Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:55:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 [5454] 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722524 times)
raico

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:26:16 AM

Welcome~!

Nice move~!!

Dash
All good for Bitcoin is good for Crypto-Currency, at the present~
All good for Crypto-Currency is good for Dash, in the end~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:27:27 AM

I'm not sure it's necesary to repost pic of this dick.

Can we stop engaging trolls please and focus on our incoming events?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:30:17 AM

Welcome guys!

Also great news on Evolution can't wait for Mexico.

I'm so excited that we'll soon get more information and be a part of the project!  I also hope we'll actually get to test things a bit soon?  Wow, so dang cool!  And looking for a Project manager, how cool is that?!?!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:31:07 AM

I'm not sure it's necesary to repost pic of this dick.

Can we stop engaging trolls please and focus on our incoming events?

OK, I'll stop.

For you, that is.

fastlan

Activity: 116

https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:41:17 AM

Thanks for the info! I'm mining right now around 13 Mh/s. It's severely non-profitable. Which has me wondering why? Even more so, why are so many people hashing away and perfectly fine with losing money? Faith?

That depends on your power price and hardware.

lol youd be better off mining a coin with a lower diff with that hashrate....

Lower diff usually means lower price. Not that there aren't more profitable X11 coins to mine than DASH, currently. IMO, it's stupid to mine DASH in this case, even if you want DASH - instead, mine something else, sell it, buy DASH, and you end up with more DASH than you would have had, had you mined it directly.

Wolf0 is right mine other coin.......no more coins, better buy..it is all about buying the coins produced by the POS masternodes. POW is still there to make dash look more legit.

try ethereum it is more profitable, the coins move so fast dash's instantx is not that great anymore  Wink

yeah it could be the next big thing..
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:10:18 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 05:53:31 AM by arielbit

Thanks for the info! I'm mining right now around 13 Mh/s. It's severely non-profitable. Which has me wondering why? Even more so, why are so many people hashing away and perfectly fine with losing money? Faith?

That depends on your power price and hardware.

lol youd be better off mining a coin with a lower diff with that hashrate....

Lower diff usually means lower price. Not that there aren't more profitable X11 coins to mine than DASH, currently. IMO, it's stupid to mine DASH in this case, even if you want DASH - instead, mine something else, sell it, buy DASH, and you end up with more DASH than you would have had, had you mined it directly.

Wolf0 is right mine other coin.......no more coins, better buy..it is all about buying the coins produced by the POS masternodes. POW is still there to make dash look more legit.

try ethereum it is more profitable, the coins move so fast dash's instantx is not that great anymore  Wink

yeah it could be the next big thing..

it could be...crypto in general is not 100% sure...even bitcoin and sure as hell on dash  Wink

InstantX = phased out

DGW = Kimoto's Gravity Well with evan's tweak nothing more nothing less just like dash as a bitcoin fork

Inventor of X11 = Quark is the first with chaining 6 algo, they just didn't call it X6....then X11 and X13 and X(for all i care) - nothing great about this

Anonymous/Darksend = bitcoin is already anonymous if you know how to use it with mixing.

Darkcoin/dash is a very good collection of edited and tweaked bitcoin and altcoin (bitcoin forked) technology.

my say in all this....

i'd rather invest in non bitcoin fork/clone that phases out coins (such as dash) in features and technologies.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:27:36 AM

Quote from: eduffield
New Dash Evolution Update - LATAM Bitcoin Conference

Dash Evolution introduces new and creative ways to think about digital currency supported in a three tier architecture. We have so far made announcements of some of the concepts and features we have planned for the next big release of the Dash platform while working on the architecture.

It goes without saying that we have been working hard developing the foundation of Evolution. At this point, we feel we’re far enough in the development process to start opening it up to community feedback and conversation.

We want this to be a transparent process, all Dash Evolution documentation will be opened and all the existing code open sourced.. and we’re going to do that at the convention in Mexico, on December 5th. Up into this point, the work was experimental, now we feel we have established a solid base to build upon. We feel this will be a great time to get the community involved and gather feedback so we can revise the concepts and make any necessary changes as we are still early in the process.

This way we will have almost two months of community feedback and discussion before officially presenting a prototype to the world on The North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami.

See you in Mexico!

https://dashtalk.org/threads/introducing-our-new-team-members.7160/
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:10:33 AM

This is so sad every time I come here the pages are filled with Monero haters, I really think they come here more than their dead ANN thread; and now instead of 1 core developer coming here hating on DASH now we have 2! great I guess they are out of 5 xmr's a day? Cry"p"to in to forums type of developers instead of working on their own crappy undeveloped copied coin Monero they are wasting their time here as IF we are the reason RUBYCOIN is poking them on the ranks right now.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:10:41 AM

Very good news, congratz new team-members.
Interesting times ahead, with the disclosure of Evolution during the Bitcoin Mexico conference which is just around the corner now and with the ever increasing Dash team.
A Dash team that is so totally open and transparant with who its members are in real life....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 04:13:16 AM

Great to see the Dash team growing all the time.

The project, and its people, are inspiring others to join. We really do have a great future here, and to be a part of it is frankly amazing.

What this coin has achieved in less than two years is nothing short of remarkable, and with greater talents being applied all the time, the next two years should bring a lot more successes.

See you in Mexico, indeed, and here's to an exciting [R]Evolution coming in 2016!

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:31:02 AM

Inventor of X11 = Quark is the first with chaining 6 algo, they just didn't call it X6....then X11 and X13 and X(for all i care) - nothing great about this

Holy shit, you made a good point. Was that by accident?

accidents do happen mr. miner developer  Cheesy

can i ask you something? when X11 algo became GPU mineable it was cool on GPU's (lower heat, lower electricity cost)...but then i think you contributed on optimizing sgminer that increases hash on X11...

with deep knowledge in coding..do you think someone or somebody could have had an optimized miner during those times when GPUs are cooler on X11?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:32:26 AM

https://dashtalk.org/threads/introducing-our-new-team-members.7160/

Looking For Project Manager

We are looking for Project Managers, who could support the Dash project and the Team. We drive many sub-streams in the Dash project and additional support in Project Management area would help in project growth.

At least basic experience in Project Management would be needed. Good collaboration and communication skills combined with a lot of self-organization, discipline and patience is a must Smiley.

Experience with Agile methods and tools like Jira and Confluence is a great advantage.

For those, who would be interested in joining the PM team, please ping us! We’re growing and need to organize a bit better, you could help!

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:33:53 AM

You want to undervoltage and overclock your cards to save energy/maximize hashrate.  Along with using the most optimized miner software(hint: wolf0).  You will also need to have efficient cards like the 750ti and cheap power to make a profit.  If you are in a cold climate, us the extra heat to reduce your heating bill(only adds about 10% in profitability if you heat with natural gas).  The best option is to find a place with free power and camp your miners out there.  Smiley

Check out www.coinwarz.com to calculate which coins are the most profitable.  Keep in mind the block reward with Dash changes, so this site won't always be accurate.  If that still doesn't get you into profitability territory, try the mine and hold until a price increase strategy.  It would probably be better just to buy instead though.

Still feel like mining and you don't have super cheap power, then sell your gpus and buy the new S7.  Then convert your BTC to Dash.  (You can setup a shapeshift address to automatically do that if you want)  Or better yet, sell your GPUs and run a masternode.  It still gives you block rewards but doesn't cost an arm and leg for electricity.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:42:09 AM

good thing we dont have many trolls in here trying to promote their own cryptocurrency in this thread .. oh.. wait .. we have.
iCEY :  Sad

Never mind this post...

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:51:26 AM

accidents do happen mr. miner developer  Cheesy

can i ask you something? when X11 algo became GPU mineable it was cool on GPU's (lower heat, lower electricity cost)...but then i think you contributed on optimizing sgminer that increases hash on X11...

with deep knowledge in coding..do you think someone or somebody could have had an optimized miner during those times when GPUs are cooler on X11?

Of course. I did - it only leaked, which caused me to release it so the asshole who stole it couldn't sell it...

I mean prior to you optimizing mining on X11, way back.

I remembered I've read a thread or two regarding your miner on X11 you did optimized it.

anyway you are a public miner developer, people can follow you on bitcointalk....do you think there are other private miner developers out there who do mining development and keep it to themselves?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:11:11 AM

accidents do happen mr. miner developer  Cheesy

Of course. I did - it only leaked, which caused me to release it so the asshole who stole it couldn't sell it...

I remembered I've read a thread or two regarding your miner on X11 you did optimized it.

anyway you are a public miner developer, people can follow you on bitcointalk....do you think there are other private miner developers out there who do mining development and keep it to themselves?

You don't seem to get it. I often to private mining development and keep it quiet...

I got it now..you know what you do, but you don't know if there are other miner developer/s out there who keep it quiet..

thanks.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:15:09 AM

You don't seem to get it. I often to private mining development and keep it quiet...

I got it now..you know what you do, but you don't know if there are other miner developer/s out there who keep it quiet..

thanks.

I know several others. I don't know if any of them did X11 before me, though.

that's a great insight  Smiley
BitWater

Activity: 402

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:26:24 AM

Ethereum is a great platform, but it's not designed to be a currency.

From p2pfoundation.
"One common concern about Ethereum is the issue of scalability. Like Bitcoin, Ethereum suffers from the flaw that every transaction needs to be processed by every node in the network. With Bitcoin, the size of the current blockchain rests at about 20 GB, growing by about 1 MB per hour. If the Bitcoin network were to process Visa's 2000 transactions per second, it would grow by 1 MB per three seconds (1 GB per hour, 8 TB per year). Ethereum is likely to suffer a similar growth pattern, worsened by the fact that there will be many applications on top of the Ethereum blockchain instead of just a currency as is the case with Bitcoin, but ameliorated by the fact that Ethereum full nodes need to store just the state instead of the entire blockchain history." (http://buyxpr.com/build/pdfs/EthereumWhitePaper.pdf)

This is what evolution is addressing.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:35:19 AM

thanks.

that's a great insight  Smiley

What's so interesting?

that there are silent players out there who can and have an advantage.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:20:19 AM

thanks.

that's a great insight  Smiley

What's so interesting?

that there are silent players out there who can and have an advantage.

You didn't assume this already? If you've seen my public gains, most people would wonder what I don't share...

if it is about you, i already assumed it..i didn't know that there are several others and there could be others that you don't know.

hearing this from a miner developer is kind of assuring.
Pages: « 1 ... 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 [5454] 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: