Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058329 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 11:58:03 PM

I think some kind of app would raise the value significantly.  When goldcoin made one their prices jumped 10 fold.  Back in the day.
Do you know what the app did exactly? We are open to any ideas or suggestions.

Mitsuo

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:30:59 AM

Wanted to give everyone a DigiByte development update:

* A few finishing touches are being put on the DigiMan
* A professional voice over has been completed for the DigiByte promo video and it sounds great!
* A lite wallet as well as a DGB address generator is being worked on.
* More newbie guides with pictures are being put together.
* The foundation for the design and code of the DGB exchange is being layed out and work  has been started on it.
* We have started gathering and putting together the application for FINCEN to abide by all appropriate banking laws.
* We are aggressively messaging all exchanges and working to get it on some bigger places to trade!

Any ETAs?
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 01:33:47 AM

New DigiByte mining pool added to pool list! http://dgb.dedicatedpool.com/

dedicatedpoolcom

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:52:01 AM

http://dedicatedpool.com/images/logo.png

DGB.DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

Benefits of Mining on DEDICATEDPOOL.COM

• Backups every 30 minutes of the databases and wallets to protect your mining endeavours.
  • Full 24/7 support available at admin@dedicatedpool.com
  • Mine uninterrupted - dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection.
  • Trustworthy admins who care about your experience and mining.
MMos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:20:34 AM

Will we ever get kimoto gravity well? Seems like certain multipool are using altcoinstats.com and huge hash gets dropped onto us loyal miners but we stay and they leave, leaving us with 3-5 levels of  diff adjustments...while needing to mine a couple of hundred blocks...

gravity well will solve this problem! Cheesy

aimnano

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:24:56 AM

https://pool.chunky.ms/doge/site_assets/chunky/img/chunky_small_2.png

Hey DigiByte thread, looking for a place to mine DGB? Join us at Chunky Pool!

Here's a little more info:

• Brand new dashboard/homepage!
  • 0% fees forever, not just "for now"
  • SSL encryption
  • Custom MPOS layout
  • Support and a wonderful community @ irc.freenode.net #chunky
  • We are equipped to withstand thousands of workers
  • Excellent stability and uptime

We also provide many other coin pools and even have a coin-switching multi-port that switches between coins to maximize profitability!

One account fits all
We have modified MPOS to provide a multipool experience. You only have to create one account, and that account is shared among all of our coin instances. Unlike some other multipools, and since we're on top of MPOS, we offer you complete transparency about provided shares, found blocks and much more!

Pools
  • Dogecoin - port 3333
  • Earthcoin - port 3334
  • RonPaulCoin - port 3335
  • Lottocoin - port 3336
  • Stablecoin - port 3337
  • 42coin - port 3338
  • Digibyte - port 3339
  • Litecoin - port 3340
  • Klondikecoin - port 3341
  • Leafcoin - port 3342
  • Potcoin - port 4200
  • Multiport - port 6666

And perhaps the biggest reason of all: we are miners just like you. We started this pool because we were sick of trying to find pools that didn't go down all the time. We are committed to making a better mining environment for you and for ourselves.

https://pool.chunky.ms/
ozzymax

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:27:41 AM

What a dilemma, I sent 10,000 Digibyte coins to an exchange, I generated a deposit address and sent the the coins only to realise that I sent them to a different coin wallet, in my haste I made the mistake of mistaking Digital coin For Digibyte coin as the shortened letters for both coins are very similar and could be mistaken for each other, I was lead to believe that you can't actually send coins to a different coin wallet the client doesn't let you, in this case it did. Sad
Obviously these coins never arrived at the exchange and now they are floating around lost in space and time, maybe in a hundred thousand years someone will download a Digibyte client and it will randomly generate the address and the recipient will be a billionaire in a split second. oh well some you win and some you lose.
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:59:28 AM

What a dilemma, I sent 10,000 Digibyte coins to an exchange, I generated a deposit address and sent the the coins only to realise that I sent them to a different coin wallet, in my haste I made the mistake of mistaking Digital coin For Digibyte coin as the shortened letters for both coins are very similar and could be mistaken for each other, I was lead to believe that you can't actually send coins to a different coin wallet the client doesn't let you, in this case it did. Sad
Obviously these coins never arrived at the exchange and now they are floating around lost in space and time, maybe in a hundred thousand years someone will download a Digibyte client and it will randomly generate the address and the recipient will be a billionaire in a split second. oh well some you win and some you lose.

You can contact the exchange. They might be be able to help you out.  There were 2 other who had the same issue with coins they send to coinmarket.  They wouldn't release private keys to the addresses(understandable) but they can import the private key into their digibyte client and redeem them for you.

I can't say if they will or won't as thats really up to the exchange, but it is possible to retrieve them.  

creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 05:26:03 AM

Could use your help, if you think Cryptsy should add DigiByte Smiley

https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin/status/432016962323894272

"RT(Re-Tweet) if you think BigVern should add DigiByte to cryptsy!"

HashEngineering

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 05:36:26 AM

How do you create addresses without a wallet. It there an online tool like for bitcoin that works for digibyte?  Or does digibyte use the same hash methods as bitcoin or litecoin?
DigiByte uses the Scrypt algorithm instead of SHA-256.

I believe Scrypt is used for Proof of Work but I'm pretty sure the addresses are still created using sha-256.  They do also start with a 'd'.  

Something like https://github.com/litecoin-project/liteaddress.org shouldnt be that hard to modify. Something in javascript is likely the ideal solution because a hosted service would let the hoster see the private key. In javascript its all done locally.

Very interesting. The DigiByte addresses start with a "D" represented by a Base58 check encoding. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding

Yes, sorry, your absolutely correct. I was was not case sensitive there, which matters.

In the source its defined at https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject/blob/master/src/base58.h#L281

To know what you need to change to liteaddress.org to adapt it to your coin, simply use a diff tool to compare bitaddress.org to liteaddress.org code.  The differences besides the strings for to "Bitcoin" or "Litecoin" will be the parts that need to be changed.  Those parts relate the public and private addresses.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
Archi348

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:45:25 AM

Despite the temporary delay in payouts DGB.Luckyminers.com has been steady throughout the last week or so and all is resolved with some patience.  Solid hashing with no stratum disconnects.  Their current promo for a 500 DGB bonus per block find has been a nice bump in my earnings for the last couple days.

Taking some recent posts to heart and selling some mining proceeds at current levels despite my belief that this coin is still significantly undervalued. Let's get more DGB in circulation for the good of the cause!
kimb0

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:05:22 AM

PIG: 7Hj3rfTDbzEPVh98n3N3t7UJRBhQq8GDX4
ipxtreme

Activity: 262

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:08:57 AM

This coin is awesome!

DGB tips DSjJBnm9ojoSMdTZdif2rDdRnZkSQnpBJ7

BTC tips: 14PkHaJH5GexLG9P7MYxHRNvZeCq2t8DWX
xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:21:44 AM

How do you create addresses without a wallet. It there an online tool like for bitcoin that works for digibyte?  Or does digibyte use the same hash methods as bitcoin or litecoin?

I believe Scrypt is used for Proof of Work but I'm pretty sure the addresses are still created using sha-256.  They do also start with a 'd'.  

Something like https://github.com/litecoin-project/liteaddress.org shouldnt be that hard to modify. Something in javascript is likely the ideal solution because a hosted service would let the hoster see the private key. In javascript its all done locally.

Very interesting. The DigiByte addresses start with a "D" represented by a Base58 check encoding. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Base58Check_encoding

Yes, sorry, your absolutely correct. I was was not case sensitive there, which matters.

In the source its defined at https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject/blob/master/src/base58.h#L281

To know what you need to change to liteaddress.org to adapt it to your coin, simply use a diff tool to compare bitaddress.org to liteaddress.org code.  The differences besides the strings for to "Bitcoin" or "Litecoin" will be the parts that need to be changed.  Those parts relate the public and private addresses.

I have it up and running at  http://digiaddress.org   but the paper wallet image hasn't been updated yet which is why I haven't been spreading the news, not that I'm keeping it secret its just isn't fully ready yet and I'm no graphics artist Smiley

mintzone

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:41:37 AM

To know what you need to change to liteaddress.org to adapt it to your coin, simply use a diff tool to compare bitaddress.org to liteaddress.org code.  The differences besides the strings for to "Bitcoin" or "Litecoin" will be the parts that need to be changed.  Those parts relate the public and private addresses.

I have it up and running at  http://digiaddress.org   but the paper wallet image hasn't been updated yet which is why I haven't been spreading the news, not that I'm keeping it secret its just isn't fully ready yet and I'm no graphics artist Smiley

Once again xploited, you deliver something good.
Looking forward to when it's all done  Grin

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:57:18 AM

You can contact the exchange. They might be be able to help you out.  There were 2 other who had the same issue with coins they send to coinmarket.  They wouldn't release private keys to the addresses(understandable) but they can import the private key into their digibyte client and redeem them for you.

I can't say if they will or won't as thats really up to the exchange, but it is possible to retrieve them.  

@Digibyte   It seems that a few people now have done this. There was a discussion a while ago about changing "DGB" to "DIGI".  I personally was in favour of DIGI at the time & still am. Is this discussion now dead or could we arrange a vote on it before Digibyte becomes even more widely adopted?  It would be a shame if someone ever loses a large holding because of this avoidable issue.
xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:05:24 AM

@Digibyte   It seems that a few people now have done this. There was a discussion a while ago about changing "DGB" to "DIGI".  I personally was in favour of DIGI at the time & still am. Is this discussion now dead or could we arrange a vote on it before Digibyte becomes even more widely adopted?  It would be a shame if someone ever loses a large holding because of this avoidable issue.

I've been considering this and I haven't come up with a way to do this without invalidating every current DGB address, which is not a good plan.

You can change the name to DIGI from DGB but the root of the problem will still exist.  Any coin based off the bitcoin source and having address's starting with 'D' will have addresses that are valid on each others network. I don't believe theres any way around it at this point.  

If someone has a solution I'm all ear!

creativecuriosity

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 07:08:23 AM

@Digibyte   It seems that a few people now have done this. There was a discussion a while ago about changing "DGB" to "DIGI".  I personally was in favour of DIGI at the time & still am. Is this discussion now dead or could we arrange a vote on it before Digibyte becomes even more widely adopted?  It would be a shame if someone ever loses a large holding because of this avoidable issue.

I've been considering this and I haven't come up with a way to do this without invalidating every current DGB address, which is not a good plan.

You can change the name to DIGI from DGB but the root of the problem will still exist.  Any coin based off the bitcoin source and having address's starting with 'D' will have addresses that are valid on each others network. I don't believe theres any way around it at this point.  

xploited is suddenly x2 on the cool scale; as they have only one ear and are obviously a pirate.

xploited

CLAM Dev

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:25:13 AM

xploited is suddenly x2 on the cool scale; as they have only one ear and are obviously a pirate.

No no no, I'm not a pirate. I'm the van gogh of crypto Tongue

srknbyr

Activity: 661
Merit: 581

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:35:26 AM

Hello digibyters Smiley this is my friend's pool. Fast and stable. It's already over 430.081 Mhs, join us

http://digi.coinium.org/

.▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▌       ▀▀▀█████████
█████████▄          ▀██████
██████████▄          ▀█████
██████████           █████
██████████           █████
███████████    ▄██▄   █████
███████████▄▄▄▄████ ▄█████
 ▀███████████████████████▀
.digilira.||||
Pages: « 1 ... 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: