Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:50:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 [6158] 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:09:50 PM

Hey mate, thank you very much!

Tung, come say hello on 'the other side'? Smiley

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:10:03 PM

12.1 info
The Network is doing well (update)
- Miners are at 100%
- Masternodes around 77%
but Merchants ,Exchanges ,3rd Parties ,.... still need time ,so there is NO rush to switch Enforcement back on again - no date is set yet ; )
(as we do NOT wanna leave anybody behind)

*snipped image*

I'm sorry to hear that as we did commit to a specific date in the official announcement of 12.1 and Amanda repeated that date
in her YouTube show as well.

Now we have an extra delay in having our budget proposals up and running and have missing MN payments because payment enforcement is still off.

There really is no big rush as 91% of miners are on 12.1 and paying properly (which fits nicely into the theory that only 10% of the human population lacks morality)  True, they're getting away with theft, but it's not crippling the network, and we have to go through this every time we spork, so no surprise.

It's more important that things go smoothly.  And right now, it's the Masternode Network that is being sluggish and not upgrading.  The strange thing is that they're not getting paid more often or anything, and they're prolonging the enforcement date.  The only reason I can see for this is that they're unaware that we're sporking.  It's been a long time since we've had to do anything with our Masternodes, it may be that they've stopped keeping track on what's up.  Frankly, I'm surprised at this situation.

I'm guessing the masternode owners who haven't upgraded will do it quicker once they notice payments have stopped.

I'm worried it's not greed, but simply inattentiveness that is the cause of this Tongue  There may be a lot of people that set this and forgot about it!  They don't check on their MNs or something???  What other purpose could there be?  My nodes have all been paid OK, so I can't imagine they're getting paid more often.  So... what other explanation could there be?

Could of course be that some have yet to understand how to upgrade or that others are not in the position to upgrade at this time due to trips, family matters or whatever. If someone does not have their cold wallet available, they cannot issue the masternode start commands even if the VPS clients are updated and ready. It was pretty much the same last time around, remember the fork a half year ago (?) that was caused to the network being on different clients prior to 0.12.0.58?

Give it some time and those not yet on the new 12.1 will get onboard shortly, they have the economic incentive to do so Smiley

everybody please remember
this is bigger than your or my MN payments by now

we are running a 100 Mill + Network and have to maintain and support our Merchants , 3rd Parties,... and whatnot

No idea where Amanda got her date from
but as far as i know she did not check with the team - as usually they/we do not give a out a date
(as obviously this has to be flexible as nobody knew/knows how fast or not an update happens)
so everybody relax
enforcement coming soon , but not now ..... when ready  Wink

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/version-12-1-release.12985/

Who is required to update?

It is imperative that ALL users of the dash client update to the most recent version of the client as soon as possible. End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network.

At this point i would like to know which exchanges/third party's have not upgraded yet and if there are plans to re-evaluate our communication methods with them as their update is appearently vital for us to move forward.

I would also like to know when the budget proposals will enter the 12.1 system as community members will also need time to have their own budget proposals re-entered.
I assume most of them are waiting for enforcement "on" to have their budget proposals re-entered in the 12.1 system.

Whowwww, i had no idea about the date (too many other things going on tbh)
i still do not understand what the rush is all about ?
i believe (date or not) we need a stable network before updating and that is more important than anything else
give it this week and lets see where we are
 Wink
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:10:46 PM

what other side ?  Huh
bandidorl

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:14:36 PM

12.1 info
The Network is doing well (update)
- Miners are at 100%
- Masternodes around 77%
but Merchants ,Exchanges ,3rd Parties ,.... still need time ,so there is NO rush to switch Enforcement back on again - no date is set yet ; )
(as we do NOT wanna leave anybody behind)

*snipped image*

I'm sorry to hear that as we did commit to a specific date in the official announcement of 12.1 and Amanda repeated that date
in her YouTube show as well.

Now we have an extra delay in having our budget proposals up and running and have missing MN payments because payment enforcement is still off.

There really is no big rush as 91% of miners are on 12.1 and paying properly (which fits nicely into the theory that only 10% of the human population lacks morality)  True, they're getting away with theft, but it's not crippling the network, and we have to go through this every time we spork, so no surprise.

It's more important that things go smoothly.  And right now, it's the Masternode Network that is being sluggish and not upgrading.  The strange thing is that they're not getting paid more often or anything, and they're prolonging the enforcement date.  The only reason I can see for this is that they're unaware that we're sporking.  It's been a long time since we've had to do anything with our Masternodes, it may be that they've stopped keeping track on what's up.  Frankly, I'm surprised at this situation.

I'm guessing the masternode owners who haven't upgraded will do it quicker once they notice payments have stopped.

I'm worried it's not greed, but simply inattentiveness that is the cause of this Tongue  There may be a lot of people that set this and forgot about it!  They don't check on their MNs or something???  What other purpose could there be?  My nodes have all been paid OK, so I can't imagine they're getting paid more often.  So... what other explanation could there be?

Could of course be that some have yet to understand how to upgrade or that others are not in the position to upgrade at this time due to trips, family matters or whatever. If someone does not have their cold wallet available, they cannot issue the masternode start commands even if the VPS clients are updated and ready. It was pretty much the same last time around, remember the fork a half year ago (?) that was caused to the network being on different clients prior to 0.12.0.58?

Give it some time and those not yet on the new 12.1 will get onboard shortly, they have the economic incentive to do so Smiley

everybody please remember
this is bigger than your or my MN payments by now

we are running a 100 Mill + Network and have to maintain and support our Merchants , 3rd Parties,... and whatnot

No idea where Amanda got her date from
but as far as i know she did not check with the team - as usually they/we do not give a out a date
(as obviously this has to be flexible as nobody knew/knows how fast or not an update happens)
so everybody relax
enforcement coming soon , but not now ..... when ready  Wink

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/version-12-1-release.12985/

Who is required to update?

It is imperative that ALL users of the dash client update to the most recent version of the client as soon as possible. End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network.

At this point i would like to know which exchanges/third party's have not upgraded yet and if there are plans to re-evaluate our communication methods with them as their update is appearently vital for us to move forward.

I would also like to know when the budget proposals will enter the 12.1 system as community members will also need time to have their own budget proposals re-entered.
I assume most of them are waiting for enforcement "on" to have their budget proposals re-entered in the 12.1 system.

Whowwww, i had no idea about the date (too many other things going on tbh)
i still do not understand what the rush is all about ?
i believe (date or not) we need a stable network before updating and that is more important than anything else
give it this week and lets see where we are
 Wink

I think the rush is about payments not being stable (in a basic order) while enforcement is off, to delay putting enforcement on is a way to say lazy updaters are ok while people who have upgraded in time aren´t being rewarded, it´s not a great problem for me but is hard to understand.
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:25:08 PM

I agree

I spent time and effort, even at night, to stay on pace.

Changing the enforcement would have been on its own a sufficient reason to have my nodes update after a payment, and not on monday (mostly) cause i was sure that if a payment was less than 3 days distant it was possible that i was nonetheless missing it, with a bit of bad luck.
So this costed me money, instead of being prized cause i was doing my best for Dash.

Also, i was confident that if the official communication said "we are enforcing on Sunday" it was... official.

I also totally agree that stability and all it's important; next time i'd re-evaluate the way communications are done, but there is a major downside:
The "ghost" of enforcement was, I think, one of the reason for the very fast upgrade. Next time, people will just say "meh" and wait till it's mandatory, making the whole transaction way slower.

Think about it. I am "not in charge", barring the votes i have Smiley but i'd still enforce ASAP
yoohoo309

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 01:12:33 PM

of course there is zero information, it was an interview not some geek laboratory/tutorial stuff. I just said Dash is a fork and private send is a fork...and forking means inheriting what's also in bitcoin and coin join...you didn't get the picture do you?

i called it a lame-ass manual because just looking at these is quite funny, you know that is a lame ass technology too.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2016/11/01/federal-prosecutor-kathryn-haun-on-how-criminals-use-bitcoin-and-how-she-catches-them/#16b02b4f7886
why some newer technologies called tumblers and mixers, which attempt to obscure the trail of bitcoins as they travel from bitcoin address to bitcoin address, could be unscrambled.

now.. back to Evan

OMFG. You can quit hurting your brain with making up arguments like these and just reply with "I don't like Dash" to every post. This will deliver the same amount of information Wink

1. There is zero information on them breaking CoinJoin either so it doesn't prove anything. I assume they just work together with honeypot mixer operators or use some flaws in certain implementations. If there are some known flaws in Dash privacy implementation, post them here.

2. I agree, it's not perfect, but it is as easy as it gets. If thinking several hours ahead and making 2 extra mouse clicks is "lame-ass" for you then I can't help you and you better not use crypto at all. And you must already be having trouble with planning your personal finances using regular money.

3. Changing the topic to instamine means you agree that "deceptively hidden" was not true, ok Smiley But you can quote Evan telling about MNs to prove that he was hiding them again, it's fun.

The instamine may have been intentional, maybe not. But hiding information on masternodes? WTF?

do not use such language you people because it is against your destiny and morals..
mstang83

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:11:17 PM

I agree

Changing the enforcement would have been on its own a sufficient reason to have my nodes update after a payment, and not on monday (mostly) cause i was sure that if a payment was less than 3 days distant it was possible that i was nonetheless missing it, with a bit of bad luck.
So this costed me money, instead of being prized cause i was doing my best for Dash.

Also, i was confident that if the official communication said "we are enforcing on Sunday" it was... official.

I also totally agree that stability and all it's important; next time i'd re-evaluate the way communications are done, but there is a major downside:
The "ghost" of enforcement was, I think, one of the reason for the very fast upgrade. Next time, people will just say "meh" and wait till it's mandatory, making the whole transaction way slower.

Think about it. I am "not in charge", barring the votes i have Smiley but i'd still enforce ASAP

I'm with you on this one. I sacrificed some important time of mine to get this upgrade completed before what I thought was the official enforcement date.

Maybe we should use a budget proposal to let the masternode owners decide when to make the enforcement. I would suspect that the majority would vote to do it now since we've already invested our precious time doing the upgrade.

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:18:18 PM

I agree

I'm with you on this one. I sacrificed some important time of mine to get this upgrade completed before what I thought was the official enforcement date.

Maybe we should use a budget proposal to let the masternode owners decide when to make the enforcement. I would suspect that the majority would vote to do it now since we've already invested our precious time doing the upgrade.

The network does not exist in a vacuum, this is a hard fork. Miners and masternodes updating is the first and most important step. But once we officially hard fork partners and merchants on the previous version would break if not updated. We have an ongoing campaign contacting partners and services and are close to being ready but we will measure twice and cut once in this situation.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:28:55 PM

I agree

Since yesterday, only MN on 12.1 are paid. So you should be happy.
No enforcement yet means some pool are cheating and not paying. But as only 75% of MN are upgraded you should receive more payment while other MN are upgrading.

I also upgrade first days (Sunday - Monday) my upgraded MN are paid since Wednesday/thursday, some was not due to pool cheating, and no big deal.

As said and I completely approve this: priority = stability of the network! We had 18 months without new version. guys guys...
mstang83

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:32:04 PM

I agree

The network does not exist in a vacuum, this is a hard fork. Miners and masternodes updating is the first and most important step. But once we officially hard fork partners and merchants on the previous version would break if not updated. We have an ongoing campaign contacting partners and services and are close to being ready but we will measure twice and cut once in this situation.

If there is no deadline then there is never an incentive to make the change over. Everyone is busy and it could take months to get everyone on-board 12.1 if you let them decide when it needs done.

But if there are a few large players that are having problems then I can see giving them a bit more time. But not setting a deadline is not a good practice. Procrastinator speaking.

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:42:55 PM

If there is no deadline then there is never an incentive to make the change over. Everyone is busy and it could take months to get everyone on-board 12.1 if you let them decide when it needs done.

Since yesterday, only MN on 12.1 are paid.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:46:18 PM

Since yesterday, only MN on 12.1 are paid.

Or not paid  Wink

Gi01

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:47:27 PM

No urgency = no deadline = "Why on earth i should lose 2h updating where i still get my money"?

Again, i totally understand how stability is important (still, 100% of miners and 75-80% of nodes are updated). But again, if exchanges and every business will have the chance to wait forever, believe me next update will be way slower.

We should surely improve the process and get everyone on board before sporking, the next time. So that a deadline is set, who is in is in, who is out.. maybe is not into the project. 2 updates in 2 years, can't be that complicated Wink
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:49:54 PM

I agree

But if there are a few large players that are having problems then I can see giving them a bit more time. But not setting a deadline is not a good practice. Procrastinator speaking.

May I respectfully ask if you are new to Dash? Enforcement usually begins roughly two weeks after the new version is officially released. In our entire history, there's never been a situation where the network just waited for weeks and months on folks to upgrade. Everybody is given a reasonable amount of time and then the trigger is pulled.

If you read Evan's 12.1 announcement, you'll note that February 12 is the *earliest* date that enforcement can begin:

End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network.

(emphasis mine)

At some point AFTER February 12, as soon as it is SAFE to do so, enforcement will be turned on. As Minotaur pointed out above, this is a hard fork. As of a couple days ago, our biggest exchange (Poloniex) hadn't yet updated. It seems unwise to just kick them (and all their users) off the network in a fit of pique.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 02:51:16 PM

No urgency = no deadline = "Why on earth i should lose 2h updating where i still get my money"?

Again, i totally understand how stability is important (still, 100% of miners and 75-80% of nodes are updated). But again, if exchanges and every business will have the chance to wait forever, believe me next update will be way slower.

We should surely improve the process and get everyone on board before sporking, the next time. So that a deadline is set, who is in is in, who is out.. maybe is not into the project. 2 updates in 2 years, can't be that complicated Wink

As of yesterday, spork_10 was activated and only 12.1 masternodes get paid.

P.S. There was no deadline, per se. Reread Evan's announcement.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
Gi01

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:00:58 PM

As of yesterday, spork_10 was activated and only 12.1 masternodes get paid.

P.S. There was no deadline, per se. Reread Evan's announcement.

Pardon me, i got ur msg but it's a "peculiar" interpretation (theoretically, it might be on March 27th 2915). Most of us got the 12 as the deadline (also, read the previous pages).

I won't get crazy, indeed. We'll just wait. I am thinking ahead for future situations, where time might be more than a constraint or a limit if Dash keeps growing as we all hope.
More a managerial thing that a tech thing here Wink
mstang83

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:31:01 PM

May I respectfully ask if you are new to Dash? Enforcement usually begins roughly two weeks after the new version is officially released. In our entire history, there's never been a situation where the network just waited for weeks and months on folks to upgrade. Everybody is given a reasonable amount of time and then the trigger is pulled.

If you read Evan's 12.1 announcement, you'll note that February 12 is the *earliest* date that enforcement can begin:

End users, miners, pool operators, exchanges, and masternode owners have until Sunday, February 12th to update. After that date, we will switch completely to the new version as soon as our engineers determine it is safe to do so, and older versions of the software will drop off the network.

(emphasis mine)

At some point AFTER February 12, as soon as it is SAFE to do so, enforcement will be turned on. As Minotaur pointed out above, this is a hard fork. As of a couple days ago, our biggest exchange (Poloniex) hadn't yet updated. It seems unwise to just kick them (and all their users) off the network in a fit of pique.

But if there are a few large players that are having problems then I can see giving them a bit more time.

I'm not new to Dash. I was only expressing my thoughts out loud. And as I quoted above I'm really ok with Evan's announcement. That's just wasn't the information I remember reading and now upon reading his quote again, I have no issues.

But, I must admit I am confused now about what "enforcement" means or does. Some people are saying that as of yesterday only 12.1 masternodes are getting paid. I thought in order for that to happen, enforcement has to be activated.

BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:40:50 PM

(emphasis mine)

But if there are a few large players that are having problems then I can see giving them a bit more time.

I'm not new to Dash. I was only expressing my thoughts out loud. And as I quoted above I'm really ok with Evan's announcement. That's just wasn't the information I remember reading and now upon reading his quote again, I have no issues.

But, I must admit I am confused now about what "enforcement" means or does. Some people are saying that as of yesterday only 12.1 masternodes are getting paid. I thought in order for that to happen, enforcement has to be activated.

Blocks mined with 12.0 are no longer accepted by the network because of bip65 activation so 12.0 masternodes are no longer payed.
Currently with no enforcement the result is that the miner can choose to pay a 12.1 masternode or keep all the reward to himself.

spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:53:27 PM

So does 12.1 bring the ability to remote start a masternode from a hardware wallet? If so, can somebody point me to a guide on how to do that?
mstang83

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 03:59:04 PM

(emphasis mine)

Blocks mined with 12.0 are no longer accepted by the network because of bip65 activation so 12.0 masternodes are no longer payed.
Currently with no enforcement the result is that the miner can choose to pay a 12.1 masternode or keep all the reward to himself.

So since we have 100% pools on 12.1 that is why 12.1 masternodes are only getting paid? And being paid in random since enforcement is off?

Pages: « 1 ... 6108 6109 6110 6111 6112 6113 6114 6115 6116 6117 6118 6119 6120 6121 6122 6123 6124 6125 6126 6127 6128 6129 6130 6131 6132 6133 6134 6135 6136 6137 6138 6139 6140 6141 6142 6143 6144 6145 6146 6147 6148 6149 6150 6151 6152 6153 6154 6155 6156 6157 [6158] 6159 6160 6161 6162 6163 6164 6165 6166 6167 6168 6169 6170 6171 6172 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: