Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks is accepting Crypto!  (Read 3168 times)
jin_dv

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:40:53 PM

Starbucks is always willing to implement and use advanced payment technologies. To date, about a third of all transactions in the US are carried out through a mobile application. If the company's plans are successfully implemented, it will be a big step to increase confidence in cryptocurrencies and their use in everyday life.
Mia-

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:09:43 PM

Is it true? if yes I will every day there as a regular customer, learning and brewing coffee there is great fun
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:38:41 PM

If this is true then I’m amazed of how the crypto has progressed. Im sure there are a lot of customers even those who are not into cryptocurrencies would support it.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
CFXAY

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:13:08 AM

This is cool, which means that the cryptocurrency is slowly expanding. When it can be consumed in any store in the world, we win.
valheru

Activity: 487
Merit: 115

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:59:18 AM

I am pleased to see such improvements like this Smiley I believe that, most companies will use bitcoin technology soon.

R.R.L.
Howard Roark (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:09:57 PM

it's really real and it's been proven to buy a cup of coffee with ETH it's to a very extraordinary masters but in my country there is nothing like it in starbucks
I do not think buy a cup of coffee with ETH. Because if we buy a cup of coffee we will have to transfer ETH to Starbucks' wallet. And at the expense of transferring money, I think we would lose a lot of money if we drink coffee every day

You should read the initial post again. You would use the Zeex app to buy your coffee and also a wide range of other brands. There are no fees and you won't be changing your crypto to fiat.

https://www.zeex.me/
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:12:51 PM

although it is a good news for cryptocurrency user, I think I won't try this because it still better if I use fiat to buy a coffee in the Starbucks and besides that, I think I will buy in the other coffee shop because, for me, Starbucks is expensive and compare with the other coffee shop, I think the taste is the same with Starbucks. I think if there a big mall that accepting cryptocurrency as their payment, then it will be good enough for us so we can buy our daily needs using cryptocurrency for the payment.

Well coffee at Starbucks was just the example for the YouTube video, Zeex have at least another 350 big brand options that you will be able to use to buy products or services with crypto.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:16:49 PM

Here it is already very cool news. And they take only in the US? Or can it be done all over the world? Because I think that it will be very cool news for the course to develop very strongly. This will be very good news.

It will depend on the gift card some will be Worldwide, Zeex aims to go global it already has a partnership with a Russian gift card supplier as well as with its sister company Zeex that is more geared towards the European and US markets. Zeex aims to go Worldwide so any gift card supplier can use the Zeex Protocol to showcase their gift cards and sell them for crypto.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:18:49 PM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s

it is pitty that we do not ahve starbucks in our country =)  i would love to just test option to pay in crypto for something real

Starbucks was just the example used in the video. Zeex aims to be a global force and expects gift card suppliers from all over the globe to partner up.
kskwerl

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:30:44 PM

Howard Shultz, the head of the Starbucks network, said that the company's new financial strategy calls for the use of blocking and digital currency technologies for settlements and, thus, "to expand relations with customers." Schultz explained that Starbucks does not develop its own digital currency and will not invest in block-blockchain or other crypto-currencies
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 03:33:27 AM

I hope it is readily available in all Starbucks Store worldwide so I can use it in a daily basis. I can't wait to use cryptocurrency in a way that I don't need to exchange my cryptocurrency to fiat currency.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2254
Merit: 787

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:54:07 AM

News like these might seem petty and some other investors/people might take it for granted but this gives cryptocurrency a huge boost to the market in terms of being accepted legally. If cryptocurrencies have been accepted as an alternative payment for purchasing Starbucks products, then this would imply that another large business industry might accept crypto as an alternative payment also. Everyone knows how big Starbucks is (despite their coffee being overrated and bad- opinion) and being able to accept crypto as an alternative payment would attract more business to do the same move.

The only problem that might come is the transaction speed under the blockchain technology. If we are going to use bitcoin as a payment, this would require a relatively long amount of time in order for the coins to be recognized under the said platform. Other than that, this move entails that cryptocurrencies can actually be utilized soon among transactions over these businesses.

Here it is already very cool news. And they take only in the US? Or can it be done all over the world? Because I think that it will be very cool news for the course to develop very strongly. This will be very good news.

It will depend on the gift card some will be Worldwide, Zeex aims to go global it already has a partnership with a Russian gift card supplier as well as with its sister company Zeex that is more geared towards the European and US markets. Zeex aims to go Worldwide so any gift card supplier can use the Zeex Protocol to showcase their gift cards and sell them for crypto.

It will also depend on the status of cryptocurrencies among countries as some prohibit its utilization. If a hegemonic country (like the US) would accept it as a payment, then expect the market to grow and price increase in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
sircy

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:57:36 AM

good riddance if indeed it's true. but it seems in particular countries only and not in all countries. but at least this is quite helpful for crypto to the more acceptable in society and can also make crypto increasingly represents the value. Hopefully, it will be a lot more deals again can be used with various crypto anywhere and in any case.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
setyanis

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 02:57:53 AM

his is a very good and interesting info, when crypto is getting known to the public then the development of crypto world will be very fast. Blessed are you who know crypto before crypto can be famous.
Howard Roark (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:05:50 AM

News like these might seem petty and some other investors/people might take it for granted but this gives cryptocurrency a huge boost to the market in terms of being accepted legally. If cryptocurrencies have been accepted as an alternative payment for purchasing Starbucks products, then this would imply that another large business industry might accept crypto as an alternative payment also. Everyone knows how big Starbucks is (despite their coffee being overrated and bad- opinion) and being able to accept crypto as an alternative payment would attract more business to do the same move.

The only problem that might come is the transaction speed under the blockchain technology. If we are going to use bitcoin as a payment, this would require a relatively long amount of time in order for the coins to be recognized under the said platform. Other than that, this move entails that cryptocurrencies can actually be utilized soon among transactions over these businesses.

It will also depend on the status of cryptocurrencies among countries as some prohibit its utilization. If a hegemonic country (like the US) would accept it as a payment, then expect the market to grow and price increase in the future.

Hi good question regarding transaction speed, here's why it won't be an issue:

Even in very large scales, we're not going to meet the tps limit.

Let's take a very big scale for example: say a billion dollars worth of gift cards are going to be sold in the next year.
Thats:
•10,000,000 gift cards – $100 avg card (although we expect the average transaction to be much higher than $100)
•10M transaction in a year
•That's 3.3 tps

Also another thing to remember: If a user bought a $100 Starbucks card and used it everyday to buy coffee for a month, only the first transaction (buying the GC) is on the blockchain.
Juxiaolong

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:15:25 AM

I don't think it's possible to use it worldwide. In some countries, cryptocurrency is forbidden. Starbucks in those countries can't accept cryptocurrencies or they may face penalties. I think this is just a few starbucks is trying to receive cryptocurrency.
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:26:04 AM

Starbucks is accepting crypto-currencies...well sort of anyway, let me elaborate.

At the end of June, there will be a token sale for Zeex which is a platform for gift card suppliers to sell their cards for crypto and us crypto holders to finally get the chance to exchange our crypto for products and services without having to convert to fiat or pay fees. Using the Zeex App you will be able to buy gift cards from big name retailers such as Amazon, Xbox and yes, Starbucks in exchange for crypto with 3 taps of the app.

We've heard many of these new Blockchain startups make lofty claims before but they are often short on delivery not so with Zeex.

They already have partnerships with Zeek their Sister company that will provide them with access to over 350 big name brands. Recently they had another partnership with Russian gift card supplier Giftery and there are more in the pipeline.

But what is really impressive is that they will have the app ready to use shortly after the end of the token sale.

If you check out the video below you can actually see the app in action in a Starbucks coffee shop in New York..be prepared to be amazed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnBEor6440&t=1s
It would be more interesting for me if we can use our crypto to buy directly at Starbucks, instead of buying the gift cards to be exchanged in Starbucks. At some point, it feels to me that the gift cards are also crypto, lol.
But at a brighter side, this could really help to improve the uses of crypto and make it usable in our daily lives.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:27:42 AM

I thought it was starbucks that had already accepted crypto as payment method but it's the guy in the video who used the app to convert eth into gift card. But anyway, thanks for the info.
fortelen

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:55:44 AM

If Starbuck starts accepting crypto as their payment systems, it will be more interesting. We can find out Starbucks everywhere in most countries in the world. It means that the payment system may be gathered and systematical using the blockchain technology. But, I'm still confused how they manage it. Overall, this is very promising to see this big industry accepts crypto.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
ozols

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:58:48 AM

This is a very good news for this market, as it will become even more popular and more people will begin to use crypto coins, and even more so such a big company will make its contribution to this market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: