Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:17:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722501 times)
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:57:20 AM

Darkcoin also resistant to multipool.
This is a very important quality which have to be declared at the title of the topic and on the website.

The fact that its diff algorithm really help with that too
A completely newbie question here, but can anyone explain please what a multipool is, and in what way it differs from a 'regular' pool, and why it is important/relevant to be resistant to it?
If I do not understand these fundamentals, I expect that many average joes will not understand such titles either. thank you.
a multipool, is a pool that jumps from mining one coin, to mining the next coin, its all automated, reasons for jumping is to maximize earnings.

all in all by it self quite nice, from a miners view.

the problem is often, that when a pool moves in on a new coin, rape it more or less, so the coins miners wont get so many coins, and without kimotos gravity well, would often leave that coin with an impossible high difficulty level

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:58:37 AM

This is a very important quality which have to be declared at the title of the topic and on the website.

A completely newbie question here, but can anyone explain please what a multipool is, and in what way it differs from a 'regular' pool, and why it is important/relevant to be resistant to it?
If I do not understand these fundamentals, I expect that many average joes will not understand such titles either. thank you.

Multipools hop between coins and mine the most profitable one at any given time. The idea is to sell for BTC.

The trouble comes about because they're huge (10+ GH/s) and when they hop onto a tiny coin, the difficulty spikes for that coin. Difficulty is how long it takes to solve blocks, i.e. make the network progress over time. Eventually the multipool hops to another coin and leaves the old coin with a huge difficulty. The small mining community has a hard time progressing and is basically "stuck".
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:04:58 AM

Multipools hop between coins and mine the most profitable one at any given time. The idea is to sell for BTC.

The trouble comes about because they're huge (10+ GH/s) and when they hop onto a tiny coin, the difficulty spikes for that coin. Difficulty is how long it takes to solve blocks, i.e. make the network progress over time. Eventually the multipool hops to another coin and leaves the old coin with a huge difficulty. The small mining community has a hard time progressing and is basically "stuck".
Got it !!!
thnx.
one last question - when you say a multipool jumps with all its hash power from one coin to a 'more profitable' coin, does the pool take into account [automatically that is] the trading volume of that 'profitable coin', or only its last traded price?
thanks again.
ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:06:56 AM

All in ! Except for a bit of BTC all is DRK around me now. This one is a keeper. I think.....

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

Got it !!!
thnx.
one last question - when you say a multipool jumps with all its hash power from one coin to a 'more profitable' coin, does the pool take into account [automatically that is] the trading volume of that 'profitable coin', or only its last traded price?
thanks again.

It depends if the multipool operator has included such parameters on his setup. I've seen multipools taking the bait from troll-offers that make a coin appear more profitable to mine than it actually is.
elbereth

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 08:37:32 AM

I created a small wiki for french speaking community explaining Darkcoin.
It still need work but I think we can spread the coin knowledge with it. Smiley

http://wiki.darkcoin.fr

I will try to have the Linux part done today.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:40:16 AM

Btw, the block explorer still has references to XCO and the old logo.

For example: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XjsMz3qQUiRRTe6vTYcaHHbyHwV3yDdBik

Btw, I am curious to see how the block explorer operates with DarkSend transactions... what would it show...

I also had a thought on what would happen if a 51% malicious attack tampered with DarkSend transactions on the network. Would the problems be any different than tampering with casual transactions or could this lead to uncalculated consequences? Just throwing possible ideas around for bulletproofing...

mannie

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:46:36 AM

Hate to bring this up again but I don't think the name really matters in the long run. General users will probably call all cryptocurrencies Bitcoin if they ever bring up a transaction in conversation. It will be the Hoover or Kleenex of crypto. They'll say, "I paid with Bitcoin" even if they used DarkCoin or LiteCoin.

It will just be a brand name to them and they'll use the one that best suits their needs. If they don't like their transactions being public knowledge, I think they'll use DarkCoin, otherwise they'll use Bitcoin.
cflocation

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

it's a hardware thing!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:49:28 AM

Hate to bring this up again but I don't think the name really matters in the long run. General users will probably call all cryptocurrencies Bitcoin if they ever bring up a transaction in conversation. It will be the Hoover or Kleenex of crypto. They'll say, "I paid with Bitcoin" even if they used DarkCoin or LiteCoin.

It will just be a brand name to them and they'll use the one that best suits their needs. If they don't like their transactions being public knowledge, I think they'll use DarkCoin, otherwise they'll use Bitcoin.

Yes I can see that. Hell I always tell people I am mining bitcoins even though it's alt coins. It's just easier and they know what bitcoins are for the most part
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:59:57 AM

Quote from email:
OVH HOSTING INC. - http://www.ovh.com
800-625 av. du Président-Kennedy
Montréal (Québec) H3A1K2
Canada

Dear Customer,

We have just detected an attack on IP address 192.99.10.172.

In order to protect your infrastructure, we vacuumed up your traffic onto our mitigation infrastructure.

The entire attack will thus be filtered by our infrastructure, and only legitimate traffic will reach your servers.

At the end of the attack, your infrastructure will be immediately withdrawn from the mitigation.

For more information on the OVH mitigation infrastructure: http://www.ovh.com/us/anti-ddos/

Regards,

Support OVH
Phone: 1-855-OVH-LINE (684-5463)
Email: support@ovh.us

Lotterymining.com is ddos protected, stop wasting your time again!

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
boubou

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:02:09 AM

I disagree.
The media, the logo on the site "darkcoin accepted", all that implies for my mum, my collegues, my neighbour a much more evil coin than silent-coin/secret-coin/private-coin.
I think it's the only (but important) flaw of that coin.

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:04:54 AM

can we please change the coin name to rainbowcoin?

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
mannie

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:10:22 AM

I disagree.
The media, the logo on the site "darkcoin accepted", all that implies for my mum, my collegues, my neighbour a much more evil coin than silent-coin/secret-coin/private-coin.

I definitely think it could be better. PrivateCoin is a much more fitting. But I just don't think it will be too much of a problem. Not every association with dark is bad. With a better logo and professional branding, it wouldn't be a problem.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:12:21 AM

can we please change the coin name to rainbowcoin?

and we could call the sgminer mylittleponyminer

mannie

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:21:51 AM

I disagree.

I definitely think it could be better. PrivateCoin is a much more fitting. But I just don't think it will be too much of a problem. Not every association with dark is bad. With a better logo and professional branding, it wouldn't be a problem.

also, brands can shake off stigma. people still drink coca cola even though the company once used cocaine in the drink.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:24:06 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2014, 09:34:29 AM by LimLims

I'm glad this is being discussed, because I agree with others that it's a genuine drawback of the coin and will limit its use. If it's going to be rebranded, better sooner than later.

I think both sides have good points. For some products, branding really doesn't matter in the long run because once the product is ingrained into public consciousness, the name becomes irrelevant. Facebook is a crappy name, but that doesn't matter a bit now that it's everywhere.

Darkcoin's case is a little different. We're going to face an uphill battle for public acceptance. We're going to be smeared by the media. People are not going to be generous and look for positive interpretations of the name. Every other news article is going to mention the possibility / reality of illicit activities conducted under the cloak of darksend. The public will form their opinion on us based on the name alone. Essentially, anything ambiguously dark & shady in our branding puts us on the back foot with these challenges.

I'm thinking long term here. What will a large retailer feel that a "darkcoin accepted here" logo on their site will do to their image? What are our devs going to have to deal with from the media?

I think the key point is that much of this is largely avoidable simply by creating appropriate branding. As distasteful as it is for us (given that we obviously aren't judging the coin by superficial word associations), marketing for the public is still important if we care about the future of the coin. We don't want to needlessly limit darkcoin to a niche of cryptocurrency geeks and anti-authoritarian types.

My 2 satoshis.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:25:15 AM

I cannot wait till I'm able to buy hookers, cocaine and weapons of mass destruction using my darkcoin
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:26:59 AM

I cannot wait till I'm able to buy hookers, cocaine and weapons of mass destruction using my Rainbowcoin

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
AD_Infinitum

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:42:26 AM

• Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo)
  • Block reward is controlled by: 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)
  • CPU/GPU mining
  • Block generation: 2.5 minutes
  • Difficulty Retargets using Kimoto Gravity Well
  • 84 Million Coins Max
  • Anonymous transactions using DarkSend: Pre-Alpha

I was so happy to see the price is up again. But then I noticed that eduffield remove the line "Encrypted transaction network" form the specification! Why? Did I miss something?
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:51:35 AM

• Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo)
  • Block reward is controlled by: 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)
  • CPU/GPU mining
  • Block generation: 2.5 minutes
  • Difficulty Retargets using Kimoto Gravity Well
  • 84 Million Coins Max
  • Anonymous transactions using DarkSend: Pre-Alpha

I was so happy to see the price is up again. But then I noticed that eduffield remove the line "Encrypted transaction network" form the specification! Why? Did I miss something?

Well spotted. Eduffield has said the encrypted blockchain was an originally planned feature, but it may or may not be implemented. Since it's not a definite part of the spec I suggested we take it off the OP. DarkSend is a separate feature and doesn't rely on it.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: