Bitcoin Forum
December 06, 2016, 04:19:53 PM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 131588 times)
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 09:35:27 PM

we have been here before. just auction bitmit on the front page of bitmit. the person who pays the most will be the person who believes he can get the most value out of it so it will then be relocated to its highest value application. this is how a market economy works. someone who believes they can pay $50,000 for bitmit and still make a profit is someone who has big plans, someone who has great ideas for how to take bitmit to great places. if that person is wrong than it will be sold again and again until someone buys it who isn't wrong.

please tosaki. do this right, it doesn't matter who runs it so long as the person who runs it proves that he believes that it is as valuable as we believe it is. please please please auction it off to the highest bidder.

to anyone else who is reading this, do what you can to communicate this message to tosaki.

I emailed Chan the owner but he has not responded. Lately he has been taking longer and longer to reply to my emails. I have been chatting with him lately over emails

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

¡ɥɔʇɐʍ ʇsnɾ &#7

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 10:03:15 PM

we have been here before. just auction bitmit on the front page of bitmit. the person who pays the most will be the person who believes he can get the most value out of it so it will then be relocated to its highest value application. this is how a market economy works. someone who believes they can pay $50,000 for bitmit and still make a profit is someone who has big plans, someone who has great ideas for how to take bitmit to great places. if that person is wrong than it will be sold again and again until someone buys it who isn't wrong.

please tosaki. do this right, it doesn't matter who runs it so long as the person who runs it proves that he believes that it is as valuable as we believe it is. please please please auction it off to the highest bidder.

to anyone else who is reading this, do what you can to communicate this message to tosaki.

I basically agree with you except for the part where bitmit holds more than the auction value in users' funds that the winner might just grab and run.

As much as I always bitched Tosaki about his secretive change of ownership of both the site and the "tosaki" account here on the forum I must admit my worries were unfounded if bitmit comes to a good end now. I hope that skeptical persons like me were not a big contributing factor to stop work on this great project.

I hope that some reputable player (coinbase, bitpay, …) publicly buys bitmit and not some shady "for obvious reasons we try to be anonymous" entity.

ReCat

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:13:07 PM

BitMit has spoiled me. If BitMit closes, I won't use another service until said service can provide:

(1) Built-In Escrow (no 3rd party)

(2) Instant Delivery for Digital Sales (Video Game Codes/Gifts/Keys, Gift Cards, etc)

(3) Easy Auction/Buy It Now posting features.

Please someone buy the site and run it!

That other one doesn't have an escrow? Fuck. I thought it did!

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
demonmaestro

Activity: 518

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 11:26:41 PM

I emailed Chan the owner but he has not responded. Lately he has been taking longer and longer to reply to my emails. I have been chatting with him lately over emails

I had emailed him also. I have all the resources to keep it up and running for a very long time. NEVER to be sold again.  Shocked Cool

A fun ShoutBox. http://shoutscloud.com | Feel Like Donating? 1E1tJhAHVLCyw58pN7jXSFMLMrK6cDhw8v
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 11:53:18 PM

I had emailed him also. I have all the resources to keep it up and running for a very long time. NEVER to be sold again.  Shocked Cool
Do you have any interested in a partnership? Rather then me and you bidding it out on a war?

Well seems to me bitmit has decided just to let their service burn for the next 4 weeks. I won an auction I while ago and i can not pay for it nor did i get an email saying I won. So it is just sitting there saying Winner Starsoccer but I cant go to an orderpage to pay as it does not exist.

demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:05:06 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully he will get back with us soon. As a WebMaster/SA all the downtime that the site has had is not good at all. 

A fun ShoutBox. http://shoutscloud.com | Feel Like Donating? 1E1tJhAHVLCyw58pN7jXSFMLMrK6cDhw8v
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 03:18:30 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully he will get back with us soon. As a WebMaster/SA all the downtime that the site has had is not good at all. 
Agreed, Downtime is rarely good.

I have sent you a pm in hopes we could talk and work some sorta agreement out

User705

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:49:44 AM

Not trying to be rude but if bitmit were to actually be available for sale it would likely attract quite a few bidders but the owner would have to reveal himself at least to the buyer to do the transfer.
demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:56:45 AM

Not trying to be rude but if bitmit were to actually be available for sale it would likely attract quite a few bidders but the owner would have to reveal himself at least to the buyer to do the transfer.

Not trying to be rude but Gee you think Huh  Cheesy

User705

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:03:17 AM

Sorry you just made it seem like you two are just going to pm each other and no one else would bother since you got it handled.   Wink  Anyways if one accepts the official version of needing a more professional manager the fact that the announcement is weirdly timed and now the non working site seem to only confirm that.
demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:07:52 AM

indeed is does seem to be odd however if they are looking at selling it. then i will be looking at doing what i can to keep the site online.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:02:38 AM

I basically agree with you except for the part where bitmit holds more than the auction value in users' funds that the winner might just grab and run.

As much as I always bitched Tosaki about his secretive change of ownership of both the site and the "tosaki" account here on the forum I must admit my worries were unfounded if bitmit comes to a good end now. I hope that skeptical persons like me were not a big contributing factor to stop work on this great project.

I hope that some reputable player (coinbase, bitpay, …) publicly buys bitmit and not some shady "for obvious reasons we try to be anonymous" entity.

it is HIGHLY unlikely that an auction would not raise more than bitmit was holding in user funds. basically it would just be factored into the bids. so if the market valued bitmit at 100 bitcoins without reserves of user funds than if it had 200 bitcoins in reserves of user funds than the market would pay ~ 300 bitcoins because who ever bought it would just get 200 of his bitcons back right away.

of course since it is technically possible it would probably be wise to put a reserve on the auction of atleast more than it was holding in reserves at the time.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited? Is there any process, procedure or ritual through which an immoral action can be legitimately transformed into a moral one with out changing the character of the action itself?
demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:14:38 AM

Well depending on how things go I would truly like to keep the org owner involved in the site.

favdesu

Activity: 882

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 06:19:24 AM

welp, I moved to coingig...

► Get Started in Bitcoin Marketing - bullshit filtered: Click Here
demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:28:06 AM

they dont even have a SSL. cert  Huh

favdesu

Activity: 882

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 06:30:57 AM

they dont even have a SSL. cert  Huh

they're "working" on it. it's not a big deal in my opinion, since you don't have access to any coins

► Get Started in Bitcoin Marketing - bullshit filtered: Click Here
demonmaestro

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:44:51 AM

still even so. loggin into any website should be SSL.

Bitalo_Martin

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 10:17:58 AM

Bitalo is working hard to replace bitmit.

In our marketplace we are trying to combine multiple bitcoin services including a marketplace for physical goods and services such as bitmit did.

The speciality is and major difference to all other sites is, that we also offer extremely secure multi signature wallets where users do not give up control over their bitcoins and neither the admins nor any hackers would have access to coins. Even buyer and seller can transfer the coins without our consent, as 2 out of 3 parties need to approve a transaction. We are only needed in case of a scam.

We are still facing some trouble with implementation and regulatory issues, but we are about to solve them as soon as possible.

You can take a look on Bitalo.com or at our beta page: beta.bitalo.com

PS: Bitalo is proud sponsor of london expo bitcoin conference and will introduce their innovative concept to the world:
http://bitcoinexpo.co.uk/

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 11:38:03 AM

You do not currently have an items market place tho just a regular exchange market place

Bitalo_Martin

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 12:00:07 PM

we are not open yet.

In particular the marketplace is still far away from being completed, and it would probably stat without auctions, as implementing a time-sensitive process is not such an easy thing.

But we did some good progress recently, the developers have all specs and the funding is secured.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.