Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:50:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722553 times)
snoodles

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:20:40 PM

Hi, I found this thread on reddit. So I'm not seeing on the first page how to mine this or what time of algo it is? Can I just point cgminer scrypt or guiminer scrypt at one of the pools with the same settings I already used for doge?

If you have cpu, try finding the source or binaries of cpu miner 1.2c or 1.3 with AES-AVX instructions (if your cpu supports it).
If you have gpu, you'll need this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

edit: gpu miner info needs to be added to the first post.

Thanks for the info guys.
tabnk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:22:17 PM

No Cheesy

I minted 200 carkcoins , am I rich ?
metstijl

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:23:33 PM

This will hit all major news outlets like a massive tsunami the coming few days.

Finally the anonymous dream is realized...

We thought zerocoin would be first...

We thought stablecoin might pull it through....

We kneel before the one true king of the Anonorth....
DARKCOIN !!!!!

Hands down , Darkcoin is the bitcoin of the darkoins..
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:24:15 PM

Tutorial for mining darkcoin on ubuntu 13.10 using ATI/AMD GPUs

After installing Ubuntu 13.10, download and install the latest AMD driver. Then enter the following at the terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential git libcurl4-gnutls-dev ncurses-dev git autoconf libtool curl libncurses-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev -y

download linux opencl driver:
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/
(scroll down to AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64.tgz

cd ~/Downloads
tar -xvf AMD-APP-SDK-v2.9-lnx64.tgz
./Install-AMD-APP.sh

download the ADL SDK:
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/
cd ~/Downloads/
mkdir adl
mv ADL_SDK_6.0.zip adl
cd adl
unzip ADL_SDK_6.0.zip
cp include/*.h ~/sph-sgminer/ADL_SDK
[reboot]

cd ~
git clone  https://github.com/prettyhatemachine/sph-sgminer.git
cd sph-sgminer/
autoreconf -i
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native"
./configure
make
./sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://yourpool.com:1234 -u username -p password -I 18 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 12800 -g 1

Hi mate, I returned my graphics card, I bought A Radeon 6670, installed in along with the drivers. I tried to follow your commands but I get an error message saying: cp: cannot stat ‘include/*.h’: No such file or directory

Any idea what's wrong?

I just want to say, and let me tell you, I've done it myself, you will never mine enough coins to pay for that card.  I bought 2 antminers 2 months ago when I first dove into cryptos, and I'll never see my money back on those, LOL.  Now, you might be like  me and want to learn above all else, that's cool too!  But if you want to make an investment, buy some bitcoin, then buy darkcoin, it will be a better investment, but if you're a gamer, the card can be used for that as well, so it's cool.

Finally, please someone correct me if I'm wrong,  think you still need a 64 bit system to mine dark???

Otherwise, after the above post, another user added this info:

If you run encrypted root, you'll be prompted with a framebuffer screen to input your password. Once you install these drivers, framebuffer will fail. It'll just be a blank screen and you'll wonder exactly how fucked you are because nothing is happening. Type your password blind, hit enter, everything is just fine...

Sorry, I forgot to note who that was  Huh

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
ManOnTheMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 11:27:11 PM

My hot european girlfriend gave me an ultimatum either her or Darkcoin so I smacked that bitch unconscious with a rusty tire iron.

ETH: 0xff90080d7db05ced501f273548841a2c39cf6463
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:28:01 PM

I appreciate Anonymint's commentary, though I disagree with his assessment. What I look forward to the most is Eduf's response. The "pounce on the detractor with hate" is more akin to a political faction's response than a math project... I've experienced a bit of that myself... ;-)

For this coin - perhaps more than any other out there right now, given its intended purpose -criticism is more than welcome.  His is frankly exceptional and the best I've seen thus far in this thread.

Having said that...  In fairness to those attacking AnonyMint, offering unequivocal dismissal in the same breath as plugging one's own alternative (or, at least, plugging the fact that he is working on an alternative) seriously smacks of douchebaggery, and he should have expected to be called out on it.

Sorry, I have to disagree, the guys comments have been haughty from the start and grew into self promotion.  Still, I too like the questions being thrown out there by someone who at least sounds knowledgeable and have been happy with eduffield's responses.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:29:07 PM

Finally finished all pages on http://wiki.darkcoin.fr.
Will try to polish everything in the coming days and some other surprises. Smiley

In other news: I am eager to test Darksend.  Grin

Really awesome, thank you for your work!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:30:01 PM

Any news on the drug market? I want to sell some ice.

I'm launching a basic forum tomorrow. I will offer darkcoin escrow services at1%.

A DRK integrated marketplace is being developed and coming soon.

Outstanding!
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:33:08 PM

Any Ideas?

First, I can say I always get these though I have specified:

[20:19:47] WARNING: GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT is not specified!
[20:19:47] WARNING: GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS is not specified!

And the other error, I could seriously hit my head against the wall because I always forget details... did you update the graphics card driver?  Not the beta, but the newest stable release?  That should help if not fix....

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:41:12 PM

I explained in great detail why all non-PoW systems, e.g. proof-of-stake, are thus not secure.

Is this the same argument, as usual, by people who don't understand game theory and require every person to run a custom client to stake multiple chains at once with no cost?  The only problem is, it requires someone invested in a currency to run a client to destabilize a network they depend on for the security of their investment, thus completely failing the game theory test.  Then you need not only 1 person to participate in this irrational behavior, but the entire bell curve.

Proof of stake is very complex, and there are many other issues surrounding it, but people always concentrate on non-factors like the above scenario.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
P2PHash

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:42:35 PM

P2PHash
Hi guys, I'me setting up a new p2pool
Address: drk.p2phash.com

Could some of you try to connect to it, I'd like to test what kind of load my server can handle. Since it's p2pool you won't loose any shares coming from another p2pool and local hashrate doesn't impact your earnings Smiley
Low fee: 0.5%
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:44:29 PM

After installing Ubuntu 13.10, download and install the latest AMD driver. Then enter the following at the terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential git libcurl4-gnutls-dev ncurses-dev git autoconf libtool curl libncurses-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev -y

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/

cd ~/Downloads
./Install-AMD-APP.sh

download the ADL SDK:
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/
cd ~/Downloads/
mkdir adl
mv ADL_SDK_6.0.zip adl
cd adl
unzip ADL_SDK_6.0.zip
[reboot]

cd ~
cd sph-sgminer/
autoreconf -i
./configure
make
./sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://yourpool.com:1234 -u username -p password -I 18 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 12800 -g 1

Hi mate, I returned my graphics card, I bought A Radeon 6670, installed in along with the drivers. I tried to follow your commands but I get an error message saying: cp: cannot stat ‘include/*.h’: No such file or directory

Any idea what's wrong?

I just want to say, and let me tell you, I've done it myself, you will never mine enough coins to pay for that card.  I bought 2 antminers 2 months ago when I first dove into cryptos, and I'll never see my money back on those, LOL.  Now, you might be like  me and want to learn above all else, that's cool too!  But if you want to make an investment, buy some bitcoin, then buy darkcoin, it will be a better investment, but if you're a gamer, the card can be used for that as well, so it's cool.

Finally, please someone correct me if I'm wrong,  think you still need a 64 bit system to mine dark???

If you run encrypted root, you'll be prompted with a framebuffer screen to input your password. Once you install these drivers, framebuffer will fail. It'll just be a blank screen and you'll wonder exactly how fucked you are because nothing is happening. Type your password blind, hit enter, everything is just fine...

Yes, He needs a 64bit system. He stated this earlier: I'm running linux mint 32bit, my graphics card is an GeForce GT 610
Winky

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:44:43 PM

DarkCoin to the Moon!  Grin

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:48:16 PM

I appreciate Anonymint's commentary, though I disagree with his assessment. What I look forward to the most is Eduf's response. The "pounce on the detractor with hate" is more akin to a political faction's response than a math project... I've experienced a bit of that myself... ;-)

For this coin - perhaps more than any other out there right now, given its intended purpose -criticism is more than welcome.  His is frankly exceptional and the best I've seen thus far in this thread.

Having said that...  In fairness to those attacking AnonyMint, offering unequivocal dismissal in the same breath as plugging one's own alternative (or, at least, plugging the fact that he is working on an alternative) seriously smacks of douchebaggery, and he should have expected to be called out on it.

Sorry, I have to disagree, the guys comments have been haughty from the start and grew into self promotion.  Still, I too like the questions being thrown out there by someone who at least sounds knowledgeable and have been happy with eduffield's responses.

We need every criticism that we can get to make this as much bulletproof as it gets - even if it originates from less altruistic / more egoistic type of people with their own agenda. The hackers that may crack this thing open or tamper with its operation requiring upgrades on DRK's part, won't be kind or come here for discussion - they'll simply do what they know best, so there you won't even have a chance to criticize their personality. So it's better facing all (or most of) the problems now rather than later. Not that bitcoin was build in a day and in a perfect state, it still has flaws that aren't fixed in like its 5th year running, so there will inevitably be a learning curve where certain things will have to be improved upon - that's the way I see it, at least.

Anyone expecting 100% anonymity or a flawless curve where no issue is found will be panic selling - especially those who are now joining the club. I mean AnonyMint simply wrote a "this is flawed" and the price went down. Imagine if issues that need to be resolved are uncovered - which they will, because you can't be perfect from day one - and you have the "ohhhh nooooo I MUST SELL EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW"...creating a wave of disappointment in the community, who, for the most part, are here for the profit, rather than the evolution of technology. So it's far better to be grounded and have realistic expectations.

Besides, it's not only a matter of financial speculation, but also an issue of technological competition in who achieves the greatest degree of anonymity, with multiple solutions competing against each other (ok, not for the time being because obviously DRK is now live, but ultimately that's what'll happen). If you want to be ahead of the others, you must constantly improve and make course-adjustments every step of the way when you detect issues and problems that go along with pushing the envelope.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:52:03 PM

We need every criticism that we can get to make this as much bulletproof as it gets - even if it originates from less altruistic / more egoistic type of people with their own agenda. The hackers that may crack this thing open or tamper with its operation requiring upgrades on DRK's part, won't be kind or come here for discussion - they'll simply do what they know best, so there you won't even have a chance to criticize their personality. So it's better facing all (or most of) the problems now rather than later. Not that bitcoin was build in a day and in a perfect state, it still has flaws that aren't fixed in like its 5th year running, so there will inevitably be a learning curve where certain things will have to be improved upon - that's the way I see it, at least.

Anyone expecting 100% anonymity or a flawless curve where no issue is found will be panic selling - especially those who are now joining the club. I mean AnonyMint simply wrote a "this is flawed" and the price went down. Imagine if issues that need to be resolved are uncovered - which they will, because you can't be perfect from day one - and you have the "ohhhh nooooo I MUST SELL EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW"...creating a wave of disappointment in the community, who, for the most part, are here for the profit, rather than the evolution of technology. So it's far better to be grounded and have realistic expectations.

Besides, it's not only a matter of financial speculation, but also an issue of technological competition in who achieves the greatest degree of anonymity, with multiple solutions competing against each other (ok, not for the time being because obviously DRK is now live, but ultimately that's what'll happen). If you want to be ahead of the others, you must constantly improve and make course-adjustments every step of the way when you detect issues and problems that go along with pushing the envelope.

I really don't think him saying it was flawed was enough to move the market even a tiny bit. If it did, glad the retards dumped.

edit : Also, that new logo on the wallet is looking really sweet.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:52:30 PM

I mean AnonyMint simply wrote a "this is flawed" and the price went down.

This is the same guy that says Bitcoin was created by the NSA, and Satoshi is an NSA employee, in order to create a new world order control grid

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:54:20 PM

I can't get DarkSend to work, been trying for a while.

I added eduffield's node address directly.
addnode 50.19.116.123 add

I wait until the pool session changes from 1001.
{
"state" : 2,
"session_id" : 1001,
"pooled_inputs" : 0,
"pooled_outputs" : 0,
"pooled_signatures" : 0,
"my_transactions" : 0
}

{
"session_id" : 1016,
"pooled_inputs" : 0,
}

I send some amount with DarkSend checked.
{
"session_id" : 1016,
"pooled_inputs" : 1,
"my_transactions" : 1
}

The session never completes.

Minutes later I try again, this time transactions from others are there:
{
"session_id" : 1017,
"pooled_inputs" : 2,
}

I send an amount. It tells me insufficient funds, even though I have more than enough. Transaction fails.

Anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:00:01 AM

Hey guys. I have 4 280x running on phm sgminer 4.1  Yesterday I had about 8.2MH/s and I had to restart it this morning and now I'm getting only 7.3MH/s  I can't seem to get it back to what it was. Anyone happen to know what I am doing wrong?  Thank you.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:02:15 AM

Would be nice if someone could change darkcoin.io

"Will be the only crypto......" doenst seem accurate anymore.

WIch other coin is anonymous to ?

It has to show:

"Is the only crypto....."

LOL, I was assuming the other way too  Grin

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:07:43 AM

Code:

cd ~/Downloads
./Install-AMD-APP.sh

download the ADL SDK:
cd ~/Downloads/
mkdir adl
mv ADL_SDK_6.0.zip adl
cd adl
unzip ADL_SDK_6.0.zip
[reboot]

cd ~
cd sph-sgminer/
autoreconf -i
./configure
make

Any idea what's wrong?

I'm currently mining DRK with my Radeon 6670 (not the fastest but it works) Smiley

I'll tell you in the morning how many coins I mine with it, I have a funny feeling it may take a while to get the £70 for my card back, lol. I didn't buy it to earm money, I bought it to learn how to mine, as I like to set challenges for myself, this one did make me scratch my head too.

I'm currently getting 350Kh with it,not sure if that is good?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: