Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722553 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:02:48 PM

I think Evan is going to be heavy on the PR after RC4. I dont think RC3 should be shouted about at the moment since its more like a public testing.

+1 we should wait for it to be entirely bulletproof
It would be a bad PR move to be public about something still barely tested that could still easily go awry at this point
Payments are working but still not 100% enforced for some pools furthermore

ok i hear you
if RC3 is not 100% bulletproofed and such ….> (we should wait)
but then we should be ready for RC4 and whatever comes after !
in my opinion there has to be a PR team in place for future updates, press releases,
PR concernes, updating to the public (to get more people involved) and to our community.

There was a research here at some point (can not find the page anymore)
where somebody did a research on the community involvement of DRK, and we were way behind Dodge, BTC, LTC,….
(based on numbers from FB, Twitter, google+, bitcointalk,……)

Time to hit the drum and spread the word !
Maybe not today or tomorrow …. but soon !
and for that we need a proper PR team in place !
Populus

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:03:08 PM

I'm using Win 7, 64 bit system. It was working fine at first, however after the problem arose I tried running the darkcoin-qt.exe in compatibility for XP among other attempts on solutions.
There should be no need to compile anything, I downloaded the wallet/qt-client from here and I've tried both the 0.9.11.5 and 0.10.11.5 version.
Both yield the same error message :
"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Ubuntu is incredibly easy, yes, no doubt. However this 'should' work just fine on Windows. Thanks for helping out.

Oh, ok.  Maybe there was an error in the compilation of the latest wallet and you're just the first to notice.  I'm running 10.11.04 on my machine.  I'll download and see if I have issues with the latest Smiley  BRB Smiley

I'm sorry, I'm not having any trouble with the latest.  Maybe, if you haven't already tried it, you can try downloading it again?  Or try the 10.11.05 version (with darksend) 

Thanks.

I simply backed up my wallet.dat, removed the entire Darkcoin folder in %appdata% then started up Darkcoin-qt.exe anew. Voila, it started.
richy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

KryptoBonds, Bonds Industry now in Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:06:16 PM

Where is the press release for RC3? Has the team contacted coindesk to write a new article now that masternode payments are working? Seems like word has not spread. Darkcoin team, please add a PR person.

thats a good point... now that we have the spork-technic... there is not an big event like with hard forks anymore... That is very good from a technical standpoint but not optimal from a PR standpoint... So its thrue a working spork must be acompanied with a pressrelease giving material to the media... There must be big waves in media this is also important for the price e.g. new buyers for DRK The community should find someone willing to make a coordineted PR work... please... My english is to bad i can not do it Sad

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:10:31 PM

There are some awesome developments with the branding.. check it out..

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/branding-discussion.616/page-6
Freakin' nice...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:12:29 PM

ok i hear you
in my opinion there has to be a PR team in place for future updates, press releases,
PR concernes, updating to the public (to get more people involved) and to our community.

where somebody did a research on the community involvement of DRK, and we were way behind Dodge, BTC, LTC,….

I've spoken with Evan about this, and there will be a broader effort going into RC4.  But there is a line between good marketing and the "GET HYPE!!1ZOMG" garbage that runs rampant in the alt coin community - and we won't be crossing it.  Beat the drums when it's the right time to do so, not 24/7.  Now is not quite the right time to do so.
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:14:05 PM

First, first, first ...OK. Would like to know is DarkCoin closed source? If yes is this make it truly anonymous?
Not flaming but really asking : ))

Part of the code is closed-source, yes.

But only for some time. We are now on RC3 version, then RC4... then the developer will get top names to verify the code, and then will release everything open-source.

Darkcoin works right now!

But the full power of Darkcoin is still to come. He is only protecting his baby. RC4 is 2 or 3 weeks away, according to planned roll-out

Thank you for your replay, hope you are right : ))
GaliX

Activity: 504

1NtkLdA98eGnsn8nEKpBGRd2VYGNBkGzd6

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:20:05 PM

Could this be the lift of Finaly?

Trade:   Forex (€/$...) - Stocks(Apple, Google..) - Commodities(Gold, Oil...) and Indices(S&P 500, Dax...)
All with BTCitcoin only -----   https://1broker.com ----- up to 200x Leverage & since 2012 ---
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:22:52 PM

ok i hear you

I've spoken with Evan about this, and there will be a broader effort going into RC4.  But there is a line between good marketing and the "GET HYPE!!1ZOMG" garbage that runs rampant in the alt coin community - and we won't be crossing it.  Beat the drums when it's the right time to do so, not 24/7.  Now is not quite the right time to do so.

I totally hear you
and I am not talking about "garbage hype"
i am talking about good/professional PR and spreading the word !
RC4 it is ….>
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:24:11 PM

ok i hear you

Just when I was going to say to you all... though not very visible, PR is being take care of in a VERY professional manner !!
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:24:55 PM

Check this folks.

This is crazy stuff. How on earth authorities think they've a snowball's hope in hell of enforcing any of this is beyond me....

http://www.duhaimelaw.com/2014/06/22/canada-implements-worlds-first-national-bitcoin-law

That whole thing is pure LOL, but this bit takes the cake: "Bitcoin businesses in Canada, however, that provide services to persons or entities outside of Canada are exempt from Bill C-31 for those external services."

So, a whole load of bullshit to funnel money into lawyers pockets protect Canadians from money laundering, but hey go ahead and operate your international money laundering operation from Totonto, no worries.  Roll Eyes
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:27:04 PM

ok i hear you

Just when I was going to say to you all... though not very visible, PR is being take care of in a VERY professional manner !!

and i totally agree
my concern is the "not very visible" part !
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:28:38 PM

ok i hear you

Taken from the Libertycoin thread:

Anyway, It is not nessesary for me to be here everyday; only in pump and dump coins, devs are on this forum every day. I am old school, months ago, developers were not pumping their coins every day, it wasn't developers job to control de price.

In three lines, the guy has described the recent phenomenon where the altcoin world has taken the news-addiction to a whole new level of everyday news and pumps. Ahahaha I'm old school - we weren't pumping coins all day, ahahah this is the stuff of legends. Our collective ADD and "we need the dev to hold our hand" have spiked to tremendous levels.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:28:40 PM

Check this folks.

This is crazy stuff. How on earth authorities think they've a snowball's hope in hell of enforcing any of this is beyond me....

http://www.duhaimelaw.com/2014/06/22/canada-implements-worlds-first-national-bitcoin-law
That whole thing is pure LOL, but this bit takes the cake: "Bitcoin businesses in Canada, however, that provide services to persons or entities outside of Canada are exempt from Bill C-31 for those external services."

So, a whole load of bullshit to funnel money into lawyers pockets protect Canadians from money laundering, but hey go ahead and operate your international money laundering operation from Totonto, no worries.  Roll Eyes
Canada is always good for the lulz...

I still can't figure out what money laundering has to do with it tho... Who still falls for that line?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:29:39 PM

Got another salary. Can we please have the price decline to 0.016 one last time? Last time, I promise, I need to buy one more load of coins.
coinz3x you knew it will rise but you didn`t expected than Evan will kick the payments instantly Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:30:11 PM

Earn your own DRK coins by mining at the multipool. Not only that, you can earn DRK using your old ASIC hardware on SHA256 and SCRYPT coins!

DarkCoin by xpool - DRK Multipool

PROP reward system
DRK Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 04:31:06 PM

Our collective ADD and "we need the dev to hold our hand" have spiked to tremendous levels.
You got a turd in your pocket named "Our?"

Every seems to need hand-holding lately... Such entitlement...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:35:16 PM

Our collective ADD and "we need the dev to hold our hand" have spiked to tremendous levels.
You got a turd in your pocket named "Our?"

Heh... yeah personally I don't feel the need for hand-holding and the rush for having news all the time. It's like a plural of kindness - we are in this problem together, kind of.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:38:59 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 04:50:14 PM by thelonecrouton

There are some awesome developments with the branding.. check it out..

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/branding-discussion.616/page-6

Current Darkcoin developers, holders and supporters: talent, brains, and balls.  Grin  

Prognosis: shiny.

edit: Masternode payments rolling in nicely now... Smiley

bitcoinsid

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:43:13 PM

True story...
i used my 7970 to mine btc this time last year, i got around 2btc in the first month and they worth around $40 each. i got my elec bill which was alot higher than usual and then because of summertime i couldnt mine in the heat so i decided mining was not for me. Around 4months later btc went to the moon as they say and i was sad that i gave up mining. Then in feb 2014 ,i decided to get back into mining, i seen ltc but diff was too high, doge jus seemed like a joke but then i seen a coin called drk, new x11 algo, i researched it and came here ( yes i have read almost every page here ,lol) i began mining on my cpu and surprisingly got 1 coin,lol i was pleased and even better the pc remained cool, so i went onto most of the exchange trollboxes ( i really went happy crazy on mcxnow, telllin everyone about x11, anon stuff didnt even exist then) i moved onto gpu drk mining and got around 14 drk per day for first week. Then the elec bill came , i was surprised it only went up a tiny bit so i stayed with the drk side. i remember in this forum pages of discussion about the logo,lol but then evan did something i hadnt seen a dev do before, he let the community change the logo, website and asked us all ideas on how drk can get better, then things got really interesting , new features that were just being considered were actually being created and were really working. i have no fear of trolls , i even know who some of them are and the truth is they all sad because they missed out. i get a few drk per week now and people say it isnt worth mining, i disagree because this time last year if i was getting a few btc per week id be very rich right now,( i think btc took around 3years to reach the value of current drk) drk will be worth alot this nov/dec and i dont mine drk for its anon features (which are totally awesome), it mine because of x11,evans vision and the extremly smart community.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:52:13 PM

What forms THE basis for regulation and taxation in the state-based view of things ?

************ counterparties ***************

They underwrite the concept of "ownership" - i.e. the association between an individual and a fixed or liquid asset.

For example, an employee pays money into your bank account. The bank account has your name on it, otherwise you can't access your money. At the same time, it also exposes you to a basis for regulation and taxation. The employer and bank are the counterparties which "define" your ownership of the asset.

Cryptocurrencies have NO COUNTERPARTY underwriting an individual's association with a particular block chain address, therefore no "ownership", therefore no basis for taxation or regulation.

The fact that you happen to "control" a particular block chain address is imaterial. To call that "ownership", the law would have to completely redefine the concept to cover block chain transactions and for that definition to have any practical meaning would require 2 things:

- a counterparty in the transaction
 - a unique association between block chain addresses and legal entities (individuals / corporations)

Unfortunately, neither of these two will ever be available. This is how clueless the people are who draft regulations. The Bitcoin address space is **infinite**. Anyone can create a new unique address out of thin air and hand the private key to anyone else, or a group. There is no counterpary involved.

Regulators can only think "centralised" and "counterparty". If those two aren't there they're lost. They will never "get it" because they are obsessed with the "take me to your leader" groupthink mentality of the last 2000 years.

The evolution of anonymous block chains like DRK is the final nail in the coffin for regulators because not only do you not have a counterparty to facilitate regulation, you don't even have an asset to regulate.

No asset. No ownership. No counterparties. No nada.

Goodbye centralised financial state-sponsored cabals run by psychopathic control-freak tyrants.
Pages: « 1 ... 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: