Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:22:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 [4300] 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722499 times)
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:52:18 PM

Whether people like it or not the name change is the trigger for this... Whatever the tech, its all wrapped up in the brand, tech and community.. If google suddenly changed their name to wobble then it would cause some consternation, we are seeing the same...

If the new name does not work out, like other coins Dark will die.. I dont think that will happen, I subscribe to the more positive view, but the risks did just get greater and for some people those risks may not be ones they can tolerate.....

I dont think this is all down to traders....

Lets see what happens..

Oh I am loving this,  at these prices more people have access to creating masternodes. Below 3,000 dollars is great pricing I am getting ready to get a couple more MNs.  This way new interested investors can create their nodes and no one can say it was too expensive to invest, this is the chance for Average Joe to invest in nodes.

How much revenue does a masternode generate a month approx.?

I will answer you in terms of DASH ROI, the value in FIAT will of course depend on the price.

Requirements

In order to run a Masternode, an investor needs to buy 1000 DRK/DASH as collateral. These coins remain in control of the investor, but he needs to put them into one of his addresses and associate that address with the node.  The network checks that the node is running and that the funds are not moved, this classifies as a valid Masternode and then it is eligible to get paid.  With each mined block on the network a Masternode from the active Masternode list is selected and gets a payment, when all masternodes on the list are paid, the payment cycle starts again.
When there are updates in the software the Masternode operators have 7 days to update to the latest version, after that, they are dropped from the active Masternode list and stop getting paid until they update.

DASH ROI

You can estimate like this:

- Currently Masternodes get 40% of the block reward.

- The minimum block reward in DASH(DRK) is 4.65 DASH at this moment. I will assume difficulty is high enough so that we are dealing with the minimum reward for a worst case scenario situation, sometimes there are blocks with higher rewards. The minimum DASH block reward decreases by 7% annually to avoid abrupt block halvings, that already happened earlier this year so 4.65 DASH will be valid until next year.

- Average block-time in DASH is 2.5 min, so there are ~576 blocks per day. So 576*4.65DASH*40% = 1071.36 DASH alloted for the whole masternode network currently, we need to divide this by the 2300MN active masternodes. This gives us

~Monthly masternode income = 13.97 DASH
 ~Current Minimum DASH Annual ROI = 17%*

*This will change and go up throughout this year as the masternode network reward share will continue to increase each month to incentivize node creation following this schedule:

IMPORTANT:

-So in the end it will really be more than my estimation above as the reward share will continue to increase each month until it reaches 60% March 2016.  

-Having said that the number of Masternodes will also likely increase so I think it is safe to say tha the minimum annual return for a node in DASH should be around 20-25 %

-Now the return in FIAT could be a lot more if the coins appreciate in value year to year.

- Finally, and very important you always retain control of your 1000DASH and are able to liquidate them at any point you wish, you would then obviously just stop getting paid.

I really hopes this helps.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Cheers.

You are welcome, I like it when people have a genuine interest on the platform. I am tired of the coin vs coin nonsense, I believe in science and business you need to keep an open mind, if not you run the risk of missing opportunities.  

- Check out this article about the Bitcoin decreasing full node issues and lack of incentive, is a real eye opener as to why this is important:  http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/

- Also not having a collateral to run a full node, makes it free for people to sybil attack the network and snoop on transactions: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yvy6b/a_regulatory_compliance_service_is_sybil/

Read those two links and you will no doubt see why this solution is so important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:53:24 PM

ALlways the same,put an hide order to show no support,also show everything will colapse in the madness to buy some panic dumper bags Cheesy

Also dump is not terrible,I think we can absorb the amount of dumper and bounce from this level,maybe a good time to buy?

Why buy now when you can wait a few days and buy much lower.  Look at the market action and general sentiment, this is heading down. 

There a reason you and the rest of your Monero thugs feel it absolutely necessary to add nothing to this thread? We get that you are "competition" but if your coin is so strong, let it stand on its own merits and let the market decide.

The market is deciding.  DigitaltrASH is collapsing (-16%) while Monero is UP (+22%), both on very heavy volume.

That is no reason to stop talking about Bitcoin, etc. here at "BitcoinTALK."

If you don't like it, retreat to your censored cheerleader-camp forum to practice waving your pom-poms and clapping for Duffman.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:54:18 PM

ALlways the same,put an hide order to show no support,also show everything will colapse in the madness to buy some panic dumper bags Cheesy

Also dump is not terrible,I think we can absorb the amount of dumper and bounce from this level,maybe a good time to buy?

Why buy now when you can wait a few days and buy much lower.  Look at the market action and general sentiment, this is heading down.  

There a reason you and the rest of your Monero thugs feel it absolutely necessary to add nothing to this thread? We get that you are "competition" but if your coin is so strong, let it stand on its own merits and let the market decide.

The market is deciding.  DigitaltrASH is collapsing (-16%) while Monero is UP (+22%), both on very heavy volume.

That is no reason to stop talking about Bitcoin, etc. here at "BitcoinTALK."

If you don't like it, retreat to your censored cheerleader-camp forum to practice waving your pom-poms and clapping for Duffman.

lol, time frame is all about perspective. Load a yearly chart up of both.

EDIT: Also not sure where you are getting your numbers from: http://coinmarketcap.com/#BTC
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:54:23 PM

A few Monero fanboys acting like a pack of sharks that smell blood.

All they are doing is giving XMR a bad rap.

They act like it can't stand on it's own two feet without attack dogs, or sharks, going after the competition, especially when they think the competition is vulnerable.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:54:47 PM

i'm starting to think some of these trolls in here have a love / hate relationship with us,
from the outside it looks like pure hate but deep inside they just love lovee loveeeee us.

Yeah, you can almost sense how he's trembling, trying not to cry. All he wants is a hug I think :-)

Instamine!

There, there. It'll be alright.

Unfortunately, I don't know the emoticon for hugging, so you'll just have to imagine that part :-)

BTW: I'm kind of curious to hear your theory on why a linear coin distribution would be preferable to a logarithmic one, because I can see no good reason for this (and I don't know of any coin where it has worked so far), but that's something for a different thread I guess.

Diminishing emission curve favors the early adopters. A reasonable, linear curve is as fair today as it will be x years from now  
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 09:55:39 PM

Hello there my friend... Hope your having a great day. I really wish I could get u guys to do a better job in getting people to dump their coins... Im not getting the numbers I'm wanting.  I think we could work on a strategy... I need cheaper coins and you need to spew horse shit and troll... We can work for our mutual benefit.    

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:56:39 PM

Diminishing emission curve favors the early adopters. A reasonable, linear curve is as fair today as it will be x years from now  

Look - AdamWhite's actually started making constructive posts. We've turned him around  Smiley
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:00:48 PM

i'm starting to think some of these trolls in here have a love / hate relationship with us,
from the outside it looks like pure hate but deep inside they just love lovee loveeeee us.

Yeah, you can almost sense how he's trembling, trying not to cry. All he wants is a hug I think :-)

Instamine!

Unfortunately, I don't know the emoticon for hugging, so you'll just have to imagine that part :-)

BTW: I'm kind of curious to hear your theory on why a linear coin distribution would be preferable to a logarithmic one, because I can see no good reason for this (and I don't know of any coin where it has worked so far), but that's something for a different thread I guess.

yeh, and as stupid. scarcity is a prerequisite of value. amazing how many techies on BCT don't get this.
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:01:11 PM

They act like it can't stand on it's own two feet without attack dogs, or sharks, going after the competition, especially when they think the competition is vulnerable.

Yep and so did some and sometime many fantrolls of:
- XC
- Cloak
- VRC
- Spreadcoin
- Shadowcoin

The list will grow over time, hell maybe one day bitcoin is added to this list
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:01:14 PM

Instamine!

I totally feel you.

However, if a coin with linear curve gets really popular, doesn't the amount of miners increase as well? And the more resources the miner has, the more he can mine. Again, very unfair for the small guy.

Imo it's always gonna be unfair, the distribution curve doesn't matter. With a logarithmic curve it's the lucky/visionary early adopters, and with a linear curve it's the already wealthy miners. You just can't accomplish a totally fair distribution, otherwise the currency wouldn't have any value.
illodin

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:04:16 PM

Yep and so did some and sometime many fantrolls of:
- XC
- Cloak
- VRC
- BC
- Spreadcoin
- Shadowcoin

The list will grow over time, hell maybe one day bitcoin is added to this list

Hey leave BC/BlackCoin alone, they're the cool guys! Can't recall them ever trolling DRK.
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:05:11 PM

Well, yeah. That's the idea. Because early adopters take the greatest risk. Out of the hundreds of coins that are launched, I guess not even ten percent make it through the first year. So an early adopter statistically has a 90% chance of losing. Why would he risk his money/time/other resources if the potential gains weren't large enough to make up for that risk.

With a linear distribution, potential investors will take a wait and see approach, because their potential gains won't get lower due to this (while the risk is). So linear distribution coins will have a larger risk of never getting off the ground
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:09:51 PM

Instamine!

yeh, and as stupid. scarcity is a prerequisite of value. amazing how many techies on BCT don't get this.

Amazing how many "know it all's" on BCT too.

Even a linear curve's inflation rate is constantly reducing compared to the total supply.

If a coin emits 1000 coins per day, the daily inflation on day 2 is 50%, inflation on day 1000 is 0.1%.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 10:11:37 PM

Digital Cash sounds better than the stupid DASH. I prefer DigiCash or Dcash. Can't believe that you guys choose DCash. I should have listen to vertoe when he told me to dump at 0.012. Now no where to dump.

DigiCash is already long taken. 

DigiTrash is a good name for this scam-mined shitcoin with no proven technology or consistent branding that just stumbles from one crisis to the next fiasco.

Here, this will help:

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
illodin

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:14:03 PM

Instamine!

Even a linear curve's inflation rate is constantly reducing compared to the total supply.

If a coin emits 1000 coins per day, the daily inflation on day 2 is 50%, inflation on day 1000 is 0.1%.

I think you should launch your own coin with perfect parameters instead of looking for a coin that can satisfy you completely.
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:16:07 PM

Which is prooving my point: If you buy on day one, your investment will halve in value 24 hours later, 48 hours later, it will lose another 33%. That's not much of a sales proposition
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:18:55 PM

Hey leave BC/BlackCoin alone, they're the cool guys! Can't recall them ever trolling DRK.

we had a brief clash somewhere around april 2014, can't find it in post history atm. But you are right they are legitimate and friendly, edited post
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 10:19:31 PM

Price isn't lowering because of the name change, it's lowering because DashTrash is an instamine scam FRAUD

DashTrash

Compromised • Instamined • Centralized      

NOW WITH 110% MORE GIMMICKS!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 10:28:15 PM

Limited Edition Physical Darkcoins coming soon! Taking pre-orders now...

see this thread for details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985983.0

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:30:07 PM

Instamine!

I totally feel you.

However, if a coin with linear curve gets really popular, doesn't the amount of miners increase as well? And the more resources the miner has, the more he can mine. Again, very unfair for the small guy.

Imo it's always gonna be unfair, the distribution curve doesn't matter. With a logarithmic curve it's the lucky/visionary early adopters, and with a linear curve it's the already wealthy miners. You just can't accomplish a totally fair distribution, otherwise the currency wouldn't have any value.

This is not really true. As it becomes "really popular" the value of the coin goes up so while the small miner gets a smaller share, he gets roughly the same value for a constant mining input. A coin becoming popular is itself neutral between large and small miners.
Pages: « 1 ... 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 [4300] 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: