Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:32:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 [5455] 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722525 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:09:50 AM

going back to this point..

Inventor of X11 = Quark is the first with chaining 6 algo, they just didn't call it X6....then X11 and X13 and X(for all i care) - nothing great about this

since Quark didn't use "X" and didn't call their algo X6...Evan got the spot light by adding "X" after chaining additional 5 algos (X11).

Evan's idea of adding "X" was so great and he was so proud and called his coin "Xcoin"--- fuckin brilliant LOL   Cheesy

and that my friends explains why Evan was so proud of putting "Inventor of X11" at the dash (former Xcoin) announcement thread. LOL Cheesy

P.S. I love this thread  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:27:53 AM

Thanks for the info! I'm mining right now around 13 Mh/s. It's severely non-profitable. Which has me wondering why? Even more so, why are so many people hashing away and perfectly fine with losing money? Faith?
Genesis mining have transcended faith using better optimization and cheap electricity from the hot smelly thermal vents of Iceland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqEgF7NCJ-0

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:41:15 AM

It sure is when the only competition is an encrypted piggy bank with 34.02 followers - even @ 200% zoom.
sadly they are discussing disruption for DASH at the event.
I suspect we'll only see the sheep like dnaleor, hopefully no one truly disturbed turns up.
I doubt any of the main players like Risto will show, they wouldn't have the ticker.
The flight and hotel costs should deter them,
its going cost a little more than dnaleor's bus fare from his bedroom in Mama and Papa's house this time.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:48:34 AM

Inventor of X11 = Quark is the first with chaining 6 algo, they just didn't call it X6....then X11 and X13 and X(for all i care) - nothing great about this

since Quark didn't use "X" and didn't call their algo X6...Evan got the spot light by adding "X" after chaining additional 5 algos (X11).

Evan's idea of adding "X" was so great and he was so proud and called his coin "Xcoin"--- fuckin brilliant LOL   Cheesy

and that my friends explains why Evan was so proud of putting "Inventor of X11" at the dash (former Xcoin) announcement thread. LOL Cheesy

Correction: He VASTLY simplified Quark before chaining additional algos - Quark uses branching.

okay i'm giving Evan that.. *clap* *clap* must be so proud of it to add "X" to it...and 5+6 = 11

he is a very good modifier/tweaker whatever the word is  Smiley
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:56:17 AM

Correction: He VASTLY simplified Quark before chaining additional algos - Quark uses branching.

okay i'm giving Evan that.. *clap* *clap* must be so proud of it to add "X" to it...and 5+6 = 11

he is a very good modifier/tweaker whatever the word is  Smiley

It actually makes the algo somewhat more boring, IMO.

why?...in layman's terms please.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:59:51 AM

The flight and hotel costs should deter them

To a normal person, the idea of being caught in an exhibition of jaundiced turkeys would be enough of a deterrent.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:16:29 AM

Evan's idea of adding "X" was so great and he was so proud and called his coin "Xcoin"--- fuckin brilliant LOL  Cheesy

P.S. I love this thread  Grin

he is a very good modifier/tweaker whatever the word is  Smiley

Less challenging to make it work well on GPU. Quark made me think a bit.

careful with words now..might label you a troll in here, thanks for the correction and another insight (less challenging Evan).
miningpros

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:53:27 AM

Ethereum is a great platform, but it's not designed to be a currency.

From p2pfoundation.
"One common concern about Ethereum is the issue of scalability. Like Bitcoin, Ethereum suffers from the flaw that every transaction needs to be processed by every node in the network. With Bitcoin, the size of the current blockchain rests at about 20 GB, growing by about 1 MB per hour. If the Bitcoin network were to process Visa's 2000 transactions per second, it would grow by 1 MB per three seconds (1 GB per hour, 8 TB per year). Ethereum is likely to suffer a similar growth pattern, worsened by the fact that there will be many applications on top of the Ethereum blockchain instead of just a currency as is the case with Bitcoin, but ameliorated by the fact that Ethereum full nodes need to store just the state instead of the entire blockchain history." (http://buyxpr.com/build/pdfs/EthereumWhitePaper.pdf)

This is what evolution is addressing.

This is something that DASH has covered correct ?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:00:36 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 01:11:36 PM by tungfa

Listen to CIA Whistle Blower John Kiriakou And Evan Duffield Of Dash by The Crypto Show
 Wink
(old interview of Evan / Rerun !)
 Grin
https://soundcloud.com/heryptohow/cia-whistle-blower-john-kiriakou-and-evan-duffield-of-dash

3:50 min onwards
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 01:15:40 PM

Evan's idea of adding "X" was so great and he was so proud and called his coin "Xcoin"--- fuckin brilliant LOL  Cheesy

careful with words now..might label you a troll in here, thanks for the correction and another insight (less challenging Evan).

I'm not too familiar with the launch, but wasn't that the idea? For a GPU implementation?

As I remember it... It was actually only CPU. The GPU came shortly after.   A number of individuals started off with huge server farms just cranking out the hash power... Once I got my bunch of azure servers going and made a good buck all be it for a short time. But... It became quite apparent quickly someone got GPU miners up and that changed the difficulty very quickly.  As I've said this was way beyond my technical level... It was my first mining...but it was super cool.. Once GPU took over I called it quits and. Just invested  in the coin by buying it in the open market.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
afreer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:23:35 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 01:47:03 PM by afreer

Ethereum is a great platform, but it's not designed to be a currency.

From p2pfoundation.
"One common concern about Ethereum is the issue of scalability. Like Bitcoin, Ethereum suffers from the flaw that every transaction needs to be processed by every node in the network. With Bitcoin, the size of the current blockchain rests at about 20 GB, growing by about 1 MB per hour. If the Bitcoin network were to process Visa's 2000 transactions per second, it would grow by 1 MB per three seconds (1 GB per hour, 8 TB per year). Ethereum is likely to suffer a similar growth pattern, worsened by the fact that there will be many applications on top of the Ethereum blockchain instead of just a currency as is the case with Bitcoin, but ameliorated by the fact that Ethereum full nodes need to store just the state instead of the entire blockchain history." (http://buyxpr.com/build/pdfs/EthereumWhitePaper.pdf)

This is what evolution is addressing.

This is something that DASH has covered correct ?

Yes, Masternode operation is incentivized so as transaction volume increases the value of rewards to run more powerful nodes increases to offset the cost, meaning the network infrastructure scales with usage. Dash's design rationale in this area is to use economic incentives (a share of the block reward distributed equally amongst Masternode operators) to scale the network instead of reliance on Moore's law in the same way Bitcoin mining relies on economic incentives to secure the network rather than volunteerism.

Plus Masternode quorums mean you don't need every node in the network to partake in every action you want to do, therefore if Dash implements something like Ethereum's Turing complete scripting capability, the contract code wouldn't need to be executed by every node in the network, it could be delegated to subsets of nodes i.e. quorums, and could operate in near real-time rather than having to wait for the next block confirmation (state transition in Ethereum terms) by reusing the Instant X architecture.

There are also some new pruning methods in Evolution that Evan is working on that would reduce the blockchain size to help with scaling.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:55:44 PM

I'm not too familiar with the launch, but wasn't that the idea? For a GPU implementation?

As I remember it... It was actually only CPU. The GPU came shortly after.   A number of individuals started off with huge server farms just cranking out the hash power... Once I got my bunch of azure servers going and made a good buck all be it for a short time. But... It became quite apparent quickly someone got GPU miners up and that changed the difficulty very quickly.  As I've said this was way beyond my technical level... It was my first mining...but it was super cool.. Once GPU took over I called it quits and. Just invested  in the coin by buying it in the open market.

Well, duh, of course it was CPU-only at the start. I'm asking if the intent was to make it easier on GPUs than Quark.

I'll wait for dash insiders to chime in...this is a very good question.
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:30:49 PM

Fantastic news, Dash has a lot going for it! Great work all and congratulations to the new team members!
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 02:56:09 PM

Well, duh, of course it was CPU-only at the start. I'm asking if the intent was to make it easier on GPUs than Quark.

I certainly can't help on that as I'm not a techie. At that time... I was just reading information on here and winging it. I remember there were several or more individuals that had a clue on what was going on.... Do Any dash old timers know?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
fastlan

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:35:21 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm mining right now around 13 Mh/s. It's severely non-profitable. Which has me wondering why? Even more so, why are so many people hashing away and perfectly fine with losing money? Faith?
Genesis mining have transcended faith using better optimization and cheap electricity from the hot smelly thermal vents of Iceland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqEgF7NCJ-0

talk about centralization... Shocked
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:43:12 PM

I think he just did it his own way, as he didn't know about Quark, which is the impression I got long ago when I asked - don't ask me to find proof, I'll not waste my time.  Just giving you an answer if you're interested.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
noah tall

Activity: 524

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 06:58:02 PM

<mod deletion protection>
At laBITconf, we will be presenting Dash to business representatives, industry experts and potential end users, and giving an update about Evolution as we prepare for the Miami keynote. We will be sponsoring a booth to exhibit Dash and talk directly to as many people as possible.
</mod deletion protection>

Terwa

Activity: 160

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:56:37 PM

cheaper MN for all  Grin 2.200 $ +200 Dash per year
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:21:05 PM

Just noticed this  Wink

AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:29:30 PM

I think he just did it his own way, as he didn't know about Quark, which is the impression I got long ago when I asked - don't ask me to find proof, I'll not waste my time.  Just giving you an answer if you're interested.

I suppose it's possible. Meh, hardly matters, I suppose. I just want to know his intentions for the PoW - what qualities he wanted it to have.

If I remember corectly, he mentioned few times that "easier on GPU..." so...
Pages: « 1 ... 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 [5455] 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 5474 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: