Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:37:19 AM

If anyone is interested in contributing, I would like to put together a DarkCoin Mining Hardware Comparison list for the wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/DarkCoin). I've got a shell with my own info and would like to add more. The info I am looking to add is GPU (please be specific), kH/s, Core Clock, Memory Clock, Volts, Watts, which Miner is being used, the Config/bat, and Misc Notes (OS/Drivers/Temp). If you want to PM me your info I will get it added to my list.

This is way too esoteric for wikipedia. None of the major coins have such a list on their wiki pages.

It needs to be put on a separate site. A public google doc works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 06:46:17 AM

If anyone is interested in contributing, I would like to put together a DarkCoin Mining Hardware Comparison list for the wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/DarkCoin). I've got a shell with my own info and would like to add more. The info I am looking to add is GPU (please be specific), kH/s, Core Clock, Memory Clock, Volts, Watts, which Miner is being used, the Config/bat, and Misc Notes (OS/Drivers/Temp). If you want to PM me your info I will get it added to my list.

This is way too esoteric for wikipedia. None of the major coins have such a list on their wiki pages.

I can put it on the subreddit wiki if you like. And it could be linked to from the main website (when the new one launches).

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:49:31 AM

Aha a missing step now I'm more hopeful.  I downloaded the sdk and I have the following files/folder in ADL_SDK_6.0:

ADL_SDK.html
adlutil
include
Public-Documents
Sample
Sample-Managed

What should I put where?

Just dump all the contents (even so only 4 or so files are needed, I just dump 'em all in there) from ADL_SDK_6.0 that you downloaded into the ADL_SDK folder in your sgminer folder Smiley  Let us know if that fixed it!

There was no ADL_SDK folder in my sgminer folder.  Are you referring to building from source or are you talking about just being able to run the sgminer downloaded darkcoin.io home page?  The sgminer downloaded from darkcoin.io already has an sgminer.exe so I assume it was already built.  These are the files in that download (darkcoin-sgminer-windows.zip):

example.bat
example_280X.bat
example_280X.conf
kernel/
libcurl.dll
libeay32.dll
libidn-11.dll
libpdcurses.dll
pthreadGC2.dll
README.md
sgminer.exe
ssleay32.dll
zlib1.dll

I did create an ADL_SDK folder anyway and put those files there but that didn't do anything.  Or am I completely missing the fact that I need to compile this myself? I was assuming that the windows download was a binary distribution

Eeek, I'm thinking Linux, so so so sorry!  Lets back up, what is wrong, what is your system and your video card?  And have you tried this version: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:00:44 AM

I can put it on the subreddit wiki if you like. And it could be linked to from the main website (when the new one launches).

Where ever it will be most useful. I remember pouring over the litecoin hardware comparison before and it had good info. I've been going through this thread and the SPH (PHM) Miner thread pulling info. Once I get it together I'll shoot it your way.

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
eizh

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:03:26 AM

Where ever it will be most useful. I remember pouring over the litecoin hardware comparison before and it had good info. I've been going through this thread and the SPH (PHM) Miner thread pulling info. Once I get it together I'll shoot it your way.

Yes, I've used the LTC list myself when I got started, but wikipedia admins would delete it for sure. The solution is to get it up somewhere else and google bomb it to the top of searches.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:07:45 AM

Litecoin has one.  That's how I decided what GPUs I wanted to use on my first rig.  It would definitely be nice to have the same thing for X11.

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison
eizh

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:12:45 AM

Litecoin has one.  That's how I decided what GPUs I wanted to use on my first rig.  It would definitely be nice to have the same thing for X11.

I'm referring only to placing it on the Wikipedia, not our own wiki somewhere else.
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:24:52 AM

Litecoin has one.  That's how I decided what GPUs I wanted to use on my first rig.  It would definitely be nice to have the same thing for X11.

I'm referring only to placing it on the Wikipedia, not our own wiki somewhere else.

Ah gotcha.  I agree in that case - too much for the main wiki.
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:35:35 AM

BTC stolen from polo. Here we go again.
eizh

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:38:14 AM

Doesn't mean DRK will be targeted. Not sure what the previous thief's reasoning was for changing it all to DRK.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:40:26 AM

Doesn't mean DRK will be targeted. Not sure what the previous thief's reasoning was for changing it all to DRK.
the system wouldnt let him take out the bitcoins, so he bought darkcoins and brought them to polo to change into bitcoins.. basically ramping price up on ccex, and dumping the price on polo

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:41:40 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 08:40:54 AM by AnonyMint

Edit:

Regarding his idea to charge penalty fee to attackers doing denial-of-service on the CoinJoin output step...

How do you prove who is denying service when the whole point of CoinJoin is you can't link the outputs to the inputs? I provided a divide-and-conquer approach in that CoinJoin thread, but that will be unscalable. Seriously there is a technical reason CoinJoin is not the correct algorithm.

Any thing deterministic violates the Byzantine General's solution of proof-of-work and can be defrauded. What will happen is the fraudsters will game this deterministic selection to put themselves in control. Understand that the fundamental genius of Satoshi's invention is that nothing can be known about the next block winner a priori. I explained in great detail why all non-PoW systems, e.g. proof-of-stake, are thus not secure. If you introduce determinism (e.g. a pseudorandom number generator is controlled by whom ever controls the initial seed) then you've lost that key attribute of PoW w.r.t. to your use in controlling the denial-of-service of enjoining transactions in the CoinJoin algorithm.

Ah, you're replying to something completely 100% different than what I said. I suppose it's super complicated. How about this, I'll write the code for this into DarkSend in the next few days. We'll do a public beta test on testnet and you can try to break it. I'll document it and make flow charts and everything so you can see how it works.

I don't think so. I think either you don't understand how what I wrote applies, or you didn't mean what I thought you wrote.

I don't have any time for hacking DarkCoin. But if you post algorithms, I will explain how to hack it (if it can be) and let others try. Also try to tell you how to fix, if I see any way to.

No rush, you are in the middle of a release. I am also very busy. No one sent me a private message about your post above. And I won't be wading through 100 pages after a week or so to find a response from you. Someone will need to message me a link to your future post then.

Also, the anonymint guy has every right to ask questions and be critical about darkcoin, he just seems to be attacking it rather than being impartial. Seemingly for his own purposes. ... This was the guy badmouthing PSone because it didn't have Playstation 4 graphics. Everything in it's own time, you build the foundation first.

I never wrote anything about PSone, I don't even know what it is.

I explained in great detail why all non-PoW systems, e.g. proof-of-stake, are thus not secure.

AnonyMint, thank you for a very interesting read [even though i understood only 30% at most...].
Can you please refer me to your detailed explanation of the above. I have so-far avoided PoS completely, considering it a kind of scam, but the idea that by default it has a potential security flaw in the design intrigues me and i'd like to understand this issue further.
thank you.

It is discussed several times in the following thread, with several posts of back and forth discussion. Sorry I don't have time to dig for the links to the posts in the thread, you will need to dig.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.0

I mean AnonyMint simply wrote a "this is flawed" and the price went down.

That wasn't intentional. I have no financial stake in this coin. And I don't need promotion at all. In fact, I would try to minimize interest in the beginning, because I am not interested in a pump & dump, rather I am interested in winning the long-game by having the absolute best technology that will blow the shit out of anything else out there.

I already stated upthread that I will never announce nor promote an altcoin.

If you aren't totally confused, that is unfortunate as it is intentional.

This is the same guy that says Bitcoin was created by the NSA, and Satoshi is an NSA employee, in order to create a new world order control grid

Read this analysis and weep.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:41:49 AM

Where do you see this?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:43:39 AM

I think, by seeing the graphs of DRK and other coins, that the thief on Polo just took the BTCs and got away, instead of pulling a c-cex. Keep us posted on the situation, but so far it seems "ok" (except for polo or people who lost BTCs).

Where do you see this?

Poloniex tweets.
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:45:46 AM

How do I add a .jpg from HDD to a post?

sorry for being noob
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:51:58 AM

I think, by seeing the graphs of DRK and other coins, that the thief on Polo just took the BTCs and got away, instead of pulling a c-cex. Keep us posted on the situation, but so far it seems "ok" (except for polo or people who lost BTCs).

Where do you see this?

Poloniex tweets.

How the hell are these guys pulling this off?  Are they using some sort of hacking software or something?
overflowing

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:02:48 AM

Aha a missing step now I'm more hopeful.  I downloaded the sdk and I have the following files/folder in ADL_SDK_6.0:

ADL_SDK.html
adlutil
include
Public-Documents
Sample
Sample-Managed

What should I put where?

Just dump all the contents (even so only 4 or so files are needed, I just dump 'em all in there) from ADL_SDK_6.0 that you downloaded into the ADL_SDK folder in your sgminer folder Smiley  Let us know if that fixed it!

There was no ADL_SDK folder in my sgminer folder.  Are you referring to building from source or are you talking about just being able to run the sgminer downloaded darkcoin.io home page?  The sgminer downloaded from darkcoin.io already has an sgminer.exe so I assume it was already built.  These are the files in that download (darkcoin-sgminer-windows.zip):

example.bat
example_280X.bat
example_280X.conf
kernel/
libcurl.dll
libeay32.dll
libidn-11.dll
libpdcurses.dll
pthreadGC2.dll
README.md
sgminer.exe
ssleay32.dll
zlib1.dll

I did create an ADL_SDK folder anyway and put those files there but that didn't do anything.  Or am I completely missing the fact that I need to compile this myself? I was assuming that the windows download was a binary distribution

Eeek, I'm thinking Linux, so so so sorry!  Lets back up, what is wrong, what is your system and your video card?  And have you tried this version: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

Using windows 7 64-bit, HD 5830, Catalyst 13.12 Driver.  I'm not crazy about downloading random executables so I wanted to use the gpu miner linked to on the darkcoin.io homepage (I was assuming this was more official).  However that seemed like an uphill battle to get it working.  I finally succumbed and downloaded the sph-sgminer from http://dark.suchpool.pw/.  It seems to be working well so far.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:06:59 AM

I'm glad you got it working.  I've noticed that malwarebytes seems to catch bad code by calling it a Trojan, and the other miners are tagged PuP's which means potentially unwanted programs.

This isn't 100% safe but it helps??

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:09:34 AM

How do I add a .jpg from HDD to a post?

sorry for being noob

You need to put it up on the internet somewhere, like flikr or photobucket, then link it.  You can highlight the address and hit the insert image button, or type ["img"]http://address["/img"] without the quotes

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:14:14 AM

I don't have any time for hacking DarkCoin. But if you post algorithms, I will explain how to hack it (if it can be) and let others try. Also try to tell you how to fix, if I see any way to.

No rush, you are in the middle of a release. I am also very busy. No one sent me a private message about your post above. And I won't be wading through 100 pages after a week or so to find a response from you. Someone will need to message me a link to your future post then.

I explained in great detail why all non-PoW systems, e.g. proof-of-stake, are thus not secure.

AnonyMint, thank you for a very interesting read [even though i understood only 30% at most...].
Can you please refer me to your detailed explanation of the above. I have so-far avoided PoS completely, considering it a kind of scam, but the idea that by default it has a potential security flaw in the design intrigues me and i'd like to understand this issue further.
thank you.

It is discussed several times in the following thread, with several posts of back and forth discussion. Sorry I don't have time to dig for the links to the posts in the thread, you will need to dig.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.0

I mean AnonyMint simply wrote a "this is flawed" and the price went down.

That wasn't intentional. I have no financial stake in this coin. And I don't need promotion at all. In fact, I would try to minimize interest in the beginning, because I am not interested in a pump & dump, rather I am interested in winning the long-game by having the absolute best technology that will blow the shit out of anything else out there.

I already stated upthread that I will never announce nor promote an altcoin.

If you aren't totally confused, that is unfortunate as it is intentional.

This is the same guy that says Bitcoin was created by the NSA, and Satoshi is an NSA employee, in order to create a new world order control grid

Read this analysis and weep.

You are basically the David Icke to finaancial analysis just as Monica Lewinsky is to playboy magazine. I bolded your extremely egotistical quips and even though the others feel like paying you heed is doing service to this coin, I have seen jokes like you run around and fling shit at everything you set your sights on just so you can promote your agenda in the long run.

You keep hinting about your super secret technology claiming you will never announce your altcoin launch but still at the same time dropping Red Herrings to the very nature of your project.

You are not even criticizing, if you can't be arsed to search for where last you left off and expect people to pander to your delusions then you are sorely mistaken mate. You keep linking to your aluminium foil conspiracy theories of how the NSA is planning to enslave the middle class bitcoiners into another era of financial servitude yet use conjecture and hypothesis to state as facts.

If you really want to criticize this coin, which is very welcome, then do not expect anyone to wipe your arse. I would have listened to a word you said but your not so subliminal marketing for your project coupled with your orca sized sense of narcissism and text book child like superiority complex is why no one can take you seriously. Even through all the other threads you linked. All your assertions about bitcoins have been wrong up to this point. Bitcoin is no closer to crumbling than it was when you hypothesized it would after it crossed the billion dollar mark in market cap.

So again, when you are ready to get off your high pony, and can speak without alluding to your shadowy technology that will be the second coming of crypto Jesus, we will all be here. Until then, do your fucking homework and don't expect anyone to cater to your imbecility.
Pages: « 1 ... 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 [323] 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: