Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 [5388] 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722562 times)
arteriks

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:56:24 PM

people are now selling btc for fiat. In next days they'll swap their fiats for some other coin and it won't be BTC. They will choose LTC, DASH or otherone with nice volume at fiat pair.
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 03:56:48 PM

$  6,167.39 per a BTC at 0.3% of all the fiat money or
$61,673.96 per a BTC at 3.0% of all the fiat money.

Aren't you out by a decimal there ?

Doesn't the $61,673 price correspond to the 0.3% liquidity capture ? That would make the 3% correspond to a price of $616,730. (According to your figures).

(By the way, and if Dash were to capture 1% of Bitcoin's market, that would mean a 5x rise from here)

^This is what keeps me in Dash. Right now Dash is valued at less than a small-to-medium sized company. If Bitcoin replaces just 0.1% of the world's money, and Dash reaches just 1% of Bitcoin's marketcap, we are all rich.

Quick research shows in the neighborhood of USD $65 trillion in money supply (M3 or equivalent) in the world.

0.1% of $65 trillion is $65 billion
1% of $65 billion is $650 million
Dash would be worth $108 each; the price of a masternode would be over $100,000.

What if Dash reached 2%, or 3%, or 5% of Bitcoin's marketcap under that scenario? Or what if Bitcoin captured 0.15% or 0.2% or 0.25% of the world's money supply?

The sky isn't the limit. The moon isn't the limit. Freaking Pluto is the limit.

What I'm saying here is for us as well as the trolls. Holding virtually any decent form of cryptocurrency will make you very wealthy if even a fraction of a percent of the world's money flows into crypto.

Yes Tok, it seems I am off for a decimal - I am not very good in simple math  Embarrassed

When I originally invested in Darkcoin I made a calculation (scrutinized and found correct regarding the numbers presented) based on shadow economy that pointed at 1 DRK = 0.80 BTC as a max value for one Darkcoin. Now the focus is not the shadow economy anymore so this calculation is as dead as the dead parrot or the Darkcoin itself...

Than the worst re-branding in history occurred and we have this 0.00554996 ratio which really makes me think about DASH's greatness. Betamax was far superior than VHS but the later outlasted the former for several, perhaps half a decade, years. I have no doubt in my mind that this thingy that is nor a coin neither the money is superior to Bitcoin's technology but I simply haven't got a clue will it survive at all...

We still have only a meager 3,421 members over at https://dashtalk.org/ and if you look here, there are only the usual suspects "defending" the DASH against the same number of trolls. We simply do not grow, do not have venture capital interested (still - but take a look at the structure of the Foundation board, they are close to it and yet nothing's going on, that the wider community is aware of, on that field) and are meekly positioning ourselves as the Bitcoin's superior competitor no one seems to care about.

So, as I always said - only the stamina of Evan and the developers team will decide DASH's future. Being totally out (again) as an investor I feel relief not to suffer the losses. I mean, I have - on the paper thus far - a profit of 76% on my BTC since I re-entered it at $234.00 and it feels better to gain than to lose Smiley

I mean, even as I typed this, DASH went down from 0.00554996 to 0.00545000. It's not fun to watch, much less to be in. (yeah, yeah, again, I know, in the dollar terms...)
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:06:06 PM

$  6,167.39 per a BTC at 0.3% of all the fiat money or
$61,673.96 per a BTC at 3.0% of all the fiat money.

Aren't you out by a decimal there ?

Doesn't the $61,673 price correspond to the 0.3% liquidity capture ? That would make the 3% correspond to a price of $616,730. (According to your figures).

(By the way, and if Dash were to capture 1% of Bitcoin's market, that would mean a 5x rise from here)

^This is what keeps me in Dash. Right now Dash is valued at less than a small-to-medium sized company. If Bitcoin replaces just 0.1% of the world's money, and Dash reaches just 1% of Bitcoin's marketcap, we are all rich.

Quick research shows in the neighborhood of USD $65 trillion in money supply (M3 or equivalent) in the world.

0.1% of $65 trillion is $65 billion
1% of $65 billion is $650 million
Dash would be worth $108 each; the price of a masternode would be over $100,000.

What if Dash reached 2%, or 3%, or 5% of Bitcoin's marketcap under that scenario? Or what if Bitcoin captured 0.15% or 0.2% or 0.25% of the world's money supply?

The sky isn't the limit. The moon isn't the limit. Freaking Pluto is the limit.

What I'm saying here is for us as well as the trolls. Holding virtually any decent form of cryptocurrency will make you very wealthy if even a fraction of a percent of the world's money flows into crypto.

Yes Tok, it seems I am off for a decimal - I am not very good in simple math  Embarrassed

When I originally invested in Darkcoin I made a calculation (scrutinized and found correct regarding the numbers presented) based on shadow economy that pointed at 1 DRK = 0.80 BTC as a max value for one Darkcoin. Now the focus is not the shadow economy anymore so this calculation is as dead as the dead parrot or the Darkcoin itself...

Than the worst re-branding in history occurred and we have this 0.00554996 ratio which really makes me think about DASH's greatness. Betamax was far superior than VHS but the later outlasted the former for several, perhaps half a decade, years. I have no doubt in my mind that this thingy that is nor a coin neither the money is superior to Bitcoin's technology but I simply haven't got a clue will it survive at all...

We still have only a meager 3,421 members over at https://dashtalk.org/ and if you look here, there are only the usual suspects "defending" the DASH against the same number of trolls. We simply do not grow, do not have venture capital interested (still - but take a look at the structure of the Foundation board, they are close to it and yet nothing's going on, that the wider community is aware of, on that field) and are meekly positioning ourselves as the Bitcoin's superior competitor no one seems to care about.

So, as I always said - only the stamina of Evan and the developers team will decide DASH's future. Being totally out (again) as an investor I feel relief not to suffer the losses. I mean, I have - on the paper thus far - a profit of 76% on my BTC since I re-entered it at $234.00 and it feels better to gain than to lose Smiley

I mean, even as I typed this, DASH went down from 0.00554996 to 0.00545000. It's not fun to watch, much less to be in. (yeah, yeah, again, I know, in the dollar terms...)

Betamax was slightly superior. Dash is vastly so. Permit me to cross-post a comment I made on Slack:

My own take is this: if Bitcoin is like the internet in the mid-1990s, then Dash is like Arpanet in the late-1960s. In both cases the possibilities are endless; I do believe that vastly superior technology will ultimately win the day, but I also believe our investment time frame needs to be ​*at least*​ 5-10 years.

I originally got involved in crypto in December of 2014 ($20 Litecoin days!)...much to my chagrin. I've often reflected that if I'd gotten involved two months earlier or two months later, I would have been so much better off! But anyway, I came into this with the impression that within a year or two the lid was going to blow off and we would all be very wealthy.

After nearly two years of seeing Bitcoin (and by extension, all of crypto) in the doldrums, I've greatly lengthened my timeframe. I still believe crypto is going to secure a very significant place in the fintech world, and that Dash will be a big part of that...but I believe it will take a lot longer than I had initially believed. We're doing something the world doesn't understand--something like creating SMTP or TCP/IP--and the world won't mass-adopt it until it becomes something they do understand, like Gmail or Firefox.

tl;dr ... Rome wasn't built in a day.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:15:24 PM

HODL!  Grin

wozzek23

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:26:22 PM

Betamax was slightly superior. Dash is vastly so. Permit me to cross-post a comment I made on Slack:

My own take is this: if Bitcoin is like the internet in the mid-1990s, then Dash is like Arpanet in the late-1960s. In both cases the possibilities are endless; I do believe that vastly superior technology will ultimately win the day, but I also believe our investment time frame needs to be ​*at least*​ 5-10 years.

I originally got involved in crypto in December of 2014 ($20 Litecoin days!)...much to my chagrin. I've often reflected that if I'd gotten involved two months earlier or two months later, I would have been so much better off! But anyway, I came into this with the impression that within a year or two the lid was going to blow off and we would all be very wealthy.

After nearly two years of seeing Bitcoin (and by extension, all of crypto) in the doldrums, I've greatly lengthened my timeframe. I still believe crypto is going to secure a very significant place in the fintech world, and that Dash will be a big part of that...but I believe it will take a lot longer than I had initially believed. We're doing something the world doesn't understand--something like creating SMTP or TCP/IP--and the world won't mass-adopt it until it becomes something they do understand, like Gmail or Firefox.

You may have a point. What worries me is the very fact we tend to be myopic. Yes, DASH may be vastly superior to BTC (being a n00b I have no clue, I don't know what kind of development Bitcoin might implement in the future) but no one is really rolling their thumbs.

Since I fall in love with Darkcoin and out of love with DASH I completely stopped following any other alt, believing in Evan's genius. But if were a billionaire I would simply present him with an offer he could not refuse, and get him to star anew, on DASH technology without any baggage or unfortunate "branding" and voila!, in a jiffy DASH is dead. This far-fetched hypothetical situation is a hint about dangers such a fledgling project is facing...

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 04:28:19 PM

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_dash

pure manipulation, this small "500" Bot drives the price down to the ground.
We all know what's coming next.

A sell bot is not "pure manipulation" any more than one programmed to accumulate.

Manipulation is more like a coin's core dev talking up his book ("I'm buying") right before his marketing dept. starts dumping their insta-mined bags.

Nice 25% DASH CRASH today.

Less than 50 BTC in buy orders remain.

So much Evan Madoffield's rosy "triple bull signal" TA.

Will the last cultist to leave the compound please turn off the lights?   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:43:54 PM

You may have a point. What worries me is the very fact we tend to be myopic. Yes, DASH may be vastly superior to BTC (being a n00b I have no clue, I don't know what kind of development Bitcoin might implement in the future) but no one is really rolling their thumbs.

Since I fall in love with Darkcoin and out of love with DASH I completely stopped following any other alt, believing in Evan's genius. But if were a billionaire I would simply present him with an offer he could not refuse, and get him to star anew, on DASH technology without any baggage or unfortunate "branding" and voila!, in a jiffy DASH is dead. This far-fetched hypothetical situation is a hint about dangers such a fledgling project is facing...

Three responses:

a) In terms of what Bitcoin might implement in the future, I suspect the answer is "nearly nothing." They have been arguing for three years over the trivial change of increasing block size. I suspect that if they can't agree on something so trivial, they will never be able to agree on something truly challenging, like implementing Lightning Network or Sidechains or Confidential Transactions.

b) For every "Betamax was superior but VHS ultimately won" argument, I'm reminded of the countless times when the technologically superior competitor DID, in fact, win. Occasionally the world sees Betamax fall to VHS. But far more often, the world sees MySpace fall to Facebook. In countless examples that have been referenced ad nauseum, the initial entrant to a field was ultimately overthrown by a later rival, despite the advantages of network effect.

c) In the event that Evan should ever choose to use his talents elsewhere, the project will continue under the auspices of the other developers. As much as I don't want to ever see Evan leave the project, it's naive to assume that he will continue to work solely on Dash for the rest of his career (he is only in his early thirties!).

Dash - Digital Cash
BitWater

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:52:51 PM

I can see Dash hitting .004 befor encountering any significant resistance, anything below that I might begin to get concerned...

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
wozzek23

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:56:45 PM

Three responses:

a) In terms of what Bitcoin might implement in the future, I suspect the answer is "nearly nothing." They have been arguing for three years over the trivial change of increasing block size. I suspect that if they can't agree on something so trivial, they will never be able to agree on something truly challenging, like implementing Lightning Network or Sidechains or Confidential Transactions.

b) For every "Betamax was superior but VHS ultimately won" argument, I'm reminded of the countless times when the technologically superior competitor DID, in fact, win. Occasionally the world sees Betamax fall to VHS. But far more often, the world sees MySpace fall to Facebook. In countless examples that have been referenced ad nauseum, the initial entrant to a field was ultimately overthrown by a later rival, despite the advantages of network effect.

c) In the event that Evan should ever choose to use his talents elsewhere, the project will continue under the auspices of the other developers. As much as I don't want to ever see Evan leave the project, it's naive to assume that he will continue to work solely on Dash for the rest of his career (he is only in his early thirties!).

Just for fun and to play the devil's advocate:

a) Apple was a dying company rescued by, none less than Microsoft and its $200M dollars investment. Than Steve Jobs had returned...

b) This is by far the best argument I can't argue against Smiley

c) It's too early in this project's life to speculate it would be able to survive and thrive without Evan. I am aware of numerous advantages his project has and I do hope it would survive long enough to attract a critical mass of users / investors needed for its long-term success. Otherwise MNs are going to be like a perpetuum mobile machine producing nothing of value but the "units" of something no one uses.

Granted, my long-term outlook is greatly impeded by this staggering, real time loss of DASH, relative to BTC, value, now at 0.00530262

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:07:46 PM

All the attention is on BTC, everyone's staring at the charts trading and forgotten alt markets for now. If more new people are coming into cryptos that's good for all of us. Question is what happens when BTC stabilizes and traders will start looking new volatile markets to make profit on.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:13:43 PM

Three responses:

Just for fun and to play the devil's advocate:

a) Apple was a dying company rescued by, none less than Microsoft and its $200M dollars investment. Than Steve Jobs had returned...

b) This is by far the best argument I can't argue against Smiley

c) It's too early in this project's life to speculate it would be able to survive and thrive without Evan. I am aware of numerous advantages his project has and I do hope it would survive long enough to attract a critical mass of users / investors needed for its long-term success. Otherwise MNs are going to be like a perpetuum mobile machine producing nothing of value but the "units" of something no one uses.

Granted, my long-term outlook is greatly impeded by this staggering, real time loss of DASH, relative to BTC, value, now at 0.00530262

You are correct in many ways. I would suggest that one key difference is the decentralized consensus model that governs crypto-currency. There has never been anything like it in the world, so to speak of Apple being bailed out by Microsoft and the return of Jobs, while accurate, isn't necessarily relevant. Unless Satoshi returns, Bitcoin is likely to continue being helplessly mired in the political disaster that is already present. Many of the leading developers are basically saying that development of the protocol is done for good, and that all new features will have to come from services built on top of the protocol.

Don't get me wrong--Bitcoin is great, but it isn't finished. It's slow, it can't handle enough transactions per second, and its blockchain can't scale. It has governance problems and perpetual funding issues, relying on the generosity of users who contribute to a foundation, or on the generosity of MIT University. Not only that, but make one tiny mistake and Bitcoin's psuedo-anonymity is broken and your entire financial picture, from beginning to end, is revealed. Despite all that, the community, in three years, can't even address the issue of increasing the block size.

Mark my words: Bitcoin's number one handicap is political deadlock and failure to achieve consensus.

Dash - Digital Cash
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:16:56 PM

everybody relax please
the price is down
no surprise as BTC has all the action these days
(check the other Alts, all down)
just give it a bit of time and it will all balance out again !
 Grin
razen489

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:17:28 PM

BTC price is uptrending, why is DASH not performing well in BTC term?
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/dash/btc

are people selling Dash in USD term?
BitWater

Activity: 402
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:24:19 PM

Dash USD value almost hit 3.00 during this upswing, while yes its BTC value went down. It hit a low of 2.15 before this, so considering that it has done well on a USD scale. I have to remember that sometimes.

Dash has been almost too stable USD wise.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:26:03 PM

Traders are fully concentrated on BTC right now. They are who are providing the liquidity normally.
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:55:51 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 06:08:39 PM by noah tall

If you don't grasp that DASH has fixed Bitcoin's fungibility issues, you are the idiot, not me...
Please read a book on economics.

fixed.

All DASH are interchangeable, mixed or not.

"Fungibility is the property of a good or a commodity whose individual units are capable of mutual substitution. That is, it is the property of essences or goods which are "capable of being substituted in place of one another."

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:10:15 PM

I think I'd do the same if I were an investor.  You can always come back in if you like what they're doing with Evolution, or if that creates a buzz.  Personally, I think a marketplace is the most important need at the moment.  I just keep thinking about all the people buying up bitcoin in China, then realizing they need to pay the rent or feed the kids, then they have to sell it again.  Even Bitcoin has practically no adoption.  Open Bazaar is really great, but it's not going to support any alts, and worse still, it's not easy to use which is what you'll need if you want to get the Ebay crowd to use it.

With Masternodes, we could make a great marketplace that is easy for buyers and sellers to use.  We need to do that, and do it soon, IMHO.

I think Dash is clearly not going after any venture capital, either.  I haven't heard any talk like that since we introduced the 7% reduction in block rewards every year.  I think the 10% block reward as a budget is supposed to replace the need for venture capital.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:12:28 PM

Looks like BTC is suspending its rise, a lot of dumping is taking place on Bitfinex : https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/btcusd

question is : will it drag Huobi down too ?

In the mean time Dash is making a slow and steady rise ....

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 06:29:41 PM

the price is down

The price is not down.

no crash at all

OK DashHoles, please get your story straight.  The Baghdad Bob hand-waving isn't helping.

The price is obviously crashing in terms of BTC.  If focusing on the fiat price helps you live in denial, that's fine.

But you can't deny there has been a giant CRASH in total bids.

No bids = No support

The stampede for the fire exits I predicted last week is now underway.  There's only about 50 BTC in bids between here and zero.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:40:15 PM

Trolls trolling the ANN Dash Forum : Week 45 Year 2015

* YourMother
* AdamWhite / TheDasher
* iCEBREAKER
* DrkLvr_
* dnaleor
* smoothie

Dash instamine facts : https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Pages: « 1 ... 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 5347 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 [5388] 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 5398 5399 5400 5401 5402 5403 5404 5405 5406 5407 5408 5409 5410 5411 5412 5413 5414 5415 5416 5417 5418 5419 5420 5421 5422 5423 5424 5425 5426 5427 5428 5429 5430 5431 5432 5433 5434 5435 5436 5437 5438 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: