Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:17:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 [4314] 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:29:50 AM

He can also take a share in a masternode, there are some services like that around...

And pretty soon one to rule them ALL !!  Grin

(well, pretty soon is a tremendous overstatement, but phase 1 is complete. The concept)

Good luck !  Wink I would love a platform working like a pool, with automatic payments to each shareholder. If you do that I'm in !!!  Grin
Indeed! I gave up on my multi-sig masternode idea because I don't have the coding skills. But I am halfway through reading Mastering Bitcoin, by Antanopoulos. (If anyone builds on this suggestion I would not be offended by a tip. Cheesy)

If you thought DASH was going to present a threat to the banksters' well being-- If When someone does develop a workable trustless/private, shared, DASH masternode system, It will be their deathknell. (Sadly, the ambiguity in the preceding "their" is intentional. Shocked)

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:39:02 AM

It's sad to see the coin being renamed to a brand that already has patents filed on it... moreover that is also an existing coin that's been here a while.

Those are some of the reasons why I decided to empty my DRK stash and move on. It's kind of a slap in the face for the early DRK people.

Anybody would happen to know the filing number of the challenge application? Would be interesting to see.

You can not file a patent on a name, thus, your coin has no patent.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:40:26 AM

Even if you are just 1 DRK donate

So if I only have 1 DRK to my name, I should donate to you when you have 130 DRK, and the reason for the donation is because you 'want a masternode' = Seems legit!

you dont accept 0.1  or 0.01 ?

Wink

This is an example and demonstrate teamwork.

Whatever you want , donate 0.0001 or 1 or 10  Grin

reading your posts, you are running your own VPN service with servers in 11 different countries plus affiliates program.  You sold a mining rig to buy dark last year and when you show your dark wallet you blank out the balance. Plus you are into technical analysis for trading.  But after all this time you only have 130 dark and want free donations? C'mon Smiley

BlockaFett; I suspect I will retract the offer in my previous post (once confirmed). I think you have saved me some DASH to give to someone else. Will tip you for your research as soon as I get my masternode.  Smiley

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:46:35 AM

So is DRK changing its name? why? when thanks in advance

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:01:16 AM

http://www.dash.com.sg/index.html
njs811

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:08:36 AM

Well shoot looks like the price wont go as low as I hoped. At least it hasn't so far.

Here's hoping for cheap coins.

coinmaster222

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:19:49 AM

so I have to live in singapore?

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:35:47 AM

so I have to live in singapore?
why? Wink
You can live whereever you want to live to use DASH.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
coinmaster222

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 07:42:30 AM

ARE YOU ELIGIBLE FOR DASH EASY?
Nationality and Age
You need to be a Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident, or Foreigner with an Employment Pass, and aged 18 years and up

Mobile Service Provider
You can sign up for Dash regardless of your telco relationship, all Singtel, StarHub and M1 mobile customers are welcome

Supporting Documents
Sign up on your mobile phone in just a few mins. You can take photos of your documents required for easy uploading.

For Singtel and Standard Chartered (Current or Savings Account) customers
Your sign-up will be completed online.

For all other customers and foreigners
After completing the online form, we will need to make a final verification. Please visit us at any of these locations within 7 days:
Singtel shop (Comcentre) 31 Exeter Road, Singapore 239732
Standard Chartered branch (Plaza Singapura) 68 Orchard Road #04-53 Plaza Singapura, Singapore 238839

or is that something different

r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:25:33 AM

reading your posts, you are running your own VPN service with servers in 11 different countries plus affiliates program.  You sold a mining rig to buy dark last year and when you show your dark wallet you blank out the balance. Plus you are into technical analysis for trading.  But after all this time you only have 130 dark and want free donations? C'mon Smiley

wow, awesome in investigation, have any plan for join to FBI or CIA?  Grin
I've already spoken most of all my darkcoin buy in $20 price.
The site has just begun, If the customer's high jump, perhaps I can start the masternode :/

lol, thanks, no plans.  Are you giving out free VPNs then?? Smiley

currently not have plan for free vpn, but if you need vpn i can make account for you Wink

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:58:51 AM

wow, awesome in investigation, have any plan for join to FBI or CIA?  Grin
I've already spoken most of all my darkcoin buy in $20 price.
The site has just begun, If the customer's high jump, perhaps I can start the masternode :/

lol, thanks, no plans.  Are you giving out free VPNs then?? Smiley

currently not have plan for free vpn, but if you need vpn i can make account for you Wink

Do you accept Dash?

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:38:51 AM

It's sad to see the coin being renamed to a brand that already has patents filed on it... moreover that is also an existing coin that's been here a while.

Those are some of the reasons why I decided to empty my DRK stash and move on. It's kind of a slap in the face for the early DRK people.

Anybody would happen to know the filing number of the challenge application? Would be interesting to see.

Not worrying about the legal stuff as Fernando and a couple others on the foundation board are lawyers. As for dashcoin, the slimball is their dev who sold the github to Evan. Evan did nothing wrong. If that community wants to fork the coin and still call it dashcoin or whatever that is fine. We are not rebranding to dashcoin anyway.

As for the actual rebrand,

DASH was originally suggested by the community and since the annoucement the vast majority have rallied around the name.  Of course some people will be upset like you or Vertoe and decide to sell.

Actually, I feel bad for the long time holders that are not showing enough foresight to keeping holding. After all the coin fundamentals have not changed and now we are much more marketable. There is a good chance that long time holders who are selling now just because of a name change will be very very upset with themselves in a year or two's time.

I bought my first DASH back in February 2014 right after the name was changed from Xcoin to Darkcoin... I was very attached to the name. But after reading story after story after story from the hardworking people trying to increase adoption all saying that the name is holding us back I decided that my loyalty to the name was just a silly, emotional personal problem. In the end, as an investor I want to see my investment increase -- and if that means getting over my personal attachment to the name and suffering short term losses due to uncertainty in the market then so be it...

Just keeep an eye on the number of active masternodes to know what long time holders think about the rebrand  Wink
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:51:21 AM

Jesus... how long does it take to sign and encrypt a 161 KB PDF file?

The signing alone is taking forever... PGP is still a bit confusing to me
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:56:38 AM

Not worrying about the legal stuff as Fernando and a couple others on the foundation board are lawyers. As for dashcoin, the slimball is their dev who sold the github to Evan. Evan did nothing wrong. If that community wants to fork the coin and still call it dashcoin or whatever that is fine. We are not rebranding to dashcoin anyway.

DASH was originally suggested by the community and since the annoucement the vast majority have rallied around the name.  Of course some people will be upset like you or Vertoe and decide to sell.

Actually, I feel bad for the long time holders that are not showing enough foresight to keeping holding. After all the coin fundamentals have not changed and now we are much more marketable. There is a good chance that long time holders who are selling now just because of a name change will be very very upset with themselves in a year or two's time.

I bought my first DASH back in February 2014 right after the name was changed from Xcoin to Darkcoin... I was very attached to the name. But after reading story after story after story from the hardworking people trying to increase adoption all saying that the name is holding us back I decided that my loyalty to the name was just a silly, emotional personal problem. In the end, as an investor I want to see my investment increase -- and if that means getting over my personal attachment to the name and suffering short term losses due to uncertainty in the market then so be it...

With a heavy heart I accepted Evan's decision to ditch the name Darkcoin (one of the best fucking growing brands I came across in my investment life) but have closed MN and sold all of my coins nevertheless. I did it at the recent price peak and used that calamity to get out of all crypto holdings I had (granted, only BTC and DRK) i order to re-evaluate my thinking and future approach. Any sort of mess is always a negative for the underlying investment. Frankly, I am surprised and relieved the price did not plummet which tells me there's enough support for the technology left...

So, I nibbled a tiny little bit and bought back some Darkcoins, just to feel I am still a part of it, but herein comes my ongoing dilemma. A part of what?

If you'd read Bitcoin: Technical Background and Data Analysis study done by the Anton Badev and Matthew Chen of the Finance and Economics Discussion Series Divisions of Research & Statistics and Monetary Affairs Federal Reserve Board, Washington, D.C. you'll see that even a stalwart that's bitcoin did not really penetrate and much less disturbed payment system. Most of the bitcoins are used for either investment i.e. stay in the wallets or are traded on exchanges. Let me quote parts of the study I find quite relevant for this discussion:

"Our analysis suggests half of these transactions involve less than U.S.$100 equivalent, and for the period for which we have data for Satoshi Dice, most of these small-value transactions were related to the online gambling service. Relatively less frequent large value transactions drive the average transaction value to levels above U.S.$40,000.00 equivalent value, and are not likely to involve payments for goods and services.

Comparing the number of transactions recorded on the blockchain and the total number of transactions reported by the exchanges, we see that the majority of transactions on the Bitcoin network occur through exchanges.

Broadly speaking, our empirical exercise documents general patterns of Bitcoin usage, and examines the use of Bitcoin for investment and payment purposes. We found that the number of daily users may have doubled every eight months, the transaction volume is negligible compared to the domestic volume of U.S. payment systems. Our analysis of data from the Bitcoin system further suggests that Bitcoin is still barely used for payments for goods and services.

The number of bitcoin unique users reached close to 100,000 by the beginning of 2014."

Even the stalwart of crypto, bitcoin is still used on the lunatic fringes of society and Darkcoin was / is the lunatic fringe of the lunatic fringe.

To dream and hope re-branded Darkcoin would suddenly awake an Average Joe as someone has said on this forum is a pure nonsense at worst and wishful thinking at best. This equally nonsensical "DASH," already mired in so many Trademark related issues, is so bland, so lukewarm, so devoid of wit, passion, message that it blows my mind away anyone could seriously consider it. And yes, I get it, it has been seriously considered by many serious people here, over on DRT, in Ambassador room etc., but what it shows me is:

a) a lack of courage;
b) willingness to appease while there's no one to really be appeased (some exchanges said they "might" accept Darkcoin if it changes its name, same with several merchants who also might adopt it but are "not guaranteeing" anything;
c) a lack of vision. "DASH" wants to be everything for everyone while, again, no one fucking cares but us, on the lunatic fringes.

I, for one, had managed to have several friends invest, into Darkcoin I brought in a Python programming genius to look at and promote Darkcoin and have been very active on developing several ideas based on Darkcoin's unique properties. Now everything is on hold for there is NO MESSAGE. Sure, some cute graphs / animations about Dash are really good, but who cares? You think the merchants, seeing 40,000 other merchants accepting Bitcoin will now suddenly flock to DASH because it is so fucking cool?

No, they are not (see the study about bitcoin adoption).

Darkcoin, as the fantastic brand, should have been left alone, to grow among the lunatic fringes of societies, it should have been offered to Occupy where anonymity is needed, it should have been a part of Wikileaks, it should have grown among the people that fight for privacy, for our right to property, to our right to be anonymous when we want to be, it should've been a part of Tor, and it should've been a tool to help us fight for our freedom. And all over the world the people live in a much more oppressive societies than ours (USA or any other Western country) where we still have some wealth and some illusion of freedom, and them, in communist, totalitarian, murderous countries would've benefited greatly form what Darkcoin offers. It would've been an instrument for the said freedom. It would have a fucking stance, it would've been a contender Smiley

Now some "DASH" wants to be everything for everyone because "the technology is the same."  And the very technology - its anonymous features - will be so viciously attacked when the time is right and the Overlords unleash their dogs, from the law enforcement, from the mass-media etc,. that would spook that non-existent user, "Average Joe" so much that he will never ever consider buying his six pack with Darkcoin again.

At this moment I think Darkcoin / Dash is at 50% - 50% of surviving. One serious price dump, another developer or two exit, an exchange that said "maybe" to Dash now says no and the Dash and its community are a joke, because they have acted "preemptively" when no real need for preventing anything had existed and the Dash would dash away back to obscurity.

Ditching Darkcoin name was akin to ditching Darkcoin's philosophy for the vain hope Dash would attract Average Joe. And to conclude: I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong and for Dash to become a brand associated with digital cash and a perfect payment system saving billions in remittance fees all over the world.

But a stance-less product that wants to please everyone when it is clearly impossible does not excite me anymore.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:58:21 AM

Just keeep an eye on the number of active masternodes to know what long time holders think about the rebrand  Wink

2,291 from 2,328 on March 13, if the data on https://drk.mn/masternodes.html are accurate in real time.
shaan.is.one

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:04:04 AM

DRK is my one of top favourite.... like and love very much
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:15:27 AM

Paycoinpoker: Spectacular Cryptocurrency Poker accepting DRK

http://bitcoinist.net/paycoinpoker-spectacular-cryptocurrency-poker/

Wink
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:19:30 AM

2,291 from 2,328 on March 13, if the data on https://drk.mn/masternodes.html are accurate in real time.

At this moment I think Darkcoin / Dash is at 50% - 50% of surviving.

After all this brand change, FUD attacks, uncertainty, missing devs, etc.. -37 masternodes only!  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

The market has spoken clearly. We are the strongest community ever in crypto.

Good luck with your new investments.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:23:13 AM

DRK Listed and Live on Indonesian Exchange

(The site has almost 50,000 members and Indonesia is the 4th most populous country in the world.)
 Wink
https://vip.bitcoin.co.id/drkbtc

r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:24:59 AM

Do you accept Dash?

yes of course but, the ِDash/DRK payment gateway is not currently on the site (have future plan for DRK gateway). you can send Dash/DRK manually to me and i create manually account and send details to you.

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
Pages: « 1 ... 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 [4314] 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: