Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 07:54:17 PM

Can somebody please pinch me. I must be dreaming. ZeroCash and anyone running a zerocoin implementation (anoncoin) needs trusted third parties?

Skip to ~ 24 minutes for the 'So whats the catch?# bit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXU65XsLiFk

What am I missing from the, duh, trusted third parties needed to enable a decentralised anonymous coin and knows where trap doors are?
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 07:55:07 PM

A very poignant article about crypto currencies and why we here should really take some of the points raised in the article below seriously.  There are those here that are focused on technology and are very focused on certain features of this coin...but we must in the big picture take all facets of what it means to be a currency.  Wither or not we take the advise of this article, lets say, seriously...I can assure you that version 2.0 of Darkcoin or Bitcoin will gravitate there because we need everyday people to embrace crypto currencies over fiet currencies to make the whole system work at its best.  I suppose one could keep currencies like Darkcoin to ourselves....why?

We really need to make this user friendly, user identifiable and way less techie ivory tower like.  My money is on the coin that eventually can bridge the gap between our neophyte world of crypto currency techno babble and the general population.  For the record...I'm all in on Darkcoin...what I'm hoping is some of those here that can grasp what this article below is trying to say...can apply that to our currency...for certain others will.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-needs-got-milk/

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:07:59 PM

I have the same problem as boubou. Have tried many things as well, and am open for ideas too.

If I throw in 30 drk too, could we please get a legitimate bounty for this as well (LimLims) . . so we both don't have to keep asking the question?

Also, I keep seeing talk about crowd sourcing the logo design. Awesome idea.

Are there any chances we could get a crowdfunding website up too? I'm sure it's becoming complicated to manage all the funds, and this would really help with visibility too.

If you're looking for something that really works . . use indiegogo. Perfect example for everyone: http://vertcoinmarket.com/

Try remove TC and just have shaders 2048
elbereth

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 08:16:26 PM

Depends on the bounty. Some of them I decide, some of them the dev team decides, some the community will decide on. Generally each is marked as such. It's difficult to put bounties to vote because money is on the line, and psudonymous voting can be gamed.

This one was more of a fun bounty, hence the low amount. I'm not going to enter into debate about the decisions though, let's just congratulate the winners and move onto the next target.

If you and the devs are ok: I think we need a public english wiki for Darkcoin, just like wiki.darkcoin.fr (good job there Cool ), to include

-laymen information (Google-able) until Wikipedia finally accepts Darkcoin, so that when they hit "darkcoin wiki" they'll go into it

In other pages of the same wiki one should be able to find:

-all relevant and in-depth information
-all programs related to darkcoin with links etc
-development changes, future stuff, running projects (like marketing bounties) etc
-hardware configuration and performance database for miners where we can point them for settings, relative performances etc
-list of every exchange and discussion point (forums, reddit, irc places etc)

In sort this should be the one-stop-info for all information darkcoin related that even the main site can link to, or get info from.

Thing is I'm quite slow with using wiki format but I can write lots of content in text/doc that can be submitted if we can set it up (which can be edited/improved by interested members).

What we'll need is a server/domain (whether in the existing domain of darkcoin or elsewhere) that has both wiki and darkcoin in its name. We'll mention it often in this thread to create google backlinks that raise it in relevant searches.

I could set up the wiki to be English & French (or I could setup the English wiki on darkcoin.eu which I also own).
I didn't thought nobody would make a Wiki in English, that's why I focused on the French one.
boubou

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:17:18 PM

I have the same problem as boubou. Have tried many things as well, and am open for ideas too.

If I throw in 30 drk too, could we please get a legitimate bounty for this as well (LimLims) . . so we both don't have to keep asking the question?

Also, I keep seeing talk about crowd sourcing the logo design. Awesome idea.

Are there any chances we could get a crowdfunding website up too? I'm sure it's becoming complicated to manage all the funds, and this would really help with visibility too.

If you're looking for something that really works . . use indiegogo. Perfect example for everyone: http://vertcoinmarket.com/

Try remove TC and just have shaders 2048
I tryed with only intensity,kernel and pool without a change.

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:21:15 PM

Ok, so we had some great entries for the 2-5 sentence layman's explanation of DarkSend. In the end I went with TanteStefana's submission, since it's pitched at newbies, is to the point & concise:

DarkSend is an integrated technology inside DarkCoin that protects privacy by pooling like-sized payments and by hiding who paid whom.   This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods that are used to break privacy by making them too difficult and expensive to pursue.  The developers of DarkCoin and DarkSend believe they offer users the best possible privacy protection available to any crypto-currency.

TanteStefana, PM me your darkcoin wallet address and I'll send the bounty through!

imho-
1. by hiding who paid whom.  => by hiding the transaction details (i.e. who paid whom)
2. This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods  => This dissolves the blockchain's transparency and pattern-seeking detection methods

I know there were many more precise ways to write this, and boy, I really must have bugged LimLims as I sent so many ideas in, but my husband and I finally hacked that last one out.  The thing is, most of us here are technically minded.  Actually, this is going to sound really bad, but the people on this thread are going to be way at the top end of the bell curve.  I realized the assignment was to explain it to "normal" people, but it was hard!!!Write 2-3 sentences that explain darksend to the uninitiated?  Well, actually I don't remember at the moment, the exact words, but we finally wrote it for all of my extremely  normal friends and family, LOL.  So that the masses can get the basic idea, and if they wanted more information, they could dig deeper.

Anyway, that's why it was written so simply, yet we tried to show the two main steps that obfuscate the transactions and punctuate it with "it's the best available".

Thank you LimLims, I'm really honored, but need to read more of the thread Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:26:28 PM

Ok, so we had some great entries for the 2-5 sentence layman's explanation of DarkSend. In the end I went with TanteStefana's submission, since it's pitched at newbies, is to the point & concise:

DarkSend is an integrated technology inside DarkCoin that protects privacy by pooling like-sized payments and by hiding who paid whom.   This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods that are used to break privacy by making them too difficult and expensive to pursue.  The developers of DarkCoin and DarkSend believe they offer users the best possible privacy protection available to any crypto-currency.

TanteStefana, PM me your darkcoin wallet address and I'll send the bounty through!

imho-
1. by hiding who paid whom.  => by hiding the transaction details (i.e. who paid whom)
2. This blocks the pattern-seeking detection methods  => This dissolves the blockchain's transparency and pattern-seeking detection methods

I know there were many more precise ways to write this, and boy, I really must have bugged LimLims as I sent so many ideas in, but my husband and I finally hacked that last one out.  The thing is, most of us here are technically minded.  Actually, this is going to sound really bad, but the people on this thread are going to be way at the top end of the bell curve.  I realized the assignment was to explain it to "normal" people, but it was hard!!!Write 2-3 sentences that explain darksend to the uninitiated?  Well, actually I don't remember at the moment, the exact words, but we finally wrote it for all of my extremely  normal friends and family, LOL.  So that the masses can get the basic idea, and if they wanted more information, they could dig deeper.

Anyway, that's why it was written so simply, yet we tried to show the two main steps that obfuscate the transactions and punctuate it with "it's the best available".

Thank you LimLims, I'm really honored, but need to read more of the thread Smiley

You are in good company - Satoshi once said:

"Sorry to be a wet blanket. Writing a description for (bitcoin) for general audiences is bloody hard. There’s nothing to relate it to."
the_darkness

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:32:19 PM

I could set up the wiki to be English & French (or I could setup the English wiki on darkcoin.eu which I also own).
I didn't thought nobody would make a Wiki in English, that's why I focused on the French one.

In a similar vein, I think it would be great if we could move the more general chat over to Darkcointalk (https://www.darkcointalk.org/) (or the reddit). It's hard to follow one giant meandering thread. Plus some day Darkcoin is going to have to move beyond a single thread on a bitcoin forum Smiley
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 08:33:58 PM

imho-

hahaha! I've been talking about this to a bunch of "normal" people, and about 5 minutes in I invariably get -

"Wait, what is the blockchain for again?"

Good work, and good luck on a VERY difficult task.

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
goin2mars

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:36:23 PM

In a similar vein, I think it would be great if we could move the more general chat over to Darkcointalk (https://www.darkcointalk.org/) (or the reddit). It's hard to follow one giant meandering thread. Plus some day Darkcoin is going to have to move beyond a single thread on a bitcoin forum Smiley

I'm agreeing with this. Sometimes, the alt site ends up being the coin graveyard . . but thats with coins with 100 or less pages on bitcointalk and the users are forcing the move to the alt site. This one . . there's over 500 pages now. It's time to move.

The problem here is that . . when I went to go find this link . . it was nowhere to be found.

If you want people to go to the alt site then get it mentioned more . . I couldn't find it in the OP or main site. Even if it is there it's too hard to find.
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:48:58 PM

I have a problem with sghminer

I run it but get a black screen. There's nothing after the initial texts "kernel is experimental" or something.

I tried with -T and --compact and both show text now atleast but I still can't see the hashes..

Any1 had this problem? The same config works in normal SGminer and everything is flawless there
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:56:49 PM

I'm handing this over to my husband, he has something to say Smiley  LOL  Grin

Not meaning to sound defensive, I think we need to explain why we wrote our entry (explaining how DarkSend works) based on a strict analysis of the assignment, which we took to mean "explain DarkSend to ordinary people in a few sentences."   This doesn't mean "explain DarkSend in full or even close-to-full detail" to those who are like the typical person on this board:  you are all extraordinarily intelligent, and such people rarely grasp what it means to be "average" in terms of mental functioning.

We guessed that the assignment was offered to help make DarkCoin and DarkSend a "big tent" offering, meaning that we need to make it accessible to all sorts of people - and not just the super-smart.  Look at a standard deviation or "Bell Curve" for I.Q. (if such a thing is "real" - it is controversial, but I think we can risk using this term here):  a vast majority of humans are in the big, fat chunk in the middle, while only a few are in the skinny tip at the right (smart people).  Average people aren't stupid, they can make great incomes (a plumber or an electrician can make a lot more money than a brilliant teacher or professor with several degrees), and we definitely will need them participating in this coin!  While "average" people are not stupid, they do lack mental stamina and a "reservoir of context," meaning that they can grasp new concepts but, without a body of related ideas in their minds (context) and the will to work it out (mental stamina), they tend to give up when confronted with bold new ideas.

That's why our entry "explains without explaining."  A true, accurate "nuts and bolts" explanation will do no good for this vast majority of human beings, who (and I'm not being deprecating by saying this) really just want to "feel they understand something" and don't really need to actually understand the thing, if you follow my meaning.  In other words, to make DarkCoin and DarkSend a truly "big tent" offering, we need to be open-minded and tolerant of the differences in our fellow human beings and appreciate that a vast majority of us will never actually understand any of this.  That, however, will not block them from joining us and using DarkCoin and Darksend, which they can use just like they use their microwave ovens, their GPS devices, and so on (none of which they understand beyond the level of "I push this button and out comes hot food" - they have little comprehension of the physics and economics that support their devices, but they are the backbone of endeavors and networks that thrive economically from their participation).

We humbly suggest that the DarkCoin community take these factors into consideration when judging efforts to reach out to the general public.  Thank you.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:19:31 PM

Very good! I think we should all be careful to remember the following though.

It's Darkcoin (with a small c) and DarkSend (with a capital S).

We need to be consistent with all our copy.

Oh, thanks Smiley  I didn't really think of that!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:27:44 PM

Can somebody please pinch me. I must be dreaming. ZeroCash and anyone running a zerocoin implementation (anoncoin) needs trusted third parties?

What am I missing from the, duh, trusted third parties needed to enable a decentralised anonymous coin and knows where trap doors are?

bump
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:34:01 PM

bump

Only thing I've seen so far from anoncoin/zerocash/zerocoin supporters is saying how inferior darkcoin is due to them having exotic/advanced math.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
the_darkness

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:38:20 PM

bump

Not too sure about the trusted third party aspect. That said, the fact that they received research funding from DARPA, and the US navy/air force (see acknowledgements in their technical paper http://spar.isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/ZerocoinOakland.pdf) is probably going to be a significant issue for them in terms of establishing trust anyway in a privacy-focused user base. They've assured users that any such backdoor would be readily detected through open source admittedly, but in terms of perception that's going to be tough to overcome.

EDIT: Given my previous suggestion of trying to move some chat off this thread, I might as well follow my own advice and cross-reference my anoncoin discussion over on the Darkcointalk forum: https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/thoughts-on-anoncoin.107/
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2014, 09:38:39 PM

I just wanted to say that after DarkSend, I have something amazing up my sleeve. I think this next project will actually define Darkcoin, plus it requires being built on top of a p2p currency to function correctly (and it's privacy centric...) .  I don't want to say more, because I want to a ways into the development before I announce it  Grin

I've been thinking about how to do this for months and just figured out the logistics of how it would work this morning... very excited  Wink

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:43:19 PM

I just wanted to say that after DarkSend, I have something amazing up my sleeve. I think this next project will actually define Darkcoin, plus it requires being built on top of a p2p currency to function correctly (and it's privacy centric...) .  I don't want to say more, because I want to a ways into the development before I announce it  Grin

I've been thinking about how to do this for months and just figured out the logistics of how it would work this morning... very excited  Wink
Is it bad that I touch myself to this?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:43:55 PM

I decided to dump half my Darkcoins today because of this coin. I fear if legit it could make Darkcoin obsolete and holding it will be toxic. I'm gonna be on the sidelines until I know anything different.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525419

Agree or Disagree?
I agree that you should piss off.

I can't stop laughing!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
ErrorId

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:47:52 PM

Is it bad that I touch myself to this?
It's all good brother. I got a little hard myself.
Pages: « 1 ... 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 [516] 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: