Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:24:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 [5196] 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:09:16 AM

^ Haha.. basically "we don't care that our developer is dishonest"

Dash holders are by far the stupidest in all of crypto
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:23:20 AM

Here he comes again
 Grin

To all newcomers
do NOT fall for the trolls !
They have been around, and will probably be much longer
we know them all by name + have them on ignore or are playing some games with them
that does not mean you should do the same.

Please collect/research your Dash Facts outside of BCT !
(Saver that way)
 Wink
Probleminfected

Activity: 89
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:30:13 AM

Here he comes again
 Grin

To all newcomers
we know them all by name + have them on ignore or are playing some games with them

(Saver that way)
 Wink

Yeah, I know, but I really want to know what they do support.  My thought is that they are guys trying to lower the price, so they can buy for cheap.  But if they support a different coin, I'd like to know why.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:11:04 AM

Here he comes again
 Grin

To all newcomers

(Saver that way)
 Wink

Yeah, I know, but I really want to know what they do support.  My thought is that they are guys trying to lower the price, so they can buy for cheap.  But if they support a different coin, I'd like to know why.

Feel free to look into this
in general : Greed and FUD
they want their sh..tcoin to succeed
and are going "by all means necessary"
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 03:25:03 AM

Loving Dash since day ~400.

I posted something similar to this about 6 months ago, but I feel like now's a good time to give people my story again. I want both the people researching DASH for the first time, and the old holding veterans who are nervous the FUD might scare people away to know the viewpoint of someone fairly new.

As someone who came in "late" to DASH, I literally could not care less about all the "instamine" drama that a few select posters on here whine about.  There was obviously plenty of time when people could have bought in by the thousands for dirt cheap and they didn't do it.  They're just angry that they blew their chance.

Before I bought DASH I looked into the technology, where it was going, and what some of their ideas for the future were.  I looked at the dev team who pumps out a higher number of more innovative and bigger features faster than I've seen any other coin or tech company produce. And I looked at the fact that Bitcoin essentially hasn't changed the entire time I've been a proponent of it...  That's really what sold me on it.  DASH gets stuff done.  They have the most innovative ideas, they have the skill set to back it up, and they're not afraid to adapt and change things to make the technology better, even if it makes a few people angry.

When researching DASH, my first source of information was the Dashtalk forums.  When I became fully involved in it and needed more discussion to read throughout the day, I came here.  Long story short, other than just impressing me with their ability to spend all day everyday being completely negative without becoming suicidal, the FUD spreaders have had no effect on a new DASH investor/investigator.

The community is amazing and very helpful with anything and everything.  I've been very impressed all around.  Keep up the good work, dev team, testers (very undervalued as I've seen in other projects), and Dash community!  Thanks!
Great post. This is exactly what I have been saying. This thread, which used to be the main place for people to get their information about Dash, has lost a lot of it's importance due to the constant noise it produces. DashTalk is the place to send new investors and partners.

The sideshow clowns do their job well, I've always said that, but they lack the audience that they need to do any real damage. Most of the communication to the outside of our crypto box goes on far away from this forum. That is why the trolls waste their time here.

italeffect

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:26:14 AM

lots of useful content today here....

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:42:07 AM

i tried to send an email to daniel friday about a otc trade but have not heard back. anyone have that otc dashtalk link handy?
thanks in advance.

edit: found it
https://dashtalk.org/threads/opening-otc-trading-to-community.6173/

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Probleminfected

Activity: 89
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:43:10 AM

^ Haha.. basically "we don't care that our developer is dishonest"

Dash holders are by far the stupidest in all of crypto

What coin should I be supporting/mining/buying?

One that hasn't been scam instamined

Ok which one of these do you support?
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:44:14 AM

lots of useful content today here....

I'm not sure why you have Lukas_Jackson on ignore. I can't remember his posts from a long way back but the ones over the past few pages he's been arguing with smoothie (not to be confused with smooth) that the head and shoulders pattern smoothie sees in the chart isn't one. I don't think he (Lukas) is a Dash naysayer, he has "Hello darkness my old friend" in his signature.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
italeffect

Activity: 255

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:46:52 AM

I'm not sure why you have Lukas_Jackson on ignore. I can't remember his posts from a long way back but the ones over the past few pages he's been arguing with smoothie (not to be confused with smooth) that the head and shoulders pattern smoothie sees in the chart isn't one. I don't think he (Lukas) is a Dash naysayer, he has "Hello darkness my old friend" in his signature.

because he keeps quoting smoothie, no other reason. There is absolutely no benefit to me having to read someone arguing with him.

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
RenegadeMan

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:02:29 AM

because he keeps quoting smoothie, no other reason.

Okay. I find this whole "ignore" concept to be overvalued and a bit mindless in some ways. I don't have anyone on ignore.

That conversation Lukas is having with smoothie is important (the non abusive, non name calling bits at least). It's important to get as many perspectives as possible on what's happening with our investment. Otherwise we have the real likelihood of the Dash community ending up somewhat isolated and cut-off, which opens the door to wide-spread ignorance and us all going off the lemming cliff together.

I'm really tired of the banter that goes back and forth and the never ending labelling of people as trolls. I honestly think we need to rise above it. If someone wants to continually come on here and throw mud (like Adam White does) then good luck to them.  Clearly they are wobbled, threatened and unnerved by Dash. Let them be. In many ways they're our cheer squad! And if what they're talking about is of such major controversy and concern, this is then but the practise run for what will come, and we need to get very good at it (like how MasterMined710 provided a debunk to Adam's six step posting).

I take all that they throw and consider it against how they behave in other BCT threads (and I'm on a lot of them, even if as just a lurker and not a poster). It's very instructive. And most of them seems to be relatively intelligent too, hence the extremity of their attacks are sociologically interesting.

I'm learning a lot by contrasting what they say versus how people here react versus how the same people behave on other threads. I'll take the uncensored raw shit-fight version of this Dash thread any day over seeing pages of "This user is on ignore".

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 04:27:34 AM

I find this whole "ignore" concept to be overvalued and a bit mindless in some ways. I don't have anyone on ignore.

That conversation Lukas is having with smoothie is important (the non abusive, non name calling bits at least). It's important to get as many perspectives as possible on what's happening with our investment. Otherwise we have the real likelihood of the Dash community ending up somewhat isolated and cut-off, which opens the door to wide-spread ignorance and us all going off the lemming cliff together.

I'm really tired of the banter that goes back and forth and the never ending labelling of people as trolls. I honestly think we need to rise above it. If someone wants to continually come on here and throw mud (like Adam White does) then good luck to them.  Clearly they are wobbled, threatened and unnerved by Dash. Let them be. In many ways they're our cheer squad! And if what they're talking about is of such major controversy and concern, this is then but the practise run for what will come, and we need to get very good at it (like how MasterMined710 provided a debunk to Adam's six step posting).

I take all that they throw and consider it against how they behave in other BCT threads (and I'm on a lot of them, even if as just a lurker and not a poster). It's very instructive. And most of them seems to be relatively intelligent too, hence the extremity of their attacks are sociologically interesting.

I'm learning a lot by contrasting what they say versus how people here react versus how the same people behave on other threads. I'll take the uncensored raw shit-fight version of this Dash thread any day over seeing pages of "This user is on ignore".

How is "throwing mud" to point out the fact that Dash's launch was a fiasco of insta-mining?  Do you want that information buried where noobs won't see it?

Do you support the lack of insta-mining disclosure in the OP?  If so, please explain why that lie-by-omission is ethical.

The 'LOOK AT ME I'M OBSESSED WITH TELLING EVERYONE WHO I AM IGNORING OMG I'M SO COOL' concept is more than a "bit" mindless.

It's self-contradictory, and thus completely mindless.

Your worst case scenario of "the Dash community ending up somewhat isolated and cut-off, and going off the lemming cliff together" has already happened.

But thanks for keeping your brain engaged, instead of retreating to the rah-rah-rah clap louder echo chamber of DashHole circle jerking like most of the bagholders here.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 05:13:58 AM

Garbage in, garbage out  Roll Eyes

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:15:54 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 06:52:02 AM by qwizzie

because he keeps quoting smoothie, no other reason. There is absolutely no benefit to me having to read someone arguing with him.

I kinda agree with italeffect here, specially when there has been several posts about people not wanting to see trolls quoted.
And it became pretty clear from the start that smoothie/smooth was and is a troll, just trying to disrupt this forum with fud attempts together with his other troll friends / other troll accounts all arriving at the same time. And yes, at this point i think smooth took over (bought) smoothie's account and is using it to disrupt this forum...

see : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg12476638#msg12476638

Just look at smoothie's posting history, from zero interest in Dash to an all-out attack smooth style.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:51:51 AM

I wish crypto would be a nicer place which fostered collaboration, sharing and general good will between different coins and technologies. What ever happened to giving someone a pat on the back and saying good job on trying to further this ground breaking technology, knowing that for something in such its infancy, can never be perfect initially.

Instead trolls from other coins, including their developers love to spread hate, bitterness and focus on something that happened years ago that really has ZERO bearing on the solutions we have today and nor will it in the future. And when specifically for Dash, when there is only a single point of contention, repeat and repeat again, I mean seriously dont you have anything better to do with your lives...You only live once and you trolls love to live it like its groundhog day. Not to mention the majority of the community does not care about it, you had your chance to buy it when it was stupidly cheap, if you didn't, then build a bridge and move on. I can only imagine the grudges (AdamWhite, IceBreaker, Smoothie, Smooth) you would hold against your families if they did something wrong, you would remind them every day of their lives?

I guess its just something other coins and their supporters need to do to fill the void when their coins are boring, stagnant and not going anywhere. Maybe in the hope that it will ruin someone else's great work in the hope they can gain a few dollars. How selfish and greedy. Why not think of the bigger picture? If we all banded together, the probability of being able to have main stream crypto market penetration would be even greater, and hence crypto in general would be worth alot more.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:12:54 AM

I wish crypto would be a nicer place which fostered collaboration, sharing and general good will between different coins and technologies. What ever happened to giving someone a pat on the back and saying good job on trying to further this ground breaking technology, knowing that for something in such its infancy, can never be perfect initially.

Instead trolls from other coins, including their developers love to spread hate, bitterness and focus on something that happened years ago that really has ZERO bearing on the solutions we have today and nor will it in the future. And when specifically for Dash, when there is only a single point of contention, repeat and repeat again, I mean seriously dont you have anything better to do with your lives...You only live once and you trolls love to live it like its groundhog day. Not to mention the majority of the community does not care about it, you had your chance to buy it when it was stupidly cheap, if you didn't, then build a bridge and move on. I can only imagine the grudges (AdamWhite, IceBreaker, Smoothie, Smooth) you would hold against your families if they did something wrong, you would remind them every day of their lives?

I guess its just something other coins and their supporters need to do to fill the void when their coins are boring, stagnant and not going anywhere. Maybe in the hope that it will ruin someone else's great work in the hope they can gain a few dollars. How selfish and greedy. Why not think of the bigger picture? If we all banded together, the probability of being able to have main stream crypto market penetration would be even greater, and hence crypto in general would be worth alot more.
Excellent post.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/645857701277376512

RenegadeMan

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:17:03 AM

How is "throwing mud" to point out the fact that Dash's launch was a fiasco of insta-mining?  Do you want that information buried where noobs won't see it?

It's throwing mud because clearly your intent is to injure and harm.

You are ridiculously predictable in your posting style and content. For months and months you went on and on and on about the reference node; conjuring up all sorts of conspiracy theories that it's this massive centralisation and control scam perpetuated on the crypto community by Evan and that you're the only one telling the truth about how in one fowl swoop he can shutdown the entire Dash network (fud fud and more baseless fud). And for months we all pointed out it was being worked on and, would in time, be removed. Then, like almost everything the dev team puts their focus on, it was eventually removed and the need for a separate server eliminated when the function was incorporated into the V12 code.

And what came from you? Absolutely nothing! Not even a skerric of "good job, problem resolved", just nothing. Because it doesn't suit your agenda to acknowledge progress and people responding to areas needing improvement. That's why you're called a troll; your agenda is so very clear and it's not conducive to acknowledging progress in crypto where acknowledgement is warranted. (You're basically operating as a toxic person engaged in toxic destructive behaviour).

Instead of acknowledging anything that's good and done well, as each issue is addressed you just move onto the next gripe you can go on and on about. What is it now....um.....masternode IP blinding?

Your entire MO is about character assassination and destabilisation.

You see, you would actually have some credibility if you were more balanced but clearly Dash has wobbled you to pieces and you just can't stop yourself from attacking it. As I pointed out to Adam a few pages back, when we've all moved on from these early days, you're not going to be remembered for anything useful and constructive whereas Evan and many other long-time supporters of this community, (who've clearly applied themselves with diligence and a strong work ethic) will. That's your legacy; the most common form of mud-throwing failure that's been engaged in by humans across millenniums (in regards to Dash; you've obviously got a whole other mess in crypto to clean up too, but as you've often pointed out that's off topic).

There's an entire thread on Dashtalk where Evan explains the issues with mining and coin production that happened at the launch https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/. Clearly things didn't go entirely to plan as he was learning his way like many people launching cyrptos, but is it a scam? NO, of course it isn't and your continual characterisation of it that way is absurdly unfair. If it was, Evan would have dumped whatever darkcoin he had back at the first ATH. But he didn't and nothing so far in his character indicates he's involved in a scam. He's been probably the most diligent dev in all of crypto. You know that but it riles you!!! It gets right up yours and AdamW's noses!!! It hooks onto your innards and tugs at you!!! It's sooooo painful to see the success unfolding here. You simply can't stand it so hate hate hate is your response.

Honestly iCEBREAKER you could do so much better than this. Your lame suggestions of why you're continually in this thread throwing accusations like you do are just that, lame. Why don't you rethink what you're about and focus on something far more positive.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:28:59 AM

I wish crypto would be a nicer place which fostered collaboration, sharing and general good will between different coins....Instead trolls from other coins, including their developers love to spread hate, bitterness and focus on something that happened years ago that really has ZERO bearing on the solutions we have today and nor will it in the future.

Hey, lighten up.

Would you rather be in some utterly boring coin, free of controversy with a so called "perfect launch" that nobody cared about either way and who's ANN thread you only had to visit once a year to check for news ?

Put it this way, if Dash wasn't a constant troll target I'd be worried  Wink
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:06:08 AM

I wish crypto would be a nicer place which fostered collaboration, sharing and general good will between different coins....Instead trolls from other coins, including their developers love to spread hate, bitterness and focus on something that happened years ago that really has ZERO bearing on the solutions we have today and nor will it in the future.

Hey, lighten up.

Would you rather be in some utterly boring coin, free of controversy with a so called "perfect launch" that nobody cared about either way and who's ANN thread you only had to visit once a year to check for news ?

Put it this way, if Dash wasn't a constant troll target I'd be worried  Wink

@Tok that`s the point! Smiley
Nevermind how they talk about you, important they DO! Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:06:53 AM

Don't panic!  Grin Grin Grin

The Dash Core Team

Slipping under the radar unnoticed

A Blocksize too many

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Pages: « 1 ... 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 [5196] 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: