Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:09:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmit - Bitcoin shopping mall - Bitcoin market place - Bitcoin auction house  (Read 142470 times)
drewdtom

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

You can't stop the signal

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 08:18:50 AM

Wish you well with the server move, sounds like it should get much faster.

A friend and I noticed a few missing items, hope they come back too!

What a ride it has been! Check out our Open Bazaar hosting offer at Agorist Hosting

I support Bitcoin Not Bombs!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tosaki (OP)

Activity: 401
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 04:58:04 PM

Wish you well with the server move, sounds like it should get much faster.

A friend and I noticed a few missing items, hope they come back too!

Yes dont worry, there was temp issue. I will have a very good server admin @my hand who will care about the new server and a stable Bitmit website. I am frustrated of the downtimes and lacking ontime too. Server migration will be done in about 3 days, but I also tweaked the old one go get a better performance until the migration is complete.

Once this is done we are going to expand and boost your sales with some nice marketing moves Smiley
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 06:30:10 AM

I just sold my first item on Bitmit. It had been listed for 2 months, and then when the market crashed from $95 to $75 today, I guess the buyer thought it would be a good time to take advantage of the "Bitcoins at the 24-hour average" rule, but whatever....

Anyways, I saw this on the seller page:

x Payment received (0 Bitcoin received)
Unconfirmed incoming transactions: 0.187 Bitcoin

To me this looks like he sent the coins, but they Tx has not had enough network confirmations to satisfy Bitmit. The thing is, it has said the same thing for many hours now, and I'm sure the payment must have been confirmed by now. My problem is that I already put the item in the mail & marked it shipped. Is there any way to tell what is happening with payments? I fear that I may have shipped the item before the buyer ever sent money to the Bitmit escrow.
kalinka

Activity: 106

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 07:00:15 AM

Since I just saw this thread... some things that I feel could be added to the service that eBay has which makes bitmit lacking in comparison:

1. "Watch" feature - being able to track the auctions which catch your eye and remembering them for later

2. "Best Offer" feature - being able to offer less than the asking price for "Buy it now"-style listings. The other person would be able to accept or decline said offers. (Sellers would be allowed to toggle best offers on or off when making a listing)

3. A better advanced search functionality. Possibly being able to search completed listings, as well as search by category and price, among other things.

All of these things I feel would attract buyers more.

tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 08:58:56 AM

Since I just saw this thread... some things that I feel could be added to the service that eBay has which makes bitmit lacking in comparison:

1. "Watch" feature - being able to track the auctions which catch your eye and remembering them for later

2. "Best Offer" feature - being able to offer less than the asking price for "Buy it now"-style listings. The other person would be able to accept or decline said offers. (Sellers would be allowed to toggle best offers on or off when making a listing)

3. A better advanced search functionality. Possibly being able to search completed listings, as well as search by category and price, among other things.

Good ideas. So far you can filter your search by price and search for sold items but not within the categories yet.

I just sold my first item on Bitmit. It had been listed for 2 months, and then when the market crashed from $95 to $75 today, I guess the buyer thought it would be a good time to take advantage of the "Bitcoins at the 24-hour average" rule, but whatever....

To me this looks like he sent the coins, but they Tx has not had enough network confirmations to satisfy Bitmit. The thing is, it has said the same thing for many hours now, and I'm sure the payment must have been confirmed by now. My problem is that I already put the item in the mail & marked it shipped. Is there any way to tell what is happening with payments? I fear that I may have shipped the item before the buyer ever sent money to the Bitmit escrow.

The transaction has not been confirmed yet. https://blockchain.info/zh-cn/address/1JH2EWutF5G45S6HLARWARB2UHtYUvSuKF

I remember a similar case some days ago which took about 1 day to get confirmed.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 02:04:14 PM

Good ideas. So far you can filter your search by price and search for sold items but not within the categories yet.

The transaction has not been confirmed yet. https://blockchain.info/zh-cn/address/1JH2EWutF5G45S6HLARWARB2UHtYUvSuKF

I remember a similar case some days ago which took about 1 day to get confirmed.

https://blockchain.info/en/tx/1a4d33a62d41fd935351f60ae8341ab671c7ca5bf946bd5a4e7fface53cd41c4
looks low priority doesn't it? With 0.000BTC fee no wonder it took so long. Bitmit should maybe make clear to both the shopper and the seller that the seller is not expected to deliver before the first confirmation. It is out of Bitmit's hands to make sure the money arrives and this particular shopper had all the time in the world to double spend. Not all sellers will be aware, particularly when they use bitmit to get hands on their first bitcoins ever which I find a good way to go.

Maybe the green "Payment received" should not appear before there are x confirmations. Make it some "Payment eventually on its way".

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
IveBeenBit

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 03:27:49 PM

Thanks for the reply. So I was indeed reading the site correctly - it's just that the Tx really was taking many hours to confirm. Like I said, I am new to this, so I now realize that I jumped the gun and put the item in the mail too soon.

On thing that's interesting though is how the buyer exploited the bitcoin price crash to effectively take a 20% discount before the "24 hour average" could respond to the market. In this case it didn't matter since the price recovered so quickly, but if this practice is widespread, I wonder if there's anything that can or should be done about it.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 04:14:15 PM

Thanks for the reply. So I was indeed reading the site correctly - it's just that the Tx really was taking many hours to confirm. Like I said, I am new to this, so I now realize that I jumped the gun and put the item in the mail too soon.

On thing that's interesting though is how the buyer exploited the bitcoin price crash to effectively take a 20% discount before the "24 hour average" could respond to the market. In this case it didn't matter since the price recovered so quickly, but if this practice is widespread, I wonder if there's anything that can or should be done about it.

Definitely! The Bitcoin price is the latest trade at the biggest exchange for me always. Nothing else. Everything else will be exploited with those low margin items like cash, gold or silver.
Problem is the latest trades happen many times per second so it's more convenient to poll some weighted average every some minutes than to guarantee to use the latest trade.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
IveBeenBit

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 04:33:55 PM

Definitely! The Bitcoin price is the latest trade at the biggest exchange for me always. Nothing else. Everything else will be exploited with those low margin items like cash, gold or silver.
Problem is the latest trades happen many times per second so it's more convenient to poll some weighted average every some minutes than to guarantee to use the latest trade.

I can see the benefit of using the 24 hour average for its stabilizing effect on the Bitcoin-denominated price of things. But we've had a couple of sudden crashes in the past couple weeks that open sellers up to this sort of exploitation. Maybe a custom algorithm that averages the 24-hour price, but weights recent prices more heavily? Maybe a few different algorithms that the seller can choose from?

I'm just throwing ideas out there. I do like Bitmit and will continue to use it when I have odds and ends that I want to sell. The last time I sold anything on ebay I was eaten alive in fees, had to deal with pay pal, etc etc etc.. It's just not worthwhile to sell on ebay.
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2013, 04:38:17 PM

Feature request: Items from (the zone I can have them shipped from without paying 24% VAT), in my case this would be the Eu. Im sure other regions with protectionistic customs duties could also benefit from this.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:07:32 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 12:00:58 PM by Welsh

Very good website overall, to some people the fees to send your Bitcoins to another wallet may be a little expensive. However it's a way the company makes money. It is my main Bitcoin income. Thanks for providing us with such a great service!

Edit: It's a shame that bitmit could not be continued.
geniusboy91

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 02:30:05 AM

I'm still not seeing the new ticket category showing up in the categories list on the left, and I do have a listing in that category.
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2013, 04:30:21 PM

I'm still not seeing the new ticket category showing up in the categories list on the left, and I do have a listing in that category.

I swear I have seen it recently. I will investigate why it disappeared again. So sorry!

Feature request: Items from (the zone I can have them shipped from without paying 24% VAT), in my case this would be the Eu. Im sure other regions with protectionistic customs duties could also benefit from this.

Your wish is my command. Check out the country dropdown on the top right of the site.

Update:
- Item pagination on user page
- Added European Union to country/region filter

New Geo targeting features:
- Privacy settings for geo targeting
- Distance search filter (currently only available for registered users)
hiima

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 08:13:13 AM

Could you add a possible way to delete old unpaid orders?

Whiskey Fund BTC 1K2SG4amzNrB7gUwf5braHuExqnQ5nEKZp LTC Lgoz9gb7q39FMAmBz8odfkx4YFhLeofCpc
Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 08:16:12 AM

Your wish is my command. Check out the country dropdown on the top right of the site.

Update:

Sadly the Eu selection shows items shipping from the Us, so something is wrong or you misunderstood my point. Which is the 24% VAT I get slapped with at customs.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 09:45:53 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2013, 12:38:15 PM by tosaki

Update:

Sadly the Eu selection shows items shipping from the Us, so something is wrong or you misunderstood my point. Which is the 24% VAT I get slapped with at customs.

Whoops, the filter was not active in the search queries. Can you please check again and confirm?

Could you add a possible way to delete old unpaid orders?

Is it that you want to remove unpaid orders from your sell list? Do you know that you can cancel orders and they will disappear from the incompleted order list ?!

Maybe the green "Payment received" should not appear before there are x confirmations. Make it some "Payment eventually on its way".
It is already like that (=

Update:
- No more adult content for unregistered users
- Bestseller tab is localized to the chosen Bitmit version and the timeframe was reduced so it shows the bestesllers of the last 60 days now
- Auctions: Bid steps are equivalent to 1 USD now
- Auction: Deadbeat bidder cannot bid when they have not paid their recent orders
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2013, 11:56:26 AM

is Anokyewaa the the same users as
https://www.bitmit.net/en/user/Radical
https://www.bitmit.net/en/user/PanAfrikan

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 12:38:56 AM

Why? Too much load to the server having smaller increments?

ɃɃ
geniusboy91

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:28:48 AM

I don't particularly like this as a rule. If someone is selling a virtual good in the $0.50 range, that makes another bid very unlikely.
Similarly, if selling something very expensive, $1 is meaningless. If you're going to have a bid step, I think it should be a percentage of the current price.

Perhaps no bid step at all, but I'm not sure how I feel about that option to be honest. I'd like to hear the opinions of others on this option.
tosaki (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 01:20:58 PM

https://www.bitmit.net/en/shop/c/29-tickets Smiley

I don't particularly like this as a rule. If someone is selling a virtual good in the $0.50 range, that makes another bid very unlikely.
Similarly, if selling something very expensive, $1 is meaningless. If you're going to have a bid step, I think it should be a percentage of the current price.

Perhaps no bid step at all, but I'm not sure how I feel about that option to be honest. I'd like to hear the opinions of others on this option.

OKay I would like to hear your thoughts too. I reduced it to .5 meanwhile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: