Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:25:03 PM

I cannot understand why 200mh+ are considered here as whale ?!?!? It is normally to have something about 100mh Scrypt and 300mh X11 respectively... This guy with 1Gh in coinmine looking like those with 300mh on wemineltc and they can belong also to one person though...

A whale is relative to the pool and nethash size... DRK only has 8-15GH, so 200-300MH is a lot at the moment. When all the GPU miners migrate over nethash is almost guaranteed to increase hugely though.

That's when everyone will be mining 0.1 DRK per day and they will be like 'wow' I can get one coin a week. This is great. Of course 1 DRK will be worth $1,200 so it probably will be a good weeks mining.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:27:39 PM

Anyone tried mining with a 7990? Any good? I have one used for CAD work, but at night.......
I have four 7990:s hashing.

Mine are doing around 2200Khs per core / 8800-9000Khs / card.

Cool

What miner and config do you use? With scrypt mine liked -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 with cgminer 3.7.2
Fermin

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:29:44 PM

P.S. Wanna buy a pizza with DRK? Tongue

Is that a Greek Pizza with olives on?

I'll take two. Is 10,000 DRK ok?

Guys for 10k coins I`ll make pizza in Italy and deliver you in 10  hours if you live in USA Cheesy hehe We`ll meet at the airport Wink

I deliver if you want!! Grin Grin
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

Coinmine.pl is sneaking towards 50% again, please spread your hashing power

source: http://darkcoin.mine.nu/poolhash.html

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:39:56 PM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

DDOS Protected pool

Back to you after GHash.io x1.25 promo ended Smiley

DRK profitability is bigger than multipool profitability (cleverminig, wafflepool). About $3.1 per MH/s for scrypt Multipools and $3.2 per 3 MH/s for DRK even with $0.71 each DRK

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
n00bnoxious

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Bitnation Development Team Member

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:42:02 PM

DDOS Protected pool

0% fee 100Mbit UK P2Pool here too
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:51:13 PM

Server is placed in Quebec Canada :-) Admin is placed in sweden :-p

Hum, still a ways from me, but I think my has shows up well.  It seems P2Pool has more issue with distance than a regular pool?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:52:32 PM

to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?[/center]

DDOS Protected pool

0% fee 100Mbit UK P2Pool here too

p2pool scanner updated to use your domain.
Coin-Moron

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:02:00 PM

Anyone tried mining with a 7990? Any good? I have one used for CAD work, but at night.......

Cool

What miner and config do you use? With scrypt mine liked -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 with cgminer 3.7.2

Does a single 7990 card gives 8800-9000khs?  Shocked
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:07:45 PM

Can you miner darkcoin with this knc miner titan? https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan

No - that ASIC can ONLY do scrypt coins. There are no ASICs for DRK, and unlikely to be for a long time.

I believe the benefits of a cryptocoin should be divided in benefits to the miners, benefits to the speculators and benefits to the end users who will actually try to buy and sell real world assets with the currency.  The big benefit of Bitcoin to the end users is offering the ability to transfer money over the internet in whatever amount you want separate form the traditional financial system regulations and boundaries and it does that very well.

ASIC resistant coins offer no additional benefits to the end users they do exactly the same, they really just give the existing mining community a currency to redirect their hashing power to, once asics are implemented and the rationale is that a currency that will have a somewhat guaranteed mining community should have mid term viability as an alternative to Bitcoin with a decent sized market cap and that is all good and I think there will be a market for that but it doesn't add anything that Bitcoin does not do already for the non-tech user who wants real world applications.

Darkcoin on the other hand is trying to offer anonymous ledger and that is big differentiation because it provides value for people as a way to store wealth outside of the regulated financial structure (banks, goverments.) in a much more practical way than storing large amounts of cash. It is actually better than cash because is way easier to move around. So to me the great value is not necessarily to spend darkcoins, long term you can use fiat or bitcoins if you just want to do the groceries. I think darkcoin should be a way to store and hold money anonymously and you can convert to other currencies when you really need to spend. That way we could attract new capital that is currently not in the cryptoworld and not really compete with existing coins.

That is why IMHO we have a lot riding on the release of Darksend and we should take the time to do it right, because if Darksend does not work as expected then we are just another cryptocoin with no real value proposition.

BTW I am willing to run a campaign in Latin America once Darksend is released.

I disagree, ASIC tends to centralize the hashing power by increasing the investment cost (barrier to entry), therefore only a few people can benefit, giant farms are created ... The resistance to ASIC encourages more people to mine even with their CPU which helps to decentralize the hashing power and protect the currency.

I just checked in with some Litecoin miners....looks like war has broken out amongst the community. Plus, all the ASIC makers are giving away more chips to match the price and hash on offer by KnC. By the end of the year Litecoin difficulty will be unprofitable for everyone, including ASIC miners.  All the multipools will suffer as well.

Hold on to your Darkcoins. Darksend is not the only feature that will attract everyone's attention - ASIC unfriendly and lower power GPU mining will be like an angry hungry bear smelling a pot of DarkHoney.
Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:09:21 PM

Can you miner darkcoin with this knc miner titan? https://www.kncminer.com/products/titan

No - that ASIC can ONLY do scrypt coins. There are no ASICs for DRK, and unlikely to be for a long time.

I believe the benefits of a cryptocoin should be divided in benefits to the miners, benefits to the speculators and benefits to the end users who will actually try to buy and sell real world assets with the currency.  The big benefit of Bitcoin to the end users is offering the ability to transfer money over the internet in whatever amount you want separate form the traditional financial system regulations and boundaries and it does that very well.

ASIC resistant coins offer no additional benefits to the end users they do exactly the same, they really just give the existing mining community a currency to redirect their hashing power to, once asics are implemented and the rationale is that a currency that will have a somewhat guaranteed mining community should have mid term viability as an alternative to Bitcoin with a decent sized market cap and that is all good and I think there will be a market for that but it doesn't add anything that Bitcoin does not do already for the non-tech user who wants real world applications.

Darkcoin on the other hand is trying to offer anonymous ledger and that is big differentiation because it provides value for people as a way to store wealth outside of the regulated financial structure (banks, goverments.) in a much more practical way than storing large amounts of cash. It is actually better than cash because is way easier to move around. So to me the great value is not necessarily to spend darkcoins, long term you can use fiat or bitcoins if you just want to do the groceries. I think darkcoin should be a way to store and hold money anonymously and you can convert to other currencies when you really need to spend. That way we could attract new capital that is currently not in the cryptoworld and not really compete with existing coins.

That is why IMHO we have a lot riding on the release of Darksend and we should take the time to do it right, because if Darksend does not work as expected then we are just another cryptocoin with no real value proposition.

BTW I am willing to run a campaign in Latin America once Darksend is released.

I disagree, ASIC tends to centralize the hashing power by increasing the investment cost (barrier to entry), therefore only a few people can benefit, giant farms are created ... The resistance to ASIC encourages more people to mine even with their CPU which helps to decentralize the hashing power and protect the currency.

I just checked in with some Litecoin miners....looks like war has broken out amongst the community. Plus, all the ASIC makers are giving away more chips to match the price and hash on offer by KnC. By the end of the year Litecoin difficulty will be unprofitable for everyone, including ASIC miners.  All the multipools will suffer as well.

Hold on to your Darkcoins. Darksend is not the only feature that will attract everyone's attention - ASIC unfriendly and lower power GPU mining will be like an angry hungry bear smelling a pot of DarkHoney.

I think Vertcoin currently has the better marketing regarding ASIC resistance. But well, that is also their only feature that makes them one of the few coins to live through the super altcoin hype. Maybe. DRK offers a bit more, but we will see.

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:12:53 PM

If real money for transactions was gold and silver, like 50-100 years ago, that would be another issue altogether.

There is NO SUCH THING as "real money". Money is just a medium that makes multi-party exchange easier, and that obtains these parties' belief that it will not become obsolete or redundant when they will want to use it. It could have been cows, gold, water, or paper... It couldn't be meat, or vegetables because these "mediums of exchange" become obsolete after a short while.
The fact the gold was used for centuries was because of its properties - easy to spot, hard to counterfeit, molds well, not too heavy or liquid, and so forth.
But today, it's basically a commodity like any other.

Take Chinese millionaires for example. Most of them [based on a survey] want to "smuggle" some of their wealth outside the country for rainy days. Gold is a bad medium for that. Bitcoin isn't that good either because it leaves a trail. Darkcoin? Now that's a thought...
Whether Darkcoin remains a good 'store of value'? imho it will until some better 'vehicle' makes it less attractive, redundant or obsolete.

$3 million USD is not any meaningful store of value. That is the wealth of just one guy! and not even a really rich guy
Practically speaking, DRK will first have to be a transfer medium to something that can handle a lot more value, eg. BTC

Now if  you keep circulating $1 million over and over and over, 1000 times, that is a billion USD

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:18:49 PM

I disagree with anyone who suggests a digital good is a store of wealth. There is a fine line between a tool of payment ie currency and a store of wealth. Nevertheless i love darkcoin for what it is, a great tool to make anonymous or semi anonymous  financial transactions.

It all breaks down to whether one also thinks a piece of paper called "cash" is also a good store of wealth. For most countries which experience high inflation, some digital coins can preserve people's wealth far better than their national currency. After all, digital coins are valued in paper. So, it's all an absurd situation. If real money for transactions was gold and silver, like 50-100 years ago, that would be another issue altogether.

Thats my point, a store of wealth is something that does/can not loose value overnight except in a very very rare condition like a house that gets badly damaged in an earthquake.
Gold , silver and other hard assets have proven to be a constant store of value/wealth over a long distance of time, too bad you cant ship gold or silver anonymously over the interwebs. Here darkcoin comes into play allowing for example person a to transfer the equity into darkcoin and convert it back to hard assets in a completely different place, and best of all nobody can tell who made the transfer.

What is the time frame on the transfer you suggest?

Less than a day for every transaction entering the system is a payment protocol. More than a day is a store of value.

Id say everything that takes longer than required is forex speculation in cryptocurrencies.
Cryptocurrencies are forex like other currencies. No doubt, in the correct circumstances a currency can flourish but it is not coupled to any hard asset, its a tool to conduct payment in the first place.

I'd say what Satoshi points out in his paper on attackers:

If a greedy attacker.....He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules, such rules that favour him with more new coins than everyone else combined, than to undermine the system and the validity of his own wealth.

Satoshi used gold miners as an analogy for processing blocks (gold is a store of value) and he goes on to reference a diminishing wealth (an inference to a store of value) if the system is attacked.

I insist in DRK potential as a way to store wealth not necessarily when the alternative is fiat under a well established democratic government. In that situation fiat would actually IMHO would be better, but when you have regulated currencies where you can't by law exchange your currency for dollars like Venezuela or access is very limited or there is a black market with huge rates. Or when you have huge amounts of cash in countries like Mexico and Colombia that you cant easily move something like a DRK with the limitations and risks a crypto currency has would be a way better alternative. And I am banking in getting some attention from those sectors once the coin is well established with all due respect to people that are less liberal about the potential use of the coin.
I have an idea!
Until DRK has a more reasonable market cap, it is necessarily limited to being a transfer medium to something like BTC.

Why dont we make a service where you can DRK send and have it automatically converted to a BTC paper wallet, preferably a secret address if that is possible.

govtments have a habit of overtaxing, especially considering the level of "services" they provide. Maybe some people have a problem with helping people store their wealth, but it is each person's right to deal with their money how they feel is right.

Not advocating doing anything wrong. Money is just not that safe in banks in most parts of the world.

I wonder how popular a BTC -> DRK -> DRK send -> BTC paper wallet service would be?

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:24:35 PM

I insist in DRK potential as a way to store wealth not necessarily when the alternative is fiat under a well established democratic government. In that situation fiat would actually IMHO would be better, but when you have regulated currencies where you can't by law exchange your currency for dollars like Venezuela or access is very limited or there is a black market with huge rates. Or when you have huge amounts of cash in countries like Mexico and Colombia that you cant easily move something like a DRK with the limitations and risks a crypto currency has would be a way better alternative. And I am banking in getting some attention from those sectors once the coin is well established with all due respect to people that are less liberal about the potential use of the coin.

I bet cryptocurrencies can become more desirable for wealth preservation than 50-60% of highly-inflated national currencies out there. Americans or Europeans with hard currency like the USD and the EUR cannot *really* understand what inflation feels like. We had the drachma over here (greece) in the 80s, official inflation was like >20% and your only option, since you were barred from buying gold or USD, was to deposit the money in a bank or buy a government bond and get an interest rate close to the inflation rate just to keep your capital near what it was. Alternatively you could do investments all the time in businesses, real estate etc - to keep the money moving and hoping it will multiply itself.

This type of use for cryptocurrencies is vastly underrated in the western world of hard currencies.
the official rate here is ~25% per year, but I have seen prices on a lot of things go up by a lot more than that in the last six months.

We have to register EVERY silly piece of electronics when we fly out of Argentina so we can prove that we did not buy it when traveling. I think if I dont let them register my iPhone serial number, then i become some sort of smuggler. Dont even think about taking out or bringing back any meaningful amount of foreign currency! We have our rock solid 25% per year peso

people in USA do not realize that you can be "breaking the law", but not doing anything wrong.

DRK gives all of us a chance to decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong

James

STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1414

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:30:09 PM

Good to hear from someone who actually really needs these crypto coins to succeed, not just speculator/investor like many of us.    There are quite a few countries with capital controls, not a ton of years ago UK was one of them and in future we could see this increase again as the big dollar is over liquefied.  India has banned import of gold pretty much, basically for similar reasons as it competes with their awful rupee

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
EfterlysT

Activity: 425
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:39:42 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 12:00:31 AM by EfterlysT

Cool

I am working the nightshift right now. I can post my config when i get back home in about seven hours Cheesy

And some edit here too.

I mean 2200Khs per core on one rig with 2x7990 cards. Two cards gives me total 8800-9000Khs.
Working late and i seem to have been leaving my brain back home lol..
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:46:23 PM

I wonder how popular a BTC -> DRK -> DRK send -> BTC paper wallet service would be?

James

EDIT

Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1162

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:52:15 PM

Darkcoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Darkcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

XwMJKu5JPpqzHgrXpkb91baGufPrNtuhUT

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:07:58 AM

Good to hear from someone who actually really needs these crypto coins to succeed, not just speculator/investor like many of us.    There are quite a few countries with capital controls, not a ton of years ago UK was one of them and in future we could see this increase again as the big dollar is over liquefied.  India has banned import of gold pretty much, basically for similar reasons as it competes with their awful rupee

On the otherhand DRK's marketcap is bigger than whole Argentinas wealth so we won't have much buy support from their side.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:13:45 AM

James

EDIT

If anybody wants to help me with this, let me know. I was thinking of routing it through my upcoming NXTmixer just to really make things fun. The TLA from big govs will still not be worried, but for less advanced countries I doubt they will have the resources to even figured out what is going on.  Well, actually, most likely is that the best customers will be the govt officials Smiley

I have to keep a purely online profile and wont be able to deal directly with customers and never did much with bitcoin paper wallets. I thought the stick figures were nice for the bitcoin secret addresses, but not sure if we can make paper wallets for them.

People carry their wealth in a certificate form. However, I would like to add a simple layer of encryption before printing so if the paper is confiscated it just looks like gibberish. This also allows digital copies to be kept as backups. Never can be too careful.

James

Pages: « 1 ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 [489] 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: