Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 [5474] 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:11:42 PM

New Budget Proposal Item:

Stipend for Smooth

We are fortunate to have an extremely knowledgeable crypto developer monitoring our thread on an hourly basis.  Smooth has spent a good proportion of his free time educating us on the nuances of crypto.  Where would we be without his kind words and helpful hints?  I know many of us here would still confuse our assholes from holes in the ground.  Smooth has stated many times that he is not paid for his contributions, but we feel that the time is right to reward our professor.  This new budget proposal would send Smooth 1 DASH per day (30.5 DASH per month) to continue his noble efforts.  

Please join us by voting "yes" to:
2934ee3c33fa7a81ace6dd925cf639f0fe19d1340ef89e58a78ebf4df5ba5c38

damn, you made me check on dashwhale .. grrr  Angry    Grin

edit : which reminds me, i still need to vote on all the other budget proposals.

I did too lol

Should I actually spend the 5 DASH?  It might be worth it.

You better spend them to this address Xnu9vcCAZYNozX7ypFt2rLi3TFnbTUMX3Q Tongue (I checked too...)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:53:47 PM

Just trawled through many pages of shit fighting Dash vs Monero again. Good grief they really don't let go.

Listen I know about pros and cons of Monero, I know about pros and cons of Dash. I'm here to hear about Dash not Monero. If I want to hear about Monero I'll head off to the Monero thread.

Haven't these Monero people got some code to work on or something?

Nice to end on a laugh though, that budget proposal for smooth gets my vote
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:02:11 PM

Just trawled through many pages of shit fighting Dash vs Monero again. Good grief they really don't let go.

Listen I know about pros and cons of Monero, I know about pros and cons of Dash. I'm here to hear about Dash not Monero. If I want to hear about Monero I'll head off to the Monero thread.

Haven't these Monero people got some code to work on or something?

Like a GUI wallet? Oh wait, Smooth is too busy trolling our thread to actually write code.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:03:07 PM

it appears that you still don't understand how cryptocurrencies work

Sorry, but your mental model of Bitcoin/Dash/etc. in term of address credits and debits as the fundamental basis of integrity is just flat out wrong.

LoL ! You sure don't read over your posts before you send them do you.

I do. I read yours too, enough to recognize that you are completely ignorant (likely willfully) about how cryptocurrencies actually operate.

Whether that's true or not is beside the point since 99% of the population are likeways and it's them who need to be convinced, not me.

What is a problem is cryptocurrency promoters who are wilfully ignorant of how monetary systems operate and you appear to be in that category.

The issues I've cited with opaque blockchains have nothing to do with the their mechanics and everything to do with their auditability by people "with no idea how cryptocurrencies operate" which is why I suggested you revise your sales pitch. Not being able to inspect the balance movements at each end of a transaction is a non-starter for a public, unbacked medium as far as ever getting near the mainstream goes, end of. You won't find much debate over that 'out there'.

Unfortunately (well unfortunately for your fallacious argument) no one1 including Bitcoin (nor Dash, if I'm assuming correctly, and I think i am, that Dash tranasctions work the same way as Bitcoin transactions), has created a cryptocurrency that works the way you suggest.

So your argument that A is better than B because A has some property that it doesn't actually have is clearly false.

Maybe that means that 99% of the population will never support cryptocurrencies, I don't know. That would be consistent with available evidence.

1 Exception being a few relatively obscure cryptocurrencies such as XCN that actually work on the basis of native balances the integrity of which is maintained by the system. Ethereum does too, although the conditions on movement are arbitrarily complex, thus can't be audited beyond programatic validity anyway.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:10:33 PM

Unfortunately (well unfortunately for your fallacious argument) no one1 including Bitcoin (nor Dash, if I'm assuming correctly, and I think i am, that Dash tranasctions work the same way as Bitcoin transactions), has created a cryptocurrency that works the way you suggest.

"The way I suggest" implies that I/anyone can inspect the balance of a blockchain address without recourse to its associated private key (or 'viewkey for that matter).

As far as I'm aware there are cryptocurrencies in existence that support that requirement, so there's nothing 'fallacious' about the argument.

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:11:11 PM

Nice to end on a laugh though, that budget proposal for smooth gets my vote
I also have to thank Mr Smooth and Mrs Smoothie for the constant entertainment it wouldn't be the same otherwise  Kiss
Certainly some funny frelling laughs to be had  Grin
Is like a never ending trashy soup opera but with spliced quality segments.
The difference is, we take the piss where as they're seriously fanatical and wont ever let it go Roll Eyes

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:18:00 PM

So when is the show in Mexico again? Evan will be speaking about Evolution? Whats the dealio?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 10:23:00 PM

.... Rubycoin wow... Impressive!
Yes, it's really a great coin, good in many aspect  Grin  Grin
I love this coin   Roll Eyes
Rubycoin to the moon... lol
hm, i'll wait for ice's jailcoin.  It's 10 cigarettes == one blowjob == 100.000 jailcoin. But you can only use a hacked hairdryer for mining...
LMAO...#REKT
Did you know (It seems incredible)  that Rubycoin have a GUI?
lol
And when he is let out, suggest going to greece for cheap hookers, I hear they are doing specials for only 2 Euro.

Good...good...attack anyone who exposes Dash's instamine, bad crypto, and HYIP scam.

Use ad hominem deflection to minimize and distract from criticisms of the cargo cult.

Investigate and exploit anything negative in their biographies.  Speculate about their motivations.  Ridicule them.

That approach worked out so well for Paycoin, JGarza, and all the gullible Masternode Prime Controller owners at DashTalk HashTalk.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:37:20 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2015, 10:56:23 PM by Minotaur26

So when is the show in Mexico again? Evan will be speaking about Evolution? Whats the dealio?

The LATAM Bitcoin conference is in Mexico  this Friday and Saturday. Evan's presentation wont be specifically about Evolution, in this presentation we will be discussing Dash's experience with full node incentive and a 2 tier network and the possibilities that opens for cryptocurrency.

We will use the opportunity to open up the draft documents and current code of the Evolution features and ideas to the general community so we can start discussing here and in other forums about the technology. We are at a point where the ideas are clear enough to be shared and the dev team can benefit from open feedback and discussion in preparation for the Miami keynote that will be more focused on Evolution.

The idea is for Dash as a project and community is to go to Miami with a model that is open and already includes community feedback and discussion, so the time to start that discussion is now.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:50:02 PM

The show in LATAM Bitcoin conference is in Mexico  this Friday and Saturday. Evan's presentation wont be specifically about Evolution, in this presentation we will be discussing Dash's experience with full node incentive and a 2 tier network and the possibilities that opens for cryptocurrency.

We will use the opportunity to open up the draft documents and current code of the Evolution features and ideas to the general community so we can start discussing here and in other forums about the technology. We are at a point where the ideas are clear enough to be shared and the dev team can benefit from open feedback and discussion in preparation for the Miami keynote that will be more focused on Evolution.

The idea is for Dash as a project and community to go Miami with a model that is open and already includes community feedback and discussion, so the time to start that discussion is now.

I remember all the great discussions we had on the budgeting system. Some great brainstorming, throwing ideas out, finding problems and weaknesses in the proposals, revising it...

I look forward to doing this with Evolution!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:51:29 PM

deflection ... minimize ... distract
Speculate ... Ridicule ...

bertlebbert

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:21:17 AM

The show in LATAM Bitcoin conference is in Mexico  this Friday and Saturday. Evan's presentation wont be specifically about Evolution, in this presentation we will be discussing Dash's experience with full node incentive and a 2 tier network and the possibilities that opens for cryptocurrency.

The idea is for Dash as a project and community to go Miami with a model that is open and already includes community feedback and discussion, so the time to start that discussion is now.

I remember all the great discussions we had on the budgeting system. Some great brainstorming, throwing ideas out, finding problems and weaknesses in the proposals, revising it...

I look forward to doing this with Evolution!

Yeah, I wouldn't expect much brainstorming or actual ideas being tossed about in this thread - the kids are just too busy fighting
Fatov

Activity: 354

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:25:16 AM

Trolls...

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 12:30:19 AM

Trolls...

"Trolls" is one of the things the GAW/Paycoin cheerleaders called critics.

Remember how the GAWtards high-fived each other when a "troll" was banned from HashTalk?

Attacking-the-attacker works for a while, until the attacker is the SEC.

GAWMiner's DASH's CEO, Josh Garza Evan Duffield, has previously made headlines with his purchase of BTC.com DASH.org.

"Hashlets Masternodes constitute investment contracts, and thus “securities” under Section 2(a)(1) [15 U.S.C. §77b(1)] of the Securities Act."

Ignore the ominous, obvious parallels at your peril.

You have been warned.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
noah tall

Activity: 524

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:42:04 AM

You have been warned.

I still don't get it.  Can you come back here every hour and warn me again?

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:56:25 AM

striking, but unsurprising.

This poster's resemblance to the circus community is striking, but unsurprising.

Not only because of the dippy hyperbole in front of an amused audience, but the basic buffonerism is too close to miss.

e.g.
a big part of promoting feigned greivance is cooking up fairy-tale comparisons between scarecrow merchandise and authentic wares

The bitcoin forums have already been flooded with posts from this blatant clown. I think it's good to keep people aware, but if you really want to stop this con artist, report him to the authorities who can do something about it.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 01:31:40 AM

You have been warned.

I still don't get it.  Can you come back here every hour and warn me again?

In 2014, BTCMiami featured noted scammer Josh Garza of Paycoin, in spite of public outcry.

In 2015, BTCMiami will feature noted scammer Evan Duffield of Dash, in spite of public outcry.

In keeping with their shameless tradition of giving Ponzi schemers a public platform.

But we don't expect *you* to understand.  As a brainwashed member of the cult known as Evan's Gate, you are only expected to drink the Kool-aid and put on the Nikes when it's time to ride the comet.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:36:29 AM

The LATAM Bitcoin conference is in Mexico  this Friday and Saturday. Evan's presentation wont be specifically about Evolution, in this presentation we will be discussing Dash's experience with full node incentive and a 2 tier network and the possibilities that opens for cryptocurrency.

The idea is for Dash as a project and community is to go to Miami with a model that is open and already includes community feedback and discussion, so the time to start that discussion is now.

Ready for labitconf in Mexico? (4-5 dec 2015).

Trolleros just making noise.

Dash working in silence Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 01:46:05 AM

Everyone knew that's a Ponzi scheme from the start.

Not everyone. HashDashTalk was filled with "believers" that would chide anyone who asked questions that challenged the idea that Paycoin DASH would eclipse Bitcoin, be accepted by Amazon, etc. Everytime JG ED made an announcement a supposed partnership, etc, no matter how obvious it was he was buying time, the masses would act like their savior was speaking gospel.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:12:30 AM

Everyone knew that's a Ponzi scheme from the start.

Not everyone. HashDashTalk was filled with "believers" that would chide anyone who asked questions that challenged the idea that Paycoin DASH would eclipse Bitcoin, be accepted by Amazon, etc. Everytime JG ED made an announcement a supposed partnership, etc, no matter how obvious it was he was buying time, the masses would act like their savior was speaking gospel.

I am liking the new trolling angle, good job, you were getting sloppy. For a moment there I was feeling you were just another Adam White... this is good stuff... kudos
Pages: « 1 ... 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 5439 5440 5441 5442 5443 5444 5445 5446 5447 5448 5449 5450 5451 5452 5453 5454 5455 5456 5457 5458 5459 5460 5461 5462 5463 5464 5465 5466 5467 5468 5469 5470 5471 5472 5473 [5474] 5475 5476 5477 5478 5479 5480 5481 5482 5483 5484 5485 5486 5487 5488 5489 5490 5491 5492 5493 5494 5495 5496 5497 5498 5499 5500 5501 5502 5503 5504 5505 5506 5507 5508 5509 5510 5511 5512 5513 5514 5515 5516 5517 5518 5519 5520 5521 5522 5523 5524 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: