Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:40:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:00:11 AM

I do think we fell short a bit in our efforts to get people updated (especially when compared to past hard forks as can be seen by reading a month or so on either side of this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg7735308;topicseen#msg7735308 ) and a lack of insistence in locking out older versions.  A hard fork is a hard fork, and should always be given the mission critcal decision making criteria it deserves.

On the other hand, if that's the only crticism to be handed out, that of having let our guard down and becoming too lax, of resting on our "laurels", I'll take it as a compliment.

. . . but we still need to get more "command room" like in the future nonetheless.

WHat will be done if price hits 1 satoshi?

Some whales will controll the market and you know what this means.

That's about as possible as winning the lottery, and I don't lose sleep over either, though I understand a lot of people do.

. . . and now back to our regular serious programing.

b1007

Activity: 404
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:01:43 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2019, 11:55:55 PM by b1007

DigiByte is no shitcoin at all. It has powerful fundamentals I think

I like to speculate
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:12:02 AM

As far as I see it daytraders are whining because there are no quick pump-profits to be made. DigiByte is no shitcoin at all. It has powerful fundamentals, an obvious goal, real-life application, already good relative good adoption and a lot more going for it on the horizon. At first I was a sceptic, but right now I am very positive. Some people here complaining thinking that there are too many DigiBytes being dumped. Okay eventually there will be 21 billion, that's 21000 million DigiBytes, let's say 21000 units. If it gets dumped to 1 satoshi you can buy 100 units for one bitcoin! which is a huge share of the market! Then you only need 210 people who invest 1 bitcoin in DigiByte and there are no more Digibytes available. So please stop the drama about DigiByte ever becoming worth 1 satoshi. if some big whales step in the Digibytes will be off the market in no time. I agree with the investors, we should consider this thing of ours as a long-term investment, disregard the daytraders etc. focus on the fundamentals, then we'll be good eventually. It's everything or nothing.  Smiley

There are over 11 TRILLION US Dollars in circulation, and they're worth $1.00

21 billion is chump change, the minimum in my opinion in order to function as designed.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the potential (highly understated, by the way, in official statements).

It's not a question of either if or when, rather it's a question of WHO.

If anyone thinks they've got something better, please get over there, oh, and please also let us know.  Wink

gooldbitx103

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:39:38 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 01:41:45 AM by gooldbitx103

Great, now even if I delete the old wallet and reinstall a new one, this one doesn't open at all...
I'm totally lost.
Note : I delete in roaming the folder with wallet.dat and reinstall an old one (5 days before today), wallet launchs again but it still unable to synchronize. I find again the same problem that at the beginning.
I can suppose the new wallet.dat was the problem that explains I was unable to open the wallet window.
i'm not sure if there is a connection with your problem but i had this kind of things : Wallet core (4.0.0 & 4.0.3 x64 /win7) not launching. (Even the digibyte-4.0.3-win64-setup.exe)
I've found out that the problem was because of my AV Avast.
Try to disable your AV and your firewall if you have one, before launching the core wallet.
Thx for your answer. I will try tomorrow, I'm too tired for now:) See you:)
edit : unfortunately, I desactivate my Avira antivirus but nothing changed

Ok, too bad. You should try a clean install on another computer if you have the opportunity.
Test this fresh installed core wallet (opening, closing, let it sync until the end,  etc).
Close it and replace this new unused wallet.dat with a copy of your old wallet.dat.
Re launch, wait... and test. (All fine ? All your DGB are here ? after few hours: sync ok ?  etc)
Then you may also delete (core wallet closed) all the files and sub-directories existing in the roaming directory. Except the 2 files: peers.dat and the wallet.dat.
Relaunch and see if the core wallet resync from the beginning 'til the end (with your old wallet.dat).

At least you'll be sure there's nothing wrong with your wallet.dat, and that problems are in the first computer.
If all mentioned above works, then you could try to do the same in the first computer.
Always keep safely backups of your "old" wallet.dat

EDIT: By "old" i mean the latest working wallet.dat you've been using for your DGBs. Wink

http://dgbsupport.digiassetx.com/
https://dgbwiki.com/
EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:42:11 AM

The only good thing Digispeed has done for the coin is made if far faster for the miners to get them coins to the exchanges to dump them.....Nuff said Cry

The reason i am impatient is because by sitting on DGB for so long i am actually losing money, even though you all think by holding them coins for 1-3 years you will make money you are wrong, if you actually worked out the amount of BTC lost due to the rise & fall of BTC when you could have used the BTC sat in DGB to trade then you will see that sitting on a coin for to long is not a very smart investment, DGB would have to increase by 1000X to get what you have lost, cant see that happening but heck we can all live in the dream world

I'm happy to admit there are different strategies for trading.  Your strategy (based on my reading of your posts) is short-term, news-driven, momentum-based, speculation.  That's fine.  I'm not criticizing your strategy.

My strategy is long-term value based investment.

Your analysis of long-term investment is not accurate.  To be fair, active trading strategies are not inherently bad.  Many day-traders make money.  Some make a lot of money.  We don't have good data from digital currency exchanges.  However, we have lots of good data from equity markets.  Most evidence suggests that over long periods of time nearly all active traders do worse than the overall market (we're talking about over years and years).  Every time you trade you take on risk and you pay small fees.  Over long periods of time active traders pay significant fees that reduce the return.  They also tend to get taken advantage of by automated computerized trading (like the trading bots on exchanges).

I have about 5% of my DGB reserved for trading.  But, I never actually do it.  I made a couple of small trades (purchases) early in the spring of 2015.  However, it was mostly consolidating and getting coins off 1 exchange and onto another one.  I have the same number of DGB today that I had 12 months ago.  Today, those DGB are worth significantly more (135% more) than they were at the beginning of 2015.   I don't know what the price will be on December 31, but so far this year I'm up 135%.  to be fair, my overall investment in DGB is not up 135%.  That's just an annual return figure.  I'm sure there are plenty of day-traders who have made more than 135% for the year.  But, there are probably more who have lost money.

See my next post ...
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:05:54 AM

What percentage of the total Digibyte has been released so far?

5,516,314,871 coin supply
you can see http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/#markets

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:18:41 AM

please check  http://hhttp//www.digibyte.co/system/tdf/digibyte-4.0.3-win32-setup.exe?file=1&type=node&id=287

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
EPLDCC

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:22:08 AM

There has been a lot of talk over the past few weeks about the price decline.  I think that many people are using their individual short-term trading mistakes as a reason to suggest that there is a problem with DigiByte.

DigiByte has had a fantastic year.  Let's look at the facts:

Over the past 12 months, the DGB market cap has increased from $138,423 (at the beginning of 2015) to $912,837 (today).  That is a 559% increase in market cap over the past 12 months.

By way of comparison.  The BTC market cap has increased approximately 65% over the year.  LTC has had a good year; the market cap for LTC has increased 130% over the past 12 months.  Dash has had a pretty good year; the DASH market cap has gone from $8,398,731 to $14,801,837; that is a 76% increase. XMR (Monero) is up almost 90% in market cap for the year.  DOGE has had a hard year, they are down about 11% for the year.  Ripple is down about 55% in market cap for the past 12 months.  Etherium is down about 21% in market cap from mid-summer (release) to today.

We could keep going (I honestly got a bit bored doing the math for other coins) but the point is clear.  DGB's 559% increase in market cap is one of the most successful of the past 12 months.

Our exchange ratios are also up.  The liquidity (volume/price daily) is looking good and the average volumes are keeping pace with the increase in market cap.

Over the past 12 months DigiByte has released multiple wallets for Android.  DGB also released an iOS wallet (today that wallet is getting updated for version 4.0.3).  And, DGB released the chrome browser extension wallet.  

Over the past 12 months DigiByte has developed and introduced three major new services DigiByteTip (beta), DigiByte Gaming, and DigiByte Market.  All three of those services are still growing and developing and they will continue to get updated and developed over the next 12 months.

Over the past 12 months DigiByte also collaborated with TofuGear to release the omnichannel retail platform, which is a huge leap forward for bringing the internet-of-things into the retail environment.

And, in addition to all of the above, DigiByte developed and released DigiSpeed.  Some people have asked recently about why DigiSpeed was necessary.  I would answer that DigiSpeed is not about yesterday or today.  DigiSpeed is about tomorrow.  It provides the capacity to scale the DGB network in the future as the existing services grow and as we add and develop new services.

Over the past 12 months DGB has developed and released 5 new wallets (for mobile devices, browsers, and the core DGB-QT wallets), they have developed three significant new services that are proprietary to DigiByte, and collaborated on the omnichannel retailing platform, and developed, and released a hardfork to lay out the foundation for development and services in the coming year(s).

Read back over all of that ... it's not surprising at all that the DGB market cap has increased 559% during the same time.  DigiByte has significantly increased the underlying value of the services and network over the past 12 months.  

I would challenge anyone to give me an example of a digital currency that has accomplished the same amount in the past 12 months.
TamiLee

Activity: 637

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:45:48 AM

Read back over all of that ... it's not surprising at all that the DGB market cap has increased 559% during the same time.  DigiByte has significantly increased the underlying value of the services and network over the past 12 months.  

I would challenge anyone to give me an example of a digital currency that has accomplished the same amount in the past 12 months.

I would say Gulden has accomplished a lot in 12 months in development and especially in the last 8 months. It might be the best investment of all coins at the moment.
Digibyte has had a incredible and well deserved run and it's back to consolidation for a bit but it has settled at a new higher low and I see digibyte taking Dogecoins place in marketcap in the future.

I noticed the iOS app is no longer in the store and only android available for users, is there plans to have a iOS wallet again?

EPLDCC

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:50:10 AM

The only good thing Digispeed has done for the coin is made if far faster for the miners to get them coins to the exchanges to dump them.....Nuff said Cry

The reason i am impatient is because by sitting on DGB for so long i am actually losing money, even though you all think by holding them coins for 1-3 years you will make money you are wrong, if you actually worked out the amount of BTC lost due to the rise & fall of BTC when you could have used the BTC sat in DGB to trade then you will see that sitting on a coin for to long is not a very smart investment, DGB would have to increase by 1000X to get what you have lost, cant see that happening but heck we can all live in the dream world

It's just useless, it's like discussing with fanboys. I thought DGB was a good investment for the long run. To me that means it would keep raising in value and gaining more exposure not this BS. We are close to 20s (most of my share was bought at 70-80s sadly) and I guess we should be celebrating something? It was around 120 some weeks ago, DO THE MATH.

All I care is money, it's an investment, I appreciate the effort and work they put into the project but I don't have any emotional attachments. I want the project to do go because it will bring me money. Same with Bitcoin. I do appreciate the technology behind but that's it. It won't cure cancer and watching some recent updates I say it's closer to causing it.

I don't really appreciate being compared to cancer.  I know Jared, and I can assume that he wouldn't like it either.  That's pretty rude on your part.  I've attempted to be polite with you over the past few weeks.  I've written about how we value your opinion and appreciate constructive criticism.  I do understand that you are upset because of the short-term price decline.  If you have constructive criticism or concerns, please always feel free to share them.

It's never any fun when we make mistakes.  I've lost a bunch of money in one of my retirement accounts this year.  Early in the year I decided to make a sizable investment in a small-cap stock.  It's only 1 of the 3 retirement accounts that I have - but I took about half the account and moved it into the stock.  And, it has just been hammered over the past 10 months.  I've lost a lot of money because of that decision (and I mean a lot of money).  But that's it.  I made a bad trading decision.  I bought at the wrong time.  I still believe the company has great potential, I just bought at the wrong time and lost money.  It was my fault.  I don't blame the company.  I don't blame the other traders.  I made a mistake.  I don't go online and write things about how the company is a terrible investment.  I don't go online and write that they are like cancer.

You can never succeed with trading until you take responsibility for your actions and decisions.  It's not DigiByte's responsibility to make you money in your short-term day trading.  It's certainly not the responsibility of other members in this discussion to make decisions for you.  We get it.  You made a mistake and bought DGB during the pump that happened in September and October.  You've lost money on the decision.  It's your mistake.  Live with it and stop blaming DigiByte and the DigiByte community.

EPLDCC

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:53:06 AM

I would say Gulden has accomplished a lot in 12 months in development and especially in the last 8 months. It might be the best investment of all coins at the moment.
Digibyte has had a incredible and well deserved run and it's back to consolidation for a bit but it has settled at a new higher low and I see digibyte taking Dogecoins place in marketcap in the future.

I noticed the iOS app is no longer in the store and only android available for users, is there plans to have a iOS wallet again?

They pulled the iOS app from the store to update it now that DigiSpeed is released.  I'm not sure about when the updated version will be released.  I know they're working on it.  I really loved using the iOS app - so I'm looking forward to having it back.

And, yes.  I think Gulden is a good coin.  I don't keep up with it the way I should.  But, I know that many members of our community also support Gulden.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 02:58:46 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 07:33:13 AM by yoyoamigo

There has been a lot of talk over the past few weeks about the price decline.  I think that many people are using their individual short-term trading mistakes as a reason to suggest that there is a problem with DigiByte.

DigiByte has had a fantastic year.  Let's look at the facts:

Over the past 12 months, the DGB market cap has increased from $138,423 (at the beginning of 2015) to $912,837 (today).  That is a 559% increase in market cap over the past 12 months.

By way of comparison.  The BTC market cap has increased approximately 65% over the year.  LTC has had a good year; the market cap for LTC has increased 130% over the past 12 months.  Dash has had a pretty good year; the DASH market cap has gone from $8,398,731 to $14,801,837; that is a 76% increase. XMR (Monero) is up almost 90% in market cap for the year.  DOGE has had a hard year, they are down about 11% for the year.  Ripple is down about 55% in market cap for the past 12 months.  Etherium is down about 21% in market cap from mid-summer (release) to today.

We could keep going (I honestly got a bit bored doing the math for other coins) but the point is clear.  DGB's 559% increase in market cap is one of the most successful of the past 12 months.

Our exchange ratios are also up.  The liquidity (volume/price daily) is looking good and the average volumes are keeping pace with the increase in market cap.

Over the past 12 months DigiByte has released multiple wallets for Android.  DGB also released an iOS wallet (today that wallet is getting updated for version 4.0.3).  And, DGB released the chrome browser extension wallet.  

Over the past 12 months DigiByte has developed and introduced three major new services DigiByteTip (beta), DigiByte Gaming, and DigiByte Market.  All three of those services are still growing and developing and they will continue to get updated and developed over the next 12 months.

Over the past 12 months DigiByte also collaborated with TofuGear to release the omnichannel retail platform, which is a huge leap forward for bringing the internet-of-things into the retail environment.

And, in addition to all of the above, DigiByte developed and released DigiSpeed.  Some people have asked recently about why DigiSpeed was necessary.  I would answer that DigiSpeed is not about yesterday or today.  DigiSpeed is about tomorrow.  It provides the capacity to scale the DGB network in the future as the existing services grow and as we add and develop new services.

Over the past 12 months DGB has developed and released 5 new wallets (for mobile devices, browsers, and the core DGB-QT wallets), they have developed three significant new services that are proprietary to DigiByte, and collaborated on the omnichannel retailing platform, and developed, and released a hardfork to lay out the foundation for development and services in the coming year(s).

a simple and awesome summary of DigiByte's Development for the past 12 months EPLDCC! a post like this once in a while is great to have to serve as a reminder to all of us, as well as providing a quick overall view of DigiByte's progress for the new people. 2015 alone has about 5 new developments. i wonder what 2016 will have in store for DigiByte!

i am okay if 2016 doesn't have anything new. But instead, bring all the 5 new developments from 2015 to Cryptocurrency 2.0 Level! In other words, tons of improvements, additional features & functions, image and design overhaul change with a more sleek professional look (tidier and neater too), massive marketing, etc.

buckle up everyone. 2016 is not a year for slackers and fudders! Time to get serious!

◈◈◈ Trading Tip ◈◈◈
Miss the boat? Prices have risen too high for you to enter? Just buy on the way down and sell on the way up.
This is to decrease your average cost per unit.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 04:04:16 AM

EPLDCC we are lucky to have someone like you on our side gotta say! Thanks for everything you've brought to the table and for keeping a cool and calculated approach throughout. Smiley
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:45:08 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2019, 11:56:17 PM by b1007

I think a lot of price speculation concerning DigiByte is purely a psychological thing.

I like to speculate
anon_giraffe

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:05:58 AM

This is my theory behind all the constant dumps within DGB

If there is 6,209,280 DGB being mined every day that gives you 43,464,960 per week no wonder its being dumped to hell miners are just going to take the profits with BTC so high...DGB aint going nowhere anytime soon...such a shame TBH sometimes its best to not try & fix something thats not broken...digispeed was a big mistake

That's around 100 USD daily at current prices, about 1/2 of your average operating costs - if I'm not mistaken, meaning these miners (excepting those robbing their electricity) are PAYING an aggregate 100 USD to mine and dump. It sure must be a lot of fun because we haven't even mentioned the cost of their mining equipment yet.

And for all of that, still only a miniscule drop in the bucket.

there are many miners purely in it for dumps (perhaps with a bit of short term market manipulation as well).
 as price rises obviously the amount of short term miners will increase
obviously as price declines dumping will decrease too.

not a sig
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:16:10 AM

NLG is a very good investment indeed and has a very deserving spot on my Top 10 list (and will likely move up on the year end report). DGB is still the undeniable #1 though.

Lakici

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:27:27 AM

Hi, I need your help with the wallet.

Two days ago I have sent some coins and closed the wallet while transaction was unconfirmed, which I usually don't do. Now, digi is crashing every time it reaches wallet.dat.
When wallet was removed new one was created and it synced till the end. Restoring previous wallet afterwards didn't work.
I was able to sync on Sunday and receive coins, didn't use wallet after that.

Any suggestions?

Restart the wallet wit the -rescan or -reindex command.

Thank you, reindex worked, your address for donation please?
EPLDCC

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:32:26 AM

Hi, I need your help with the wallet.

Two days ago I have sent some coins and closed the wallet while transaction was unconfirmed, which I usually don't do. Now, digi is crashing every time it reaches wallet.dat.
When wallet was removed new one was created and it synced till the end. Restoring previous wallet afterwards didn't work.
I was able to sync on Sunday and receive coins, didn't use wallet after that.

Any suggestions?

Restart the wallet wit the -rescan or -reindex command.

Thank you, reindex worked, your address for donation please?

Hi Lakici.  I'm happy to hear it worked for you.  Genuinely happy that your issue was resolved.  You don't have to tip us for support.  We're happy to provide support to our community.  Instead, send what you would have tipped us to a friend that you think might be interested in DGB.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:32:43 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 10:23:42 AM by HR

This is my theory behind all the constant dumps within DGB

If there is 6,209,280 DGB being mined every day that gives you 43,464,960 per week no wonder its being dumped to hell miners are just going to take the profits with BTC so high...DGB aint going nowhere anytime soon...such a shame TBH sometimes its best to not try & fix something thats not broken...digispeed was a big mistake

That's around 100 USD daily at current prices, about 1/2 of your average operating costs - if I'm not mistaken, meaning these miners (excepting those robbing their electricity) are PAYING an aggregate 100 USD to mine and dump. It sure must be a lot of fun because we haven't even mentioned the cost of their mining equipment yet.

And for all of that, still only a miniscule drop in the bucket.

there are many miners purely in it for dumps (perhaps with a bit of short term market manipulation as well).
 as price rises obviously the amount of short term miners will increase
obviously as price declines dumping will decrease too.

As price moves up, and the number of miners grow, so will the difficulty to mine, and that in turn means that profitibility breakeven levels will also move higher.

I highly recommend that everyone revisit the basics because what I've been seeing again and again on this board is a lot of nonsense boarding on stupidity and all for lack of understanding about what a cryptocurrency really is and how it really works.

. . . of course, with people who blame others for their uninformed trading mistakes, what else should we expect?

But I do suspect the rest of us are able to keep from falling into that seeming cosy trap of ignorant bliss, so let's bring the level up a bit.

Before posting, we should ask ourselves if we at least have a basic understanding of what we're talking about and how things work.

Google is a great starting point by the way.  Wink

Unfortunately, there's nothing there on how to stop being a day trading loser. Cheesy

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 10:02:06 AM

working on a faucet. Whats a fair payout per 24 hours?
Pages: « 1 ... 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: