Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:00:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 [641] 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722520 times)
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:50:33 AM

We need more marketing releases.

Anoncoin releases stuff on the testnet, and it's already posted on the web:

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/anoncoin-release-zerocoin-implementation-testnet-this-week/2014/04/07

We have so much good stuff going, let's market it.

I'm up for writing/help with the releases, couple more volunteers and we're in the business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:50:57 AM

I agree that an airdrop has too many negative connotations to produce a net positive for investor confidence.

I disagree that the skewed day 1 rewards are a non-issue, simply because it's evident that a number of people think it is an issue. Whether anyone *should* be bothered by the skew is irrelevant; investment decisions are made based on what people think, not based on what they should think. If there's a stigma surrounding the day 1 mining, and there's potential to mitigate that stigma, then that potential should be explored. Obviously you have to consider whether you're doing more harm than good in trying to address a perceived problem. If action is taken to artificially increase the coins in circulation beyond the existing reward structure, it needs to be really thought through and done properly. And it may be that it's too risky to be worth trying. In my mind, increasing mining rewards gently would be a low risk approach, and may have other benefits (greater mining adoption), but I haven't fully thought it through.

When Evan reduced the rewards, he did it where it had no effect for a whole year.  Things were kept at the same rate they were already with a % reward decline next year, still that was a big change.  But it increased the perceived value of the coin, so it was OK.

To suddenly flood, or eventually flood coins into the Darkcoin economy, when we had a "covenant" as to what this coin's distribution was going to be, would be breaking a major trust that we can never recover from.  This is a huge no-no.  It can not be allowed to happen.  What's done is done, but increasing the supply after people have "bought" literally into this coin is going to cause such a loss of trust, I don't think Darkcoin will survive.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:52:31 AM

I'm genuinely curious, the same people saying the name DARKCOIN is problematic are probably the same that said doge coin is a joke and were probably the same that said bitcoin has been tarnished by the silk road story. Seeing as how we all know that is more than rubbish currently, why is changing the name seriously an issue now?

Dark coin is barely PG13. You want extreme names? Sex coin, fck coin, potcoin and tittie coin have covered all the bases. We might as well name this coin Americoin if puritanism is being considered as a damning factor for the coin's growth.

The dollar has been used for every illicit activity known to man yet people will kill for it. DARKCOIN is attention grabbing.

If people hear about DARKCOIN, the first question is...

Why DARK?

The simple answer is its an allusion to anonymity. End of story.

If we do decide to change the name, good luck losing the prestige of developing DGW and the curious wait for DARKSEND.
eightspaces

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:53:20 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 08:06:49 AM by eightspaces

Why DARK?

to buy drugs, illegal material, (& humans, animals??) that one needs to hide from the authorities / public eyes Huh Sad
slyA

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:55:47 AM

Why DARK?

to buy drugs, illegal material, (& humans, animals??) that one needs to hide from the authorities / public eyes

Oh you mean just like the bitcoin DARK WALLET? or the DOLLAR?

So should we call it peek-a-boo coin just to hold the hands of the superstitious?
eightspaces

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:56:47 AM

Why DARK?

to buy drugs, illegal material, (& humans, animals??) that one needs to hide from the authorities / public eyes

Oh you mean just like the bitcoin DARK WALLET? or the DOLLAR?

So should we call it peek-a-boo coin just to hold the hands of the superstitious?

no, i mean like darkcoin  (I hold more than 60k)

I never intended to do illegal activity with my coins.
I just read it over and over again that people are looking forward to shady things thanks to drk.

P.S:  i cant really do that with the dollar online
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 07:58:43 AM

One thing this thread has illustrated for me is the power of fear when money is on the line: how quickly it spreads, how irrational it can be, and how abruptly small issues can get blown up to doomsday scenarios. Seeing this interplay of emotional reactions tells me we could be handling our relationship with you, the community, somewhat better.

I have seen this sequence of events repeat themselves like clockwork:

A change is proposed --> Uncertainty --> Fear

Naturally it follows that when a lot of changes are proposed or even merely discussed -- no matter the reason -- a lot of uncertainty will result, leading to a corresponding level of fear/panic.

To me, this suggests that proposed changes should be thoroughly discussed & vetted within the Darkcoin team before presenting them to the community. Proposed changes need to have survived rounds of internal debate before seeing the light of day here. And if changes are to be proposed, propose them strategically, and not all at once. Finally, I think the leadership needs to feel ok with making a larger proportion of decisions internally, as opposed to using the community as a decision making mechanism. The community doesn't want to be responsible for all of these decisions -- and often this approach leads to suboptimal decisions and increased confusion. I believe the community wants a leadership they can entrust important decisions to.

From the leadership's perspective, it's not easy to know when to solicit community opinion and when to keep a decision internal. I think that will come with time & experience. It's also not easy to know whether one has covered all the angles when making decisions internally. To address this, I would suggest the Darkcoin leadership could employ a sort of advisory board or think tank that it can consult for hashing out those tough decisions.

My 2 duffs.

Also FWIW I think the previous pages of discussion have been illuminating, and necessary. People tend to place far too much emphasis on the immediate effects of conflict & disagreement, when the reality is that this conflict exists because of underlying problems that need working out. Facing those problems head on is healthy, even if it can be painful -- short term pain for long term gain.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
luke997

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:05:17 AM

About the name - I think the Darkcoin is quite a good name, however if majority wants to change and vote, here's couple ideas:

BitCash
iCash
MyCash
E-Cash
eightspaces

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:06:24 AM

About the name - I think the Darkcoin is quite a good name, however if majority wants to change and vote, here's couple ideas:

BitCash
iCash
MyCash
E-Cash

best name is taken:  anoncoin
slyA

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:06:34 AM

One thing this thread has illustrated for me is the power of fear when money is on the line: how quickly it spreads, how irrational it can be, and how abruptly small issues can get blown up to doomsday scenarios. Seeing this interplay of emotional reactions tells me we could be handling our relationship with you, the community, somewhat better.

I have seen this sequence of events repeat themselves like clockwork:

A change is proposed --> Uncertainty --> Fear

Naturally it follows that when a lot of changes are proposed or even merely discussed -- no matter the reason -- a lot of uncertainty will result, leading to a corresponding level of fear/panic.

To me, this suggests that proposed changes should be thoroughly discussed & vetted within the Darkcoin team before presenting them to the community. Proposed changes need to have survived rounds of internal debate before seeing the light of day here. And if changes are to be proposed, propose them strategically, and not all at once. Finally, I think the leadership needs to feel ok with making a larger proportion of decisions internally, as opposed to using the community as a decision making mechanism. The community doesn't want to be responsible for all of these decisions -- and often this approach leads to suboptimal decisions and increased confusion. I believe the community wants a leadership they can entrust important decisions to.

From the leadership's perspective, it's not easy to know when to solicit community opinion and when to keep a decision internal. I think that will come with time & experience. It's also not easy to know whether one has covered all the angles when making decisions internally. To address this, I would suggest the Darkcoin leadership could employ a sort of advisory board or think tank that it can consult for hashing out those tough decisions.

My 2 duffs.

Also FWIW I think the previous pages of discussion have been illuminating, and necessary. People tend to place far too much emphasis on the immediate effects of conflict & disagreement, when the reality is that this conflict exists because of underlying problems that need working out. Facing those problems head on is healthy, even if it can be painful -- short term pain for long term gain.

I'm sorry but I disagree. Ask yourself why we have faithfuls and new folks everyday who find the discussion refreshing. Then take a gander to dead coins like EAC and AIR coin.

For every uncertainty there will be an opposing voice. Hell the fact that the comunity watched as Evan, AlexGR, you, CHaositec, coins101, TanteStefana and anonymint were trading ideas on perfecting Darksend bought the coin so much points in reliability you don't even know. Do you remember that it was after all that we saw the massive 87 BTC buy wall on cryptsy?

People are waiting at the sidelines to plunge in once DARKSEND goes live and resorting to behind the scenes deliberation, the whole "inner circle" M.O will just split the community. You're dealing with volatile principles such as pure anonymity and the cons it brings so full transparency is the only way to go.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 08:07:21 AM

I'm genuinely curious, the same people saying the name DARKCOIN is problematic are probably the same that said doge coin is a joke and were probably the same that said bitcoin has been tarnished by the silk road story. Seeing as how we all know that is more than rubbish currently, why is changing the name seriously an issue now?

Dark coin is barely PG13. You want extreme names? Sex coin, fck coin, potcoin and tittie coin have covered all the bases. We might as well name this coin Americoin if puritanism is being considered as a damning factor for the coin's growth.

The dollar has been used for every illicit activity known to man yet people will kill for it. DARKCOIN is attention grabbing.

Why DARK?

The simple answer is its an allusion to anonymity. End of story.

If we do decide to change the name, good luck losing the prestige of developing DGW and the curious wait for DARKSEND.

I'm still of the opinion that none of us here can claim to have the qualifications or data necessary to have a strong opinion on this matter. These are questions for market research (i.e. hard data) and expert analysis. If we're honest, all we really have is a bunch of speculation by amateurs. Even though I have my own opinion on this, I recognise that I might be completely wrong (as should you). Given how divided the community is on this, it might make sense to actually do some market research and get some expert consultation.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
luke997

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:11:52 AM

BitCash
iCash
MyCash
E-Cash

best name is taken:  anoncoin

I disagree, anoncoin is not a best name and makes a darker niche than DarkCoin actually.
Darkcoin, Darks, that sounds quite good and can have wide appeal. Anoncoin, Anons? Not so much.

What we have is pretty good IMO, but there are few other options if we want to tinker.
eightspaces

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:13:27 AM

I disagree, anoncoin is not a best name and makes a darker niche than DarkCoin actually.
Darkcoin, Darks, that sounds quite good and can have wide appeal. Anoncoin, Anons? Not so much.

What we have is pretty good IMO, but there are few other options if we want to tinker.

darkcoin better name? LOL?

dark implies all the shady stuff people will be doing with it. trading of the scum of humanity can be done with this and 'DARK' name catalyses that thought for all the dark personalities out there

anon implies anonymous, not  DARK. different league...  darkcoins name was never good unfortunately. XCoin was way better. i dont know what evan was thinking when he chose dark.
luke997

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:19:44 AM

darkcoin better name? LOL?

dark implies all the shady stuff people will be doing with it. trading of the scum of humanity can be done with this and 'DARK' name catalyses that thought for all the dark personalities out there

anon implies anonymous, not  DARK. different league...  darkcoins name was never good unfortunately. XCoin was way better. i dont know what evan was thinking when he chose dark.

This is simple to resolve.
Keep the proposals coming, put up best for the vote and that's it.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:31:18 AM

This is simple to resolve.
Keep the proposals coming, put up best for the vote and that's it.
+1

PrivateCoin?
PrivacyCoin?
---
PrivateSend?
---
PrivatePay?

Meaning is pretty clear and no obvious negative connotations. Plus, it's trendy.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:39:28 AM

I go to sleep, and i wake up to uther chaos?

1. Airdrop: even though i have some coins, and a possible airdrop would give me more, i have to say no thank you, it will deevaluate the coin, suddenly everyone get free coin for no work? come on, out of my original amount im down to 2 % of what i originally had, the coins mined in the early days have already been redistributed.

2. Name Change? REALLY.. AGAIN? with all these name changes we will end up being the joke of the day, whats the name of that coin this week, ohh it changed again...

It was voted on, people choose darkcoin, deal with it.

How to not give confidence into a coin, look at the past 6 pages, now theres a turnoff from whoever wants to get into the coin, its not the first 24 hours, nor the name, the name tells the function of it, if you want to do something, marketing, is where you go,

Darkcoin, we cast darkness on the blockchain, no more will anyone see what you have...

get a grip on yourself...

CHAOSiTEC

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
eightspaces

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:39:55 AM

1. Airdrop: even though i have some coins, and a possible airdrop would give me more, i have to say no thank you, it will deevaluate the coin, suddenly everyone get free coin for no work? come on, out of my original amount im down to 2 % of what i originally had, the coins mined in the early days have already been redistributed.

2. Name Change? REALLY.. AGAIN? with all these name changes we will end up being the joke of the day, whats the name of that coin this week, ohh it changed again...

How to not give confidence into a coin, look at the past 6 pages, now theres a turnoff from whoever wants to get into the coin, its not the first 24 hours, nor the name, the name tells the function of it, if you want to do something, marketing, is where you go,

Darkcoin, we cast darkness on the blockchain, no more will anyone see what you have...

CHAOSiTEC

people are already dumping, -6% atm. will go to -50% today?

I am ready to buy at the low Smiley Smiley Smiley
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:41:58 AM

CHAOSiTEC

people are already dumping, -6% atm. will go to -50% today?

I am ready to buy at the low Smiley Smiley Smiley

It's actually stabilising. DRK is nothing if not resilient.
eightspaces

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:42:40 AM

almost no volume. seems like not many care about dark atm
luke997

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:52:37 AM

almost no volume. seems like not many care about dark atm

63.6 BTC last 24 hr @ Cryptsy, #8, very good volume.

It fluctuates throughout the day but the interest is definitely there.
Pages: « 1 ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 [641] 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: