tosaki I miss a word from you regarding the doubts in escrow dinogenes stated over and over. You as a service provider have to make clear how you will deal with escrow. If it is not 100% sure that in cases where there is no doubt I shipped the good, you will side with me, what would escrow be good for?
We refund buyers:
- If seller has not viewed the order
- If seller has not set the order status to shipped and does not respond within 48 hours after we have prompted him to reply
- If buyer requests automatic release and seller does not deny within 7 days
- If we have clear evidence or strongly assume that the seller acts fraudulent
We release bitcoins to the seller:
- If the tracking id says that the package were received and buyer disappears / does not reply anymore after a time frame of 48hours after we prompted him to reply
- If the seller requests automatic release and buyer does not deny within 7 days
- If we have clear evidence or strongly assume that the buyer is a scammer or acts fraudulent
We are always taking many other factors into account we don't want to make public. You can be sure that this process is not based on arbitrary decisions. Feedback of our users should have made this clear, too. If the dispute case is unclear and we really cannot identify who is in right we would not release the btcs to anyone of course but that's not our goal.
Best solution wins.Graphic: Create a nice "instant delivery" and "free shipping" icon - 0.3 BTC
- It should fit to the specific item page and to the item listing preview (e.g. https://www.bitmit.net/zh-cn/local
- File type: Vector svg type or gimp image so we are able to update the text to various translations
- Should fit to the current Bitmit style of courseCoding: Regular expression for bitcoin address - 0.3 BTC
We need a regular expression to be able to detect bitcoin addresses in messages and item listings. (So we are able to detect fraudulent activities which try to avoid the escrow system).