Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:13:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722616 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:01:26 PM

Or is it just having 1000drk in a cold wallet and a masternode running on a computer?

this

Yup, thats the deal. 100% safe if you do it right. Remote server gets activated by a cold wallet containing 1k deposit on address 0.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 07:01:33 PM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/help-test-rc2-forking-issues.1009/page-17#post-7325

What does this "cold masternode" mean really? Can you have a masternode with 1000drk without even a computer powered on? Or is it just having 1000drk in a cold wallet and a masternode running on a computer?

I'm sorry I'm not good with these things, but I'm curious.

Basically it means you can have a node online with the 1000DRK just for 30 seconds, then you activate a secondary "hot" node with no money in it. After that you can literally power down the first node because in the new implementation the hot and cold node share a signing key.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
choose-username

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:05:31 PM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/help-test-rc2-forking-issues.1009/page-17#post-7325

What does this "cold masternode" mean really? Can you have a masternode with 1000drk without even a computer powered on? Or is it just having 1000drk in a cold wallet and a masternode running on a computer?

Basically it means you can have a node online with the 1000DRK just for 30 seconds, then you activate a secondary "hot" node with no money in it. After that you can literally power down the first node because in the new implementation the hot and cold node share a signing key.

Ok. Many thanks for all of you for clarification. Smiley
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:08:26 PM

WHAT DOES COLD WALLET MASTERNODE MEANS.

It means that the server that is running as a Masternode has 0 coins in its wallet.dat so there is 0 risk of loosing coins.  We start a masternode like this, you need to use a second computer, normally your local computer at home. You run the darkcoind application in your local computer, you indicate in the darkcoin.conf file in the local computer masternodeaddr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999  (put in your public IP address here from your remote machine) This indicates the network that your local machine with the 1000DRK is vouching for the remote masternode with 0 DRK.  After that you take your local wallet offline, make several backups of your wallet.dat and as long as you dont move the coins from that address your remote masternode with 0DRK keeps running and making you money. Boom!

Here is a guide on how to do it:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/remote-masternode-guide-updated.410/
naxin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:12:57 PM

There is already one of such projects working:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626715.0

i think that a website must be setup, something like betarigs, where you can rent/lease a masternode at a certain price or %.

it could help a lot if this is an official site from the dev team and not someone that can run away with 10-15-20-30 nodes (no offense to DyslecticZombei, i m just saying)

I agree it is not the optimal set up, but is the only one I know that has been successful atm. I've seen a couple more people trying to do this and we've discussed many other options here, but I'm not sure the market is big enough for someone to code the solution.

I would not want the devs involved with this, that could raise a lot of other issues and bring more centralization. I think the market should take care of it once someone comes with the solution to the trust issue.
I'm already working on it Smiley

Plus I've got some very innovative ideas on how to run a trustless pooled masternode I will be releasing more hopefully this weekend after I finish testing.

Bump! Those of us who do not quite have enough DRK for a MN nor enough technological know-how are eager to join ASAP.

I would be EXTREMELY cautious in that endeavour. Not bad mouthing anyone, nor their intentions!

I would be extremely cautious too! Without a trustless system of sorts in place there is virtually nothing stopping the operator from running away with the coins. I wouldn't trust a single DRK to someone I didn't actually know, no matter how "trusted" they may be.

I don't want to release too many details prematurely, especially before I meet with my lawyer to discuss liabilities, but I have no plans to accept a single DRK of investment if I cannot guarantee the investor he/she won't lose it! Or even worse, in the event I die, I would want every investor to be able to get their money back, with absolutely no interaction from myself.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:15:15 PM

What if a new form of address was created, a masternode-splitting 'dumby' address, which allowed address A, B, C and D to each send 250 DRK to the special MasterNode-splitting address "E" and only allowed address A to send or request to receive address A's 250 DRK, and only allowed address B to send or receive address B's 250 DRK and so on.
You could then have a knowledgeable masternode network manager, like Dyslexic Zombie, come in and create a MN from that dumby MN address and take a fee but never actually have the ability to take possession of any DRK from the address itself?

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:19:10 PM

What if a new form of address was created, a masternode-splitting 'dumby' address, which allowed address A, B, C and D to each send 250 DRK to the special MasterNode-splitting address "E" and only allowed address A to send or request to receive address A's 250 DRK, and only allowed address B to send or receive address B's 250 DRK and so on.
You could then have a knowledgeable masternode network manager, like Dyslexic Zombie, come in and create a MN from that dumby MN address and take a fee but never actually have the ability to take possession of any DRK from the address itself?

If I understood you right, that would need multisig, invalidating your ability to control your funds.

Imagine this scenario. 5 people pool up for a node. 1 month later, you have a problem and need to pull out your DRK's. Everyone else loose node payments, or no one else signs the tx, so you get locked out of your funds.

I'm sure someone will come up with a legit solution though. I just dont see it.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:26:51 PM

Surely it's simpler just letting the 1k be held in multiple addresses. Their owners could create public messages associating them with the masternode, to be used by the computer running 'masternodeaddr=' .

Jesse Livermore

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:26:57 PM

If I understood you right, that would need multisig, invalidating your ability to control your funds.

Imagine this scenario. 5 people pool up for a node. 1 month later, 1 of these persons has a problem and needs to pull their DRK's. Everyone else loose node payments, or no one else signs the tx, so you get locked out of your funds.
Post on bitcointalk then that dumby MN address xyz just lost a 200-DRK partner and see if someone wants to take their place then? I'm not assuming that the dumby MN addresses are forever linked only to these 4 DRK-inputting addresses. I'm imagining that the MN address allows any address to send or receive DRK into or out of it.

hashnine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:27:28 PM

Just found a new big opportunity: BurnerCoin

This coin is in position #106 in coinmarketcap.com its still flying under the radar of everybody!

- X13 (fairly distributed)
- NO IPO
- NO Pre-Mine
- POW/POS (Already in POS!)
- 2 Million POW Supply

Current price: $0.07 (7 cents)

It's going to be at $1 very soon!

Advise: Get your cheap coins while you can, you have now the chance to still get it cheap!

Don't miss the train or you will most likely regret later!

Forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=645753.0

Trade: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BURN

You are new and you flood this everywhere?

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
S_Uber

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:32:09 PM

WHAT DOES COLD WALLET MASTERNODE MEANS.

It means that the server that is running as a Masternode has 0 coins in its wallet.dat so there is 0 risk of loosing coins.  We start a masternode like this, you need to use a second computer, normally your local computer at home. You run the darkcoind application in your local computer, you indicate in the darkcoin.conf file in the local computer masternodeaddr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999  (put in your public IP address here from your remote machine) This indicates the network that your local machine with the 1000DRK is vouching for the remote masternode with 0 DRK.  After that you take your local wallet offline, make several backups of your wallet.dat and as long as you dont move the coins from that address your remote masternode with 0DRK keeps running and making you money. Boom!

One question about this. If you use the wallet on your home pc for the 1000 drk and masternode fund, then can you still use the wallet? Or can you have a seperate wallet on the same pc? Sorry, I'm a bit noob on this issue still.
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:33:18 PM

Surely it's simpler just letting the 1k be held in multiple addresses. Their owners could create public messages associating them with the masternode, to be used by the computer running 'masternodeaddr=' .
What do you mean create public messages and what's to stop me from claiming the 333k DRK-holding XosX address?

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:34:43 PM

Imagine this scenario. 5 people pool up for a node. 1 month later, 1 of these persons has a problem and needs to pull their DRK's. Everyone else loose node payments, or no one else signs the tx, so you get locked out of your funds.
Post on bitcointalk then that dumby MN address xyz just lost a 200-DRK partner and see if someone wants to take their place then? I'm not assuming that the dumby MN addresses are forever linked only to these 4 DRK-inputting addresses. I'm imagining that the MN address allows any address to send or receive DRK into or out of it.

That wouldnt work, because

a) everyone else will instantly be pissed for lack of payment and probably pull out as well, if fear, etc.
b) payouts go to the the one address 0, so the owner of that address has full control of the funds, so payout to stake holders is seriously compromised no mater what.
c) If address 0 is multisig... a stolen PC, death, bad actor, holidays, whatever... invalidates everyone else's access to funds.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:34:53 PM

On a different note! For all you football fans out the World Cup is starting right now!  Next World Cup in 2018 we should have a Darkcoin banner in the finals!
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:38:41 PM

That wouldnt work, because

a) everyone else will instantly be pissed for lack of payment and probably pull out as well, if fear, etc.
b) payouts go to the the one address 0, so the owner of that address has full control of the funds, so payout to stake holders is seriously compromised no mater what.
c) If address 0 is multisig... a stolen PC, death, bad actor, holidays, whatever... invalidates everyone else's access to funds.

In this case the commitment for pooled masternodes should be for a certain period of time, can be quarterly, annually, etc. Is like having a  fixed term deposit in a bank. If you go into a 6month masternode pool you cant take out the money until the term expires, that way everyone knows what to expect. If 6 months is too much for you go into one of the 3 months pools, etc.
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:38:49 PM

On a different note! For all you football fans out there World Cup starting right now!  Next World Cup in 2018 we should have a Darkcoin banner in the finals!

Is that like soccer ball?
elviselvis101

Activity: 573

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:39:07 PM

That is very smart  Smiley
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:40:31 PM

Thnx Minotaur

I definitly have to do this!!

But after all does my local pc has to be 24/24 online???

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
acseric

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:43:16 PM

This coin is in position #106 in coinmarketcap.com its still flying under the radar of everybody!

- NO IPO
- NO Pre-Mine
- 2 Million POW Supply

Advise: Get your cheap coins while you can, you have now the chance to still get it cheap!

FYI - This is IconicExpert's new puppet account.   
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 07:43:53 PM

I would not touch it you can burn yourself Wink

- NO IPO
- NO Pre-Mine
- 2 Million POW Supply

You are new and you flood this everywhere?

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: « 1 ... 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: