Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:55:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 [2731] 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
bitcoinsid

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:13:53 PM

so........ drk price is down...dont care, mn's are set up and even if the price drops another 50% im still making more coin everyday than an asic ;-)
guys get ready for....       Shocked 30% masternode payments Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinsid

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:20:41 PM

After predicting the DRK price implosion just weeks ago (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8073765#msg8073765), I have another prediction to make. I take no pleasure in saying this but I hope that those who didn't take my advice before will listen this time and save themselves some money. DRK will never again approach its previous price. The reason is that it does not provide an attractive practical solution for those who seek anonymity (relative to BTC used in conjunction with mixers). Even if it does function perfectly on a technical level, the fact remains that moving BTC into DRK generally requires dealing with an exchange that will be forced to compromise privacy as the result of increased regulations. And once you have your DRK, where are you going to spend it? There is no DRK ecosystem to speak of. BTC has hundreds of millions being invested into an infrastructure to stimulate mass adoption. If you truly wanted to be anonymous, wouldn't you want to be lost in the crowd along with regular consumers as opposed to being potentially linked to a currency inadvertently branded as the go-to solution for drug dealers, paedophiles, and tax-dodgers? In front of a jury, what's more incriminating: evidence that you had a BTC wallet on your computer like everybody else including your aunt Bertha...or that you had a sinisterly-named DarkCoin Wallet on there? I would short DRK if I knew how but I have zero skin in the game. Save yourself some serious grief and at the very least don't dump more of your hard-earned money into this.

you ar right on everything you say about btc however....
Btce and many exchanges are and will be unregulated.
btc is awesome but the biggest thing that scares investors is....visible balance and transaction history to anyone. Then add another killer blow by telling the investor that their ip address is also easy to uncover so your balance,history and postcode is visible to anyone who wants to check. These are truths i must tell to anyone i know who wants to buy btc.
M1SHO

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:20:47 PM

Hey, can somebody tell me why Darkcoin is losing so much in value? Is darksend not working?

Tough question. If we leave conspiracy theories alone, I think it was because some people expected a rally after RC4, and when it didn't happen, they got frustrated and decided to sell (which led itself to downward spiral where more people wanted out because price was falling).

And why there was no rally after RC4? Partly because it was already priced in, and partly because it was unclear whether it's working or not if you were only reading this thread, which most buyer candidates are probably reading. If you were on the testnet testing and reading bug tracker etc you knew what to expect, but those people already have bought all the drk they could possibly need ages ago. So I bet it was very confusing time (and still probably is) for those deciding on whether to invest or not.

What is needed imo is a bullet proof UI/UX design that makes it impossible to not understand what's going on or make anything that might interfere the initial anonymizing process. When that is done, PR machine can start recruiting new blood, not before.
It was just not the proper time for announce RC4 with this BTC crash .

The World's First Gold-Backed Crypto Currency INNcoin - http://4thjulycoin.com/
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:23:16 PM

I like this price, New investor. Can anyone give me a quick breakdown on where you guys are at. Very attractive price, May throw some coins at this

Most developed anon coin with the best "Network advantage" at least the most popular one. Trades on Bitfinex with Bitcoin and Litecoin, had an article in wired magazine. Has more status than most competitors. Real dev using real name rather than hiding. I bought more for a long term hold, in the short run likely some volatility along with everything else, but one of the few that has a point to exist besides Bitcoin.

ignitiondefect

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:25:34 PM

After predicting the DRK price implosion just weeks ago (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8073765#msg8073765), I have another prediction to make. I take no pleasure in saying this but I hope that those who didn't take my advice before will listen this time and save themselves some money. DRK will never again approach its previous price. The reason is that it does not provide an attractive practical solution for those who seek anonymity (relative to BTC used in conjunction with mixers). Even if it does function perfectly on a technical level, the fact remains that moving BTC into DRK generally requires dealing with an exchange that will be forced to compromise privacy as the result of increased regulations. And once you have your DRK, where are you going to spend it? There is no DRK ecosystem to speak of. BTC has hundreds of millions being invested into an infrastructure to stimulate mass adoption. If you truly wanted to be anonymous, wouldn't you want to be lost in the crowd along with regular consumers as opposed to being potentially linked to a currency inadvertently branded as the go-to solution for drug dealers, paedophiles, and tax-dodgers? In front of a jury, what's more incriminating: evidence that you had a BTC wallet on your computer like everybody else including your aunt Bertha...or that you had a sinisterly-named DarkCoin Wallet on there? I would short DRK if I knew how but I have zero skin in the game. Save yourself some serious grief and at the very least don't dump more of your hard-earned money into this.

Shh

Logic is frowned upon in this thread.

That's unfortunate if true. The great thing about the open exchange of ideas in the free market is that if your opinion lacks validity, it won't withstand a logical challenge from others. Its the mark of a strong community or organization that it welcomes dissenting voices and encourages spirited debate.

My view is that you need to look at any product (including a cryptocurrency) from the point of view of the consumer. In the case of DRK, the value proposition is purported to be anonymity. Therefore, put yourselves in the shoes of the people who most value anonymity and ask yourself if DRK is the solution that you would use. It clearly isn't.  
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:29:18 PM

what's more incriminating: evidence that you had a BTC wallet on your computer like everybody else including your aunt Bertha...or that you had a sinisterly-named DarkCoin Wallet on there? I would short DRK if I knew how but I have zero skin in the game. Save yourself some serious grief and at the very least don't dump more of your hard-earned money into this.

What's more incriminating, being named Brandon or David? Prosecutors don't press charges based on the name of applications you use, nor do juries render verdicts based on the same.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ignitiondefect

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:36:08 PM

what's more incriminating: evidence that you had a BTC wallet on your computer like everybody else including your aunt Bertha...or that you had a sinisterly-named DarkCoin Wallet on there? I would short DRK if I knew how but I have zero skin in the game. Save yourself some serious grief and at the very least don't dump more of your hard-earned money into this.

What's more incriminating, being named Brandon or David? Prosecutors don't press charges based on the name of applications you use, nor do juries render verdicts based on the same.

Juries are composed of fallible human beings, who are swayed by many things, including the gender, race and appearance of the defendant. Prosecutors know this, as do defense lawyers. To say that a jury wouldn't likely be swayed by a DarkCoin wallet is like saying they wouldn't likely be swayed in a tax evasion case by the revelation that the defendant possessed a Panamanian bank account under an assumed name.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:40:07 PM

Possible eruption developing under the glacier in Iceland.

Could be the cause of DRK's recent dip.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

Juries are composed of fallible human beings, who are swayed by many things, including the gender, race and appearance of the defendant. Prosecutors know this, as do defense lawyers. To say that a jury wouldn't likely be swayed by a DarkCoin wallet is like saying they wouldn't likely be swayed in a tax evasion case by the revelation that the defendant possessed a Panamanian bank account under an assumed name.

And like I said, Bruno would therefore be a more dangerous name than Robert.

I'm afraid your argument is about as speculative as it gets.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:42:25 PM

yes but first can somebody please dump 10k coins or some more? thanks!
ignitiondefect

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:43:03 PM

"DRK's recent dip"? You sir are a master in the art of understatement. That's like calling the Great Depression the Little Dipper.
Freckleg

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:44:09 PM

"DRK's recent dip"? You sir are a master in the art of understatement. That's like calling the Great Depression the Little Dipper.

lol  Tongue
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211

I Believe

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:47:43 PM

Everyone is asking whats happening with DRK. Have they not noticed that BTC dipped to $309 last night? Every currency is affected, not just Dark. I just wish I had more Fiat to convert and invest in DRK right now.
ignitiondefect

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:49:43 PM

And like I said, Bruno would therefore be a more dangerous name than Robert.

I'm afraid your argument is about as speculative as it gets.

Then answer me this simple question: if you were being prosecuted for murder and had the choice of being named Bruno or Robert, which would you choose? I'd go with Robert.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:52:56 PM

Your concerns are certainly not without merit. I won't address your price prediction as illiquid crypto markets don't operate on LT outlook, but on short term hype and despair cycles almost solely controlled by large holders.

As to the rest of your remarks, I can only caution that none of us can be certain how all of this will turn out. Your post is very similar to those made about bitcoin itself only a year ago, and those criticisms still apply for the vast majority of people outside the BTC bubble.

With regard to converting between coins, I expect functional decentralized exchanges to minimize the need to rely on regulated, centralized entities. There are more than a few already close to offering real world utility.

Everything going on now is experimental and speculative, and to be sure, most projects will completely fail. This game certainly isn’t for the faint of heart, and no one should bet the farm on any one outcome, but there continues to be an incredible amount of money to be made while all of this plays out. I personally believe DRK still has a role to play, but to each his own.

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:56:45 PM

i just took a look at btc volume and saw that bitfinex has more than btc-e or bitstamp. It would be great to stimulate some drk volume on that exchange, there is a lot of btc flowing around there!! do you have to give your id when using bitfinex, like at bitstamp? or is it like btc-e? Im gonna make an account, but have noooo money to do anything there ;(

No, no identification unless you want to deposit / withdraw fiat funds.

bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 08:58:32 PM

Hey, can somebody tell me why Darkcoin is losing so much in value? Is darksend not working?

Tough question. If we leave conspiracy theories alone, I think it was because some people expected a rally after RC4, and when it didn't happen, they got frustrated and decided to sell (which led itself to downward spiral where more people wanted out because price was falling).

And why there was no rally after RC4? Partly because it was already priced in, and partly because it was unclear whether it's working or not if you were only reading this thread, which most buyer candidates are probably reading. If you were on the testnet testing and reading bug tracker etc you knew what to expect, but those people already have bought all the drk they could possibly need ages ago. So I bet it was very confusing time (and still probably is) for those deciding on whether to invest or not.

What is needed imo is a bullet proof UI/UX design that makes it impossible to not understand what's going on or make anything that might interfere the initial anonymizing process. When that is done, PR machine can start recruiting new blood, not before.
It was just not the proper time for announce RC4 with this BTC crash .
Yup...That will go down as the WORST time to release a new crypto project EVER!  lol.  wow...a crystal ball would have been nice.   Tongue

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Freckleg

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:00:06 PM

i just took a look at btc volume and saw that bitfinex has more than btc-e or bitstamp. It would be great to stimulate some drk volume on that exchange, there is a lot of btc flowing around there!! do you have to give your id when using bitfinex, like at bitstamp? or is it like btc-e? Im gonna make an account, but have noooo money to do anything there ;(

No, no identification unless you want to deposit / withdraw fiat funds.

also better to stop the bots of mintpal. Lets setup a campaign to move all funds to bitfinex, we all start trading there. Gone from the other scam and shitcoins, gone from the pump and dump whales. Let start a campaign!! Everyone who is not trading on bitfinex before 1 September is a looooooserrrr ;-)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:00:10 PM

Tante's Darksend guide tweeted by Kristov.
Suntouri

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:00:29 PM

the price will raise soon, dark is a good altcoin
Pages: « 1 ... 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 2721 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 [2731] 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 2772 2773 2774 2775 2776 2777 2778 2779 2780 2781 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: