001525879   5.479452055   14820752.34
64000   0.000762939   5.844748858   14820801.17
64000   0.00038147   6.210045662   14820825.59
64000   0.000190735   6.575342466   14820837.79
64000   9.53674E-05   6.940639269   14820843.9
64000   4.76837E-05   7.305936073   14820846.95
64000   2.38419E-05   7.671232877   14820848.47
64000   1.19209E-05   8.03652968   14820849.24
64000   5.96046E-06   8.401826484   14820849.62
64000   2.98023E-06   8.767123288   14820849.81
64000   1.49012E-06   9.132420091   14820849.9
64000   7.45058E-07   9.497716895   14820849.95
64000   3.72529E-07   9.863013699   14820849.98
64000   1.86265E-07   10.2283105   14820849.99
64000   9.31323E-08   10.59360731   14820849.99
64000   4.65661E-08   10.95890411   14820850
64000   2.32831E-08   11.32420091   14820850

Current release schedule with previous "3 ICN Reward minimum":

64000   25   0.365296804   13220850
64000   12.5   0.730593607   14020850
64000   6.25   1.095890411   14420850
64000   3.125   1.461187215   14620850
64000   3.125   1.826484018   14820850
64000   3.125   2.191780822   15020850
64000   3.125   2.557077626   15220850
64000   3.125   2.922374429   15420850
64000   3.125   3.287671233   15620850
64000   3.125   3.652968037   15820850
64000   3.125   4.01826484   16020850
64000   3.125   4.383561644   16220850
64000   3.125   4.748858447   16420850
64000   3.125   5.114155251   16620850
64000   3.125   5.479452055   16820850
64000   3.125   5.844748858   17020850
64000   3.125   6.210045662   17220850
64000   3.125   6.575342466   17420850
64000   3.125   6.940639269   17620850
64000   3.125   7.305936073   17820850
64000   3.125   7.671232877   18020850
64000   3.125   8.03652968   18220850
64000   3.125   8.401826484   18420850
64000   3.125   8.767123288   18620850
64000   3.125   9.132420091   18820850
64000   3.125   9.497716895   19020850
64000   3.125   9.863013699   19220850
64000   3.125   10.2283105   19420850
64000   3.125   10.59360731   19620850
64000   3.125   10.95890411   19820850
64000   3.125   11.32420091   20020850

Here are my suggestions:

1) <20 year mining period (Instead of straight mining over the 20 year period, if PoS can eventually be added to add the remaining coins into circulation after x11 becomes obsolete in the next 2-3 years)
2) 42,000,000 total coins (250,000,000 coins is not achievable during any of our lifetimes given the current rewards / halving times. Just cut out all the fluff and tell people how many coins are going to be in circulation while they're alive.
3) 1 minute block times (Fast transaction times are a necessity if real world adoption is ever going to take place.)
4) Start with a 50 ICN block reward and decrease from there. (A drop from 100 to 25 seems like to quick of a drop that could harm mining rather than increase the value of the coin)
5) Have variable block reward halving times for more sustainable future mining.

128000   50   0.243531202   18020850
256000   25   1.704718417   24420850
512000   12.5   4.627092846   30820850
1024000   6.25   10.4718417   37220850
1529328   3.125   19.2008828   42000000
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: