Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:54:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 [4367] 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722550 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:13:21 PM

No wonder BTC started dipping. We really need a professional kleenex patrol we can hire for cases like these.
f2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:15:17 PM

Hmm, doesn't add up to the 28k, plus wasn't myfarm saying he dumped some as well?

On Sunday morning I managed to lose all of my Darkcoins...

Brutal mate, sorry to hear that.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:19:25 PM

Hmm, doesn't add up to the 28k, plus wasn't myfarm saying he dumped some as well?

Looking at the chart I just posted you can see probably approx 17K in the main dump at 12noon on the 16th (Sydney time, currently GMT +11) and maybe another 3K in the following time slot. That's 20K so maybe they held onto 8K to keep in the till.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:21:09 PM

I just desperately want to turn back time.  I actually woke up this morning and wasn't sure it was real.  I had to open my wallet to confirm that I am actually living a nightmare.

Dan, god damn it man!! thats terrible and I even remember warning you about gambling Sad
It must have took a lot of courage to admit this in a public forum. Am will be so sorry to see you drop off the team, you contribute much and ask little in return.
Can you keep logging on ocassionally and let us you how you are, will miss you if you disappear, the cool factor of the thread and DCT will drop a notch.

In sympathies,
Sub-Ether.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:22:21 PM

As for non-interested you are right, though. I shall buy 1 DRK shortly to go along with the 6000 dashcoin I hold. Happy now?

My comments can now be considered "working from within" to counter the relentless spinning and cheerleading.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:22:58 PM

I just desperately want to turn back time.  I actually woke up this morning and wasn't sure it was real.  I had to open my wallet to confirm that I am actually living a nightmare.

Dan, god damn it man!! thats terrible and I even remember warning you about gambling Sad
It must have took a lot of courage to admit this in a public forum. Am will be so sorry to see you drop off the team, you contribute much and ask little in return.
Can you keep logging on ocassionally and let us you how you are, will miss you if you disappear, the cool factor of the thread and DCT will drop a notch.

In sympathies,
Sub-Ether.

Just as long as everybody promises to pretend that the price has tanked Wink

You warned me, flare warned me and Otoh warned me.  I had warnings.
balu

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:23:53 PM

There was a ~2600ish dump on finex as well at the same time.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:26:10 PM

I could likewise say that all the repetitive cheerleading that goes on by self interested parties (holders) is inappropriate and ethically dubious shilling.

No you couldn't.

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the Darkcoin thread, not the Monero thread. The implication is that it's forum for discussion amongst those with an active interest in the project, not shills for other ones. I think that's a generally accepted ethic across bitcointalk.

It's not very difficult to tell the difference between an adverse remark from a poster who's a genuine holder concerned about their investment and one from a poster who's got no financial interest whatsoever and who's only agenda is one of malignant disruption.

Thank you for the heads up as to that possibility. Question: has anyone involved with monero taken any action which would indicate a belief that buying and selling of open source projects without community involvement and buyin is appropriate?

That depends what you define as "the community".

We talk about coin holders as "the community" because they club together in forums and discuss a common interest. But they are not "the community" in the same sense that Apache web developers are the "the community" or that Linux code controbutors are "the community".

For example, I do not expect to have a say in whether Evan Duffield compromises this project or not - I'm an investor not a developer. I have my say in the market. Of course I'm going to voice my opinions about things in the forums but I want him (or the foundation) get on with taking day to day decisions about technical and commercial issues.

Hopefully those decisions will be taken with regard to the prevailing investor opinion - if not people will just dump their holdings. So far I'm happy.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:32:45 PM

Jezzz, am lost for words, 50k is a huge amount. And was hoping to meet you one day at a cryptocoin show or somewhere like that being only up the road.

Take care and do stay in touch please,
Sub-Ether.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:38:29 PM

I could likewise say that all the repetitive cheerleading that goes on by self interested parties (holders) is inappropriate and ethically dubious shilling.

No you couldn't.

I can and I do call it that. So you are incorrect.

In case you hadn't noticed, this is the Darkcoin thread, not the Monero thread. The implication is that it's forum for discussion amongst those with an active interest in the project, not shills for other ones. I think that's a generally accepted ethic across bitcointalk.

I'm not shilling, and I rarely if ever even so much as mention Monero except in direct response (such as this one). The same can't be said for some others who post here and I agree with you that is inappropriate and should not happen.

As far as commenting about DRK, not only am I a DRK holder, I was around the crypto scene long before Monero and I'll be around long after Monero if the Monero project should end. I did not surrender my credentials as an interested (meaning having an interest) member of the cryptocurrency world with a right of expression when I joined the Monero project and I won't do so now.

It's not very difficult to tell the difference between an adverse remark from a poster who's a genuine holder concerned about their investment and one from a poster who's got no financial interest whatsoever and who's only agenda is one of malignant disruption.

Being concerned about "one's investment" is not the only reason one might legitimately engage in commentary and debate. Your attitude exemplifies exactly the type of one-sided cheerleading to which I alluded. It is no more appropriate or honest then trolling.

We talk about coin holders as "the community" because they club together in forums and discuss a common interest. But they are not "the community" in the same sense that Apache web developers are the "the community" or that Linux code controbutors are "the community".

People who actively participate in the ongoing project "effort" are certainly part of the community. I would include in that, at least: participating in discussions about direction, progress and priorities; working to reach new users;  creating supporting services and materials (FAQs, etc.); and actively providing support services for new users. I suppose I would agree with you that someone who never does any of that and just buys some coins on cryptsy and hopes they go up isn't.

Cryptocoins are a bit different from other investments in that they are also pieces of open source software, and  holders are usually also "users" of the software (and indeed users who often directly interact with the developers), a category which is generally (I would say almost universally) considered to be part of an open source community. We certainly consider users to be part of the community in any open source project I'm involved with (more than one presently) or have been in the past (many). Again this wouldn't apply to someone who just buys on an exchange and never uses the software.

r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 12:39:14 PM

A person whose plan for the 500 masternodes  Undecided

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/wallet.dws?559582.htm

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:42:13 PM

Hi All,

I’m making an extremely difficult public statement to hopefully provide a warning to the Dash community.

Sh*t. I just read this.

Very sorry to hear it. That is the most unhappy story I've heard for a while.

I hope you can find it in you to limit it to a financial loss and not beat yourself up for too long about it. If it's any consolation, my entire holdings amount to a couple of masternodes worth and I'm as fired up as you were about the future of this project so the mountain doesn't have to be too high.

There are also plenty of people with 2 and 3-figure holdings who are equally passionate.

All you need is a horse in the race to have some fun following things.

In the meantime, thanks for all your great contributions Dan and best wishes for your time-out recovery.

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:42:49 PM

Hey everyone, I'm part of the community now with my heroic 1 DRK purchase!

You clearly think we're all far beneath your intelligence level. When you've invested substantially more than a cup of coffee we may take you more seriously. For the moment your presence here continues to be of dubious intent and the purchase of 1 DRK doesn't change that at all.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:43:20 PM

DRK "An Inconvenient Truth"

After the initial 2+ million coin instamine in the first 48 hours, they start using private GPU miners while convincing their flock it's still a CPU only coin.

kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:43:38 PM

Hi All,

I’m making an extremely difficult public statement to hopefully provide a warning to the Dash community.

On Sunday morning I managed to lose all of my Darkcoins on Directbet dice.  The total loss was 28,000DRK and represents all of my holdings.  My mistake was simple…make a big loss and then lose track desperately trying to win it back.  I have made enquiries with various parties about buying back in but unfortunately I do not have enough FIAT to do so.

This happened incredibly easily.  I am a man who has never gambled before being involved in crypto althouh I have done consultancy work for gambling companies in the past.  I was a regular better on Directbet and almost always ended up breaking even or finishing up on the day.  On Sunday, circumstances, bad decisions and maths caught up with me.

With regard to Directbet I believe their dice game is provably fair in terms of probablity and maths however I have some concerns at how their site was functioning under a DDOS attack at the time.  

When I asked Directbet some simple questions about my losses their answers have been at times  contradictory and not aligned with my experiences which I find to be quite troubling.  Directbet have also refused to provide me with a contact address so that I can formally ask a list of questions via my solicitor.  Whilst I take full responsibility for my actions I also feel that I may not have made such a huge initial loss if Directbet had suspended betting while their site was under attack and inaccessible.  I was unable to see a visual reference of how much I had won or lost and I believe this contributed to a lack of visibility of my actions and to contributed to me making such a huge initial loss.  Obviously my attempts to win my coins back was my decision alone.

I believe that probably fair is not just about maths, it is also about providing a level playing field for your customers.

Despite the significant financial loss that I have incurred, one of the worst feelings for me is the fact that the thousands of hours I have invested in Darkcoin/Dash will never bare fruit for me.  I take some comfort in the fact that those of you who hold on to your darkcoins might reap some rewards. I do have roughly 1.5DRK left so if you could all work really hard and make that worth $100k I’d be reall grateful Wink

I don’t feel that am able to continue to work on Dash so I asked Evan to remove me from the team website on Monday.  I am also extremely frustrated because most of my business contacts were waiting for a rebranding before they adopted Dash.  When I feel less sore about what has happened I will pull the details of those contacts together and pass them on to Fernando/Minotaur and who knows I might be at peace with myself enough to follow up some leads myself.

Beyond the financial loss I have unforgiveably let my family down and this breaks my heart most of all.

I’ll always be hoping and looking for a way to rebuild my Dash but I expect that the future is too bright for the coin for me to ever afford it.

Don’t be lulled into a false sense of security people.  Bet sensibly.  I didn’t and I’m a broken man.

2014 and 2015 have not been kind to me crypto-wise.  In total I have either had stolen or thrown away the equivalent of nearly 50k DRK.  Protect your wallets too!

Much love.

Dan
Really sorry to hear that man! I felt similar one time, but no family involved. An hug and how says Toknormal "thanks for all your great contributions Dan and best wishes for your time-out recovery."
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:44:42 PM

In sympathies,
Sub-Ether.

Just as long as everybody promises to pretend that the price has tanked Wink

You warned me, flare warned me and Otoh warned me.  I had warnings.

Sorry to hear man.  I too lost about 800drk (not even in the same ballpark as you)  and I felt completely the same way.  Thank God for masternodes, otherwise I would have gambled more but didn't wanna break em.  

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:47:03 PM

Quote from: stonehedge
 want to turn back time.
 I had warnings.
[/quote
Many of us had mistakes and damages of all kinds.
Just stand up and do what best you can, fist for your family. Try to make that 1.5 DRK to 3 DRK. You still have all your hands and legs?
Stop fucking gamble. FOREVER.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 12:51:05 PM

want to turn back time.
 I had warnings.
[/quote
Just stand up and do what best you can, fist for your family. Try to make that 1.5 DRK to 3 DRK. You still have all your hands and legs?

+1

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:51:29 PM

want to turn back time.
 I had warnings.
[/quote

Thanks.  Although just checked, its only 0.6DRK Cheesy

Maybe one day I'll have a masternode again.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 12:58:59 PM

you will have bro just leave us!

ok?Huh

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Pages: « 1 ... 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 [4367] 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 4387 4388 4389 4390 4391 4392 4393 4394 4395 4396 4397 4398 4399 4400 4401 4402 4403 4404 4405 4406 4407 4408 4409 4410 4411 4412 4413 4414 4415 4416 4417 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: