Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:30:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 [2721] 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:57:02 PM

The most annoying thing about this thread (and forums in general) is when people post an image with absolutely 0 context or explanation. We're not inside your head, tell us what we're looking at.

when someone is panic selling, someone smart is buying. They just, jeez, thanks for the cheap drks. lol

So now the dust has seemingly settled, what can we take away with a little hindsight?

Hacked coins getting dumped + someone taking advantage and loading up on DRK?

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
parker928

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:58:51 PM

wow I did not realize this was a self moderated topic that deletes posts it doesnt like
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:59:51 PM

wow I did not realize this was a self moderated topic that deletes posts it doesnt like

I isn't self moderated. The Bitcoin talk forum moderators occasionally delete things. Generally weird things?
rickraw

Activity: 387

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:00:03 PM

It isn't but btctalk is moderated and sometimes btctalk mods delete posts (from all threads not just DRK).

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
adjed

Activity: 400
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:01:00 PM

The most annoying thing about this thread (and forums in general) is when people post an image with absolutely 0 context or explanation. We're not inside your head, tell us what we're looking at.

when someone is panic selling, someone smart is buying. They just, jeez, thanks for the cheap drks. lol

Lol. That's a smart move buddy!

That's 500btc in a couple months right there.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:02:37 PM

Crypto is taking a bloodbath across the board, and has been for days. That's part of the problem. Another part of the problem is communication. I understand and agree that Evan needs to be coding, but perhaps one of the other devs could communicate with eltito and get some official stuff posted. Namely, I believe, in this order:

1) What bugs/problems/issues are still out there with respect to RC4? Which are the most important to fix, and what is the timeline (approximate, not exact)?  You can see all the issues reported here: http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel and they've been prioritized.
2) Post-mortem of the RC4 release. How things could be improved for RC5, any unexpected problems or successes, etc. Help people understand just how complex a release of this magnitude is, and let them know that if there were any avoidable problems, that you've learned from them.  I don't think we have mortem, LOL.  It's working very well for the vast majority of people without issue.  In fact there is talk on the forum of diving in and enforcing masternode payments.  What the heck, the price is in the dumps anyway, lets do it!
3) Which "problems" aren't really bugs but still need to be addressed, and how will they be addressed (e.g. necessity of making new backups due to the keypool increasing, and frequency of these backups).  Again, see that link, all the issues are posted and prioritized.
4) Overall health of the network and possible timeline on enforcement (We also a great deal of clarity about how much testing enforcement has gone through and exactly what it entails. I think a lot of people--likely myself included--don't really completely understand how the "spork" method actually works.) There is talk of doing it soon, not sure if developers agree though?  This time, it is the masternodes that will enforce and if blocks are found by non-paying miners, their blocks will be rejected until one that's playing fair finds the block.  Really, we need a good majority of everyone running RC4 before we pull the trigger.  Last I read, with all things included, it looks like we have 68% compliance.
5) Update, if any, on the Kristov review.  He is communicating exclusively with Evan.  Whatever he finds, he reports to Evan.  When he has finished his review, and given it to Evan, they will then let us know.  This is to prevent any learning curve or misunderstanding from being posted and becoming a huge issue in the community when it's not.  I'm sure Kristov will be thorough and he is probably already helping Evan with issues he sees?
6) Plans for RC5, the exciting announcement Evan hinted at, etc.  No idea, but it'll be fun to find out!

I believe we have a rock solid dev team and the fundamentals are sound. We just need to buckle down and keep doing what we're doing, get a little communication rolling, and the market will eventually see what we've got and price it accordingly.

I just did a tutorial on coinbrief.net on the Darkcoin wallet.  I hope it helps people overcome fear of using it.  It's really not hard to use, and gives you a lot of information.  I think once people understand what all the information means and how to get to it, they will see that it's actually quite simple and give it a try.  I'm waiting for the tutorial to be approved then I'll post a link Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Dusty11

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:05:19 PM

Hows camosoul?
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:07:25 PM

Hows camosoul?
In the company of sordid women, last we heard.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:09:58 PM

Hows camosoul?
In the company of sordid women, last we heard.

Definitely what he needed Smiley  sordid women are the soul keepers of the world  Cheesy

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:10:28 PM

Crypto is taking a bloodbath across the board, and has been for days. That's part of the problem. Another part of the problem is communication. I understand and agree that Evan needs to be coding, but perhaps one of the other devs could communicate with eltito and get some official stuff posted. Namely, I believe, in this order:

1) What bugs/problems/issues are still out there with respect to RC4? Which are the most important to fix, and what is the timeline (approximate, not exact)?  You can see all the issues reported here: http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel and they've been prioritized.
2) Post-mortem of the RC4 release. How things could be improved for RC5, any unexpected problems or successes, etc. Help people understand just how complex a release of this magnitude is, and let them know that if there were any avoidable problems, that you've learned from them.  I don't think we have mortem, LOL.  It's working very well for the vast majority of people without issue.  In fact there is talk on the forum of diving in and enforcing masternode payments.  What the heck, the price is in the dumps anyway, lets do it!
3) Which "problems" aren't really bugs but still need to be addressed, and how will they be addressed (e.g. necessity of making new backups due to the keypool increasing, and frequency of these backups).  Again, see that link, all the issues are posted and prioritized.
4) Overall health of the network and possible timeline on enforcement (We also a great deal of clarity about how much testing enforcement has gone through and exactly what it entails. I think a lot of people--likely myself included--don't really completely understand how the "spork" method actually works.) There is talk of doing it soon, not sure if developers agree though?  This time, it is the masternodes that will enforce and if blocks are found by non-paying miners, their blocks will be rejected until one that's playing fair finds the block.  Really, we need a good majority of everyone running RC4 before we pull the trigger.  Last I read, with all things included, it looks like we have 68% compliance.
5) Update, if any, on the Kristov review.  He is communicating exclusively with Evan.  Whatever he finds, he reports to Evan.  When he has finished his review, and given it to Evan, they will then let us know.  This is to prevent any learning curve or misunderstanding from being posted and becoming a huge issue in the community when it's not.  I'm sure Kristov will be thorough and he is probably already helping Evan with issues he sees?
6) Plans for RC5, the exciting announcement Evan hinted at, etc.  No idea, but it'll be fun to find out!

I believe we have a rock solid dev team and the fundamentals are sound. We just need to buckle down and keep doing what we're doing, get a little communication rolling, and the market will eventually see what we've got and price it accordingly.

I just did a tutorial on coinbrief.net on the Darkcoin wallet.  I hope it helps people overcome fear of using it.  It's really not hard to use, and gives you a lot of information.  I think once people understand what all the information means and how to get to it, they will see that it's actually quite simple and give it a try.  I'm waiting for the tutorial to be approved then I'll post a link Smiley

Hey Tante
I do NOT understand this link you posted,
can you explain that a bit please ?!
Tx
http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:13:24 PM

Tx Tante
no worries

I just figured it out, interesting ....>>
SoapMaker

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:14:48 PM

WOW, BobSurplus & Shojayxt  & other filth:  read 'em & weep.
I am the first person to actually have their post deleted.
That's right, now matter how much hate & garbage you guys spewed in this thread,
I, who LOVE darkcoin, support it incessantly & run a MN have had my post wiped from history.

It was even deleted from the ConspiracyCoin thread, where it was most certainly NOT off-topic.
I've asked the ConspiracyCoin dev to have it re-instated.

Well done whoever reported me, I now hold a record I'd rather not hold...
I suppose it was off-topic. My apologies if I offended anyone. LOL
Good Luck with your Ebola vaccine, don't ever say I didn't try to help...
Forgive me, I forgive you.
Life goes on...

This corporate empire of three city states controls the world economically through London’s inner city, militarily through the District of Columbia, and spiritually through the Vatican
                 http://youtu.be/C1pkJaNbzLU              https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-launch.2033/                      http://conspiracycoin.org/                          
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:16:35 PM

Stef, thank you, and this is exactly the kind of thing I wish somebody official would let us know. I knew for instance there was a bug tracker, but had no idea there was a prioritization list.

I love the idea of MNs doing enforcement--that's genius. I would like to hear from a dev as to a realistic percentage of the network that is required in order for enforcement to succeed. Obviously we would like 90%+, but can we do it with less? Theoretically anything safely over 51% should work, correct? 68% isn't ideal, but should be workable, especially with advance notice?

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:18:29 PM

For anyone who's unsatisfied with post moderation, let me give you a brief explanation of how it works.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:19:25 PM

Force payments, and make it 42% while you're at it.  Wink

At these prices no one can't complain about not being able to afford a masternode.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:19:37 PM

Hey Tante
I do NOT understand this link you posted,
can you explain that a bit please ?!
Tx
http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel

Yes, it's just a project bug tracking site. 

I'm actually not sure what the first type of issue is but I kind of suspect something was incorrectly set up on the first two issues (Blocker)

Then we have 1 critical issue, 6 major issues, 10 minor issues and 1 trivial issue.  I have a couple of issues I need to put in, a misspelling and the organizational explorer in the coin control window.  Actually, they might already be in there?

So all  you have to do is click on one of the types, such as critical, and then click on the title of one of the issues (usually a brief description) and then you can read what the person reported.  Under that, if it's been addressed, you can read what happened and how it was resolved.

Hope that helped.  If any investor or anyone wants to know where things stand regarding issues and bugs, this is the place to go for up to date information.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:20:40 PM

Tx Tante
no worries

I just figured it out, interesting ....>>

Hey, you better read my post after all that typing!  ROFLMAO  Grin  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:23:42 PM

Ah, that ain't nuthin!  I've got 6 or 7 posts that were deleted!  LOL.  Don't let it get ya down, they just like to come in here n swing their weight around once in a while Wink  BTW, most of 'em deserved to be deleted, LOL

LOL, Brilliantrocket !

Hey, the thread seem rather upbeat and nice this morning!  Maybe the trolls feel sorry for us?  LOL

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:25:16 PM

Guess I was wrong about the bottom being in.  Hahah. 

Still buying...
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:26:38 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan

I think that all week hands are gone !

I'm pretty sure a few strong hands sold too!

I agree. I don't mean to criticize because Evan has done an amazing job, but in my opinion a comment like that is borderline irresponsible. At least say "we'll make an announcement once things settle down in a few days" or something like that. Basically saying that you're withholding information in order to force "bad" people to sell? I don't know, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Then again, maybe he knows something we don't. Perhaps there's a particular one or group of "weak hands" who are causing real issues.

His wording was not the best, but it was a good decision to wait.  If he had made the announcement over the weekend it would have been like pissing into the wind. The marketcap for crypto as a whole is down like 2 billion in recent days. Evan could have said that DRK now magically has NSA/CIA proof anonymity levels all vetted by AA -- and DRK would have still likely taken a hit.  Right now is a historicity bad time for all currencies.

The words "once things settle down in a few days" would have been better, but in reality Evan's post was neither here nor there regarding DRK's current valuation.  
Pages: « 1 ... 2671 2672 2673 2674 2675 2676 2677 2678 2679 2680 2681 2682 2683 2684 2685 2686 2687 2688 2689 2690 2691 2692 2693 2694 2695 2696 2697 2698 2699 2700 2701 2702 2703 2704 2705 2706 2707 2708 2709 2710 2711 2712 2713 2714 2715 2716 2717 2718 2719 2720 [2721] 2722 2723 2724 2725 2726 2727 2728 2729 2730 2731 2732 2733 2734 2735 2736 2737 2738 2739 2740 2741 2742 2743 2744 2745 2746 2747 2748 2749 2750 2751 2752 2753 2754 2755 2756 2757 2758 2759 2760 2761 2762 2763 2764 2765 2766 2767 2768 2769 2770 2771 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: