Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:13:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722501 times)
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:38:54 PM

Epic dark dump on c-cex. Someone sold dark down to 0.00000008 satoshi. I'm not mad. I'm quite impressed.
Well, dont be. This will only spread the darkcoins into hands of many. Given that the coin is successfull, this will make no damage in the long run.

Is that what happened?  I just bought some btc again on coinbase but it won't clear until Wednesday.  I hope the prices stay low until then, but knowing my luck.... LOL

When you buy bitcoin on coinbase it locks in the current price.  I'm assuming you actually want the price to increase, not decrease.  It would be worth more once its deposited into your account than when you purchased it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:39:40 PM

Epic dark dump on c-cex. Someone sold dark down to 0.00000008 satoshi. I'm not mad. I'm quite impressed.
Well, dont be. This will only spread the darkcoins into hands of many. Given that the coin is successfull, this will make no damage in the long run.

Is that what happened?  I just bought some btc again on coinbase but it won't clear until Wednesday.  I hope the prices stay low until then, but knowing my luck.... LOL

Spike down to 0.000007 on C-Cex on a dump of over 10,800 DRK. Users complaining that they had buy orders placed much higher than that, but they were never filled. And then shortly afterwards dumping on Cryptsy and Poloniex that undid all of the price recovery achieved in the last day or two.

Not that I'm suggesting YET ANOTHER C-Cex screw-up let someone get their hands on thousands of coins at prices that should have never happened, and that they then withdrew to other exchanges as fast as possible to dump for a huge profit.

The sooner that "exchange" (and I use the term loosely) folds for good, the better. It's a cancer on DRK in particular.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:47:13 PM

That's quite annoying, although I can't actually find any evidence of that happening. Guessing you need to be logged in at C-Cex to check trade history, I don't have an account there.

Also I've been having a weird problem with my wallet (windows user). Basically all my coins have been sent to ONE address from the exchanges. On my laptop I have created 3 addresses (although 2 have never used). This wallet has 185 DRK. I backed up my wallet.dat (just to prove I'm backing the correct thing the one in %appdata%\Roaming\DarkCoin) and placed it in that dir on my desktop. On my desktop it shows I have only 25 coins and 1 transaction instead of 4 (even though all 4 transactions have been to the wallet address displayed on my desktop QT).

I've tried using the same QT as on my laptop, downloading new QT (thought maybe old version), but I can't seem to get my desktop to realise my wallet has 185 coins in it. My laptop knows though, same wallet.dat.

What the..?

seems like the same problem i worked on earlier...
Yeah that's what I was thinking, be interesting to figure out what causes it. I didn't do anything specific just backup the wallet.dat. I'm sure deleting the wallet.dat on my desktop (incorrect balance) and creating a new one sending ALL the coins from the laptop to the new wallet would solve the problem? Then again, will my laptop then be showing wrong funds if I transfer it over?

I just want piece of mind I have a wallet.dat file backed up with all my damn coins retrievable lol

delete old on desktop, delete wallet-qt download latest, let it sync, send over 1 coin see if it goes through, if yes, backup wallet (through menu or close down wallet-qt then copy) then send over the rest

or test with 0.00001? or less. Always, always, ALWAYS TEST FIRST. Always, always, ALWAYS BACKUP.

Correctly, back up correctly!  I'm seeing so many do it from the Appdata directory with an open client.  

And again, I also read about how the client creates 100 addresses that are used for every kind of transaction, I don't understand it all, but you use them up pretty quickly depending on how often you have transactions coming or going through your wallet.  When you use up those 100, a new 100 addresses are created.  This is a feature that supposedly helps obfuscate bitcoin transactions a little bit.

the point being, that if you last backed up before the latest batch  of 100 addresses, or maybe several batches if you've had your wallet for months or years and only backed up once, you will lose any transactions that happened using any not-backed-up addresses.  You must back up your wallet on a regular basis!  

I did not know that myself until I happened to be reading up on it in a wiki or something yesterday.  Wish I had the link, but I want to spread that info in case it helps someone avoid tragedy.  Wallets need to be backed up often as they change! -simplistic, but works, LOL -

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:54:01 PM

Is that what happened?  I just bought some btc again on coinbase but it won't clear until Wednesday.  I hope the prices stay low until then, but knowing my luck.... LOL

Spike down to 0.000007 on C-Cex on a dump of over 10,800 DRK. Users complaining that they had buy orders placed much higher than that, but they were never filled. And then shortly afterwards dumping on Cryptsy and Poloniex that undid all of the price recovery achieved in the last day or two.

Not that I'm suggesting YET ANOTHER C-Cex screw-up let someone get their hands on thousands of coins at prices that should have never happened, and that they then withdrew to other exchanges as fast as possible to dump for a huge profit.

The sooner that "exchange" (and I use the term loosely) folds for good, the better. It's a cancer on DRK in particular.

For the first exchange to accept dark and contribute to the rise, it's been way worse for the recent fall. Pay people back, close up shop.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:57:03 PM

BTW:  I just read something tonight on the bitcoin wallet, and since our wallets are based on the bitcoin wallet, I'll have to assume it's true of ours.  I read that the wallet creates 100 addresses, and you use them up for everything you do, such as send someone a payment, receive a payment, etc... I think it even "uses up" an address for payments from mining.  Anyway, once you use them up, the wallet creates 100 new addresses.

The  point being that if you think, as I did, that you only need one, original backup of your wallet, it's not so!  You're constantly using up that 100 addresses, and if you don't re-save your wallet.dat file after the next 100 addresses are created and used, and something happens, all the newer transactions can be lost to you!

So maintaining your wallet backups is extremely important.  You need to guesstimate how often you need to backup, or simply backup often.  You can do it with the wallet backup function on the main menu, I forget which drop-down item, 'cause I don't have my wallet on this machine to look at, but from there, you can name the file, something like DarkCoin_2-26-14.dat and save it anywhere you like from that menu.  No need to close the wallet even.

Can someone confirm or challenge this above, please? I don't think is true, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

I'd like it confirmed as well, 'cause it's not said anywhere and makes me nervous as well!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:58:21 PM

Is it possible to somehow get your coins from ccex although you got negative balance? if yes please pm me

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:00:18 PM

BTW:  I just read something tonight on the bitcoin wallet, and since our wallets are based on the bitcoin wallet, I'll have to assume it's true of ours.  I read that the wallet creates 100 addresses, and you use them up for everything you do, such as send someone a payment, receive a payment, etc... I think it even "uses up" an address for payments from mining.  Anyway, once you use them up, the wallet creates 100 new addresses.

The  point being that if you think, as I did, that you only need one, original backup of your wallet, it's not so!  You're constantly using up that 100 addresses, and if you don't re-save your wallet.dat file after the next 100 addresses are created and used, and something happens, all the newer transactions can be lost to you!

So maintaining your wallet backups is extremely important.  You need to guesstimate how often you need to backup, or simply backup often.  You can do it with the wallet backup function on the main menu, I forget which drop-down item, 'cause I don't have my wallet on this machine to look at, but from there, you can name the file, something like DarkCoin_2-26-14.dat and save it anywhere you like from that menu.  No need to close the wallet even.

Can someone confirm or challenge this above, please? I don't think is true, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

you only need to backup your wallet once, the addresses being talk about are the recieving addresses, your wallet private key, is only 1 key, the rest is calculated from that key

The article said that the wallet only knows about the addresses after they're created and therefore if the wallet is not backed up after the latest block of 100, and the wallet is corrupted, coin would be lost.  I wonder if this was a proposal, though I thought I read it in bitcoin wiki or something... dang why didn't I save the page!?!?!?!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:05:01 PM

Now is definitely a great time to buy.  The DRK price is artificially low due to these big dumps occurring.

Darkcoin is clearly undervalued when you compare its market cap to other coins.  Darkcoin is definitely more innovative than Mintcoin.  Darkcoin's proper list on this market cap list should be right below Worldcoin.  Which would put the price at .00243 DRK/BTC.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

I just bought 10BTC worth of DRK on Cryptsy at these discount prices.....TO DA DARKSIDE OF DA MOON!

OOOOOoooooooh, I'm so jealous of you!!!!  (JK).... er....sorta   Kiss  Lips sealed

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:11:01 PM

Here it is!

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Securing_your_wallet

A pretty paranoid piece, so perhaps incorrect, however if you look down to the section that says Securing the Bitcoin-QT or bitcoind wallet, you'll see what I read.  Perhaps I'm understanding it wrongly.  Or perhaps it's wrong?  Please, smart guys and gals out there, check it out and confirm or clarify for us Smiley

Thanks Smiley

So when a backup is first created, it has all of your old keys plus 100 unused keys. After sending a transaction, it has 99 unused keys. After a total of 100 new-key actions, you will start using keys that are not in your backup. Since the backup does not have the private keys necessary for authorizing spends of these coins, restoring from the old backup will cause you to lose Bitcoins.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:39:49 PM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:44:25 PM

Actually you know what you're right, all of this price sodomy has all been linked to C-Cex in one way or another...

Fuck it, get the pitchforks out!

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
TingCoin

Activity: 720

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:45:52 PM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

DDOS Protected pool

I would mine there, but for some reason my account's locked and I don't think I ever got an email?

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:52:47 PM

DDOS Protected pool

I would mine there, but for some reason my account's locked and I don't think I ever got an email?

try login in now

chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:35:49 PM

Banned on BTC-e for promoting DRK. People liked it. Admin not so much. xD

I'm banned there for another - 976110 min left...
for posting a legit link...
been like that for almost a year now.
their loss.
chompyZ

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:54:16 PM

That's quite annoying, although I can't actually find any evidence of that happening. Guessing you need to be logged in at C-Cex to check trade history, I don't have an account there.

Also I've been having a weird problem with my wallet (windows user). Basically all my coins have been sent to ONE address from the exchanges. On my laptop I have created 3 addresses (although 2 have never used). This wallet has 185 DRK. I backed up my wallet.dat (just to prove I'm backing the correct thing the one in %appdata%\Roaming\DarkCoin) and placed it in that dir on my desktop. On my desktop it shows I have only 25 coins and 1 transaction instead of 4 (even though all 4 transactions have been to the wallet address displayed on my desktop QT).

I've tried using the same QT as on my laptop, downloading new QT (thought maybe old version), but I can't seem to get my desktop to realise my wallet has 185 coins in it. My laptop knows though, same wallet.dat.

What the..?

seems like the same problem i worked on earlier...

PLEASE!  back up you wallet by using the File > Backup Wallet feature.  IF you backup your wallet from the /AppData/ directory, you MUST be sure to have your wallet closed FIRST.  

forgive my very naive question here, but -
1. i never backup
2. wallet is a windows pc, not connected to the net.
3. i close the wallet, then winrar the wallet.dat file with strong p/w
4. then delete wallet.dat and close pc for a long time.

if i need to open the wallet, i open the rar, and then the wallet.
to-date, no problems with any coins i've had.
am i not assessing a risk properly here?
i can't rationally explain why, but i don't have trust in built-in backup options [all s/w].
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:03:13 PM

forgive my very naive question here, but -
1. i never backup
2. wallet is a windows pc, not connected to the net.
3. i close the wallet, then winrar the wallet.dat file with strong p/w
4. then delete wallet.dat and close pc for a long time.

if i need to open the wallet, i open the rar, and then the wallet.
to-date, no problems with any coins i've had.
am i not assessing a risk properly here?
i can't rationally explain why, but i don't have trust in built-in backup options [all s/w].

Here is your problem.  Eventually hard drives die.  Sooner or later, the drive in your windows box will stop working.  At that point, you should still know how to get your coins. 

I suggest copying your .rar to a USB stick, or another drive, or a CD, or some kind of media that you can read in another computer.  And then keep that stick, or CD, or whatever it is, safe. 

The encrypted .rar is not really protection: .rar archives use a light encryption format that's fairly easy to brute force (40-bit keys IIRC).  But it's a good scramble (prevents the file name etc from being visible anyway, or malware file-format analyzers from recognizing a renamed wallet.dat file) for a wallet that's kept in encrypted form to start with - and yours *is* kept encrypted by the client, right?  With a strong password, right?

chompyZ

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:16:53 PM

I suggest copying your .rar to a USB stick, or another drive, or a CD, or some kind of media that you can read in another computer.  And then keep that stick, or CD, or whatever it is, safe. 

Good idea. I should... I am too careless and one of these days it will for sure come back at me.
My p/w are very strong, but i really do need to backup via usb.
thnx for the tips.
bitmiggy

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:34:08 PM

Encrypt your wallets unless you're crazy, and then back them up to a well encrypted Truecrypt volume, then back that up where ever.

And name it "all_my_millions_of_crypto_coins.hackme"

cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:37:39 PM

I haven't been following the thread the past few days.  Whats causing such a huge price drop recently?

CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:39:36 PM

I haven't been following the thread the past few days.  Whats causing such a huge price drop recently?
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/DarkcoinPRStatement.pdf

Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: