Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:15:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 [6156] 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
megges

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:38:22 AM

THIS IS A RE-POST FROM: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/qt-wallet-and-a-bootstrap.13075/
Please visit and VOTE!!

-------------------------------------------------------
Maybe this has been talked about - maybe not

BUT....

Why is it that - when anybody downloads the DASH Wallet......

....... why can't the current BlockChain be a-part of the installation?

I mean - we are downloading the MOST recent version from DASH.org/downloads anyway....

WHY NOT have the BlockChain included?

Why wait hours to install initially?

Say - Once a month, update the current release with the BlockChain available to-date

Yes, it will increase the total download size, time and bandwidth of the service provider and the user
BUT -
It will decrease the Total Time it takes to get the New User up and running

If we are looking to increase New Customer Satisfaction
Should we not also look at decreasing New Customer frustrations
- especially with the RIGHT NOW world we live in?

1st impressions mean everything
And - in my opinion - the DASH installation is not currently worthy of the DASH name.....
I mean come on - think about it...

Will you, the reader, SUPPORT a downloadable version of DASH that includes the most recent BlockChain?

Example:

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

[instert OS here]
Dash V.12.1 32 bit
Dash V.12.1 64 bit
Dash V.12.1 32 bit with BootStrap
Dash V.12.1 64 bit with BootStrap
------------------------------------------

THIS IS A RE-POST FROM: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/qt-wallet-and-a-bootstrap.13075/
Please visit and VOTE!!

I don't think we need a bundle, however perhaps it should be better documented / linked.

Just download the bootstrap file from https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap and save it to .dashcore/bootstrap.dat, works like a charm !

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:37:07 AM

now...after all this shills appearing around, did anyone of these bitches answered if Evan did really hide the "masternode concept" before launching and after 1 month since this shitcoin is launched?

You do understand that masternodes were a game-theory outgrowth of preventing mixing nodes from being sybil-attacked, right?

my question is about DASH beginnings, and when the "marternodes concept" (hoarding and locking 1000 coins per masternode) was deceptively hidden from the public's eye by Evan and co. ...

i'm not asking about how these masternodes works.
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 03:36:45 AM

now...after all this shills appearing around, did anyone of these bitches answered if Evan did really hide the "masternode concept" before launching and after 1 month since this shitcoin is launched?

You do understand that masternodes were a game-theory outgrowth of preventing mixing nodes from being sybil-attacked, right?

my question is about DASH beginnings, and when the "marternodes concept" (hoarding and locking 1000 coins per masternode) was deceptively hidden from the public's eye by Evan and co. ...

"Deceptively hidden" implies someone asked him about it and he lied. Please produce some proof for this. Otherwise this claim is as accurate as your "timing attack" infographic, which is not. Developers are free to disclose information about their projects when they see fit if not bound by some legal agreement.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 05:40:20 AM

Please visit and VOTE!!

-------------------------------------------------------
Maybe this has been talked about - maybe not

BUT....

Why is it that - when anybody downloads the DASH Wallet......

....... why can't the current BlockChain be a-part of the installation?

I mean - we are downloading the MOST recent version from DASH.org/downloads anyway....

WHY NOT have the BlockChain included?

Why wait hours to install initially?

Say - Once a month, update the current release with the BlockChain available to-date

Yes, it will increase the total download size, time and bandwidth of the service provider and the user
BUT -
It will decrease the Total Time it takes to get the New User up and running

If we are looking to increase New Customer Satisfaction
Should we not also look at decreasing New Customer frustrations
- especially with the RIGHT NOW world we live in?

1st impressions mean everything
And - in my opinion - the DASH installation is not currently worthy of the DASH name.....
I mean come on - think about it...

Will you, the reader, SUPPORT a downloadable version of DASH that includes the most recent BlockChain?

Example:

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

[instert OS here]
Dash V.12.1 32 bit
Dash V.12.1 64 bit
Dash V.12.1 32 bit with BootStrap
Dash V.12.1 64 bit with BootStrap
------------------------------------------

Please visit and VOTE!!

I don't think we need a bundle, however perhaps it should be better documented / linked.

Just download the bootstrap file from https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap and save it to .dashcore/bootstrap.dat, works like a charm !

Yes-
But as always - I am thinking of others...
...Less DASH fortunate than I am

Working on a solution over on DASH.org/forum...

Would be nice for newbies to be up and running in under an hour and not MANY hours later.

It's not rocket science and we also should also think about the un-coded and under-coded individuals out there.

I agree the bootstrap needs to be linked, preferably on the download page, with an explanation of what it is.  BUT, with Evolution, nobody is going to download a full blockchain unless they're doing a masternode install, or full node because they want their own somewhere.  Evolution wallets will tap directly into the blockchain, through masternodes, through verifiable channels, and will be as good as having your own blockchain downloaded.  The days of heavy wallets will soon be over, because they won't be necessary to achieve trustless, distributed access to the blockchain.

So although I agree, it's a total pain in the butt for newbs to get up and running, nothing we do will make it much better until we get rid of the need to run a full node/wallet for personal security - sans making it easier to find the bootstrap.  When the light wallet is just as secure, that will be the real and only solution.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:19:46 AM

"Deceptively hidden" implies someone asked him about it and he lied. Please produce some proof for this. Otherwise this claim is as accurate as your "timing attack" infographic, which is not. Developers are free to disclose information about their projects when they see fit if not bound by some legal agreement.

google deceptively:
in a way or to an extent that gives a misleading impression.

I said deceptively hidden, not deceptively lied....i'm not implying anything, just take the words as it is..

even after a month since Xcoin is launched and masternode concept is already made public..i can still use the word "deceptively" (meaning: misleading impression )

---snip---
Masters

To defeat propagation problems, master nodes are elected each new block. They are responsible for being the authority of what goes into the joined transaction each session. This is done in a tamperproof way, but I think it’s not important to the discussion.

---snip---

Otherwise this claim is as accurate as your "timing attack" infographic, which is not.

you mean this??

That is why you should mix coins in advance and better not the exact amount you are going to spend privately.

i like you to make a manual on that for the newbs and for the next generation of crypto users heheh...like, mix a 100 coins when you are going to spend 80 coins...and oh, mix your coins on thursday before spending them in saturday LOOOOL  Grin

i'm no coder/software engineer/programmer but when we conclude in our discussion that this is your work around to get privacy--that's is super lame. i don't need to look at the code/ white paper to know stuff, i just look at the results and it is as clear as day, DASH private send is like the cassette tape in it's dying breath  Wink
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:37:34 AM

Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Dash Cryptocurrency w Amanda B Johnson

https://youtu.be/8GwsmnHE3Rk
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:30:42 AM

that very last part can be a bit tricky, specially with Dash.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Riseman

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:22:06 PM

misleading impression
i'm no coder/software engineer/programmer but when we conclude in our discussion that this is your work around to get privacy--that's is super lame. i don't need to look at the code/ white paper to know stuff, i just look at the results and it is as clear as day, DASH private send is like the cassette tape in it's dying breath  Wink

There is nothing misleading there because nothing was implied/promised. Your demagogic approach fails to prove anything.

And you seem to agree that timing attack the way you described it is impossible. Good Smiley

Usability issues is a whole different question and not related to the things we were discussing. But sometimes you really do have to read the manual to use the new tech.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:31:06 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2017, 05:10:33 PM by arielbit

yup..or worse stolen  Roll Eyes (for the people who knows what's stolen... here's a smile for you  Grin )

EDIT: screen-cap this one...the picture speaks louder than words  Wink

kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:41:38 PM

Just got my first 12.1 mn payment  Cheesy
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:46:30 PM

misleading impression

There is nothing misleading there because nothing was implied/promised. Your demagogic approach fails to prove anything.

And you seem to agree that timing attack the way you described it is impossible. Good Smiley

Usability issues is a whole different question and not related to the things we were discussing. But sometimes you really do have to read the manual to use the new tech.

nothing was implied or promised by Evan for more than a month, but he knows something and the plan is set--he will make maternodes with a certain amount of coins locked (1000 DASH) and turn it to a HYIP  Wink ... and the other tech stuff of course.

makes sense why a person/s have to orchestrate an instamine..a perfect motive to grab as many coins as possible and reduce the supply from 84M to 21M...

the instamine issue was always portrayed here as an accident...but I'm putting "MOTIVE" on the table here  Wink

i agree you found a work-around the timing attack, but still you have to follow the lame-ass manual...and as i have mentioned before, the FBI prosecutor found a way around bitcoin mixers, DASH was forked from bitcoin and private send was a fork of coin join...you get the picture? ... DASH privacy was over that's why monero flew above DASH, ZCASH will too.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 01:08:57 PM

Just got my first 12.1 mn payment  Cheesy

Got my first 12.1 payment yesterday - we are in business.
Once enforcement is on, its full steam ahead Evolution!
GameunitsSEO

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Entrepreneur

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 01:46:58 PM

#I think i buy some dash too looks very nice  Wink

Gameunits We're enabling the 2 billion unbanked Gamers to shop on any online merchant.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:58:01 PM

Interesting.

I was listening to The Anarchist interview of Amanda and I thought the "joke" from Mr. Jeff Berwick regarding what a pioneer is, was funny, so I searched Google "what is a pioneer arrows in back" and I found this article by Steve Blank, written in 2010.  For me, it was a great read.  I'm a blue collar kind of person.  Father was a machinist, and I went into construction.  So I didn't really study business, and even if I did, I'm sure that I would have been taught the importance of "First mover advantage".  The thing is, since coming here to this space, I have always found the Bitcoin war cry of being the first mover, and having that advantage was .... well, BS.

With only my limited knowledge and at the time, only knowledge being that of the "real world" I could see so many examples where first mover was no advantage.  The classic "My Space" vs "Facebook", Palm (I still have one) and iphone/blackberry/android, Lycos, Excite, Infoseek vs Google, etc... My 80+ year old mom still uses excite, so in a way, not changing anything might actually be an advantage Smiley  Unfortunately, servicing people over 80.... well it's a diminishing population, isn't it? (except my mom, she'll live well into her hundreds, I'm sure!)   So within two weeks of my first looking into Bitcoin, Dash was launched.  Unlike almost everyone here, I never went through a love affair with Bitcoin.  As I was learning about Cryptos, I was learning how dysfunctional Bitcoin was, and this guy named Evan Duffield seemed like he was full of energy and wanted to DO things.  I just had a gut feeling, and nothing to lose, so I became a Dash cheerleader.  Boy was a right!  (how many people can say that?  LOL) It was probably just pure luck, but there were signs of serious commitment, the first of which was that Evan used his real name; completely exposing himself.  He also said from the start that he wanted to make Dash mainstream, for everyone.  Being born with a dislike for authority and over reaching governments, and people who tried to control me (I go rabid when cornered) I knew that if we were ever going to make a positive change in this world, we'd have to do it on the up and up, and later came to realize the importance of staying completely independent, unto ourselves.

Still, I kept hearing about this "impossible" first mover advantage of Bitcoin, and my guts told me that was BS.  Obviously it is.  Unfortunately, many business students of the 90's still believe it's important and an actual "law" though it's been debunked over and over again.  So if you subscribe to Bitcoin having a first mover advantage or worst still, Bitcoin maximalism, you probably should read the above article and other articles related to the subject, and get your head clear of that misconception/bad theory that was debunked by the first professor to propose it himself.

So what about Dash's "first mover advantage"  Isn't Dash in the same position?  Won't Dash be overtaken by another project doing things better?

Sure!  Of course that can happen.  But is it likely?  Well, lets look at what Dash has:

1.  Dash has a "problem solving" mentality.  Their goal is to solve USER problems, so as to bring the world to crypto.
2.  Dash has proven itself to be nimble.  We just had a HUGE major fork.  This is something like our 4th fork. (done spork style of course)
3.  Dash has funding for the foreseeable future, which, instead of diminishing, increases with success.  More success = more value = larger budget
4.  Dash's self funding model allows it to remain faithful to the users and not be hijacked by special interest groups.  Why?  Because Masternodes, the voters, know that their vote needs to be on the side of taking care of the users, both consumers and merchants, to increase adoption, which will increase the value of each Dash more so than any fees you could earn.  YET fees are still important, for the future sustainability of the project and to prevent attacks on the network.  Properly balancing all these points in the future will always be advantageous to the voting Masternodes, and since Dash is so nimble, quick action will never be something Dash shies away from.

At some point, a second/third etc... mover gains the traction and dominates for long periods of time.  Take Microsoft Apple and Linux.  They dominate the world's operating systems.  Yes, not one over all, but 3.  They each do it differently, and actually very well, despite the fact that I curse at my Windows constantly.  (Microsoft = software domination, Apple = hardware domination and Linux = freedom domination) Do  you think they're the only 3 ever created?  You would be woefully wrong if you did.  There have been many OSs, most of them have fallen by the wayside.  My favorite was WebOS :..(

Anyway, this is my first mover is no advantage post, that I'm going to reference in the future, like my master, toknormal, LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Riseman

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:04:54 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2017, 08:49:30 PM by Riseman

nothing was implied or promised by Evan for more than a month, but he knows something and the plan is set
i agree you found a work-around the timing attack, but still you have to follow the lame-ass manual...and as i have mentioned before, the FBI prosecutor found a way around bitcoin mixers, DASH was forked from bitcoin and private send was a fork of coin join...you get the picture? ... DASH privacy was over that's why monero flew above DASH, ZCASH will too.

You seem to agree with me, good Smiley He had plans, so what? Did it do any harm, those "evil intentions"?

This is not a workaround, this is a system immune to that kind of attacks from the start. Did you read that article yourself? There is zero information on how they do this and whether it is possible for Dash mixer implementation.

I wonder how many home appliances did you break not wanting to follow a "lame-ass manual" Grin And learning to use a PC must've been a true hell for you. This explains much, lol.
dafdaf

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:23:26 PM

It was probably just pure luck, but there were signs of serious commitment, the first of which was that Evan used his real name; completely exposing himself.

I couldn't agree more.

Also: Evan Duffield is a less than average orator. This was a positive sign, in my opinion: no smooth talker and scammer here.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:29:23 PM

It was probably just pure luck, but there were signs of serious commitment, the first of which was that Evan used his real name; completely exposing himself.

I couldn't agree more.

Also: Evan Duffield is a less than average orator. This was a positive sign, in my opinion: no smooth talker and scammer here.

Dash has it all.  Amanda B Johnson and Tao of Satoshi to talk to normal people, Ryan Taylor to talk to business and intellectual money people, and Evan, who makes geek speak seem exciting even if you have no idea what he's on about Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  You just inherit his excitement and love of Dash through osmosis  Grin Grin

And for all our German Dashers, you've probably seen this, but it just came across my desk :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcH9eWBs9fw

BitWater

Activity: 402

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:43:10 PM

I couldn't agree more.

Having spoke with Evan in person, the thing that has always impressed me personally was his professional approach to cryptocurrency. I think it has paid off greatly for Dash.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:11:59 PM

Part 1 of the multi-phased fork is activated - if your Masternode is on an older version - upgrade to 12.1 or dont get paid!!
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:18:41 AM

nothing was implied or promised by Evan for more than a month, but he knows something and the plan is set

You seem to agree with me, good Smiley He had plans, so what? Did it do any harm, those "evil intentions"?

This is not a workaround, this is a system immune to that kind of attacks from the start. Did you read that article yourself? There is zero information on how they do this and whether it is possible for Dash mixer implementation.

I wonder how many home appliances did you break not wanting to follow a "lame-ass manual" Grin And learning to use a PC must've been a true hell for you. This explains much, lol.

of course there is zero information, it was an interview not some geek laboratory/tutorial stuff. I just said Dash is a fork and private send is a fork...and forking means inheriting what's also in bitcoin and coin join...you didn't get the picture do you?

i called it a lame-ass manual because just looking at these is quite funny, you know that is a lame ass technology too.
you should mix coins in advance and better not the exact amount you are going to spend privately.
Example: mix a 100 coins if you will spend 80 coins and mix them in Thursday before spending them in Saturday.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2016/11/01/federal-prosecutor-kathryn-haun-on-how-criminals-use-bitcoin-and-how-she-catches-them/#16b02b4f7886
why some newer technologies called tumblers and mixers, which attempt to obscure the trail of bitcoins as they travel from bitcoin address to bitcoin address, could be unscrambled.

now.. back to Evan

I showed a "MOTIVE" here that shows a good reason to orchestrate the Instamine...what will it prove? (i'll make a quick list for you buddy)

- the instamine was not an accident - there will be a "TRUST ISSUE" (i can make another list out of this buddy)

- the instamine was indeed orchestrated therefore the argument that majority of DASH masternodes is really in a few hands gets stronger. actually the argument becomes "DASH masternodes are really in much fewer hands"

- propaganda ministers TaoOfSaatoshi and Amanda BJ would have to revise the story again but it won't be believable anymore.

- if Evan didn't tell the public about the masternodes then (but this is where the money is), what are the things he is not telling the public now? specially now when Evan and shills hypes DASH evolution (where your money is needed to buy DASH)... I'd say "buyer beware"

- is DASH a dead end in crypto currency evolution and innovation? of course Evan and co. will not tell the public  Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 6106 6107 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 [6156] 6157 6158 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: