Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:36:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 [1766] 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:21:31 PM

Doesn't the fact that the, us gov't anyway, regards crypto as "property" and not a "currency" make the money laundering laws inapplicable?

People launder money through property all the time.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:25:03 PM

same with Koolio. No loss for the community

To be honest, I think he was ok, just got burned when fork panic started during his pump (which was quite effective btw...) and made wrong conclusion.
I hope he can revisit DRK and see what's what.
foolio

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:38:57 PM

Maybe. But without any big news you'll be fighting 0.01 in a matter of days. There is no argument for that. I've posted the evidence, and it is completely irrefutable. The same thing happened with BTC, everyone thought 800 was the bottom, then 700, then 600, while the professionals called it as soon as soon as the double top appeared at 400. If you guys don't want to be told whats going to happen that's your problem. I'm going to enjoy checking up on this thread and watching all you shills turn on this project and start blaming the whales.

Don't say you wern't warned.

Enjoy.
lololol
mike^3, where you at!?

I was going to say the same... Slapper got all these guys figured out...
All those "friendly financial advisors" always have their own agenda - i.e. get you panic sell/buy.
Don't know why Foolio got fooled with it Wink

Most decent I would say is Toknormal, 2 out of 3 times his analysis is ok, especially short term, and rather observational than suggestive, also admits when he is/was wrong...

Yeah, because I didn't presume to know his intentions were manipulative and took what he said in good faith, that means I was "fooled". Yep. They don't call me foolio for nothin'! Or... you could be as wrong about him as he may be about where the price is heading.

Tok's analysis is good, I agree. It's much appreciated. I appreciate Mike's input very much as well. IceBucket's too, and anyone who takes the their time out to share their honest opinion. The way I see it is you really never know someone's intentions... admittedly in some cases it's pretty obvious that they troll or FUD, not in Mike's.

This is what I see: when someone says something that you don't really like, then it's tempting to cast aspersions toward their character, and project malign intentions onto them. Bingo?

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:39:09 PM

money laundering bollocks

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're an idiot.

Nobody has banned cash, nobody is going to ban ecash.

And FYI the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about the US and it's comedy government anyway, we're too busy being almost, but not quite, as economically buggered up ourselves.
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 08:43:43 PM

No. Sleep is unmanly. :-p

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:48:06 PM

Doesn't the fact that the, us gov't anyway, regards crypto as "property" and not a "currency" make the money laundering laws inapplicable?

This is a really good, and old, article that goes into depth on the subject.  It's worth a read...
http://osaka.law.miami.edu/~froomkin/seminar/papers/bortner.htm

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:50:48 PM

(...)
Yeah, because I didn't presume to know his intentions were manipulative and took what he said in good faith, that means I was "fooled". Yep. They don't call me foolio for nothin'! Or... you could be as wrong about him as he may be about where the price is heading.
Tok's analysis is good, I agree. It's much appreciated. I appreciate Mike's input very much as well. IceBucket's too, and anyone who takes the their time out to share their honest opinion. The way I see it is you really never know someone's intentions... admittedly in some cases it's pretty obvious that they troll or FUD, not in Mike's.
This is what I see: when someone says something that you don't really like, then it's tempting to cast aspersions toward their character, and project malign intentions onto them. Bingo?

Hope you took no offense with being fooled Wink

To me, both groups calling extreme slide or moon short term immediately raise warning signs.
DRK is unlike most other alts, hence one can't apply logic working elsewhere.
Best advice IMO is to ride the waves and watch the steady growth for the next several months.
Once RC5 is stable, it'll really explode with the real adoption following through.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:51:23 PM

I know links have been posted to TA guides and such, but can anyone just mention what the 4 different panes are here and how they differ?

Bit strapped for time to study TA now as I'm studying for university exams. Very interested to get into the chart analysis when I have time though, can't even explain how much I appreciate all the useful info given so far Smiley

"Rape Yourself! - Day Trading For The Fuller Figure" by Harpoon Spectre is hard to get hold of, I'm certainly not parting with my copy, but for just 100DRK I will teach you how to violate fundamental physical laws, bypass the lightcone problem with 'hyperinformation,' use baby wipes to pick up hot chicks, and toss in a free copy of Back To The Future on VHS. Promise!

You should also start saving for your cauldron now, has to be copper or bronze, steel totally messes up the acausal trajectory plotting on the astral plane BigMacD inversion upflip.
foolio

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:54:00 PM

(...)

Hope you took no offense with being fooled Wink

To me, both groups calling extreme slide or moon short term immediately raise warning signs.
DRK is unlike most other alts, hence one can't apply logic working elsewhere.
Best advice IMO is to ride the waves and watch the steady growth for the next several months.
Once RC5 is stable, it'll really explode with the real adoption following through.

Never offended. I doubt anyone here could accomplish that. My apologies if I sounded offended Smiley

I just have a weakness for calling people out when I think they are talking shit about others, when it's not  justified Tongue
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 08:55:53 PM

Service businesses can write receipts for anything they want... Anything that doesn't have an inventory/physical product. Car Wash and Dry Cleaning are top of the list. Followed by Asian-run Nail/Spas... Massage therapy, handyman... On-site computer repair... Anything with a clientele you can't look up easily or monitor that would be likely to pay in cash or maybe also crypto...

Pay their cash register with the dirty money, pretending it's a customer, ring it up, poof, there's a receipt. Who can prove there was never really a customer? That's why such businesses have to endure severe harassment from the IRS. The whole KYC and Laundering bit is just an excuse to oppress everyone. Pre-emptive violation of the right to privacy. They don't need probable cause to obtain your papers if they can force you to provide it up front under the guise of "Terrorismz!" and "Criminalz!"

Thats why crypto/DRK is important. It makes harassing/oppressing the innocent nearly impossible. Does it stop them? No. But it makes their waste of resources fruitless, and what person wants that on their employment review? Same reason I intentionally buy multiple guns at the same time. I know it wastes government resources on a wild goose chase trying to 'find' a criminal among a demographic which commits the least amount of crime... Political witch hunt. Make it come up empty and cost a lot.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
tempestb

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:55:58 PM

And FYI the rest of the world doesn't give a shit about the US and it's comedy government anyway, we're too busy being almost, but not quite, as economically buggered up ourselves.

It's not about banning cash or ecash.  It's about "purposely" hiding the transactions (Whether legal or illegal) which may run afoul of the money laundering laws.  That's why a lawyer and not some "idiot" like you should take a look at the design of DRK and where it is headed and make a determination on whether it does or not.  So investments like mine and ours are not screwed if there is a crackdown on something that somebody didn't think of.  I think it makes perfect sense to investigate this now before it all gets too far down the road to fix it if something isn't right.

Also, you might look at your own laws...  http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/MLR/   Which are just as wild.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 08:59:20 PM

I know links have been posted to TA guides and such, but can anyone just mention what the 4 different panes are here and how they differ?

Bit strapped for time to study TA now as I'm studying for university exams. Very interested to get into the chart analysis when I have time though, can't even explain how much I appreciate all the useful info given so far Smiley
"Rape Yourself! - Day Trading For The Fuller Figure" by Harpoon Spectre is hard to get hold of, I'm certainly not parting with my copy, but for just 100DRK I will teach you how to violate fundamental physical laws, bypass the lightcone problem with 'hyperinformation,' use baby wipes to pick up hot chicks, and toss in a free copy of Back To The Future on VHS. Promise!

You should also start saving for your cauldron now, has to be copper or bronze, steel totally messes up the acausal trajectory plotting on the astral plane BigMacD inversion upflip.
Does it explain how to get free health care by voting to ban gravity so we can all flap our arms and fly away, too? I'd love to hear how that works and I've never been able to figure it out...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:59:28 PM

Worth it
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:02:21 PM

USD on Bitfinex!

Time to masturbate in the DRK...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 09:02:29 PM

It's about "purposely" hiding the transactions
Transactions are a private, not public, concept, by nature.

I'm hiding my dick right now by wearing pants. Does that make me a rapist or child molester??

Some things are inherently private. My money and what I do with it falls into that category.

I am not obligated to expose it, nor would I if compelled. Those attempting to compel me will wish they hadn't for a few seconds before being robbed of the ability to think about it anymore by BEING DEAD.

See how extreme that gets? I'd rather just keep it private so I don't have to kill people... Its too much paperwork...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
tempestb

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:06:43 PM

I'm hiding my dick right now by wearing pants. Does that make me a rapist or child molester??

Some things are inherently private. My money and what I do with it falls into that category.

I am not obligated to expose it, nor would I if compelled. Those attempting to compel me will wish they hadn't for a few seconds before being robbed of the ability to think about it anymore by BEING DEAD.

See how extreme that gets? I'd rather just keep it private so I don't have to kill people... Its too much paperwork...

You are obligated to expose it if your dick is worth $10,000.  That's the law.  If you structure your pants to hide your dick so it doesn't get reported, you go to jail for hiding your big dick.  Congratulations, enjoy the attention it gets you in prison.

Whether you agree with the laws or not, they are the laws we have to live with.  We don't live in some law free universe simply because we operate with unregulated currency. 

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:11:01 PM

It's not about banning cash or ecash.  It's about "purposely" hiding the transactions (Whether legal or illegal) which may run afoul of the money laundering laws.  That's why a lawyer and not some "idiot" like you should take a look at the design of DRK and where it is headed and make a determination on whether it does or not.  So investments like mine and ours are not screwed if there is a crackdown on something that somebody didn't think of.  I think it makes perfect sense to investigate this now before it all gets too far down the road to fix it if something isn't right.

Also, you might look at your own laws...  http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/MLR/   Which are just as wild.

People launder money in a hundred different ways, always have, and always will, regardless of inane laws. Criminals, you may have noticed, don't obey laws, and neither should anyone if the laws are stupid. This is how progress is made (or not.)

Any attempt by anyone to hinder my ability to make private transactions or keep my own business my own will be ignored/sidestepped/laughed at.

Stop cowering in fear, raise your voice and tell your overlords, and anyone else who thinks they have the right to know your personal business, to go fuck themselves.

The governments are the ones who should be compelled to transparency in how they waste the money they coerce out of us, not the other way around.
raze182

Activity: 163

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:11:32 PM

Talks about Darkcoin:

The Race For A Better Bitcoin Is On—But It May Still Miss The Point

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:12:36 PM

You are obligated to expose it if your dick is worth $10,000.  That's the law.  If you structure your pants to hide your dick so it doesn't get reported, you go to jail for hiding your big dick.  Congratulations, enjoy the attention it gets you in prison.

Whether you agree with the laws or not, they are the laws we have to live with.  We don't live in some law free universe simply because we operate with unregulated currency. 

Operating a masternode would only make the person liable IF they know that theres is getting used to launder money. If they dont know, or it cant be proven that they do know then they are not at risk...

This only concerns people if they are aware that their actions are helping money laundering...
so...

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 09:13:19 PM

Defiance is Duty.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 [1766] 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: