Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:01:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722524 times)
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:41:02 AM

DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying:
"DarkCoin is digital cash."

+1

But that's why I think its better to call it D-coin or something else (not related to dark)
New people will think that darkcoin is related to illegal things and thats not the intention, idea of it. Maybe it will scare/put off (I don't know the right word) some people...No?
The name itself will be the reason darkcoin is never widely accepted

The name is irrelevant..

That is exactly the point I was trying to make.

blah blah blah
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:41:07 AM

I believe that if we want to see mass adoption , we need to change the name. DarkCoin is a nice name, but people will associate dark with illegal or otherwise questionable activities. This will preclude adoption on the scale of Bitcoin.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:42:01 AM

I believe that if we want to see mass adoption , we need to change the name. DarkCoin is a nice name, but people will associate dark with illegal or otherwise questionable activities. This will preclude adoption on the scale of Bitcoin.

the name is spot on! in times of NSA etc "Darkcoin" is perfect.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:42:23 AM

Can someone catch me up...is the name being changed?  Why?

xorpheus

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:50:12 AM

DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying:

+1

But that's why I think its better to call it D-coin or something else (not related to dark)
New people will think that darkcoin is related to illegal things and thats not the intention, idea of it. Maybe it will scare/put off (I don't know the right word) some people...No?

The name is irrelevant..

blah blah blah

lol nice editing.  The name is most definitely not irrelevant.  Bitcoin's success is due to the fact that the name does NOT hint at how it may be used.

Not suggesting rebranding at this stage, nor do I have any suggestions for an alternative name.  I was simply agreeing with somebody's point of view that the name darkcoin will limit it's use.  And it will.
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:55:25 AM

+1

The name is irrelevant..

blah blah blah

lol nice editing.  The name is most definitely not irrelevant.  Bitcoin's success is due to the fact that the name does NOT hint at how it may be used.

Not suggesting rebranding at this stage, nor do I have any suggestions for an alternative name.  I was simply agreeing with somebody's point of view that the name darkcoin will limit it's use.  And it will.

FreeCoin then ? Eg you are free to do whatever you want and hopefully big enough to take responsibility for whatever that causes. I like Dark as a name btw. Bit of grit. But I agree a certain connotation does attach itself. Depends on the market targeted I suppose. For 'dark' stuff BTC is pretty futile (foolish) these days.

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:07:15 AM

I'm proud to be with you doing this.This coin will be the first of his kind. And it will mean a lot for a lot of people, for good and for bad. All other coins will be following us.

I love the name DarkCoin It’s clear and simple. You can’t rebrand now, it’s too late.

Let me quote a citation i just heard:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way

Good job devs.
x0rcist

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:10:40 AM

Testing goes pretty stable imho, i expect a beta on mainnet soon. sweeet
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:17:52 AM

I'm proud to be with you doing this.This coin will be the first of his kind. And it will mean a lot for a lot of people, for good and for bad. All other coins will be following us.

I love the name DarkCoin It’s clear and simple. You can’t rebrand now, it’s too late.

Let me quote a citation i just heard:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way

Good job devs.

+1 I like the name as well. Pondering my previous post on the subject and I vote to not rebrand as well. Lets face it: the main 'main' stream is nowhere near ready for any coin regardless of name. The critical mass at the moment is in the 'slightly' more rebellious quarters anyway. A bit of a 'dark' vibe won't hurt at all IMHO

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
shackleford

Activity: 281

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:25:13 AM

Bitcoin's success is due to the fact that the name does NOT hint at how it may be used

No.. It was successful because it solved the double spend problem. The name was completely irrelevant in comparison... If you don't agree with me on that then it is pointless.

Shitcoins need to worry about branding because that's all they have. Is this a shitcoin? Is it more like doge or bitcoin?

Like how I quoted only the relevant sentence and aborted all the rest? ...oddly ironic

Respecting peoples time and not always re quoting  paragraphs and paragraphs of crap is indeed nice editing more people should do it.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 01:36:38 AM

Testing went fantastic. We all decided we're ready for public beta on mainnet, so I'll be releasing executables some time this weekend!

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:38:18 AM

Testing went fantastic. We all decided we're ready for public beta on mainnet, so I'll be releasing executables some time this weekend!

Cool

Great stuff!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:39:19 AM

Looks like an advertisement for cancer prevention to stop smoking.  The coin name and functionality already implies a negative nature to the coin, so any advertisement needs to be the opposite and not full of mall goth imagery.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:39:40 AM

*mashes buy buttons*
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:42:22 AM

Are there any foreseeable dangers for the mainnet by the beta and darksend going live?
drawing1211

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:46:53 AM

Are there any foreseeable dangers for the mainnet by the beta and darksend going live?

Only that the price will skyrocket so none of us will be able to afford anymore coins ;-)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:47:04 AM

Ok, I cleaned it up.....

What kind of dangers are you thinking of?  Don't understand?  You mean, will people be in danger of losing their coin?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:49:39 AM

Only that the price will skyrocket so none of us will be able to afford anymore coins ;-)
[/quote]

Oh yes, please eduffield, wait until after Wednesday when my bitcoin clear so I can buy more!!! LOL  Buggersnots at coinbase only take visa and I only have mastercard  Angry

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 01:54:44 AM

+1

I tend to agree with this.  The name itself will be the reason darkcoin is never widely accepted by, er, "normal" people (also can't think of the right word sorry).  It doesn't matter how great it is, give it a shady or evil sounding name and it's doomed.

The cool name is what attracted me to click on the thread and give it read back when the price was .00038 BTC/DRK.

I think the name is badass.

How many Senator Manchins do we need to attract?

To be honest I don't see why the word "Dark" has to be relative to criminal activity... I'd say it's more relative to the anonymous aspect of the coin. The blockchain is in the dark, transactions made in darkness. Darkness provides a means to be unseen, and that's what DarkCoin is doing in a way.

I don't think it HAS to be, that's just the way it is... That's reality.

I tend to agree with this.  The name itself will be the reason darkcoin is never widely accepted by, er, "normal" people (also can't think of the right word sorry).  It doesn't matter how great it is, give it a shady or evil sounding name and it's doomed.
Not that I condone criminal activity, but to be honest, that is how bitcoins gained some traction. I don't think any rational person will see the name darkcoin and say, oh, I can't use that, as it's an evil coin used for bad things. If so, they wouldn't use bitcoins or any currency either. It's not like someone made a coin called devilcoin (although give them time, they are sort of running out of names)....

BitCoin is already being called DevilCoin by some. The point is not what rational people think. It's what the irrational public thinks. BitCoin is already thought of as CrimeCoin. DarkCoin comes out and says it... About the only way you could maybe dodge it is to call it BatManCoin...

You can't ignore the image already cast upon cryptocurrencies by the media and politicians. Yes, you and I are rational and we know better, but those who absorb propaganda and advertising are NOT. Ignoring reality doesn't change reality.

+1

The name is irrelevant, Bitcoin was not adopted because its name but more so because of libertarian values and adopters/enthusiasts being aware of what is going on the economy/banking. If dark can provide anonymous "dark" transactions it could be called purple unicorn coins for all I care.. Dark is good branding for people in the know ie tor darknet stuff. If joe blow isn't aware of what dark means he will soon enough.. with every Snowden leak or bullshit passed law/corrupt lawless judge's decision is making people more aware. It is like built in marketing because we all know what governments agenda is just like how cypress bumped up bitcoin.  

I could give 2 shits about branding and market cap. Freedom is where it's at, make a coin that facilitates free commerce even silk road style commerce that bypasses bullshit laws and market cap & awareness will take care of itself. Makes me wonder why people are here promoting an anonymous coin if they care about mainstream perceptions.. perhaps cat coin is the better choice for them.  

BitCoin was adopted because it was a new technology with a use. DarkCoin is not new. It's jsut another cryptocurrency in the minds of the masses, if they even manage to hear about it. And said masses already view BitCoin as CrimCoin. DarkCoin only names itself worse... I don't give a shit what it's called, either. I don't give a shit about marketing, either. I DO give a shit about the success of a damn good idea, and naming it RapeYourDaughterCoin doesn't help it succeed.

Let me say it another way... I don't care if a guy has tattoos and piercings all over his face, if he does a damn good job, I'm giving him a raise. But, how many people like me do you think there are? How many job interviews will he be thrown out of before he finds me and I hire him?

There is a pall cast whether you like it or not. Anything cryptocurrency is already thought of as CrimeCoin. That's reality. Ignoring reality does not result in success. Naming it in a way that amplifies this already existing shadow doesn't help it succeed. That's just how it is.

I'm nobody's boss here, I could barely make the stuff work and am considered an asshole just because I'm not king high nerd. But this messenger knows what he is talking about. Ignoring reality will hurt your coin. If I invented RapeYourDaughterCoin and it did everything exactly the way BitCoin does, a perfect clone, and BitCoin never existed... How well do you think that would have gone? And that's in a vaccuum... You're not operating in a vacuum, a shadow is already cast, RapeYourDaughterCoin would do even worse today than it would have as the groundbreaking leader.

No, the name won't make it succeed. But, it can make it fail.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:55:35 AM

Ok, I cleaned it up.....

What kind of dangers are you thinking of?  Don't understand?  You mean, will people be in danger of losing their coin?

From trivial things, like wallets having problems, or to more serious issues like network forking or coin multiplication bugs (?) - I have no idea how the code works, so, I'm just asking to see if the added functionality can introduce problems. If not, then beta here we come Cool
Pages: « 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: