Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:52:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
godzirra

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 11:41:27 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 11:51:45 PM by godzirra

Evan don't play around. Decisions get made with no delay. Gotta respect that.
I think it was a good medium ground @ 7%

14 million minimum - 71m max
22 million projected Darkcoin total supply

I thought we would reach 84 million at some point when I first invested. It's not going to even come close! 20 million total if we're lucky.

@TanteStefana what if at some point in the future if the supply is constraining transactions we implemented a split. Kind of like a stock split, halving the share price while doubling the number of shares. Companies do it all the time with no real penalties. And it would relieve the psychological barriers to using it as a currency. Maybe if there was a voting quorum or something so there would be majority agreement. Just a thought.

@Lebubar I think the distribution is completely fair. It's even still on exchanges at low levels after word has gotten around. If people don't hold any DRK it's because they didn't want any.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:32:58 AM

He's a cryptographer and the creator of HashCash, which was the first e-cash system to use a hashing proof-of-work. For anyone interested, he had a really interesting interview on Lets Talk Bitcoin from a while back: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e77-the-adam-back-interview/

Cool, I'm reading now Smiley listening Smiley

He knows way too much. He also knows way too about bitcoin.
fra55

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:39:08 AM

Hi guys, tried to use Sgminer to mine Dkcoins but only get 45-47 khash/s with my Gigabyte 6850

Here is my .bat file:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx DISPLAY 0
sgminer -o stratum+tcp://drkpool.com:3333 -u xxx -p xxx -I 18 -g 1 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 6144

Using Catalyst 13.12 and SDK 2.9, installed sgminer as listed in the readme file except for the "source code" part which was not so clear to me.

Any idea?

Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:45:20 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 12:58:03 AM by Xdragon

If 22M are total max, and ~ 2M were mined in first 24h, that means that in first 24h ~9% of all coins were mined?  Huh  Does anybody know how many bitcoins were mined in first 24h?

@fra55
try this:

sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://drkpool.com:3333 -u xxx -p xxx -I 18 -g 1 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 6144

HiddenDark

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 12:59:55 AM

I started designing a new website. It can be viewed at the below address.

http://dark1395386793885.webflow.com/

I've only done the front page so far. I'm quite happy with the design down to the bottom of the 'What is Darkcoin?' section.

I know that LimLims and some others are thinking about getting a custom WordPress template, so I understand that this is likely redundant now.

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:07:41 AM

Evan don't play around. Decisions get made with no delay. Gotta respect that.
I think it was a good medium ground @ 7%

14 million minimum - 71m max
22 million projected Darkcoin total supply

I thought we would reach 84 million at some point when I first invested. It's not going to even come close! 20 million total if we're lucky.

@TanteStefana what if at some point in the future if the supply is constraining transactions we implemented a split. Kind of like a stock split, halving the share price while doubling the number of shares. Companies do it all the time with no real penalties. And it would relieve the psychological barriers to using it as a currency. Maybe if there was a voting quorum or something so there would be majority agreement. Just a thought.

@Lebubar I think the distribution is completely fair. It's even still on exchanges at low levels after word has gotten around. If people don't hold any DRK it's because they didn't want any.

Yes, anything is possible in the future.  I'm not dead set myself on anything, but wanted to make the argument for the other side as best I could, and I'm glad Evan decided a less harsh solution.  Cryptos are such a new thing, that nobody really knows the "perfect" answer.  I'm glad Evan made a decision and I hope it entices more investors to come join us Smiley

I only disappeared to do chores, and literally take a nap, 'cause that was an exhausting discussion, RoFL.  I'm still listening to that interview, but got interrupted.  Need to get back to it Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:10:42 AM

Thank you, I now have it in my favorites Wink

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 01:20:54 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 01:39:12 AM by HammerHedd

Making the coin scarce is only for the short-sighted.  It will make the coin quickly become one for only the elite to have.  Look at Bitcoin!  Besides, it doesn't even change anything in the short term anyway!

Look, a mild inflation which this coin would have (and it wouldn't look like that crazy chart!) is healthy!  As more of the public become involved with cryptos, they will take up much more of the inflationary slack than is created.  This allows the coin to be accessible way into the future!  There will be plenty of demand still.  You can hard cap it at 84 million, and let the formula do the rest and I bet it will still take until 2084 to get to that cap.

This is rewards  over hash rate, and you already can see how fast our hash rate has been increasing.  I really think changing the setup would be unwise and short sighted!

I agree that with TanteStefana. I don't think we actually have a supply problem - we want the coin to continue to grow - remember that we >anticipate< a much greater demand in the future. The rewards system already decreases the coin with increasing network hash capacity - annual reductions really serve to discourage future miners, IMHO. I don't know that is what we want - but I'm not the one with the economics degree!

I think the current target of 49M is reasonable given the number of people who will (hopefully) be adopting it. If it becomes too scarce, the price rises to the point where we get more speculation than commerce. While that favors early adopters, including myself, I think that in the long run a nice, stable value will be more of an asset than a continually climbing price.

EDIT: OMG! I leave for work, a discussion and decision ensue! Tongue I finally got to the end of the thread and ... I think it will all work out. If anything, I think Camosoul's point is important: whatever is (was) decided, it can't take too much more tweaking... Stability, or at least predictability, is probably the most important thing. Complex systems tend to find their own equilibrium, although it is often not predictable.

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:05:09 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 02:21:08 AM by TanteStefana

Yah, it's been a long day, eh?  LOL.

Now I'm curious to know what Adam Back thinks of Darkcoin.  I really hope he has changed his mind on alt coins and seen the light that Bitcoin is entrenched and can't/won't evolve anymore.  But of course, that's my opinion, Mr. Back would know much more than I of how entrenched bitcoin is, and if there is a way to break through.

Ah, looking at twitter, I see he hasn't.  Oh well, he's been wrong before, apparently many times, LOL.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
the_darkness

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:27:26 AM

Now I'm curious to know what Adam Back thinks of Darkcoin.  I really hope he has changed his mind on alt coins and seen the light that Bitcoin is entrenched and can't/won't evolve anymore.  But of course, that's my opinion, Mr. Back would know much more than I of how entrenched bitcoin is, and if there is a way to break through.

Ah, looking at twitter, I see he hasn't.  Oh well, he's been wrong before, apparently many times, LOL.

Yeah from twitter he seems fairly pessimistic about Darkcoin (and all altcoins for that matter). He's right that Dark Wallet could conceivably replicate a lot of Darkcoin's functionality using bitcoin; that said, Dark Wallet exists only as a fundraising campaign currently.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:30:08 AM

Ugh, I'm so TICKED OFF!!!  My Ubuntu crashed at some point and I just noticed I'm not hashing over there, and I don't know how long it's been down!  My windows 7 NEVER gives me trouble!  This is unbelievable!

Sorry, I needed to rant.........

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:35:51 AM

Yeah from twitter he seems fairly pessimistic about Darkcoin (and all altcoins for that matter). He's right that Dark Wallet could conceivably replicate a lot of Darkcoin's functionality using bitcoin; that said, Dark Wallet exists only as a fundraising campaign currently.

And I have no real interest in Bitcoin, I see it as one leg in the grave.  If they make darkwallet, and it required any help from the bitcoin developers, I'm sure they'll get none.  Why didn't Evan do something for bitcoin?  I don't know, but I can guess.  I wouldn't want to work with them either, and to have to explain everything he is doing to people without vision all the time would just suck the air out of any sail.  It's not hard to figure out his motivations, and I don't think Evan's  motivations are for a quick buck, he doesn't need 'em, though I'm not suggesting he wouldn't be happy to be rewarded for his work.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
the_darkness

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:55:01 AM

And I have no real interest in Bitcoin, I see it as one leg in the grave.  If they make darkwallet, and it required any help from the bitcoin developers, I'm sure they'll get none.  Why didn't Evan do something for bitcoin?  I don't know, but I can guess.  I wouldn't want to work with them either, and to have to explain everything he is doing to people without vision all the time would just suck the air out of any sail.  It's not hard to figure out his motivations, and I don't think Evan's  motivations are for a quick buck, he doesn't need 'em, though I'm not suggesting he wouldn't be happy to be rewarded for his work.

I suspect that the bitcoin development team, particularly as VC money moves in, will do what they can to quash Dark Wallet because of its potential "unsavoury" uses in a service they are trying to legitimize for grandma to use. I think Darkcoin offering a parallel service emphasizing privacy might allow it to carve out a niche. Hopefully Evan is able to make it to market first with Darksend in order to stake a claim in this area.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:04:22 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 03:16:27 AM by AlexGR

Hi guys, tried to use Sgminer to mine Dkcoins but only get 45-47 khash/s with my Gigabyte 6850

Here is my .bat file:

setx DISPLAY 0
sgminer -o stratum+tcp://drkpool.com:3333 -u xxx -p xxx -I 18 -g 1 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 6144

Using Catalyst 13.12 and SDK 2.9, installed sgminer as listed in the readme file except for the "source code" part which was not so clear to me.

Any idea?

You need a special sgminer 4.10, not any sgminer. By the look of your work units (it should be in the 0.0xx range) you are probably not using sph-sgminer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

For reference, my 6850 can get ~1050 KHs @960 MHz.

You should also use -k darkcoin when mining darkcoin. (that could also be at fault because you don't have that in your command line).
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:10:23 AM

1)   Variable Rewards :
With DarkCoin there is a variable reward formula against difficulty (with a minimum of 5), so we cannot know exactly how many coins will been generated every year, worse in 5 or 10 years. Generally people don't like the "unknown". Can we find a formula that permit us to have a more controlled number of coin generated with the time? For example the range between Min and Max go from 10 to 45 million it’s huge. If someone ask how many coins in total? Waht to answers ? Between 10 to 45 ??

The best answer for this is probably "max number of coins is XX, but it will be probably less than that".

Adam Back tweeted Darkcoin
Adam Back tweeted Darkcoin
Adam Back tweeted Darkcoin!!!

@adam3us
"DarkCoin seems to be bitcoin fork with a multi-hash PoW and a p2p CoinJoin impl.  DarkWallet does the same thing with BTC?"

I invited him to join the discussion (still trembling)…

@eduffield - perhaps you should connect with him…

Given that he tweeted about DRK, maybe it should be best for Evan to propose him to have a review of DarkSend's code when the code is ready and tell him that he would be honored to have him check it out etc etc. It'd be great for bulletproofing the implementation and a far better contribution of his time than writing here (which I suspect he won't do - but I may be wrong).
jsrev

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:24:09 AM

Anyone up to share a bit of the wealth?   Smiley

XwVMQ1ziNLWHywe1pEyGpK8CEF4TpPcwzL

After looking at several cryptocoins, I finally realized the obvious: there's no point in those emerging coins other than for the dev or lucky miners to get rich thanks to it. Sadly, it's like that for almost all the coins and it's like a flood.

So now I was looking at better stablished coins, and I looked deeper into this one. DarkCoin has a pretty cool concept, it's the first of its kind (anonymous) and also has an awesome 0.00% premine. That alone is a strong feature. The way to go is to keep pushing and promoting this coin, and I'm up for it. Needless to say, anonimity and decentralization is the straight point of cryptocurrency, so I think this one just hits the nail there. Also nice community around here.

BTC - 1G8gS81BKKnqsCPsQ12X4aehQYpLD3RXeC
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:34:44 AM

Given that he tweeted about DRK, maybe it should be best for Evan to propose him to have a review of DarkSend's code when the code is ready and tell him that he would be honored to have him check it out etc etc. It'd be great for bulletproofing the implementation and a far better contribution of his time than writing here (which I suspect he won't do - but I may be wrong).

After listening to his interview and reading his tweets, I would not trust what he had to say just because I'd worry he has too strong a bias against anything encroaching on bitcoin.  But I may be wrong, and he may be above that??  who knows?

And I don't really think Bitcoin has a leg in the grave, I just think it's so limiting, and it's become kind of institutionalized, which I don't like Smiley

Some day, Darkcoin may become just as institutionalized.  So...

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:49:18 AM

AIRcoin are going to use DarkGravityWave - They chose it as the superior solution over Digishield. Good job Evan!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=476383.msg5833682#msg5833682

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:54:53 AM

Anyone up to share a bit of the wealth?   Smiley

XwVMQ1ziNLWHywe1pEyGpK8CEF4TpPcwzL

After looking at several cryptocoins, I finally realized the obvious: there's no point in those emerging coins other than for the dev or lucky miners to get rich thanks to it. Sadly, it's like that for almost all the coins and it's like a flood.

So now I was looking at better stablished coins, and I looked deeper into this one. DarkCoin has a pretty cool concept, it's the first of its kind (anonymous) and also has an awesome 0.00% premine. That alone is a strong feature. The way to go is to keep pushing and promoting this coin, and I'm up for it. Needless to say, anonimity and decentralization is the straight point of cryptocurrency, so I think this one just hits the nail there. Also nice community around here.

Welcome. Stock up.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:58:56 AM

@feeleep@coinmine

Please  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: