Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:56:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 08:14:41 AM

The fee has always been like that but if you have a very small btc amount in your btc wallet we can refund it to you.

Then please refund me the fees you have taken from me.
+1
refund for 7 transactions please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:17:23 PM

They're probably trying to cash in a bit of extra profit without getting their heads beheaded since BitMit failed to sell.

that sounds about right. It is disappointing to as I offered to buy it.
Was their fee lower before? There are more sites that used this tx fee... but most of them have lowered it. It just doesn't make sense... but yeah, they're making money.

We send some mails by accident to users of already completed orders. However there are still some unfinished orders in the system. We are trying to reach everyone who has still funds in its account and will also be available after the shutdown if an disappeared user comes back. The fee has always been like that but if you have a very small btc amount in your btc wallet we can refund it to you.

SO does this mean you are closing for good with no new owner?

What will happen to my bitcoins stuck in escrow?
tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:12:55 PM

They're probably trying to cash in a bit of extra profit without getting their heads beheaded since BitMit failed to sell.

that sounds about right. It is disappointing to as I offered to buy it.
Was their fee lower before? There are more sites that used this tx fee... but most of them have lowered it. It just doesn't make sense... but yeah, they're making money.

We send some mails by accident to users of already completed orders. However there are still some unfinished orders in the system. We are trying to reach everyone who has still funds in its account and will also be available after the shutdown if an disappeared user comes back. The fee has always been like that but if you have a very small btc amount in your btc wallet we can refund it to you.

SO does this mean you are closing for good with no new owner?

What will happen to my bitcoins stuck in escrow?

We recommended to do a 50/50 split because we cannot determine who of you is in right but the other party is not accepting this yet.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 08:54:12 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 09:27:59 PM by TheButterZone

Of course the criminal "seller" isn't; they shipped an empty box, and you said only taking video of its opening would result in the "seller" losing the dispute, then attempted to revise history by saying that's not the only proof you needed. You are effectively being a criminal yourself by denying the victim his refund, despite the only evidence against the "seller" that you originally said needed to be shown.

Even if your revisionist history wasn't, the "seller" used USPS flat rate, to 1) hide proof of empty box weight 2) use USPIS's de facto refusal to take/investigate/document whatsoever mail fraud cases (from personal experience) to get away with it. Even if victims could bribe USPIS to actually do their bloody jobs, would you just come up with another ex post facto requirement of proof, like fingerprints, DNA sample, fMRI, polygraph, notarized accounting of all bank statements for the past 10 years...

"Cannot determine" my ass, more like "we at bitmit are forever moving the goalpost into unobtainia in order to keep your coins".

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Of course the criminal "seller" isn't; they shipped an empty box, and you said only taking video of its opening would result in the "seller" losing the dispute, then attempted to revise history by saying that's not the only proof you needed. You are effectively being a criminal yourself by denying the victim his refund, despite the only evidence against the "seller" that you originally said needed to be shown.

Even if your revisionist history wasn't, the "seller" used USPS flat rate, to 1) hide proof of empty box weight 2) use USPIS's de facto refusal to take/investigate/document whatsoever mail fraud cases (from personal experience) to get away with it. Even if victims could bribe USPIS to actually do their bloody jobs, would you just come up with another ex post facto requirement of proof, like fingerprints, DNA sample, fMRI, polygraph, notarized accounting of all bank statements for the past 10 years...

"Cannot determine" my ass, more like "we at bitmit are forever moving the goalpost into unobtainia in order to keep your coins".

Why do you have such negative rep here? O_o

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:25:45 PM

how does he have bad ratings? he only has 1 negative and its about some guy ranting
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 02:17:32 AM

Because I don't take scumbags' shit.

Just peeked at your sent trust ratings, you left one actual negative, and forgot to check the box for another one on BuyBTC4, so it ended up showing as positive? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=98672

Piss off enough/the right scumbags and you'll get a fuckton of negatives too, if you use the same nick almost everywhere.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
ReCat

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 04:31:52 AM

Because I don't take scumbags' shit.

Just peeked at your sent trust ratings, you left one actual negative, and forgot to check the box for another one on BuyBTC4, so it ended up showing as positive? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=98672

Piss off enough/the right scumbags and you'll get a fuckton of negatives too, if you use the same nick almost everywhere.

Ah. Makes sense I guess. I didn't really ever piss off people. I'm Mr passive. XD

Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
row5_seat47

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:25:57 AM

According to Bitcoin Forum its December 20, 2013, 12:25:57 AM

According to BitMit
"Bitmit is shutting down on 2013 December 20th. We will leave the site some more days online because some users still need access! Please complete your orders and withdraw your funds asap!"

Shocked
drewdtom

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

You can't stop the signal

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 08:08:58 AM

BitMit was one of the first Bitcoin sites I started getting involved with. I had no clue what this new currency I had was and no idea what to do with it but Bitmit was there for me and gave gave me a fun place to sell some silver and copper trinkets along other items. BitMit was very good to me.  Cry

Thank you all so much for a wonderful community experience and the opportunity to learn about bitcoin and the amazing world of possibilities is brings to us all!

What a ride it has been! Check out our Open Bazaar hosting offer at Agorist Hosting

I support Bitcoin Not Bombs!
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 05:53:09 PM

BitMit was one of the first Bitcoin sites I started getting involved with. I had no clue what this new currency I had was and no idea what to do with it but Bitmit was there for me and gave gave me a fun place to sell some silver and copper trinkets along other items. BitMit was very good to me.  Cry

Thank you all so much for a wonderful community experience and the opportunity to learn about bitcoin and the amazing world of possibilities is brings to us all!

Hear, hear!

I do also miss it allready, hasnt hit my small btc-businesses revenue too hard yet, but I cant help but wonder if I'd still see 25% more sales if bitmit were around. I do hope someone fills this void... and no please do not tell me about coingig, I tried it: customers are non existent, fees were higher and rose signifigantly after bitmit closed.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Global BTC

Activity: 529

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 07:18:21 PM

So, yeah, Bitmit actually refunded a couple of their inflated withdrawal fees. However, they refunded them to my Bitmit wallet, so when I withdraw the refund, I will have to pay the fee again...

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 07:27:33 PM

The fee has always been like that but if you have a very small btc amount in your btc wallet we can refund it to you.

Then please refund me the fees you have taken from me.
+1
refund for 7 transactions please.

Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 05:13:38 PM

Please be informed that we have an urgent Power Maintenance in our Datacenter Network.
I read all your posts. The next days I will fix the mentioned bugs and make the Bitmit listings more cleaner by canceling the items from sellers who were not on the site for about 4 weeks.

Wait. What ?

Was bitmit sold afterall ?

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
ReCat

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 06:29:09 PM

Sold to some stranger who has no established trust?

tosaki (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:04:51 AM

Please be informed that we have an urgent Power Maintenance in our Datacenter Network.
I read all your posts. The next days I will fix the mentioned bugs and make the Bitmit listings more cleaner by canceling the items from sellers who were not on the site for about 4 weeks.

Wait. What ?

No Bitmit is gone for good. Thats a 1year old quote but who is user "masterlogin"!?
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 11:34:20 AM

Wait. What ?

No Bitmit is gone for good. Thats a 1year old quote but who is user "masterlogin"!?

tosaki so after all of this youd rather close the site then allow me to buy it?
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:04:51 PM

@tosaki: This is strange... why don't you sell the site to interested parties?

Don't let BitMit go!
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 12:10:40 PM

Wait. What ?

tosaki so after all of this youd rather close the site then allow me to buy it?

tosaki sounds similar to satoshi!  Huh

tosaki (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:06:19 PM

@tosaki: This is strange... why don't you sell the site to interested parties?

Don't let BitMit go!

we may sell the script but not the whole site+domain itself but first i want to see all orders and withdraws completed. if there are any news I will post it here.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: