Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:43:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 [2688] 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:41:05 PM

I personally think going closed is what is killing drk. The experts like AA are avoiding it and the whales did not react to RC4. Also markets will not form around closed source tech. There was a window to gain the support of the privacy community. Drk was leading that race.

Nothing is killing DRK.  Huh

It's a tiny and volatile market, currently filled with ADD lemmings, prices will fluctuate. Meanwhile clever people are getting on with building something amazing.

Anyone whining about the current price who isn't actively participating in some way to add value to the DRK ecosystem should really shut the fuck up, it isn't anyone else's job to give you a free lunch.
The current price is a signal. Ignore at your peril. The market does not like Drk as currently formulated.

You think I'm getting a free lunch? I invested in Drk. The price drop surprised me. I'm being factual about what happened. No amount of wishful thinking or new tech is going to get whales investing when they did not invest after RC4.

At some point Drk will be forced to open source but by that time the market will have moved on. They will be either using another open source anon tech or fork Drk and start fresh.

The large mining at the start, block reward change midway and name is proving too big a burden to overcome. It's baggage that someone will discard. That's why Drk may have the best tech but the market is selling it off. The market is betting against Drk. That is a fact.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:43:00 PM

Anyone whining about the current price who isn't actively participating in some way to add value to the DRK ecosystem should really shut the fuck up, it isn't anyone else's job to give you a free lunch.
And in there lies what must be totally frustrating,  annoying and just down rightanger inducing for Evan and our team.   We have arm chair loud mouths that arent contributing a single ounce to this project and expect us members of the dark community to make them rich... and imto boot if its not done in their time line,  and not in the way they approve.... they spew shit on everyone and scream that its all shit.  

Make this known.... if you dont contribute... you dont deserve to make money from here,  let alone get rich. There's a souo kitchen down  the road from here... you'll have better luck there.

PS... not talking about Ozziecoin here by the way.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:44:44 PM

i'm a former xc troll that dumped and i'm now trolling for StealthCoin and will soon dump and move to the next pump and dump.
reported to moderator as advertising spam.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:44:55 PM

StealthCoin is the first to have TOR implemented before release, so the coin is not base on HYPE like the scam Darkcoin. also, StealthCoin is going to be the first coin to have anon work correctly, as intended.

The TOR project is openly owned and funded by the US government, who also run most of the exit nodes. Good luck with your cunning plan!
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:45:53 PM

Darkcoin needs to be put out there the way it should, capitalize on it's name, let the public know that there is an alternative to cash, without all the hassles that cash requires and still being completely anonymous.. Many people thought bitcoin had a funny name and Bitcoin only came to light from Silk Road(an underground marketplace), hell many of the public today think that Bitcoin is illegal money...
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:49:34 PM

I personally think going closed is what is killing drk. The experts like AA are avoiding it and the whales did not react to RC4. Also markets will not form around closed source tech. There was a window to gain the support of the privacy community. Drk was leading that race.

It's a tiny and volatile market, currently filled with ADD lemmings, prices will fluctuate. Meanwhile clever people are getting on with building something amazing.

The current price is a signal. Ignore at your peril. The market does not like Drk as currently formulated.

You think I'm getting a free lunch? I invested in Drk. The price drop surprised me. I'm being factual about what happened. No amount of wishful thinking or new tech is going to get whales investing when they did not invest after RC4.

At some point Drk will be forced to open source but by that time the market will have moved on. They will be either using another open source anon tech or fork Drk and start fresh.

The large mining at the start, block reward change midway and name is proving too big a burden to overcome. It's baggage that someone will discard. That's why Drk may have the best tech but the market is selling it off. The market is betting against Drk. That is a fact.
with all respect,  we can agree that this is in your own personal opinion right?  Everyone has a view point and are just as passionate about  their views.   Again... this is not my coin... this is Evan's coin.  We are free to believe or not believe that its being developed in the right manner.  Ultimately if you dont believe in the coins fundamentals and how its being managed then you don't  need to participate,  wither its right or wrong,  correct?  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:50:48 PM

'The market' is as I said is currently a very tiny group of (mostly) idiots. That's not a market anyone should be caring about.

The real market is out there in the big wide, the ones with real money who are crying out for a way of keeping that money private. They are the target demographic, not a few clowns with short attention spans in the crypto scene.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:51:58 PM

with all respect,  we can agree that this is in your own personal opinion right?  Everyone has a view point and are just as passionate about  their views.   Again... this is not my coin... this is Evan's coin.  We are free to believe or not believe that its being developed in the right manner.  Ultimately if you dont believe in the coins fundamentals and how its being managed then you don't  need to participate,  wither its right or wrong,  correct?  
Yes. But the coin is dying and there is a tiny window to save it by creating a Btc mixing service to get new Btc into the coin. Do it while the marketcap is large enough to handle decent volume.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:52:08 PM

'The market' is as I said is currently a very tiny group of (mostly) idiots. That's isn't a market anyone should be caring about.

The real market is out there in the big wide, the ones with real money who are crying out for a way of keeping that money private. They are the target demographic, not a few clowns with short attention spans in the crypto scene.
Exactly... bravo!

TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:52:50 PM

For those who hadn't guessed already, while all this panic is going on the big players are gleefully filling up their hungry wallets with cheap DRK.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/a-sliver-of-hope-big-guys-still-buying.2060/

Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:54:05 PM

'The market' is as I said is currently a very tiny group of (mostly) idiots. That's not a market anyone should be caring about.

The real market won't use a closed source anon tech solution. They can always use XMR.

Edit: I hold zero XMR.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:54:38 PM

Yes. But the coin is dying and there is a tiny window to save it by creating a Btc mixing service to get new Btc into the coin. Do it while the marketcap is large enough to handle decent volume.

So if that's what you think needs doing, why not get off your arse and do it instead of moaning that nobody is doing it for you?
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:56:10 PM

i'm a former xc troll that dumped and i'm now trolling for StealthCoin and will soon dump and move to the next pump and dump.
reported to moderator as advertising spam.

I still own XC and StealthCoin, never go Darkcoin, never. Darkcoin dev don't know what he's doing, his scam of darkwallet/coinjoin getting too big.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:56:30 PM

So if that's what you think needs doing, why not get off your arse and do it instead of moaning that nobody is doing it for you?
Because the market is avoiding Drk like Ebola due to it being closed source.

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 03:58:25 PM

again sir,  with all respect,  this is your own personal observation of the situation...  I see it differently and many others probably see it differently from.  Me.   I believe you and i would agree that one problem here is the official communication.   I think we could start with a few people being picked as forum moderators/spokesman to monitor this thread and pass on official information to the mases.   Darkcoin ambassadors  

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:58:36 PM

The real market won't use a closed source anon tech solution. They can always use XMR.

DRK will be open sourced when it's ready, that has always been the plan. XMR doesn't qualify as competition, it's a copycoin by talentless oafs who couldn't build a simple GUI for four months. That's utterly pathetic given the tools freely available.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:01:57 PM

What got into you ? You repeat open source, closed source like a mantra. That's only your opinion, the dev team is not working to respect your own schedule, if you don't like it you can sell at any time.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:02:24 PM

If this was the case then the project would have been dead from the start.  You are falling victim to the trap laid by the whales and traders.  Look at number of bids  -- the coin is not "dead".  The fundamentals haven't changed and no other coin has better tech that not a pita due to issues (cryptonote).  I recommend that you stop looking at the market and come back in a month.
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:02:36 PM

While I agree a BTC mixing service would bring tons of volume and market acceptance to darkcoin, I don't understand how you would get anonymous bitcoin out the other side. Exchanges do not provide sufficient anonymity when exchanging DRK for BTC. How would that work?
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:03:49 PM

Quote from: troll
StealthCoin
Quote from: troll
TOR

Pages: « 1 ... 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 [2688] 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: