Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:36:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto!  (Read 3167 times)
Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:24:36 AM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coingram

Activity: 295
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:28:50 AM

Wow, really?) The future is just behind us, soon we will be able to pay for even bread or carwash by crypto, easy, privatly. I heard about that some places started accepting crypto, but Starbucks is huge!
rahutomo

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:31:16 AM

the news is very encouraging ..
I can sit down while enjoying coffee and seeing the scenery around, without having to carry a small buck in the pocket.
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:36:31 AM

it's really real and it's been proven to buy a cup of coffee with ETH it's to a very extraordinary masters but in my country there is nothing like it in starbucks

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Donggou

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:45:30 AM

More and more large group companies are now entering the crypto market,This is a very encouraging news for the entire industry.Companies like Starbucks have many operating points around the world. Their joining is considered to provide the greatest help for crypto because they have a large customer base. I will pay attention to such news. thank you for your sharing.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:56:24 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (1)

Forgive me but I fail to see how this promotes the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
What Zeex does, if I understand it correctly, is help you convert your coins into a gift card,
which you can then use to buy coffee. It's more or less the same as converting your coins into fiat money
in order to buy coffee. If Starbucks really wanted to help promoting crypto, it could accept direct payments in crypto.
Earlier this years one of the Starbucks' CEOs said that he didn't  believe in Bitcoin.
That's enough of a hint to me as to what their position is.
onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:08:25 AM

This is not news we have heard for years, do I have the wrong thing? I remember Starbucks had said that he would accept payment for almost a year with a long-lasting crypto.
It is a good thing that such global companies support crypto currencies Smiley

Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:11:06 AM

Forgive me but I fail to see how this promotes the mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
What Zeex does, if I understand it correctly, is help you convert your coins into a gift card,
which you can then use to buy coffee. It's more or less the same as converting your coins into fiat money
in order to buy coffee. If Starbucks really wanted to help promoting crypto, it could accept direct payments in crypto.
Earlier this years one of the Starbucks' CEOs said that he didn't  believe in Bitcoin.
That's enough of a hint to me as to what their position is.

So your point would be not to use crypto at all? This is a solution for not having to convert back to fiat and not having to pay fees.

So as a personal example as a UK crypto holder I would have to convert my eth back to fiat using Coinbase with the fees and time it entails and then wait for it to clear in my bank account before buying my coffee at Starbucks.

Or I could do as the guy in the video did, walk into Starbucks buy a gift token with eth or zix using the app and be out there in minutes with my coffee.  Smiley

I don't see this as the be all and end all of mass adoption but it is a step in the right direction.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:12:19 AM

This is not news we have heard for years, do I have the wrong thing? I remember Starbucks had said that he would accept payment for almost a year with a long-lasting crypto.
It is a good thing that such global companies support crypto currencies Smiley

Hey check out the video and you will see the app in action

Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:12:22 AM

Yes, the Starbucks coffee chain really started taking bitcoins. The algorithm is simple: you enter the amount in dollars on the project website and your email. Than you pay the requested amount with bitcoins and receive a special bar code on the email. Next you do an order at Starbucks and show the received barcode on the checkout. Surrender automatically returns back to the bitcoin-wallet. In fact, you can crank the whole scheme with a mobile phone while you're standing in line.
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:15:26 AM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

Interestingly, for the implementation of the project it was only necessary to link the existing system of virtual gift cards to Starbucks with the reception of bitcoins of payments on the site. All ingenious is simple.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:15:55 AM

Yes, the Starbucks coffee chain really started taking bitcoins. The algorithm is simple: you enter the amount in dollars on the project website and your email. Than you pay the requested amount with bitcoins and receive a special bar code on the email. Next you do an order at Starbucks and show the received barcode on the checkout. Surrender automatically returns back to the bitcoin-wallet. In fact, you can crank the whole scheme with a mobile phone while you're standing in line.

This is a bit different as you are using the Zeex App to buy gift cards using crypto. They are not limited to Starbucks though they have hundreds of other big name brands such as Amazon, Xbox, Adidas etc available as well.

https://www.zeex.me/
s.Zavgorod

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:18:17 AM

It is high time, I thought they will be among the first to start accepting cryptocurrency. But alas, killfish ahead of them in this regard and seems to have a few years of accepting cryptocurrency.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
DogmaF10

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:20:08 AM

what a news, i cant wait especially for the apps. Lets hope it wont just apply in starbucks on the US only. But im pretty sure they will release it for every starbucks around the world, evenless in a country with a large cryptocurrency community. Blockchain now will go spread all around the world guys
Shadovka

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:22:48 AM

This is something interesting and i believe it will benefit crypto in many ways, additionally Starbucks is such a big giant corporation in the world with them joining the crypto crowd also crypto definitely have a bright future. 

Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:23:55 AM

what a news, i cant wait especially for the apps. Lets hope it wont just apply in starbucks on the US only. But im pretty sure they will release it for every starbucks around the world, evenless in a country with a large cryptocurrency community. Blockchain now will go spread all around the world guys

Yes it will be worldwide but it's not just Starbucks tons of other brands as well

Check out their site

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:24:21 AM

I think it's silly that people get excited because 'Starbucks is accepting Crypto'?
Who cares? The potential of crypto is far beyond buying coffee, and the future and big money won't be coming from people buying coffee!
There are very interesting blockchain-based projects, that might actually change global industries entirely.
Either crypto succeeds and is adopted everywhere, not one 'brandname' at a time, or it fails.

There's already been cases of companies adopting crypto payments, bitcoin payments specifically, and then removing it.
This is just marketing for Starbucks to a surge of customers.
Adopt crypto, and then every crypto holder suddenly needs a cup of coffee..

Yes it will be worldwide but it's not just Starbucks tons of other brands as well

Check out their site

Buying gift cards with crypto? I honestly fail to see the importance of this.
If all that came from crypto is an alternative payment method, then we failed with one of the greatest technological inventions.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:25:31 AM

This is something interesting and i believe it will benefit crypto in many ways, additionally Starbucks is such a big giant corporation in the world with them joining the crypto crowd also crypto definitely have a bright future. 

There are plenty of other brands to choose from once the Zeex Protocol goes live  https://www.zeex.me/
SvetikB

Activity: 504
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:25:39 AM

That is good news. hope that it will work in the whole brand chain, i mean in all countries where starbuck exists. but the way of payment actually is not the best. hashcard offers more comfortable way

fransupran

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:27:40 AM

That's a good thing, and is a support for crypto. It can make it easier to pay. Hopefully crypto better
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: