Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 [2689] 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:04:24 PM

What happens if you keep waiting? It seems to me that since you started with one huge input that it needs to do a large number of "splits" and it is just not finished yet.  Given that splits occur 1 time every 10 blocks for this scenario I would imagine that this step would take a very long time...

Or did the splits just stop randomly at one point? (link to test block explorer is not working for me for some reason)
6 hours of waiting now - nothing changes, it just follows the same splitting algorithm over and over again

https://i.imgur.com/QnBMnqA.png

Wondering what would happen if I have these 12K not in 1 but in 2 smaller inputs... by 6K each... will try that now.

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:04:45 PM

Yes. But the coin is dying and there is a tiny window to save it by creating a Btc mixing service to get new Btc into the coin. Do it while the marketcap is large enough to handle decent volume.

So if that's what you think needs doing, why not get off your arse and do it instead of moaning that nobody is doing it for you?
Because the market is avoiding Drk like Ebola due to it being closed source.
What got into you ? You repeat open source, closed source like a mantra. That's only your opinion, the dev team is not working to respect your own schedule, if you don't like it you can sell at any time.

Ozzie like the rest of us holders is feeling the heavy weigh the recent selloff. I think any ideas should be open for discussion. Not sure if open source would save us now but good to have a discussion on it.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:06:09 PM

I personally think going closed is what is killing drk. The experts like AA are avoiding it and the whales did not react to RC4. Also markets will not form around closed source tech. There was a window to gain the support of the privacy community. Drk was leading that race.

Nothing is killing DRK.  Huh

It's a tiny and volatile market, currently filled with ADD lemmings, prices will fluctuate. Meanwhile clever people are getting on with building something amazing.

Anyone whining about the current price who isn't actively participating in some way to add value to the DRK ecosystem should really shut the fuck up, it isn't anyone else's job to give you a free lunch.
The current price is a signal. Ignore at your peril. The market does not like Drk as currently formulated.

You think I'm getting a free lunch? I invested in Drk. The price drop surprised me. I'm being factual about what happened. No amount of wishful thinking or new tech is going to get whales investing when they did not invest after RC4.

At some point Drk will be forced to open source but by that time the market will have moved on. They will be either using another open source anon tech or fork Drk and start fresh.

The large mining at the start, block reward change midway and name is proving too big a burden to overcome. It's baggage that someone will discard. That's why Drk may have the best tech but the market is selling it off. The market is betting against Drk. That is a fact.

'The market' is as I said is currently a very tiny group of (mostly) idiots. That's isn't a market anyone should be caring about.

The real market is out there in the big wide, the ones with real money who are crying out for a way of keeping that money private. They are the target demographic, not a few clowns with short attention spans in the crypto scene.
Exactly... bravo!

+1

Some of us are here because we believe in a real project with real objectives and a real and talented group of devs. This is a rollercoaster, if someone can't put up with it, please dump and leave the thread. This is not an easy game

“If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”
― Henry Ford

Fuck the markets, we are building something real here.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:06:17 PM

I personally think going closed is what is killing drk. The experts like AA are avoiding it and the whales did not react to RC4. Also markets will not form around closed source tech. There was a window to gain the support of the privacy community. Drk was leading that race.

Nothing is killing DRK.  Huh

It's a tiny and volatile market, currently filled with ADD lemmings, prices will fluctuate. Meanwhile clever people are getting on with building something amazing.

Anyone whining about the current price who isn't actively participating in some way to add value to the DRK ecosystem should really shut the fuck up, it isn't anyone else's job to give you a free lunch.
The current price is a signal. Ignore at your peril. The market does not like Drk as currently formulated.

You think I'm getting a free lunch? I invested in Drk. The price drop surprised me. I'm being factual about what happened. No amount of wishful thinking or new tech is going to get whales investing when they did not invest after RC4.

At some point Drk will be forced to open source but by that time the market will have moved on. They will be either using another open source anon tech or fork Drk and start fresh.

The large mining at the start, block reward change midway and name is proving too big a burden to overcome. It's baggage that someone will discard. That's why Drk may have the best tech but the market is selling it off. The market is betting against Drk. That is a fact.
with all respect,  we can agree that this is in your own personal opinion right?  Everyone has a view point and are just as passionate about  their views.   Again... this is not my coin... this is Evan's coin.  We are free to believe or not believe that its being developed in the right manner.  Ultimately if you dont believe in the coins fundamentals and how its being managed then you don't  need to participate,  wither its right or wrong,  correct?  
Yes. But the coin is dying and there is a tiny window to save it by creating a Btc mixing service to get new Btc into the coin. Do it while the marketcap is large enough to handle decent volume.
again sir,  with all respect,  this is your own personal observation of the situation...  I see it differently and many others probably see it differently from.  Me.   I believe you and i would agree that one problem here is the official communication.   I think we could start with a few people being picked as forum moderators/spokesman to monitor this thread and pass on official information to the mases.   Darkcoin ambassadors  
I helped out early in RC4 by reporting darksend round = 1 bug and temp solution. Also, I have always said rc4 works. I even tried to tell camo to downgrade his ubuntu. And i pointed out the stat error calc to darth piggie. Overall, I think the devs have a plan of delivery but I suspect the market has lost its patience. A drastic change of plan is needed. Until that happens, things will be rocky.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:07:04 PM

While I agree a BTC mixing service would bring tons of volume and market acceptance to darkcoin, I don't understand how you would get anonymous bitcoin out the other side. Exchanges do not provide sufficient anonymity when exchanging DRK for BTC. How would that work?

And what's the point anyway? As soon as you spend those BTC they're traceable straight back to you unless you jump through a lot of hoops. Why not just use DRK, that's what it's for.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:07:53 PM

@ozziecoin Youve made your point clear I am sure Evan will take all opinions into consideration, but youve been repeating yourself since yesterday so I will respectfully put you in my ignore list until you have something new to contribute.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:08:09 PM

So if that's what you think needs doing, why not get off your arse and do it instead of moaning that nobody is doing it for you?
Ozziecoin.... that is your opinion... joe public doesnt know the difference between closed source,  pre-mined, ninja mined, ipo... what ever,  try explaining that to my parents and friends and their like, huh?   Joe public cares about utility.   Darkcoin will be opened sourced,  but that isnt the magic pill you think it is.   We voted back in February to keep the source closed till it was fully ready and ready for a full release,  not in beta or release candidates.   We still stand by that.... so for example if for you its a deal breaker and others... so be it and possibly when its development is completed you may want to join in if it has utility for you once its open sourced... or maybe you won't.  its free choice.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:08:17 PM

While I agree a BTC mixing service would bring tons of volume and market acceptance to darkcoin, I don't understand how you would get anonymous bitcoin out the other side. Exchanges do not provide sufficient anonymity when exchanging DRK for BTC. How would that work?
Don't ID yourself with Btc exchange.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:09:39 PM

Ozziecoin.... that is your opinion... joe public doesnt know the difference between closed source,  pre-mined, ninja mined, ipo... what ever,  try explaining that to my parents and friends and their like, huh?   Joe public cares about utility.   Darkcoin will be opened sourced,  but that isnt the magic pill you think it is.   We voted back in February to keep the source closed till it was fully ready and ready for a full release,  not in beta or release candidates.   We still stand by that.... so for example if for you its a deal breaker and others... so be it and possibly when its development is completed you may want to join in if it has utility for you.
So be it. I did my bit to bring this matter up.

KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:10:14 PM

And what's the point anyway? As soon as you spend those BTC they're traceable straight back to you unless you jump through a lot of hoops. Why not just use DRK, that's what it's for.

Totally agreed but i can't do that now. Is there any way to bootstrap merchant acceptance?
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:10:58 PM

You guys don't have enough purchasing power to stabilise coin value. Fresh money is needed.

drkwarrior

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

+1 mr crouton

benthach f u troll xc bagholding loser.

Since last week dyleziczombie ( friend of ozzie) has dissapeard with funds, he could be dumping other peoples coins and rebuying more for himself and ozz.
ozz we have heard your opinions, we respected you, but now you are trolling by repeating the same negative comments over and over for days, so ....fuck you, sell your drk and go buy xmr.

I still remember camo and splawik talking about selling a "few" drk to pay bills, camo was curious as to why spalwiks bills were so high...i think this may have panicked camo into dumping first..
camo is a fucking dick, lost his coins bullshit ,but they can appear on mintthere was no need to be a liar and ruin things for others. ghostplayer and many others offered help, but camo so full of shit he didnt need help.  . Complety destroyed this thread with his bullshit abusing anyone and everyone. He defo been dumping. I dont care about the dumpings from anyone , no matter how big, but why try to destroy the coins with constant fud....
Now if you dump your holdings most people move on to a new forum, if they stay here and troll for a few days after dumping it becomes obvious they are the ones who dumped and are looking to buy back in cheaper.

I really hope you guys never come back here, sell all your coins and fuck off to the next new thing.
Camo go wipe your arse with your GUVpaper then eat it!
KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:14:06 PM

But I don't trust that they are not logging my IP or browser fingerprint plus they have an email address on file for me.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:14:15 PM

Totally agreed but i can't do that now. Is there any way to bootstrap merchant acceptance?
well you can buy fine wines at our winery,  dry ciders,  and soon cognacs as well and have fine dining at our restaurant... and you can take mistress here and use darkcoin and the wife will never know...  Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:15:20 PM

it not just darkcoin being sold off but all anoncoins and alts/bitcoin in general.

the market will buy dark when all bugs are fixed 100% and it's proven stable for a few days/weeks. everyone is just waiting for the bottom to renter. look at the low volume.

the instamining issue was unfortunate but has worked itself out for months and i think we are seeing the last of those problems now with this last sell-off. evan seems to agree about the weak hands selling off.
the block reward change was very smart as so not to end up like litecoin which has unsustainable inflation.
anyone worried about those issues has already sold off or never bought in anyway.
you seem to be preparing to sell off and hope bitcoin can solve it's anon problems. it can't and we won't open source until the market is locked into darkcoin.
what other anon coins are even in the same league as darkcoin?

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
KryptoFoo

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:19:48 PM

"Even the truest of true believers can feel like a bag holder at the wrong moment"
           - KryptoFoo, 2014

This too shall pass. Tough days but best to sit on your hands. Do not be tempted to sell for something else. We have bright days ahead for darkcoin.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:21:49 PM

it not just darkcoin being sold off but all anoncoins and alts/bitcoin in general.

the market will buy dark when all bugs are fixed 100% and it's proven stable for a few days/weeks. everyone is just waiting for the bottom to renter. look at the low volume.

the instamining issue was unfortunate but has worked itself out for months and i think we are seeing the last of those problems now with this last sell-off. evan seems to agree about the weak hands selling off.
the block reward change was very smart as so not to end up like litecoin which has unsustainable inflation.
anyone worried about those issues has already sold off or never bought in anyway.
you seem to be preparing to sell off and hope bitcoin can solve it's anon problems. it can't and we won't open source until the market is locked into darkcoin.
what other anon coins are even in the same league as darkcoin?
XMR has problems but is anon. Dark Wallet will be coming. Dark had advantages but none of them are lasting without market acceptance. You need guys like AA behind it.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:23:01 PM

-We need to do xyz because the sky is falling!

-OK go do it then.

-I can't because the sky is falling!

Roll Eyes

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:23:31 PM

But I don't trust that they are not logging my IP or browser fingerprint plus they have an email address on file for me.
Use tor, vpn and fresh email.

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 04:26:24 PM

Ok, sorry to have bothered all and sundry. See you guys in another thread. I hope Drk recovers. Good luck.

Pages: « 1 ... 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 [2689] 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: