Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:25:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 [633] 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:34:48 PM

Proposed selection of logo candidates

The vote will happen tomorrow, so if the selection in the following thread is missing your favourite, please let me know:

https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/proposed-selection-of-logo-candidates-for-voting.216/

There NEEDs to be one extra added to this.

Using the current logo #1....BUT with the new "D" from #6. Evan posted a quick mock up of it a few pages back.  Who made the current logo? we need to contact him to get him to correctly swap out for the new D from #6.  That with the written "DARKCOIN" is perfect in my mind, and needs to be an option.

I personally think #6 is awesome.  But feel we also need a "coin" .. throw at D on the existing darkcoin  Cool
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:36:11 PM

this one is the best of all
----------------------------
Synchro problem, redownloaded the wallet from 1st page, deleted everything in %appdata% except wallet.dat ..... after 5 minutes of blockchain synchro the wallet is synchronized 100% Smiley WORKS ! Smiley

Yes, I prefer that.
mattmct

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:38:10 PM

I was also stuck on a block syncing in the wallet also.  It was zooming through the last 6 days of sync, got stuck for 5 mins, then seemed to clear. (using latest wallet)
Kai Proctor

Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:43:48 PM

The vote will happen tomorrow, so if the selection in the following thread is missing your favourite, please let me know:

https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/proposed-selection-of-logo-candidates-for-voting.216/

Using the current logo #1....BUT with the new "D" from #6. Evan posted a quick mock up of it a few pages back.  Who made the current logo? we need to contact him to get him to correctly swap out for the new D from #6.  That with the written "DARKCOIN" is perfect in my mind, and needs to be an option.

I personally think #6 is awesome.  But feel we also need a "coin" .. throw at D on the existing darkcoin  Cool

I think that's the goal, the "D" of the logo selected will be used for the coin design.
mattmct

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:46:50 PM

I think that's the goal, the "D" of the logo selected will be used for the coin design.

+1.  If that's the case, awesome.  I guess that makes sense lol.  Was just worried for a while.  
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 06:46:58 PM

Also please note: to ensure a fair vote, only one version of each design is included. Your vote for a particular design will count for all variations on that design.

I'm expecting that an official coin graphic will be created from whichever logo is chosen, so no need to add them to the vote.

If anyone has some free time, it'd be great to see mockups of all 10 candidate logos as coins.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
watuba

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:51:12 PM

Also please note: to ensure a fair vote, only one version of each design is included. Your vote for a particular design will count for all variations on that design.

I'm expecting that an official coin graphic will be created from whichever logo is chosen, so no need to add them to the vote.

If anyone has some free time, it'd be great to see mockups of all 10 candidate logos as coins.

I feel like people are going to just vote for whichever one looks "coolest" and thus pick number 6.  But I don't think it best represents DRK and is somewhat shortchanging the project.  Darkcoin has a lot of innovation going on in all areas of cryptocurrency, not just privacy.  DRK is clever and sophisticated.  Thus, the logo needs to be clever and sophisticated.  Some of the other choices much better exemplify this, but won't win.  Maybe that's okay though, as the logo's purpose is more just to be appealing to the average person than fully embodying what the coin is.

mattmct

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:56:44 PM

Awesome, cheers for clarifying that Lims. Smiley
mattmct

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:59:32 PM

I feel like people are going to just vote for whichever one looks "coolest" and thus pick number 6.  But I don't think it best represents DRK and is somewhat shortchanging the project.  Darkcoin has a lot of innovation going on in all areas of cryptocurrency, not just privacy.  DRK is clever and sophisticated.  Thus, the logo needs to be clever and sophisticated.  Some of the other choices much better exemplify this, but won't win.  Maybe that's okay though, as the logo's purpose is more just to be appealing to the average person than fully embodying what the coin is.

I vote 6 also, but I'm not going for it as the coolest.  I think it looks sophisticated, smart, and also edgy. DarkCoin is a cool coin clever and sophisticated as you say, but it's also has that slight edge, slightly almost underground feel to it due to DarkSend and other innovations.

What ones do you prefer watuba?
watuba

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:06:06 PM

Using the current logo #1....BUT with the new "D" from #6. Evan posted a quick mock up of it a few pages back.  Who made the current logo? we need to contact him to get him to correctly swap out for the new D from #6.  That with the written "DARKCOIN" is perfect in my mind, and needs to be an optioUSA n.

I vote 6 also, but I'm not going for it as the coolest.  I think it looks sophisticated, smart, and also edgy. DarkCoin is a cool coin clever and sophisticated as you say, but it's also has that slight edge, slightly almost underground feel to it due to DarkSend and other innovations.

I guess it could be seen as sophisticated, and definitely edgy.  I just think it also looks a little "young" and less trustworthy.  I actually like number 8 now for the reasons stated above.  It's certainly not as cool or "edgy" as number 6, but it's safe, clever, and still appealing.  If I were going to ten different companies to entrust my wealth with, I would pick number 8 or 2 far ahead of the others.  Then maybe 4 as a distant 3rd place.

LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 07:10:58 PM

I actually think the logo's purpose is somewhat deeper. One aspect that I believe is crucial to Darkcoin's survival (once source is released) is remaining competitive against a carefully branded clone that intentionally avoids any of the "Dark" baggage. If we were to go open source right now I believe we'd be wide open to being completely dominated by a "light"-branded clone with strong marketing. Look at how well Hirocoin did in mere weeks, and it doesn't even have Darksend. Selecting an accessible, mainstream logo that avoids any dark connotations and doing some major work on branding reduces the scope for this.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
watuba

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:15:34 PM

I actually think the logo's purpose is somewhat deeper. One aspect that I believe is crucial to Darkcoin's survival (once source is released) is remaining competitive against a carefully branded clone that intentionally avoids any of the "Dark" baggage. If we were to go open source right now I believe we'd be wide open to being completely dominated by a "light"-branded clone with strong marketing. Look at how well Hirocoin did in mere weeks, and it doesn't even have Darksend. Selecting an accessible, mainstream logo that avoids any dark connotations and doing some major work on branding reduces the scope for this.

I completely agree.  But, as I said above, I think the purpose will get lost in the masses voting just based on what looks cool.

TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:18:12 PM

Is it true, that at the moment 79,9% of the DARKCOINS are instamined (in the devs wallets) And this "Block reward": 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)d  is made to f..ck the ordinary miner ??

There was a mistake made in the beginning, you can read all about it here:
https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/

In the end, yes about 1.7 million was mined in the first 24 hours, mind by whomever was there, not one person.  But please read the background.  If this bothers you, so be it Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:24:01 PM

Is it true, that at the moment 79,9% of the DARKCOINS are instamined (in the devs wallets) And this "Block reward": 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)d  is made to f..ck the ordinary miner ??

In the end, yes about 1.7 million was mined in the first 24 hours, mind by whomever was there, not one person.  But please read the background.  If this bothers you, so be it Smiley

I think it's important to argue the fact that even if there was this distribution ratio none of the early adopters would hurt the price by dumping evident after this period of time since. People are in it because of usage not quick buck
watuba

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:28:01 PM

Having a public voting poll for which logo best fits DRK is sort of like having a voting poll for which girl should date a certain guy in question.  So you have 10 pictures of women.  The hottest looking girl is probably going to get the most votes.  But let's say we know the dude, and what might fit him best.  And while there's only so much you can infer from these 10 pictures, you can pick up on little details like how much makeup they wear, their clothing, style etc, and make a somewhat educated guess on which woman would actually be the best fit for the dude.  I feel like in this case, the people who know DRK the best, ie the developers/people who are good at branding, should be doing the voting.  Anyone else is just going to vote for the hottest looking logo, which may not be the best for long term success.

If you look at some modern logos, DropBox, Cisco, Pandora... these aren't the "coolest" looking logos.  They're appealing and professional, but also fit the the companies like a glove.  Some careful thought from the executives who really understand the company went into that.

ErrorId

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:30:48 PM

N°6 for me Cheesy

I felt the same way but then slept on it a couple of days and now number 2 is really growing on me.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:40:24 PM

I do like community engagement, but sometimes views are important but executive decisions are needed.

You need to pull off the trick of seeking views, ensuring people remain engaged regardless of the outcome, but make an executive decision as a small group with an appointed lead, Evan, taking on recommendations from the selected group.

There are a group of people that have a vision for this coin, some can see some roadblocks and others can consider the long-term opportunities.

Every large company works in small units. Running important decisions that have lasting strategic consequences through open voting will get you numerous split views and no real overriding results that everyone can live with.

Just my view.
Kai Proctor

Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:40:32 PM

Using the current logo #1....BUT with the new "D" from #6. Evan posted a quick mock up of it a few pages back.  Who made the current logo? we need to contact him to get him to correctly swap out for the new D from #6.  That with the written "DARKCOIN" is perfect in my mind, and needs to be an optioUSA n.

I guess it could be seen as sophisticated, and definitely edgy.  I just think it also looks a little "young" and less trustworthy.  I actually like number 8 now for the reasons stated above.  It's certainly not as cool or "edgy" as number 6, but it's safe, clever, and still appealing.  If I were going to ten different companies to entrust my wealth with, I would pick number 8 or 2 far ahead of the others.  Then maybe 4 as a distant 3rd place.

The young or cool look doesn't seem to bother anyone for other currencies (e.g. Doge). However, I feel that the #6 looks rather professional and sophisticated. You say that everybody will go for the look, but so are the consumers, the packaging makes the product more appealing.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:41:00 PM

I agree 100%.  

I'm glad you all have veto power.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:44:11 PM

I think it's important to argue the fact that even if there was this distribution ratio none of the early adopters would hurt the price by dumping evident after this period of time since. People are in it because of usage not quick buck

Well, you can also see it as this being the reason the price has remained so low for so long, as a slow dumping is occurring.  But that's cool too because it spreads the coins to newcomers and eventually they will run out of coins to sell.  It's actually been a blessing, in my opinion, because I think we're achieving a good distribution of coins because of this mistake!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: « 1 ... 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 [633] 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: