Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:44:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4151 4152 4153 4154 4155 4156 4157 4158 4159 4160 4161 4162 4163 4164 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 4170 4171 4172 4173 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 [4201] 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722500 times)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:56:42 PM

lol, comparing the name to washing deterigent is as stupid as comparing Apple to the fruit. It's the product(s) and service(s) underneath the brand that actually matter.

Well, for English native speakers, "apple" the fruit and "Apple" the company might sound the same, but the washing detergent is called "Dash" globally. Also notice the capitalization: Dash the washing detergent and Dash the currency vs. apple the fruit and Apple the company

Apple is called Apple globally, what's your argument?

My point is:

- Apple is a global brand owned by Apple Inc. apple is an English noun for a certain type of fruit.
- Dash is a global brand owned by Procter & Gamble.

When Darkcoin wants to be the global brand named "Dash", there will be be at least some confusion.

Also, the point of my post was to make a different suggestion, namely D-Cash. It makes for nicer wordplay (D-Day!) and is very hard to mis-interpret

It is hard to make the claim that the general public will in any way confuse a laundry detergent for a cryptocurrency.  Also, there are numerous other uses of the mark DASH which haven't been contested by P&G.  

We consulted with attorneys to ensure that we are able to rebrand this crypto to DASH without issue.  We've taken the initial steps towards a rebrand, but there is still much more to do.

I should bring up a situation that I came across which highlights the need for a rebrand.  I was at recently at a dinner with the CEO of Expresscoin (whom added Darkcoin months ago as per my suggestion).  He directly informed me that he'd been getting pressure from his investors to drop Darkcoin as they were worried about the legal scrutiny it could bring Expresscoin.  I asked him to hold off for a bit before doing anything as there would be some announcements made, to which he agreed.  So as you can see, Darkcoins problems are a lot like racism.  You show up for endless interviews and everyone seems nice but you can't understand why you never get hired.  Evan has done a fantastic job of pushing out features which are important to users and will clearly lead to consumer adoption.  The problem is that this is meaningless if there is little to no adoption on the merchant side.  A rebrand helps balance this issue.

With a rebrand we can reach out to industries that previously wouldn't consider using Darkcoin due to the fact that Dark is often associated with something sinister.  A good example of this is the medicinal marijuana industry.  They have massive problems because MMJ is illegal on a federal level but not on the state level.  As a result, banks are completely unwilling to work with them.  This industry is desperate for a solution and using crypto / DASH should be an easy sell, creating a HUGE opportunity for us.  However, consider this: As a dispensary whom already has considerable legal scrutiny, would you be willing to take a risk and start doing business using a cryptocurrency named Darkcoin?  This shows how important the brand is, and how we really need to consider what is on the horizon and where we want to go from here.  

questions : those investors that now shy away from Darkcoin due to its often association with ''something sinister'' and due to the worried legal scrutiny it could bring
from authorities .. wouldnt that also apply to Darkcoin's core function : the mixing of inputs so tracing will be extremely difficult? What if we indeed change the name
to DASH only to find out its really our core function (darksend) thats causing investors to shy away from Darkcoin ? By then we will have lost a great deal of name regnonition and will find ourself in a position struggling for marketcap with all those other altcoin's (all those 100's of altcoins ... who are already ahead with name regnonition).      

All reference to "Dark"  will need to be changed, that includes "Dark"send and the ticker "DRK"
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:56:48 PM

Ok, chaps and chapesses.

We've been here before, several times.

Leave you to it.

If the powers that be have already given this thought, got legal advice, etc. You're probably just wearing out your keyboard and increasing your blood pressure.

PM the first person who launches Darkcoin, the Darkcoin clone.  Grin

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:58:34 PM

lol, comparing the name to washing deterigent is as stupid as comparing Apple to the fruit. It's the product(s) and service(s) underneath the brand that actually matter.

Well, for English native speakers, "apple" the fruit and "Apple" the company might sound the same, but the washing detergent is called "Dash" globally. Also notice the capitalization: Dash the washing detergent and Dash the currency vs. apple the fruit and Apple the company

My point is:

- Apple is a global brand owned by Apple Inc. apple is an English noun for a certain type of fruit.

When Darkcoin wants to be the global brand named "Dash", there will be be at least some confusion.

Also, the point of my post was to make a different suggestion, namely D-Cash. It makes for nicer wordplay (D-Day!) and is very hard to mis-interpret

It is hard to make the claim that the general public will in any way confuse a laundry detergent for a cryptocurrency.  Also, there are numerous other uses of the mark DASH which haven't been contested by P&G.  

We consulted with attorneys to ensure that we are able to rebrand this crypto to DASH without issue.  We've taken the initial steps towards a rebrand, but there is still much more to do.

I should bring up a situation that I came across which highlights the need for a rebrand.  I was at recently at a dinner with the CEO of Expresscoin (whom added Darkcoin months ago as per my suggestion).  He directly informed me that he'd been getting pressure from his investors to drop Darkcoin as they were worried about the legal scrutiny it could bring Expresscoin.  I asked him to hold off for a bit before doing anything as there would be some announcements made, to which he agreed.  So as you can see, Darkcoins problems are a lot like racism.  You show up for endless interviews and everyone seems nice but you can't understand why you never get hired.  Evan has done a fantastic job of pushing out features which are important to users and will clearly lead to consumer adoption.  The problem is that this is meaningless if there is little to no adoption on the merchant side.  A rebrand helps balance this issue.

With a rebrand we can reach out to industries that previously wouldn't consider using Darkcoin due to the fact that Dark is often associated with something sinister.  A good example of this is the medicinal marijuana industry.  They have massive problems because MMJ is illegal on a federal level but not on the state level.  As a result, banks are completely unwilling to work with them.  This industry is desperate for a solution and using crypto / DASH should be an easy sell, creating a HUGE opportunity for us.  However, consider this: As a dispensary whom already has considerable legal scrutiny, would you be willing to take a risk and start doing business using a cryptocurrency named Darkcoin?  This shows how important the brand is, and how we really need to consider what is on the horizon and where we want to go from here.  

questions : those investors that now shy away from Darkcoin due to its often association with ''something sinister'' and due to the worried legal scrutiny it could bring
from authorities .. wouldnt that also apply to Darkcoin's core function : the mixing of inputs so tracing will be extremely difficult? What if we indeed change the name
to DASH only to find out its really our core function (darksend) thats causing investors to shy away from Darkcoin ? By then we will have lost a great deal of name regnonition and will find ourself in a position struggling for marketcap with all those other altcoin's (all those 100's of altcoins ... who are already ahead with name regnonition).      

All reference to "Dark"  will need to be changed, that includes "Dark"send and the ticker "DRK"

but doesnt it still be something sinister even if we change Darksend to DASH Send .. because of the mixing going on ?
in other words : are they perhaps publicly saying they find the name riskfull but its actually the core function (Darksend mixing)
that they feel could get them under legal scrutiny ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 10:58:51 PM

Ok, chaps and chapesses.

Leave you to it.

If the powers that be have already given this thought, got legal advice, etc. You're probably just wearing out your keyboard and increasing your blood pressure.

Not an option either, at least not in crypto,  Darkcoin will need to be tradmarked. They could launch a detergent called Darkcoin if they want though.  Grin
balu

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:00:44 PM

So Minotaur, is the decision final?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:00:59 PM

Ok, chaps and chapesses.

Leave you to it.

Not an option either, at least not in crypto,  Darkcoin will need to be tradmarked. They could launch a detergent called Darkcoin if they want though.  Grin

If my AMD 290s can mine it, count me in.

Detergent Coin. You might have something there. I reckon you'd clean up Grin
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:02:30 PM

selling domain darkco.in including ssl cert, if interested pm.
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:03:00 PM

Dump this shit..... some how the dark team always fucks up  Angry RC3 RC4 now a re branding fiasco devs and team members don't see eye to eye on

Edit charts were poised to either break up hard or down hard... smell the dumps and whats to say otoh doesnt hate this idea and pulls his walls? its good by darkcoin price
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:05:01 PM

Dump this shit..... some how the dark team always fucks up  Angry RC3 RC4 now a re branding fiasco devs and team members don't see eye to eye on

NICE

Cheap dash Guys Gogogo  Grin Grin
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:05:49 PM

My point is:

but doesnt it still be something sinister even if we change Darksend to DASH Send .. because of the mixing going on ?

Not really you would be surprise to see the weight the branding has over the substance of the product.  Going forward we can focus on Dash being more fungible than other solutions, etc.  It does make an enormous difference.   Another extremely important factor is that in China Darkcoin was translated as "Diavolo"  the Devil coin, no kidding,  and some potential opportunities there require a name change.  When we change names they will be forced to use a different Kanji and anything other than Devilcoin will be better.

In China there is a practice that is very important in business mian-tze or giving face, this means exalting the prestige of someone else by showing respect and allowing them to shine.  Adding the Devilcoin to your service wouldn't give you face, so the largest exchanges would be harder. As we change to Dash a new Kanji will be used, facilitating this process. We need to be culturally aware of non-Western markets.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:06:34 PM

Detergent Coin. You might have something there. I reckon you'd clean up Grin

rotfwl !

Man...that had me in stitches  Cheesy

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:06:50 PM

So Minotaur, is the decision final?

That is for Evan to answer I am just expressing my opinions, but I honestly hope it is.
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:07:00 PM

My point is:

I have talked with a few businesses that were reluctant to adopt us because of the name. This doesn't mean they will automatically adopt us if we change, but there will be one less obstacle. They are not worried about what Darkcoin does, they are ok with that. They are worried about what regulators and other diseases think Darkcoin does.

Truth is, we barely have any traction in dark markets. However, lazy journos (Fox News Texas) and law enforcers (Interpol) already believe we are the currency of choice for criminals. Business in crypto are already scared about regulation, so they don't want to attract unnecessary attention.
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:10:09 PM

So what was the point of the darkcoin foundation is they didn't get a vote or say?
crimi

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:15:49 PM

Thought it's cold and lonely in the deep dark night.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:21:02 PM

No troll, just wondering. Are you guys buying XMR?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:21:16 PM

Ok so Dash it is

Next topic please, let's get that video synced to the date of the rebranding
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:21:32 PM

That's low. That's so very low.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:21:40 PM

not really, are you ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 11:22:12 PM

Don't be so anglo-centric.

You heard - this was the end station without a name change. What do you want them to do ? Sit on their hands in the face of the increasingly deafening noise coming back from industry decision makers or do something about it ?

Edit charts were poised to either break up hard or down

What's the only barrier to them "breaking up" ? - Litecoin.

Why does Litecoin's position get sustained ? - Chinese fiat markets.

You want Chinese Fiat markets to take "Devil Coin" ? - Good luck  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 4151 4152 4153 4154 4155 4156 4157 4158 4159 4160 4161 4162 4163 4164 4165 4166 4167 4168 4169 4170 4171 4172 4173 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 [4201] 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: