Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:39:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 10:21:04 AM

Someone with knowledge, please give us a comparison:

Darkcoin vs. Anoncoin

in regards to
- security
- level of anonymity
- dangers
- protocoll features
- client features

Try this on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5241291#msg5241291

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 10:23:33 AM

Ok, so we had some great entries for the 2-5 sentence layman's explanation of DarkSend. In the end I went with TanteStefana's submission, since it's pitched at newbies, is to the point & concise:

DarkSend is an integrated technology inside DarkCoin that protects privacy by pooling like-sized payments and by hiding who paid whom.   This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods that are used to break privacy by making them too difficult and expensive to pursue.  The developers of DarkCoin and DarkSend believe they offer users the best possible privacy protection available to any crypto-currency.

TanteStefana, PM me your darkcoin wallet address and I'll send the bounty through!

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
tabnk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:27:43 AM

Move on to other coin to mine.

Only if 0.009 BTC than is profitable otherwise no reason to mine (labour work) free for other to buy cheap

The coin's price cannot increase if coinmine.pl still more than 50%.
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:35:02 AM

Ok, so we had some great entries for the 2-5 sentence layman's explanation of DarkSend. In the end I went with TanteStefana's submission, since it's pitched at newbies, is to the point & concise:

DarkSend is an integrated technology inside DarkCoin that protects privacy by pooling like-sized payments and by hiding who paid whom.   This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods that are used to break privacy by making them too difficult and expensive to pursue.  The developers of DarkCoin and DarkSend believe they offer users the best possible privacy protection available to any crypto-currency.

TanteStefana, PM me your darkcoin wallet address and I'll send the bounty through!

imho-
1. by hiding who paid whom.  => by hiding the transaction details (i.e. who paid whom)
2. This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods  => This dissolves the blockchain's transparency and pattern-seeking detection methods
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:49:55 AM

DarkSend is an integrated technology inside DarkCoin that protects privacy by pooling like-sized payments and by hiding who paid whom.   This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods that are used to break privacy by making them too difficult and expensive to pursue.  The developers of DarkCoin and DarkSend believe they offer users the best possible privacy protection available to any crypto-currency.

imho-
1. by hiding who paid whom.  => by hiding the transaction details (i.e. who paid whom)
2. This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods  => This dissolves the blockchain's transparency and pattern-seeking detection methods

And also:

DarkSend is an integrated technology inside DarkCoin that protects privacy…
=>
DarkSend is a technology integrated into DarkCoin that protects your privacy…

using "integrated" and "inside" sounds clumsy is superfluous

Incidentally can we not get a bit more concensus before awarding these bounties? How many people judged the entries? Was there an official closing date posted?

I dont mind TanteStefana getting the 40 DRK per se, I just think we could maybe do better…??

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:58:38 AM

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?[/center]

Hi CHAOSiTEC,

Could you pls explain how the draw is made and the winner chosen? Do all workers have the same chance regardless of hashrates?
Also, what is the minimum amount of mining time required to be eligible for the draw?

Cheers

Each user, not miner, gets 1 lottery ticket per day mining, after mining for 1 week, you would have 7 tickets.

each time, i generate a list with the usernames listed x number of times ( = number of lottery tickets) then i use random.org's list randomizer,
and random.org's integer generator, to select the winner :-)

Thanks for the reply.

I wonder if you might livestream the draw every week for a) transparency and b) drama!

I was on lotterymining b4 but began to suspect my chances of winning would rise if my bitcointalk handle matched my lotterymining username (which it does not). I wondered if an anonymous user would win at all!

So…

Q1. would you consider streaming to draw for all to see?
Q2. Max 7 tickets per user per draw?? thanks

Q2 first, Yep nobody gets any edge, besides miners with names i have never seen, have also won, your welcome to scan all posts by me because i have posted the winners each time.

Q1 - this one is a though one, because of my work i am unable to do so, unless i change the draw to 1. every month.

(i work on a boat with limit bandwidth, but im also thinking about building a script to do the drawing for me, maybe that could be considered the same, if done with ... wait for it... suspence :-p

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
child_harold

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:03:54 AM

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?[/center]

Hi CHAOSiTEC,

Could you pls explain how the draw is made and the winner chosen? Do all workers have the same chance regardless of hashrates?
Also, what is the minimum amount of mining time required to be eligible for the draw?

Cheers

Each user, not miner, gets 1 lottery ticket per day mining, after mining for 1 week, you would have 7 tickets.

each time, i generate a list with the usernames listed x number of times ( = number of lottery tickets) then i use random.org's list randomizer,
and random.org's integer generator, to select the winner :-)

Thanks for the reply.

I wonder if you might livestream the draw every week for a) transparency and b) drama!

I was on lotterymining b4 but began to suspect my chances of winning would rise if my bitcointalk handle matched my lotterymining username (which it does not). I wondered if an anonymous user would win at all!

So…

Q1. would you consider streaming to draw for all to see?
Q2. Max 7 tickets per user per draw?? thanks

Q2 first, Yep nobody gets any edge, besides miners with names i have never seen, have also won, your welcome to scan all posts by me because i have posted the winners each time.

Q1 - this one is a though one, because of my work i am unable to do so, unless i change the draw to 1. every month.

(i work on a boat with limit bandwidth, but im also thinking about building a script to do the drawing for me, maybe that could be considered the same, if done with ... wait for it... suspence :-p

Im sure somebody can come up with a creative solution to circumnavigate your boating bandwidth issues. I'd be surprised if you couldn't… you're a pool operator after all Wink
thanks for the reply

LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 11:04:05 AM

DarkSend is an integrated technology inside DarkCoin that protects privacy by pooling like-sized payments and by hiding who paid whom.   This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods that are used to break privacy by making them too difficult and expensive to pursue.  The developers of DarkCoin and DarkSend believe they offer users the best possible privacy protection available to any crypto-currency.

imho-

And also:

=>

Incidentally can we not get a bit more concensus before awarding these bounties? How many people judged the entries? Was there an official closing date posted?

I dont mind TanteStefana getting the 40 DRK per se, I just think we could maybe do better…??

Depends on the bounty. Some of them I decide, some of them the dev team decides, some the community will decide on. Generally each is marked as such. It's difficult to put bounties to vote because money is on the line, and psudonymous voting can be gamed.

This one was more of a fun bounty, hence the low amount. I'm not going to enter into debate about the decisions though, let's just congratulate the winners and move onto the next target.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1162

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:08:08 AM

Darkcoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Darkcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

XwMJKu5JPpqzHgrXpkb91baGufPrNtuhUT

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:11:16 AM

imho-

You can give him the bounty, but....I'm in an elevator and this layman wants to know what all the fuss is about with this popular darkcoin......I would not be pulling out a piece of paper that says all the above.

I would say: It's cash over the internet that can't be linked to who you are making all your transactions private.

or words to that effect.

EDIT: for the one liner: Cash For The Internet
child_harold

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:19:12 AM

imho-

And also:

=>

Incidentally can we not get a bit more consensus before awarding these bounties? How many people judged the entries? Was there an official closing date posted?

Depends on the bounty. Some of them I decide, some of them the dev team decides, some the community will decide on. Generally each is marked as such. It's difficult to put bounties to vote because money is on the line, and psudonymous voting can be gamed.

This one was more of a fun bounty, hence the low amount. I'm not going to enter into debate about the decisions though, let's just congratulate the winners and move onto the next target.

seriously? that's your reply…?

I'll be blunt… IMO the submission is not good enough to be used for press and public, regardless how low or "fun" the bounty. 40 DRK was around $100 not long ago and will be much more soon. If TanteStefana's submission wont be used in PR what's the point of the bounty in the first place?

This is a bounty which should have been decided by consensus. Evan should have signed off on it at least.

Congrats TanteStefana - nothing personal. Pls consider using the edits submitted.

Cheers

LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 11:24:33 AM

Another bounty has been claimed:

* Comprehensive media mailing list

I'm not going to publish the actual contact details for obvious reasons, but here's the list of groups on it. Feel free to suggest any that are missing:

TechCrunch
The Guardian
The Telegraph
Wall Street Journal
MarketWatch
Gizmodo
International Business Times UK
Wired.co.uk
Entrepreneur.com
ZDNet
GigaOM
PCMag
Coindesk
Dealbreaker
Mashable
CNET
Seattle News
Technology Zimbabwe
PC World
Fast Company
The Enquirer
The Next Web
SiliconANGLE
Newfination
The Verge
BBC
Uproxx
CBC.ca
City AM
Invezz
ARS Technica
Mining.com
TIME
BBC Click Online
BBC Technology
Dow Jones
Tech.eu and Next Web
FT
The Register
BBC
CNN/Fortune
Wired
Wired
Newsweek
Marketing Week

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:37:05 AM

Another bounty has been claimed:

* Comprehensive media mailing list

I'm not going to publish the actual contact details for obvious reasons, but here's the list of groups on it. Feel free to suggest any that are missing:

I don't want to sound too 'commercial', but perhaps we can post for all cryptos out there, that we make this list available for anyone paying X BTC.
This can help us fund other marketing activities, like the logo, website, etc.
Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Move on to other coin to mine.

Only if 0.009 BTC than is profitable otherwise no reason to mine (labour work) free for other to buy cheap

The coin's price cannot increase if coinmine.pl still more than 50%.

Don't know how you come to that conclusion?

I have 1320 MH/s for X11 and I made exactly 2.77862 DRK in the last 36 hrs 23 mins at P2P pool. This leads me to 1,8 DRK a day. 1.8*$0.71 = $1.278

Now for scrypt I have 410 kH/s which leads me to $1.20 for Doge a day and $1.29 a day for Scrypt Multipool.

Then you have to take into consideration that the X11 algorithm takes 30% less power. I guess that eliminates the $0.012 difference, my friend.

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
IronGenius

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:41:02 AM

Hi guys... I'm new to DarkCoin (moved from Vertcoin!) and would like to start mining. Anyone got config for R9 280X?

Is the new sgminer (4.1.153) compatible with DRK or I need to get 4.1.0?
Thanks in advance!  Wink
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:55:40 AM

Hi guys... I'm new to DarkCoin (moved from Vertcoin!) and would like to start mining. Anyone got config for R9 280X?

Thanks in advance!  Wink

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/published.do?rid=12cbm2fe8ce55abb2476daa0f8c576b442d40&mode=html
Standhaft

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:57:04 AM

Thanks in advance!  Wink

You have to get a specific SGminer that is linked in the first post of the thread. Then for the parameters, start out with the scrypt or vertcoin parameters you used and maybe increase the intensity if it's not at 20 already. Or you can start from scratch Tongue

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
IronGenius

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:08:42 PM

Thank you, guys. I'll try out the settings in the link posted by coins101.  Smiley

However I could not find a link to a specific SGminer on the first page, except for a standalone CPU miner. Any website I could possibly download a windows binary? Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere in the thread, but going over 500+ pages is really daunting.  Grin
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 12:14:54 PM

Thank you, guys. I'll try out the settings in the link posted by coins101.  Smiley

However I could not find a link to a specific SGminer on the first page, except for a standalone CPU miner. Any website I could possibly download a windows binary? Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere in the thread, but going over 500+ pages is really daunting.  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0;all

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
AD_Infinitum

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:36:48 PM

Coinmine has 54% of network hashpower! Spread the hashpower!

http://www.drkpool.com/
http://lotterymining.com
http://dark.hashrapid.com
http://cpu-pool.net/drk/
http://drk.plasr.com/
http://Dark.SuchPool.pw
http://www.nimuecrypto.com/dark-pool
http://drk.yobapool.net/
http://benchdarkpool.myvnc.com/darkcoin/public/index.php
http://drk.justmine.us
http://darkcoin.miningpoolhub.com/
http://www.nimuecrypto.com/dark-pool
http://darckcoin.mine.nu/  (p2p)
http://darkcoin.boundarytesters.com/ (p2p)
Pages: « 1 ... 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: