Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:16:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058423 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:37:46 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 10:52:57 AM by HR

http://www.fluttercoin.us/fluttercoin/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Proof-of-Transaction.pdf

http://www.fluttercoin.us/fltbeta2/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/proof-of-transaction-v2-r.pdf

Also, I'm surprised I haven't seen this anywhere, but, since first hand knowledge is always the best, I thought I'd better give X11 a test run (no I still hadn't), what with Darkcoin heading up the profitability list and all, and the energy savings are exactly the same as with Groestl.  Shocked

BTW, the fact that daily mining proceeds from select Scrypt-N, Groestl or X11 coins will buy you 3-4 times the DGB that you could mine if you were mining DGB sends a very loud signal . . . I think anyway.  Undecided  That could be a big reason why the network hashrate is so low - lots of folks mining other coins and then buying DGB on the open market.

Add: That inexplicable difference in mining proceeds and DGB purchasing power could also be attributable to a general sympathy movement lower in price cause by a general exodus from scrypt as well. (Most likely a combination of scrypt exodus with gaining popularity in ASIC resistant coins though - two worlds meeting halfway as it were.)

nade70

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:54:34 AM

http://www.fluttercoin.us/fluttercoin/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Proof-of-Transaction.pdf

http://www.fluttercoin.us/fltbeta2/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/proof-of-transaction-v2-r.pdf

Also, I'm surprised I haven't seen this anywhere, but, since first hand knowledge is always the best, I thought I'd better give X11 a test run (no I still hadn't), what with Darkcoin heading up the profitability list and all, and the energy savings are exactly the same as with GroestlShocked

BTW, the fact that daily mining proceeds from select Scrypt-N, Groestl or X11 coins will buy you 3-4 times the DGB that you could mine if you were mining DGB sends a very loud signal . . . I think anyway.  Undecided  That could be a big reason why the network hashrate is so low - lots of folks mining other coins and then buying DGB on the open market.

this is how I am building my DGB wallet. Mining directly produces a lot lower result.

On the point as to what coins needs to stand out from the crowd it is simply a POS ( point of sale) implementation

There needs to be a merchant wallet that plugs into your existing website so you can start taking payment in a coin and it can do a direct translation to the local currency. It should also give you the ability to display all your products in that coin.
If there was a python, dotnet etc library you could use for your website that had all this functionality  in it with DGB there as a default then we would see early adoption in all merchant services.

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:43:42 PM

this is how I am building my DGB wallet. Mining directly produces a lot lower result.

On the point as to what coins needs to stand out from the crowd it is simply a POS ( point of sale) implementation

There needs to be a merchant wallet that plugs into your existing website so you can start taking payment in a coin and it can do a direct translation to the local currency. It should also give you the ability to display all your products in that coin.
If there was a python, dotnet etc library you could use for your website that had all this functionality  in it with DGB there as a default then we would see early adoption in all merchant services.

this.

except unfortunately with trade so low only a merchant with small transactions could implement at this stage say up to $200 or $300 or so
The real trouble here is capturing a large enough number of current users to get things moving. Simply putting DGB on a regular site, people will just go "huh?" and pay in fiat on their card instead.  In the days of GPU mining there were accessory shops selling risers, used GPUs etc, these things are ideally priced to encourage the use of DGB. With ASICs coming there simply aren't enough DGB avail to pay for a unit at a sensible price relative to the market price. And in the absence of mining gear, what do we all want in common?  Any ideas?
nade70

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:40:19 PM

this.

except unfortunately with trade so low only a merchant with small transactions could implement at this stage say up to $200 or $300 or so
The real trouble here is capturing a large enough number of current users to get things moving. Simply putting DGB on a regular site, people will just go "huh?" and pay in fiat on their card instead.  In the days of GPU mining there were accessory shops selling risers, used GPUs etc, these things are ideally priced to encourage the use of DGB. With ASICs coming there simply aren't enough DGB avail to pay for a unit at a sensible price relative to the market price. And in the absence of mining gear, what do we all want in common?  Any ideas?

There is the idea for a browser plugin that you can use on a site like amazon and it will change your crypto to fiat for amazon purchases. So you have a middle man so to speak that gives you access to whatever coin you have.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:22:50 PM

this.

There is the idea for a browser plugin that you can use on a site like amazon and it will change your crypto to fiat for amazon purchases. So you have a middle man so to speak that gives you access to whatever coin you have.

how does that work?  the people/company with the browser plugin hold the currency instead of selling it straightaway to make up for the cash?
onebutton

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:32:47 PM

I hereby announce that I have further increased my position in digibyte. Low risk - potentially high reward.

Hope your position is right
Because I also is such
What a beautiful silver COINS
 Smiley
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:39:45 PM

This is a very interesting debate, however the biggest concern is how alt coin prices will hold up if bitcoin goes to $2000, if Digibyte holds it's current value then it doesn't need to increase in price as you've already made 4 times your fiat value due to the bitcoin price increase, however the question is will people part with there bitcoins at $2000?

IMO bitcoin prices will need to go to $5000 in order for the deserved altcoins to have a future as there just isn't enough btc to go around to support every coin trying to make it.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:17:21 PM

This is a very interesting debate, however the biggest concern is how alt coin prices will hold up if bitcoin goes to $2000, if Digibyte holds it's current value then it doesn't need to increase in price as you've already made 4 times your fiat value due to the bitcoin price increase, however the question is will people part with there bitcoins at $2000?

IMO bitcoin prices will need to go to $5000 in order for the deserved altcoins to have a future as there just isn't enough btc to go around to support every coin trying to make it.

Who the hell buys DGB with fiat? Stop telling stories. If bitcoin does a 4x and DGB stays the same price in BTC then most investors will not be happy to say the least.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:23:40 PM

Who the hell buys DGB with fiat? Stop telling stories. If bitcoin does a 4x and DGB stays the same price in BTC then most investors will not be happy to say the least.

As long as DigiByte price stays similar (not 4 times less), then it is not a problem for the short term. Lets say you have 1m DGB worth 0.4 BTC, then it will still stays the same, only matter in fiat, dollar price. BTC may increase in dollars but may not affect DGB or other alt coins unless people wants to quickly cash out for BTC, which is a huge DUMP !
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 08:28:35 PM

Are we really at 70 satoshis? WTF is up with people praising shitcoins and giving them fake value instread of supporting DGB?
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:39:55 PM

Well, we're witnessing another huge crypto SNAFU in realtime. Deja vú all over again.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/fork-to-stop-masternode-payments.883/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6956828#msg6956828

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6956926#msg6956926

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6957043#msg6957043

This kind of thing can severely damage the Dev team's reputation and people's confidence in their ability to manage the coin. A botch is a botch, and this kind of failure lingers in the minds of users for a long, long time.

This is probably the main reason why I am such a staunch proponent of a KISS algo change using Groestl. It's been implemented successfully in simple PoW form, and it works. Just how hybrid mixing will go with that, I'm not sure though (I cringe at the thought of what's going to happen once DMD actually gets their PoS functioning . . . yes, that part of the DMD new algo is still not functional).

Nevertheless, this IS NOT TO SAY that we should sit on our hands out of fear of making a mistake. That will lead to ruin as well in my opinion. Something must be urgently done to get the user base back on DGB, and in my view an algo change is the way to do that. Groestl even offers CPU miners the opportunity to get back in the game! And if anyone doubts the potential user base that would come with CPU miners due to their very low mining capacity, take a look at the DOGE user base. I've said before that it's a DOGE eat DOGE world, and, well, if they don't take care of their community, why shouldn't we offer them a place in the sun? What's wrong with directly competing for 'customers'? Groestl represents a 45% reduction in electricity costs and an algo that's meant to serve the masses, and it's a simple implementation with extremely low risk. I think it should be done ASAP . . . hopefully before DOGE does it.  Wink

Groestl offers an easy immediate response
with very low risk of encountering unwanted issues.

Everything else can wait and be developed in time without hurry. What's the hurry with a PoS implementation? What's the hurry to unnecessarily complicate things? It's the key component of a cryptocurrency that needs to be defended now: its secure and solid STORAGE OF WEALTH characteristic! Keep It Simple Stupid, Just Do It, and Rock On.

Everything else should be duly assigned to future development that's released when ready. There's nothing that says that future improvements should not be made by taking a stop-gap decision now, nothing at all – in fact, that would be part of the published mission statement.

Who knows how high we can eventually fly, but if we don't do an initial take-off sometime soon, we'll never get off the ground.

Groestl is a straight forward, simple algo change that at least gets DGB out of the scrypt quagmire and moving towards the runway. That, and a simple addition to the mission statement that clearly declares that “DGB is a cryptocurrency designed by the people and for the people and that it will be continually developed and improved upon to that end” should be more than enough to get the price up where it belongs and get that widely distributed user base hashing DGB once again.

piyany

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:14:24 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 10:26:26 PM by piyany

Are we really at 70 satoshis? WTF is up with people praising shitcoins and giving them fake value instread of supporting DGB?

More like ~35 satoshi.

Those shitcoins have lots of announcements, some try to implement new popular features.
This creates hype, lots of market action and people get interested.

Groestl is a straight forward, simple algo change that at least gets DGB out of the scrypt quagmire and moving towards the runway. That, and a simple addition to the mission statement that clearly declares that “DGB is a cryptocurrency designed by the people and for the people and that it will be continually developed and improved upon to that end” should be more than enough to get the price up where it belongs and get that widely distributed user base hashing DGB once again.

Something innovative and forward thinking would be even better. Multi-algo,PoT... many nice options.

Still anything better than staying in scrypt any longer. Only reason all those scrypt coins used scrypt was ASIC resistance. Now it's gone.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 12:11:07 AM

Hello everyone! After today (Memorial Day here in the States) we will be ramping up development and working hard! We will make an algorithm announcement this week. We realize time is of significant importance right now. Hope you all had a good weekend! We are excited for this next week!

appbox

Activity: 421

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:13:23 AM

Hello everyone! After today (Memorial Day here in the States) we will be ramping up development and working hard! We will make an algorithm announcement this week. We realize time is of significant importance right now. Hope you all had a good weekend! We are excited for this next week!

Good news! To the moon!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
appbox

Activity: 421

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:19:58 AM

If we create new payment network, we will have large requirement digibytes to buy something.

Maybe its billion dollars network. Now, its a dream for us. But keep going, never give up, we will hit 1 dollar.

And, the most important is change the world, not the money.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
hashnine

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:01:36 AM

Change the algo FTW

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:04:50 AM

Any plans to reduce the maximum number of coins or that is set in stone?
hashnine

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:10:07 AM

Cool.

Cool

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
piratfx

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:08:13 PM

+1

12 bilions and we can go to the mars in next week Smiley
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:45:01 PM

+1

12 bilions and we can go to the mars in next week Smiley

Less than 10 billions will be great... maybe 8 billions in total.... That would be amazing.
I hope there is a plan for this.

7 billion is world population and only 2 billions have internet access and active internet users maybe %20 of this, which comes to 400 million people can have DGB Smiley

If total coin becomes 8 billions, then it comes to 20 DGB per person with the values of 100-1000??? dollars per DGB within a few years???

Even 8 billion is maybe too much for a coin (USDe for example have 1.6billion) but I think it is fine. DIGIBYTE please consider reducing the amount of total coins.

THANK YOU !
Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: