Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:05:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 [1758] 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
naxin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:05:46 AM

There is something I have noticed about this currency that I haven't seen talked about a whole lot, so I would like to point it out.

Bitcoin has a market cap of $8.4 billion. Darkcoin has a market cap of $43.5 million. Therefore BTC = 193 * DRK market cap.

Given this difference, it would logically follow that with equal support and stability, if a $1,000 dump could drop the darkcoin price 1%, it should take $193,000 for bitcoin to drop the same 1%.

However this isn't even close to what we see. Time and time again, thousands of DRK are dumped, and the price only moves a handful of percent. Now, I get clearly this is biased as you could point to times where this wasn't the case and DRK fell dramatically. Absolutley, but this isn't my point.

Let's use some real numbers to illustrate my point.

This is the BCW 15 miunte chart showing roughly the last 15 hours. First I want to note the high and low, 154 and 143, a 7.7% differential.

Next, notice the 3 major dumps, the first for ~5000, the next 3500, and the last 4300. 12,800 DRK dumped ~= 185 BTC ~= $120,000.

In this time period, $120,000 was dumped and the price didn't even move 8%! And saying it moved that much is incredibly generous, as the first dump dropped the price < 1%, the second ~4%, and the third 2.17%.

Now let's look at bitcoin. Using the market cap differential, one should expect 185 BTC DRK dump = (185*193) = 35,700 BTC for a BTC dump. What would happen in this case? You could buy the ENTIRE sell side of the bitstamp, bitfinex, and btce order book COMBINED. And then some. Now I'll be reasonable, I realize in reality if one dumped that quantity of BTC, even if it was only on one exchange, a shit ton of buy support would be added. Realistically, I don't think the price would fall below $300, $200 worst case. But note, that is a 50% drop!!

And here is my real point. The amount of resilience and strength in the DRK market to handle dumps is incredible. The decrease in value darkcoin sustains from dumps on a nearly daily basis is substantially less than bitcoin has EVER felt.

Let me re-phrase. Darkcoin experiences dumps on a nearly daily basis resulting in 2-5% drops that relatively speaking would drop BTC 30-60%. It is that community resilience and support that comforts me in this investment. (Beyond the obvious tech, great dev, etc!)

Now to those wanting to tear me apart, let me just note this here, because I would like to believe I am one of the few reasonable people posting here (not that you all aren't entertaining!). Darkcoin isn't blowing bitcoin away anytime soon, or likely ever. Darkcoin will not be the final solution, or the best solution. And Darkcoin is not a sure thing. However, Darkcoin has the potential to impact cryptocurrencies more than anything else since bitcoin itself was released. It has the most resilient community of any coin I have ever seen. And it isn't going away anytime soon, unless there has been an "ultimate" privacy-centric coin that has "magical" features that has been developed in secret and is poised to be launched before Darksend is in true production.

tl;dr: I like my investment at the moment. It is going to take some major disturbances to rattle this coin and community to the point where that will change.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:17:15 AM

There is something I have noticed about this currency that I haven't seen talked about a whole lot, so I would like to point it out.

* Nods slowly *

The force is strong in this one
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 08:43:24 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 09:02:12 AM by camosoul

I deduced that this would be the case when I went all-in back in early March. Smart Money has recognized what DRK is. The Pump and Dump PEOPLE will Pump and Dump any coin they see. Has nothing to do with the coin. What y ou observe is the result of the fact that a lot more than Pump and Dump is present here. This is why typical crypto trading ideologies don't work. Typical crypto trading ideologies are based on shitcoins, and DRK is not a shitcoin. The Smart Money says so, and you've just shone a spotlight on the proof.

There are a LOT of people like me focusing on DRK. We've watched the shitcoins. We saw BTC's rise. We know DRK is BTC 2.0. BTC was an experiment. Is an experiment. DRK finds the soft spots and hardens them. BTC Foundation is a mish-mash of do-nothings and dirt-bags and they'll never add masternodes. They won't touch the codebase for fear of shockwaves among the stupid people up to their eyeballs in hype and cluelessness. Some has to fill the delta between detected soft spots, and making them not soft anymore. It is inevitable. And it's called DRK. DRK doesn't have to worry about upsetting a bunch of dumbasses incapable of seeing the MtGox debacle a year in advance and crying about the community owes them... It doesn't have the encumbrances that petrify BTC and prevent that experiment from evolving it's own Proof of Service/masternode concept. Everyone else wants to call it a half-measure while re-inventing a wheel that doesn't need to be re-invented... The Smart Money sees what this is. Even if XC/MRO etc were finished projects, they're mostly pre-vestigial work that doesn't need to be done. Cryptonote based coins answer questions nobody asked while creating more problems than they solve... DRK is the only one that's moving up without trying to haul a ton of ego lard along with it. That's not to say there are not interesting ideas out there. There are. But they're just one part of a puzzle and don't work as a solitary coin.

The most interesting is DogeCoin. It proved that a coin can work even with infinite inflation because that infinite inflation by means of PoW resulting in massive distribution and use. We were used to thinking that coin supply had to be very carefully controlled. We were organically proven wrong by a coin that was meant to be a joke. What was once thought to be the ultimate important facet of a coin turned out to be almost irrelevant. It's not the meme, it's the fact that anyone can mine a useful portion. It puts it in everyone's hands. If everyone has a coin, everyone can spend a coin. Adoption becomes wildly lopsided. Any time something is wildly lopsided, it evens out proportionally to how lopsided it is. The more crazy the slope, the faster it slides to the other side. this has been a far more important thing than anything else in crypto. Even (claimed) anoncoins.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:00:55 AM

Yep - Its starting to catch on that bitcoin isnt private at all - and even the bolt on solutions that were created are not secure either.

More and more people are realising that an independent solution is what's required (Darkcoin). bitcoin will never fork to introduce privacy, the risk is too high. Bitcoin for public ledger transactions, Darkcoin for all other!

All it will take is a website to start capturing business addresses where you can enter someone's bitcoin address and uncover their entire history of spending. Smiley

Just read the article and I really like Kristov Atlas, he seams to know his stuff. I nominate him to be the third code reviewer

So the dream team I would like to see
If they would review the code would be:

Greg Maxwell
Andreas Antonopoulos
Kristov Atlas

+ Vitalik Buterin

What do you all think ? Are there more people that should be on this list ?
The more the merrier  Smiley

Add Vitalik Buterin to that list. Any combination of two in this list would priceless. Literally.

Personally, I think A.A. would be the top guy to audit. From all I have learnt from him, not about techy stuff but the core principles and philosophies that made Satoshi sit down and write the whitepaper, and the social implications bla bla bla... I think he would happily audit DRK

This news article is just the tip of the iceberg, as example

http://www.coindesk.com/how-bitcoin-helps-afghan-girls-achieve-financial-freedom/

problem is they dont mention these girl's younger IT skilled brothers.

DRK will promote freedom, actual freedom to gzillion people out there. Not only hi-end capital, but safe small tx too. Be it large volume, be it micro-tx. Totally private and anon.

The first real "e-money" ever.

THIS IS HERE AND NOW... Evan is just ironing some kinks. Testnet is getting stronger by the second!
He definitely belongs on the wishlist   
Added, thanks

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:01:46 AM

I deduced that this would be the case when I went all-in back in early March. Smart Money has recognized what DRK is. The Pump and Dump PEOPLE will Pump and Dump any coin they see. Has nothing to do with the coin. What y ou observe is the result of the fact that a lot more than Pump and Dump is present here. This is why typical crypto trading ideologies don't work. Typical crypto trading ideologies are based on shitcoins, and DRK is not a shitcoin. The Smart Money says so, and you've just shone a spotlight on the proof.

There are a LOT of people like me focusing on DRK. We've watched the shitcoins. We saw BTC's rise. We know DRK is BTC 2.0. BTC was an experiment. Is an experiment. DRK finds the soft spots and hardens them. BTC Foundation is a mish-mash of do-nothings and dirt-bags and they'll never add masternodes. They won't touch the codebase for fear of shockwaves among the stupid people up to their eyeballs in hype and cluelessness. Some has to fill the delta between detected soft spots, and making them not soft anymore. It is inevitable. And it's called DRK. DRK doesn't have to worry about upsetting a bunch of dumbasses incapable of seeing the MtGox debacle a year in advance and crying about the community owes them... It doesn't have the encumbrances that petrify BTC and prevent that experiment from evolving it's own Proof of Service/masternode concept. Everyone else wants to call it a half-measure while re-inventing a wheel that doesn't need to be re-invented... The Smart Money sees what this is. Even if XC/MRO etc were finished projects, they're mostly pre-vestigial work that doesn't need to be done. Cryptonote based coins answer questions nobody asked while creating more problems than they solve... DRK is the only one that's moving up without trying to haul a ton of ego lard along with it.

So, I went all in. Because I'm not a dumbass.

It's about the same time I went all in as well for pretty much the same reasons...

Everyone calling us delusional sold far too early because they were too stupid to see what is obvious to a lot of us...

If this were the corporate world, they would be the ones who constantly got passed up for promotion, standing by the water cooler, moaning about how they didn't get the good chair...  Roll Eyes

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 09:10:01 AM

Seriously I have yet to use any Apple product that did not almost instantly infuriate me with its complete inability do do anything actually useful, or do it the way I wanted to.
So much this. Apple takes powerful computer technology and handicaps it into a toaster for people who can barely operate a toaster without hurting themselves. It's actually a date screening criteria for me now. Girls with iPhones are not keepers. I need a woman with a brain.

"You, like, totally know stuff about stuff. Gross! Smart guys are a major turn off..." - Statement from a date with 2 college degrees in the medical field.

Men aren't supposed to be smart? No wonder procreation has become a crime against genetics... Vote early, vote often...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:33:35 AM

* Nods slowly *

The force is strong in this one

+1

lol +1
godzirra

Activity: 219

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:40:37 AM

@ naxin
 Wow. Amazing post.
Icebucket

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:45:13 AM

I think Andreas might be a Darkcoin prophet  Shocked
Check this Bitcoin Neutrality talk he did in 2013
@34:50 min

http://youtu.be/jy6XIBnThpY?t=34m

― Gautama Buddha
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:22:04 AM

DRK will promote freedom, actual freedom to gzillion people out there. Not only hi-end capital, but safe small tx too. Be it large volume, be it micro-tx. Totally private and anon.

The first real "e-money" ever.

THIS IS HERE AND NOW... Evan is just ironing some kinks. Testnet is getting stronger by the second!

1. It will get to totally private and (almost completely) anon when it gets anonymity enhancements + strong IP obfuscation.

2. It's not simply ironing out. I don't think people understand that altering the Bitcoin protocol in such a fundamental way, and making it resilient, is huge. It sounds simple in concept ("we'll add 10-20% payment to the node") but the delays should make everyone appreciate that it isn't.

Bitcoin is going against everything that we know regarding "coding" in the sense that ...it doesn't break! If you alter it in some ways, it can break. I don't even know if it is possible to alter it in a way that doesn't introduce some kind of vulnerability. Evan will need all the help he can get with this, not only by experienced people who do quality testing, but also by experienced coders that might be able to find different solutions in things that he can't see. The task of ...defying Satoshi's codebase, even by modifying it and trying to preserve its resilience, is no small feat.

A month ago I wrote:

I think it's a safe bet to assume there'll be another hard fork later on to fix bugs that appear live. The masternode payment system is a complex system and its doubtful that testnet has evaluated all possible scenarios where it can break.

Now remember... Bitcoin has redefined stability in a way that altcoins should be ...ashamed of themselves, really. Almost any changes that altcoins do on the bitcoin codebase, result in some type of problem. Or if they are written entirely from scratch, they have tons of issues (like CN coins, POS coins etc) because, well... they weren't written by the brilliance of Satoshi who had every parameter and possible eventuality almost mapped-out. The guy was thinking about variable types that expire in decades... His mind had a branch-prediction of seemingly every possible eventuality.

In my estimation it will require quite a bit of time to get everything sorted out but that's no blocker really because actual development projects require time. Writing a whitepaper just to initiate a pump & dump, without any substance behind it, takes just 40 minutes. Any coin that promises the world and skips the "ok, but where is the development time that is needed to do all these?" is nothing more than a scam. DRK isn't leading because it solved everything in a week. It's building upon months and months of work / new code / trials.

However this isn't even close to what we see. Time and time again, thousands of DRK are dumped, and the price only moves a handful of percent. Now, I get clearly this is biased as you could point to times where this wasn't the case and DRK fell dramatically. Absolutley, but this isn't my point.

This thing actually started back in February. It seems to be almost inherent to DRK... Back then DRK was like 0.002... Around late February an exchange was hacked, the hacker took 330 BTCs and bought DRK that he then dumped on Poloniex. This would be enough to kill ANY coin at that stage. The dumps were massive. Yet, the coin rebound back to 0.002 and only after several waves of dumps the price went down to 0.001-0.0015. The resilience shown was even more mindblowing than the current one - as weird as it may sound given today's numbers, because the Feb numbers in terms of order book / liquidity / marketcap were faaaaar smaller...

There is simply no single coin out there with the resilience of DRK, whether it's the community acting as a pillar of stability, whale buyers, or a combination of both.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:27:08 AM

https://www.facebook.com/Darkcoin

Just an FYI to everyone here, The Darkcoin Facebook page is calling Darkcoin a scam and linking a Hazard Article. I assume the page was hacked.

these guys are NOT affiliated with DRK !

this is the official page !!
https://www.facebook.com/DarkcoinOfficial
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:01:26 AM

The last few pages are like being back in the 600's... rationality, uncommon sense, and browncoats. Smiley
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:23:47 AM

Cryptocurrency News Round-up: Darkcoin Rises, Visa Exec Joins BitPay & Notch's Dogecoin Donations (International Business Times)
RUEHL

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:40:41 AM

Getting to look like a bear trap built on Sunday.

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:47:11 AM

Surprise about DRK's support strength relative to BTC given their respective market caps.
Surely the behaviour you describe is unsurprising as it would be expected to be proportional to volume rather than market cap, and furthermore will apply to resistance as well as support.

naxin

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:01:14 PM

Surprise about DRK's support strength relative to BTC given their respective market caps.
Surely the behaviour you describe is unsurprising as it would be expected to be proportional to volume rather than market cap, and furthermore will apply to resistance as well as support.

Okay fine, let's look at volume.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Bitcoin 24 hr volume: $19,660,542
Darkcoin 24 hour volume: $695,167

Differential: 28x

Point still stands.

I was very clear about it applying resistance and support already.
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1096

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:04:35 PM

8. Honorcoin (X11 / PoW/PoS): Nothing to show for except promises

Disintegrated into a scam coin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645946.0

Some of the most popular DRK trolls had this in their signature. I have said it in the past and it seems more and more like a possibility that the DRK trolls have a scam ring going with multiple scam coins launched within the last 2-3 weeks in particular. Some of the scammers then lead the gullible into a "reluanch" of the scam coin aka a pigeon hole outfit to rob them again.

Cry foul about DRK, launch scam coin in background, unload coins to exchange, relaunch scam coin as a messiah, cry DRK foul. Rinse and Repeat.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Icebucket

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:07:54 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 12:20:33 PM by Icebucket

https://www.facebook.com/Darkcoin

Just an FYI to everyone here, The Darkcoin Facebook page is calling Darkcoin a scam and linking a Hazard Article. I assume the page was hacked.

these guys are NOT affiliated with DRK !

this is the official page !!
https://www.facebook.com/DarkcoinOfficial

Please Report as scam and unlike .. this is just not cool  Angry
https://www.facebook.com/Darkcoin/timeline

If you click that "I dont like this post" > It's spam > Darkcoin's account is hacked or This is a fake account
then maybe it will be taken down

― Gautama Buddha
naxin

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:08:09 PM

Blockchain shared send broken
RUEHL

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:10:50 PM

That must explain the strength this morning and the need for decentralized mixing.

Donate BTC: 1FzpMgR34pJbEqtiMEujRiidoL7PgGPaUH
Pages: « 1 ... 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 [1758] 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: