Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:42:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
Global BTC

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 09:57:31 AM

I'd also like to add that I'm overall very satisfied with Bitmit and the business opportunities it gives.

That being said, there's another thing nagging me. When an item is sold, a special "sold item page" is created, which can be accessed via the "Sell area". On every such page there is a field for sending messages to the customer. If this field is used, the message will not only be sent to the customer, it will also show up on the "sold item page". This is very good.

However, when the customer replies, the replies doesn't always show on the "sold item page". Sometimes they just end up in my messages. This is quite annoying, since there's no way to be sure of what message the customer is replying to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Global BTC

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 02:00:13 PM

Order number 2209 has been paid. The payment has 17 confirmations, but the order is still waiting for payment on Bitmit.

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 04:17:35 PM

I would request a feature be added that when user's place an order and are given a payment address that page indicates this is only good for 15 minutes.  After 15 minutes the order goes to canceled status automatically.

The issue is we trade in very low margin products.  I have some orders open/unpaid for 2 to 3 days.  Now lately BTC prices have been rising so we would actually be paid more than what the set the prices at (prices are in dollars and BTC price floats).   However in a falling BTC market we would be left either cancelling "paid" orders or forced to sell at a loss.

I think placing an order should be treated more like an unpaid shopping cart in most ecommerce stores.  Until user sends funds the order is just temporary.  15 minutes is more than enough for user to send 0-confirm funds.
I assume you are purposing this just for the buy it now option.

tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 04:47:41 PM

@Global BTC,

msg option: it will be improved with the next update.
unconfirmed payment: sorry, btc server had a hanger.

@TangibleCryptography, that sounds understandable. I guess I have to come up with an optional auto cancel option for that.
--

Thx for the motivating feedback. The last days I was very busy with coding the new update. I hope I get it ready within the next 48h. I redesigned A LOT (felt 50% Cheesy) of the code to make the whole system more stable, flexible and ready for the future. I only have to test the system a little bit anymore. However it is a very nice update that should boost your sales and makes Bitmit way more professional. What you can expect in detail will I tell you as soon it is online.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 01:14:28 AM

I got strange messages. Do I have to worry?

Today I got 6 messages from bitmit. Have I been scammed? The messages all linked to order 355 and raised hope I can cash out BTC that I finally received but my balance is -0.009 or so.
Hicup in the system?

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 06:54:05 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2012, 08:34:26 AM by tosaki

@gizmo, no do not worry. It was because of a little bug of the new system that had a problem with very old orders.

UPDATE

From now on users can buy multiple items at once on Bitmit - thanks to the shopping cart. Orders are separated by seller.

Shopping cart

New checkout
Checkout with same address for all orders

Bitmit remembers your shipping address. An option to manage your address comes with the next update.

Because it is not always necessary to submit a regular shipping address you have the option to enter an own text (useful for digital goods).

It is possible to put items from different sellers in the basket. In such a case your order will be separated. You can checkout with one address for all orders or you can set different shipping addresses for every single sub-order.

Checkout with different addresses for all orders (in this case the user has set a non regular shipping address for a digital good)

If you have items with mixed escrow options in your basket the order will also be separated.

The new default setting for all sellers is "Bundle shipping methods". This means that when you have set similar shipping options on your items your customer has to pay it only once because they are bundled on checkout.

For example, if you have 2 items with different shipping options in your basket the user can only choose the most expensive one for the specified country (AND the ones which are the same on both items).

I know it is not a perfect solution but so far it should fit your needs I think. More configurable shipping settings will come in future.

Redesigned order page

Your name and adress is shared on the order page (if you have entered one).

Besides of that that I did a lot of internal and minor improvements, for example notification mails are more expressive.

Please report bugs to my inbox or by mail (support at bitmit net)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 10:08:52 AM

ETA: "Please report bugs to my inbox or by mail (support at bitmit net)" derp, nm
Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 05:16:35 PM

Is there a way to retract given feedback? I've received some bum feedback, and I'd like to have a discussion with the buyers about solving any problems so they can retract their feedback.

As always, some customers behave quite odd. I sent off an order some time ago, in March. I give all customers the option to pay extra for registered shipping, but I also offer a free shipping option which is unregistered. The customer went with the free shipping option this time.

Now, since the items are shipped from China, they take a while to arrive. After about two weeks (normal shipping time), I contact the customer and ask him if he has received his item. He replies after a few days and says he hasn't received his order. He also says he will check with the postman and get back to me. I hear no more from him for a month.

A month later, he writes to me and says that he hasn't received his item. I reply the same day that I will make an inquiry with my supplier. I also explain that the item was sent unregistered, and that there's no way to track it. I make an inquiry with the supplier, and they check that the order was sent out as it was supposed to be. I know there can be very long delays when shipping from China, so I'm thinking the shipping just needs a little more time.

After two weeks, I message the customer and ask if he's received his order. No reply.

After another two weeks, I send another message and ask the same thing. This was yesterday evening.

Today I received negative feedback: "Item never arrived."

I really don't like this kind of behaviour - lack of communication and then negative feedback. I have offered the customer his coins back, or a reshipment. I'm guessing he won't even reply.

Well, you aint much of a saint yourself when it comes to misusing the rep system.

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 09:53:20 PM

Bug is fixed and i have just sent you a pm.
gyverlb

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 10:46:48 PM

Hi tosaki,

I left you a message about the account creation not working when the confirmation email is sent to a server using greylisting (your email system doesn't retry after a delivery failure), did you get it ? Any chance this problem will be fixed so I can create an account ?

P2pool tuning guide
Trade BTC for €/$ at bitcoin.de (referral), it's cheaper and faster (acts as escrow and lets the buyers do bank transfers).
Tip: 17bdPfKXXvr7zETKRkPG14dEjfgBt5k2dd
tgmarks
Donator

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 06:03:47 AM

You should create a wishlist for a members account.  So they can go through and add items to their wish list that they would like to buy but are waiting to for some reason.

barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 10:37:33 AM

You should create a wishlist for a members account.  So they can go through and add items to their wish list that they would like to buy but are waiting to for some reason.

I would love that would help to separate the real orders from the window shoppers.
Additionally, a person could put a Bitcoin deposit down, and Bitmit could hold it and show that it was deposited, as a sign that the person was really serious about buying the item they say they want.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
tgmarks
Donator

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 02:48:31 PM

I would like to see 5 icons from left to right:
(order paid)
(item shipped)
(item received)
(escrow released)  - maybe combined with the one above?  not sure if it is possible to mark item received and not release escrow
(feedback left)
(feedback received)

I like this, but think that item received and escrow released should be combined.  I also don't see the point for feedback received.  If they have left feedback it is there and posted, don't know why you would need to 'receive' it.

tgmarks
Donator

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 03:15:40 PM

I would like to see 5 icons from left to right:
(order paid)
(item shipped)
(item received)
(escrow released)  - maybe combined with the one above?  not sure if it is possible to mark item received and not release escrow
(feedback left)
(feedback received)

I like this, but think that item received and escrow released should be combined.  I also don't see the point for feedback received.  If they have left feedback it is there and posted, don't know why you would need to 'receive' it.

Feedback left is your feedback to buyer.
Feedback received is buyers feedback to you.

Maybe better term could be used but the larger point is to have 2 icons.  One for feedback you need to complete and one for feedback the buyer needs to complete (so you can bug them).
Ok, that makes sense.  I agree with that, but maybe just call it seller feedback and buyer feedback.

Global BTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 11:22:21 AM

Well, you aint much of a saint yourself when it comes to misusing the rep system.

How so? You gave me neutral feedback without contacting me first. You complained in the feedback you gave me about long delivery time and that the watch was damaged. I offered to send you a new watch or give you a refund, but you didn't want it.

The positive course of action would have been that you, upon receiving the scuffed watch, contacted me. I would have offered you a refund or a new watch, and you had hopefully been happy and able to give me positive feedback.

Buyers that give neutral or negative feedback without first trying to contact the seller to solve any problems aren't good buyers. Therefore, I also gave you neutral feedback.

Global BTC

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 11:29:53 AM

Order ID 2094 - Payment

There's something wrong with this payment. It's duplicated in my Bitmit wallet transaction history, and one of the instances is pending. The other instance is confirmed. It seems this error is blocking me from withdrawing the full amount from my wallet.

tgmarks
Donator

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:16:48 PM

Every page is loading up with a pop up asking for my server password and login. It works fine after I hit cancel though.

Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 06:22:12 PM

How so? You gave me neutral feedback without contacting me first. You complained in the feedback you gave me about long delivery time and that the watch was damaged. I offered to send you a new watch or give you a refund, but you didn't want it.

The positive course of action would have been that you, upon receiving the scuffed watch, contacted me. I would have offered you a refund or a new watch, and you had hopefully been happy and able to give me positive feedback.

Buyers that give neutral or negative feedback without first trying to contact the seller to solve any problems aren't good buyers. Therefore, I also gave you neutral feedback.

I did contact you about the damaged watch and you said I could get compensation. You did not offer me a refund or a new watch. I was not going to negotiate with you about compensation. Either you offer me something (which you just did now) or you dont.

You got the neutral feedback after our conversation, so please don't lie on a public forum.

You should get neutral rep alone on the fact that the watch was send in an envelope of paper...

But sure, I guess a refund is never to late.

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:44:02 PM

@GBTC, I fixed it. You should be able to pay out your coins again.

@tgmarks, that was only a temporary error, my fault.

@Tangible, it should be there in some seconds. Just took some time because I was updating the server.

New:
Pretty menu navigation

tgmarks
Donator

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 07:14:50 PM

@tgmarks, that was only a temporary error, my fault.

No worries, appreciate the quick response.

New:
Pretty menu navigation
I like this a lot.  Alphabetical and pop out. Big improvement.  Although, just a minor note, the 'collectible & rare goods' tab is cut in half.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: