Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:29:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 [662] 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722528 times)
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:01:28 PM

my blockchain sync stucks on block 46226, what to do?

have the new wallet, also deleted the files in app data but that didn't work

dump your coins already before the sht hits the fan.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:06:03 PM

I have the exact same problem on the exact same block.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:06:42 PM

This is by far the healthiest I've ever seen our hashing distribution.

That does look good. And with a higher network.
ErrorId

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:06:52 PM

This is going to keep being a problem for Darkcoin and represents a massive roadblock for Darkcoin going mainstream until the Dev just goes ahead and fixes it.
Not going to happen so just drop it already, you guys sound like a broken record.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:08:16 PM

When people spend so much of their time trying to attack and criticise. That's when you know you are doing something right.

Time to buy more DRK.

bump
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:09:18 PM

When people spend so much of their time trying to attack and criticise. That's when you know you are doing something right.

Time to buy more DRK.

bump

How much did you buy?
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 06:09:37 PM

DarkSend Beta v6.1 - v.0.10.3.1

- Change "connect=" to "addnode=", it causes strange issues with masternodes
- Fixed some other issues with connecting to the masternode
- Fixed some other minor bugs

(Same download location)

https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/darksend-beta-v6.226/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:10:01 PM

Try this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6109003#msg6109003

watuba

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:14:59 PM

Hey can we pick a new logo already?  Pretty much any of the new proposed logos look more professional than the current one.  Can we just get something in place while we're still deciding at least?  This is a question for LimLims, not Evan.  I know you're just working on Darksend right now, and that's right on.

fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:15:28 PM

Try this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6109003#msg6109003

Thanks, mate. It started moving.
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:17:35 PM

DarkSend Beta v6.1 - v.0.10.3.1

- Change "connect=" to "addnode=", it causes strange issues with masternodes
- Fixed some other issues with connecting to the masternode
- Fixed some other minor bugs

(Same download location)

https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/darksend-beta-v6.226/

Working

Code:
~/.darkcoin$ ./darkcoind --help
DarkCoin version v0.10.3.0-7-g82b912d-beta

2014-04-08 18:17:15 RegisterAsMasterNode
2014-04-08 18:17:15 Found unspent output equal to nValue
2014-04-08 18:17:15 Is capable master node!
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:20:08 PM

Try this

http://www.darkcoin.io/beta.php
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:49:46 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 07:00:12 PM by janos666

Well, so...
Instead of writing "the guide" as a self-confident expert would, I will write down what I did, what I think about that and ask others to comment on what they think about it.
This way I hope we can put something together which is even better than a guide from a single self-claimed expert (e.g. put the knowledge of the whole community together).

I already had a working Gentoo linux running on my main mining rig.
The distro doesn't really matter but I think the Gentoo handbooks are really good (there is also a dedicated security handbook). They go relatively deep into the bushes (compared to an Ubuntu guide) while you can still brake everything down to simple "1 bit noob" user tasks by following them line by line (and might learn some things about the whole system on the road).
I configured the kernel to be as thin as it can be and only installed packages I know I need (or come as minimal requirements of some other packages).
Everything comes from the default stable branch, except the kernel (fresh ck-sources from ckolivas instead of the slightly older default "stable" gentoo-sources) and the proprietary closed-source fglrx (AMD) driver.

-> If you have never done it before, it will take a lot of time to install and configure Gentoo. But I guess most people will settle down with a simple off-the-shelf Ubuntu anyway.

I also already had a fresh OpenWRT distro on my router.
I regularly compile it for myself from the git sources. I also try to keep this as thin as possible (I only compile and install the required packages).
I configured the OpenWRT firewall to drop every incoming connections and don't forward any ports I don't know that I need. This firewall also has a simple SYN-flood protection and can filter invalid packets. (But, of course, it won't really protect me from DDoS attacks.)
Also, the router doesn't respond to ssh connections from the WAN interface, it only communicates on the LAN and it has a relatively strong password (12+ characters).

-> Not every routers support open-source firmwares, even less supports OpenWRT (and I don't even say OpenWRT is the best open-source firmware).

I think Evan's guide is thorough enough about what you need to do with the DarkCoin daemon. But it's easy to make it more friendly with screenshots.

And this is how I secured my wallet (at least for now):
I freshly created an Ubuntu Live installer from an ISO on a USB flash drive and also placed the darkcoind binary on it,
unplugged the machine from the network and and booted it from the flash drive.
started darkcoind, asked it to give a new address for user 0 as Evan's guide instructs you.
encrypted the wallet with a really strong password.
stopped the wallet daemon and made an md5sum of the wallet.dat before I copied it to the flash drive.
shut this machine down.

I copied the wallet.dat to the masternode server (as well as a third and fourth location as backups) and checked the md5sum again.
I started darkcoind as Evan's masternode guide instructs.

The problem is that darkcoind won't save more than a few hundreds of keys into the wallet.dat, no matter how big keypool I ask for (it does generate all the 10000 or more keys into the thin air but saves only ~500 initially and only ~200 new after it flushes those original 500 unencrypted keys when you later encrypt the file) and I figure DarkSend will eat the keys from the keypool like a crazy addict, and thus you will either need to periodically input your password on the online server (risking your coins if somebody hacked it, even more if you do it automatically and thus you keep the password on the online machine) or copy the wallet.dat to a flash drive, refill it's keypool on an offline computer and copy it back (while your masternode is offline).

I think this could be easily solved by "fixing" darkcoind to save as many keys to the wallet.dat as you ask it to generate (and also keep this originally requested number after a keypool flush during the wallet.dat encryption).

I am sure a real security export would scream into my face over this setup.
But again, I never said you can't hack my server, or kill it with a DDoS attack. I just said you won't steal my coins (at least not without physical interaction).
Unless... -> No, I won't give you ideas. Tongue

By the way, I only intend to use my own home server and internet connection for testing purposes.
When (and if) DarkSend becomes popular and start to consume some real bandwidth I plan to move it to a VPN server (or even a dedicated server, I will see which one fits the real-world requirements then).
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

Hey can we pick a new logo already?  Pretty much any of the new proposed logos look more professional than the current one.  Can we just get something in place while we're still deciding at least?  This is a question for LimLims, not Evan.  I know you're just working on Darksend right now, and that's right on.

Yeah, just been busy with IRL stuff. I'll go create the poll now.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:03:43 PM

Done. Vote for Darkcoin's new logo here: https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/official-logo-vote.229/

Vote closes in 48 hrs.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:18:54 PM

Another question about DarkSend:

- Do masternodes pay TXfee while they move coins as part of the DarkSend transactions?

Or course, the planned node-reward will cover that if they do, but there is no reward yet, so I would effectively pay for being a node. Roll Eyes
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:19:06 PM

Well, so...
Instead of writing "the guide" as a self-confident expert would, I will write down what I did, what I think about that and ask others to comment on what they think about it.
This way I hope we can put something together which is even better than a guide from a single self-claimed expert (e.g. put the knowledge of the whole community together).

I already had a working Gentoo linux running on my main mining rig.
The distro doesn't really matter but I think the Gentoo handbooks are really good (there is also a dedicated security handbook). They go relatively deep into the bushes (compared to an Ubuntu guide) while you can still brake everything down to simple "1 bit noob" user tasks by following them line by line (and might learn some things about the whole system on the road).
I configured the kernel to be as thin as it can be and only installed packages I know I need (or come as minimal requirements of some other packages).
Everything comes from the default stable branch, except the kernel (fresh ck-sources from ckolivas instead of the slightly older default "stable" gentoo-sources) and the proprietary closed-source fglrx (AMD) driver.

-> If you have never done it before, it will take a lot of time to install and configure Gentoo. But I guess most people will settle down with a simple off-the-shelf Ubuntu anyway.

I also already had a fresh OpenWRT distro on my router.
I regularly compile it for myself from the git sources. I also try to keep this as thin as possible (I only compile and install the required packages).
I configured the OpenWRT firewall to drop every incoming connections and don't forward any ports I don't know that I need. This firewall also has a simple SYN-flood protection and can filter invalid packets. (But, of course, it won't really protect me from DDoS attacks.)
Also, the router doesn't respond to ssh connections from the WAN interface, it only communicates on the LAN and it has a relatively strong password (12+ characters).

-> Not every routers support open-source firmwares, even less supports OpenWRT (and I don't even say OpenWRT is the best open-source firmware).

I think Evan's guide is thorough enough about what you need to do with the DarkCoin daemon. But it's easy to make it more friendly with screenshots.

And this is how I secured my wallet (at least for now):
I freshly created an Ubuntu Live installer from an ISO on a USB flash drive and also placed the darkcoind binary on it,
unplugged the machine from the network and and booted it from the flash drive.
started darkcoind, asked it to give a new address for user 0 as Evan's guide instructs you.
encrypted the wallet with a really strong password.
stopped the wallet daemon and made an md5sum of the wallet.dat before I copied it to the flash drive.
shut this machine down.

I copied the wallet.dat to the masternode server (as well as a third and fourth location as backups) and checked the md5sum again.
I started darkcoind as Evan's masternode guide instructs.

The problem is that darkcoind won't save more than a few hundreds of keys into the wallet.dat, no matter how big keypool I ask for (it does generate all the 10000 or more keys into the thin air but saves only ~500 initially and only ~200 new after it flushes those original 500 unencrypted keys when you later encrypt the file) and I figure DarkSend will eat the keys from the keypool like a crazy addict, and thus you will either need to periodically input your password on the online server (risking your coins if somebody hacked it, even more if you do it automatically and thus you keep the password on the online machine) or copy the wallet.dat to a flash drive, refill it's keypool on an offline computer and copy it back (while your masternode is offline).

I think this could be easily solved by "fixing" darkcoind to save as many keys to the wallet.dat as you ask it to generate (and also keep this originally requested number after a keypool flush during the wallet.dat encryption).

I am sure a real security export would scream into my face over this setup.
But again, I never said you can't hack my server, or kill it with a DDoS attack. I just said you won't steal my coins (at least not without physical interaction).
Unless... -> No, I won't give you ideas. Tongue

By the way, I only intend to use my own home server and internet connection for testing purposes.
When (and if) DarkSend becomes popular and start to consume some real bandwidth I plan to move it to a VPN server (or even a dedicated server, I will see which one fits the real-world requirements then).

Thank you this is helpful, could you please PM me the your address so I can send you a tip?  Input from other members of the community on this subject will be appreciated.
mattmct

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:26:59 PM

Done. Vote for Darkcoin's new logo here: https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/official-logo-vote.229/

Vote closes in 48 hrs.

Cheers for doing this LimLims.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:37:20 PM

Another question about DarkSend:

- Do masternodes pay TXfee while they move coins as part of the DarkSend transactions?

Or course, the planned node-reward will cover that if they do, but there is no reward yet, so I would effectively pay for being a node. Roll Eyes

Nope.

I saw you were having problems and it's really difficult to debug at the moment. I'll add some commands and upload a new daemon.

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 07:40:55 PM

Masternodes will never use any new addresses in the keypool, unless you send funds from the node itself. They're simply the center point that all users will connect to for mixing at a specific moment in time.

Other than that, great guide.

Pages: « 1 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 [662] 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: