Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:53:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 [6153] 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 01:56:19 PM

Just a heads up for the ones not on slack, flare confirmed that

95% of miners/pool have updated to 12.1

Shit is getting real :rocket:

Cool

100 hrs after  Dash 12.1 Launch = 98% - 100% Miner Support !
What a community - Tx to All ; )
Please retweet !!
https://twitter.com/Dashpay/status/830019978367741953

WOW did not expect that fast - new record. Congrats to the Dash network & miners. Fastest upgrade by miners ever!

Great to see, but does anyone know why moocowmoo's masternode.me stats still show dashd v0.12.00.58? Earlier there was a suggestion that moocowmoo may not have updated servers yet, but that seems out of character and inconsistent with the graph above.

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:03:44 PM

Cool

Please retweet !!

WOW did not expect that fast - new record. Congrats to the Dash network & miners. Fastest upgrade by miners ever!

Great to see, but does anyone know why moocowmoo's masternode.me stats still show dashd v0.12.00.58? Earlier there was a suggestion that moocowmoo may not have updated servers yet, but that seems out of character and inconsistent with the graph above.

Hi, the graph above is about mining support not masternodes.

And I believe the 12.0.58 that you see may be nodes missing a masternode start from the new wallet  by the coin owner.

Please take this second part with a grain of salt but that is my first instinct.

Edit: Just to add that I know MooCow has been working hard on his masternode updates and helping people, so better check on the masternode start side.

Did you check your masternode tab on the new qt wallet where you have your masternode.conf?
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:38:52 PM

And I believe the 12.0.58 that you see may be nodes missing a masternode start from the new wallet  by the coin owner.

Please take this second part with a grain of salt but that is my first instinct.

Edit: Just to add that I know MooCow has been working hard on his masternode updates and helping people, so better check on the masternode start side.

Did you check your masternode tab on the new qt wallet where you have your masternode.conf?

Hi. Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I knew that it was a miner graph - I meant to say that if almost everyone has updated then surely moocowmoo would have been one of the first. I suspect the problem is on my end because of that. My attempts to restart did not work out well so far, so I'd better dig further.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 02:46:09 PM

Hi. Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I knew that it was a miner graph - I meant to say that if almost everyone has updated then surely moocowmoo would have been one of the first. I suspect the problem is on my end because of that. My attempts to restart did not work out well so far, so I'd better dig further.

Oh well masternode update is fully independent from mining pool update. Masternodes are still in the process I only updated today.

On a different note, Dash is starting CLTV signaling at 75% - mining adoption so any moment now.  Cool
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:30:23 PM

Heh - I checked it a day or two back, marveled at its elegance, and then forgot all about it. Looking at it again now I saw it reporting "status ENABLED" while the wallet was syncing, then "WATCHDOG EXPIRED" once it synced. I pressed the "Start Alias" button (hey, this is way easier than doing it with console commands) and got a message that the MN had started. My earlier attempts through the console had all reported failure to start. The "WATCHDOG EXPIRED" status is still on (needs a mouseover explanation?) and the masternode.me stats still say don't say 12.1 a few minutes and refreshes later, but I think things may be OK. I'll keep an eye on it. Now to do my other 100 MNs (I wish).

Thanks for the suggestion!

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 03:37:05 PM

Reality Check: Tao Responds To Tone Vays And FluffyPony

https://youtu.be/9zgjJVvnDyk

#DashNation #CashAlternative

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:52:05 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2017, 06:31:44 PM by qwizzie

Oh well masternode update is fully independent from mining pool update. Masternodes are still in the process I only updated today.

On a different note, Dash is starting CLTV signaling at 75% - mining adoption so any moment now.  Cool

Icey will be very happy to hear this, i remember his "concerns" like yesterday about Dash not having CLTV.  Roll Eyes
To those that may wonder what CLTV is and who are also not familiar with using Google : https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/checklocktimeverify-or-how-a-time-lock-patch-will-boost-bitcoin-s-potential-1446658530/

In the mean time lets take a look at Dash network conversion towards v0.12.1 :

Miners on v0.12.1 for the last 24 hours  :
https://www.dashninja.pl/blocks.html

Masternode Versions :
https://www.dashninja.pl/masternodes.html

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:41:27 PM

A well done and informative presentation Tao! Good responses to the criticism and some humor gave a clear picture of the differences in opinions with regards to the potential investors.

Thumbs up and thanks for all your efforts for the Dash community!
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 09:01:39 PM

I concur. The disgusting and vicious lie that Evan supposedly "lied" about not launching the coin and then launched it without announcement anyway is especially pathetic when all you have to do is scroll down to see him clearly announce the launch beforehand to anyone interested. Argument from butthurt: Confirmed!

I've seen the same Manuro hater lie-tactic perpetuated in another instance where they said the client didn't compile "intentionally" so that Evan had an unfair advantage when just 2 posts later the person complaining admitted he made a mistake and it was his own fault. Of course this was misleadingly and fraudulently omitted by our failing detractors.
Just like they omitted the fact that their shitcoin was cripplemined -provably intentionally- and was therefore launched as a criminal scam defrauding naive investors.

Great job, Tao!

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 09:04:47 PM

I concur. The disgusting and vicious lie that Evan supposedly "lied" about not launching the coin and then launched it without announcement anyway is especially pathetic when all you have to do is scroll down to see him clearly announce the launch beforehand to anyone interested. Argument from butthurt: Confirmed!

I've seen the same Manuro hater lie-tactic perpetuated in another instance where they said the client didn't compile "intentionally" so that Evan had an unfair advantage when just 2 posts later the person complaining admitted he made a mistake and it was his own fault. Of course this was misleadingly and fraudulently omitted by our failing detractors.
Just like they omitted the fact that their shitcoin was cripplemined -provably intentionally- and was therefore launched as a criminal scam defrauding naive investors.

Great job, Tao!

A well done and informative presentation Tao! Good responses to the criticism and some humor gave a clear picture of the differences in opinions with regards to the potential investors.

Thumbs up and thanks for all your efforts for the Dash community!

Thanks, guys! The previous video was so full of hot air, it needed to be popped!  Grin

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 10:44:59 PM

Cool

Please retweet !!

I shot him an email at moocowmoo@masternode.me and he hooked me up. I think he's just really busy!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
oly1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 10:55:11 PM

Heh - I checked it a day or two back, marveled at its elegance, and then forgot all about it. Looking at it again now I saw it reporting "status ENABLED" while the wallet was syncing, then "WATCHDOG EXPIRED" once it synced. I pressed the "Start Alias" button (hey, this is way easier than doing it with console commands) and got a message that the MN had started. My earlier attempts through the console had all reported failure to start. The "WATCHDOG EXPIRED" status is still on (needs a mouseover explanation?) and the masternode.me stats still say don't say 12.1 a few minutes and refreshes later, but I think things may be OK. I'll keep an eye on it. Now to do my other 100 MNs (I wish).

may be this can help
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/what-is-the-mean-watchdog_expired.13014/
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 11:15:43 PM

Great job, Tao!

i have a better angle (and topic) at looking at the instamine stuff..

how about..."masternodes concept/idea/plan" was secretly hidden from the public's eye for 1 month by Evan and co . before launching the coin and a month after the instamine.

that's right, the one you guys are non-stop posting like on every page on this thread "MASTERNODES"  Grin

check the dates Wink

this will give you folks a different angle on the instamine (crosspost from why dash instamine matters thread)

dash's first month

Ok I get it now. So it is no good. But can anyone explain why the price is rising?

It's rising because it's one of the most coherent monetary assets on coinmarketcap, being that it retains bitcoin's blokchain transparency while improving massively on its fungibility to the point that distinguishing characteristics between addresses are effectively eliminated.

Further, Dash has established a balanced approach between reserve and currency markets thats almost unmatched by any other cryptocurrency asset. That's to say that while some proportion of the coin supply is made available by holders on exchanges for trading, a significant proportion of the rest of it is deployed on the network and earns a return for its holders.

This is in fact not really true.  The coins held in Master nodes are not production investment that earns interest as in a normal currency reserve system, where "saving" is in fact (delegated) investment in production capital.  In other words, "saved" money in a normal monetary economy are not "put in a box" but are again actively used by entrepreneurs to buy production capital.  That money keeps flowing, in other words, it is not locked up in a box as is the case in a Master node.

The "interest earning" in Master nodes is nothing else but a re-distribution of seigniorage by mining ; in other words, a tax on every currency holder, that goes in the pockets of Master node holders: a transfer of wealth from active users to "passive possessors".

In a normal economy, the interest earned comes from the risk taken.  A master node locked up doesn't take the slightest bit of risk but earns 45% of the seigniorage.

You can say that in bitcoin too, there is inflation because of mining.  However, because in bitcoin, the full seigniorage goes to the miner, that miner will also be pushed by competition to BURN most of the seigniorage in PoW.  In DASH, because the miner will only receive 45% of the seigniorage, competition will only make him burn 45% of the seigniorage in PoW, and the rest goes in the pockets of Master nodes and the "gouvernors".  Now, that is EXTREMELY SIMILAR to central banking and their interest rates on issued currency feeding a whole bunch of elite with free money, taxed by inflation on all the others.

In bitcoin, at least, this "tax" is entirely (or almost entirely) burned by PoW, so there is not really a self-accumulation of wealth without risk by the "richies of the first hour(s)".

Also because of this lucrative locking up of a large part of the money supply in master nodes, the ACTUAL available market cap of DASH is way lower than is calculated, because the available coin supply is seriously lower than the total number of coins existing.  

But all this is not to point out that DASH is a kind of rip off.  There is simply no other way to do some form of automated secured coinjoin mixing with bitcoin technology: you need "trusted parties", and so you need to provide them with sufficient incentive to do so (the master nodes).  This implies re-centralisation, governance, and hence, taxes and lucrative happenings for the elite which get richer.

The remaining question is how many master nodes are under independent control.  If that number is too small, then the anonymity of the mixing becomes compromised too.

masternodes are already in plan even before they launched dash....hence the importance of the instamine to grab an astounding amount of dash

This is another lie (a lie you like to repeat again and again). I know because I was there.

Anyone can read the Dash thread from day one to check.

here goes... get ready for some ass whoopin! and check the dates

Great, now that everything is stable, I'll be posting later about the vision of this project and milestones! Time to move on to actually implementing what I set out to do.

this is posted after the 48hr instamine

ka ching! Evan and his friends pocketed a lot of coins.... great indeed very great Evan *clap* *clap*

aaaaannd before he posted this (quote below)

Evan already forked DASH from 84 Million supply to about 21 Million

and you can see him posting, WTB 20,000 and WTB 10,000 DASH  <------ the greed of this guy knows no boundary  Grin

and then this! (the vision of this project and milestones)

In reply to: http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/1yit1a/using_coinjoin_for_anonymity_is_errorprone/

I'm posting this here, for everyone's benefit. Thanks!

Hi, I am Gnosis, the Anoncoin developer working on implementing Zerocoin. First of all, I think it is excellent that there is so much interest in developing a fully anonymous currency. I am not just a developer but also a user, or I will be when an anonymous currency exists! When coin creators compete, the coin users win!
However, CoinJoin has been around for a while, and it has not seen much use for anonymity. There's a good reason for that: it's not very anonymous.
Quoting my bitcointalk post:
CoinJoin has questionable anonymity compared to Zerocoin. The reason is that with CoinJoin, two or more users must somehow partner up and forge a transaction together. They communicate over a secure channel to do this. The coins are only mixed among these "partners." Picking partners you can trust is a significant obstacle: how can you know that your partners will "forget" the mixing that happened? One may try to repeat this 10 times with randomly chosen partners, but how can you know that your partners are not all just sock puppets of one malicious entity (on an anonymous network, it is trivial to create as many fake users as you want )? If that is the case, then your efforts are in vain.
Compare this with Zerocoin, where you put your coins in an accumulator, and they are mixed with the coins of all users who have put coins into that accumulator, since the beginning of Zerocoin. There would be a different accumulator for different denominations of Anoncoins (1, 5, 10, 50 ANC, etc.).
To put it simply, the more users' coins your coins are mixed with, the more anonymity you have.
I cannot speak to Darkcoin's implementation (or planned implementation) of CoinJoin since I cannot seem to find any specs or code on their Github or their site. If anyone knows, please point me to them.
I look forward to a practical and secure solution for anonymity from the DarkCoin devs! Smiley

First off, these are fantastic questions. The answer to implementing this in such a way where it is very difficulty to exploit is by adding cost and verification.

Here’s the gist of how I envision DarkSend to work in the long run. Some of what I’m going to mention is done, some of it I’m working on currently. I’d love some ideas on possible attack vectors on my implementation, so we can make it as bulletproof as possible.

Pools

DarkSend adds various extensions to the Bitcoin protocol for implementing transaction pooling. Like normal Coinjoin the pools take transactions in stages. The stages currently are:

POOL_STATUS_IDLE
POOL_STATUS_ACCEPTING_INPUTS
POOL_STATUS_ACCEPTING_OUTPUTS
POOL_STATUS_SIGNING
POOL_STATUS_TRANSMISSION

So the users relay these items throughout the network as the stages happen. After all items are gathered into the pool, the transactions are merged together into one, remotely signed and then broadcasted.

Masters

To defeat propagation problems, master nodes are elected each new block. They are responsible for being the authority of what goes into the joined transaction each session. This is done in a tamperproof way, but I think it’s not important to the discussion.

So what is the cost?

There must be a cost to using this anonymous network, otherwise like you say there will be issues with millions of accounts popping up. I’m not dead set on which solution(s) to implement, but here’s a couple ideas:

Burnt Identities

Higher difficulty shares to the current block would be mined and then stored in the blockchain permanently. Multiple of these would be used for each transaction and would be “burnt” when misused, causing the attacker to have to mine them again.  

Verification?

To use the pools it will require unique unspend outputs, someone that wants to mess with the system would have to have a large pool of funds in many addresses. So to attack a pool with 100 slots, you would require funds dispersed to 99 addresses, on 99 nodes working in common.

Other possible fee-less solutions?

There is interesting research on protecting against sybil attacks that lends itself really well to a decentralized ledger, such as this paper:

http://dimacs.rutgers.edu/Workshops/InformationSecurity/slides/gamesandreputation.pdf

The idea is to build a social graph of the inputs and outputs of each entry and they should all know different people. If 99 of them all have the same “friends” that they associate with, then they’ll have to enter a different pool. Which will ensure the pool is not full of the nodes belonging to the attacker.

An application for machine learning?

I’m been making models for trading equities for over 7 years now. I ran a financial firm that sold the signals for a few years and I have experience with natural language processing using classifiers. So, I could make a classifier and actually embed it into Darkcoin to determine which pool a node should use, to separate out nodes that seem to be in common.

Other ideas?

I’m open to ideas on how to provide the best security to the network. I would love to hear what people have in mind.

I’ve been working on DarkSend about a month and we’ve already fixed the decentralization and propagation issues, this is just another bridge to cross in the future.

Thanks!

BOOM! a month after the launch date (instamine), accumulation and forking the coin...GREAT indeed Evan *clap* *clap*

postlude...

it is not about just bugs in the code, its about how sneaky and untrustworthy dash beginnings is.
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 11:58:25 PM

may be this can help

Thanks, oly1. Some of that is what I'd hope to see in a popup, so people don't have to chase down a link. A question that doesn't have to be asked doesn't have to be answered, kind of thing.         Wink

I think some of the specific content (re Sentinel) doesn't seem to apply to people who use moocowmoo's remote MN hosting service though - I may be wrong - that's my central issue, actually.

In any case, I'll wait a while (Sunday?) then check my status with moocowmoo if it doesn't sort itself out before then.

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:02:51 AM

may be this can help

Thanks, oly1. Some of that is what I'd hope to see in a popup, so people don't have to chase down a link. A question that doesn't have to be asked doesn't have to be answered, kind of thing.         Wink

I think some of the specific content (re Sentinel) doesn't seem to apply to people who use moocowmoo's remote MN hosting service though - I may be wrong - that's my central issue, actually.

In any case, I'll wait a while (Sunday?) then check my status with moocowmoo if it doesn't sort itself out before then.

On your masternode.me page, what do you see by "dashd." If you see: dashd v0.12.01.00 then he has upgraded your remote server. If it says dashd v0.12.00.58 then he has not yet done so, and there isn't anything you can do until he does.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:07:41 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2017, 03:33:08 AM by aigeezer

On your masternode.me page, what do you see by "dashd." If you see: dashd v0.12.01.00 then he has upgraded your remote server. If it says dashd v0.12.00.58 then he has not yet done so, and there isn't anything you can do until he does.

Yup, still dashd v0.12.00.58. (See a few posts up also). I'll just wait then. Sorry for the hassle and thanks to all for the suggestions.

Edit: Update, moocowmoo must have updated the server (Saturday where I am) and I'm now seeing 12.01. Happy camper, me.

Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 12:11:25 AM

*facepalm*

Dear little arielshit!

You really are retarded beyond redemption.

I now realize you're so butthurt over Dash because you only invest in coins in which the creator does not have a fucking clue what he wants to do with it after launch.

This is why you're so infuriated by a quote like this

Great, now that everything is stable, I'll be posting later about the vision of this project and milestones! Time to move on to actually implementing what I set out to do.

It's too hard for you to grasp the concept of having a concept and a vision. You're such an angry sad little turd who missed out on the greatness and success of Dash that you're trying to portray the very idea of planning for success as something evil.

You really have a mental insanity that can never be cured.

I recommend brain-extraction therapy as the only viable solution.

All the best, Kiss

The sane part of mankind

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:17:33 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2017, 12:28:54 AM by qwizzie

may be this can help

Thanks, oly1. Some of that is what I'd hope to see in a popup, so people don't have to chase down a link. A question that doesn't have to be asked doesn't have to be answered, kind of thing.         Wink

a few things to remember when starting your masternode from local (cold) wallet :

* local wallet will need a re-index too
* masternode.conf will need to have an externalip address (for example externalip=123.123.123.123)
* issue masternode start-alias yrmasternodelabelfromyourmasternode.conf passwordphrase

(appearently masternode start-missing is for version updates, when your masternode is still payment-ranked on the network and masternode start-alias is for protocol updates or when you are totally kicked off the network)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:37:13 AM

OMG, Tao, you look AWESOME in a suit!  Are you competing with Amanda's good looks?  LOL XXXOOO

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 12:43:28 AM

Looks like Dash is solidifying on rank 6 and is slowly climbing to rank 5
on coinmarketcap... i like it  Grin

There is still one thing that could really shake things up : ETF possibly getting approved 11th of march 2017,
which could drive the Bitcoin price up and puts all the altcoins (including Dash) under additional sell pressure again.

link : http://www.coindesk.com/charts-etf-approval-impact-bitcoins-price/

Pages: « 1 ... 6103 6104 6105 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 [6153] 6154 6155 6156 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: