Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:02:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:43:49 PM

new IP address for test P2P Pool : http://54.213.244.5:18998/static/
test pool working now.

-- connection string: sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://54.213.244.5:18998 -u mt2ScQSwpsohN8KC9CuFGCuCuvyJkCY8iEn1K5Y5JGe5svtfmrJ6J9McsZPJdWXPvuRq -p 1

bump

No need to use that address. You can generate your own testnet address and collect the tDRKs for yourself Wink

bump

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:49:54 PM

I've missed being around recently

c

Had to switch off to deliver a pretty big project

c

But that should finish this week, with a float for next week

m

So, I'm looking forward to spending more time helping out

f

And getting my nodes up and running
pbremen01

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:58:56 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 12:09:15 AM by pbremen01

One technical question about DarkSend.

Let's say that I have 110 DRK in one address and I want to pay 30 DRK to another user using DarkSend.

DarkSend does something called "denomination". What does this mean? That it will send first 100 DRK to another address and then include these 100 DRK in DarkSend pool from this address?

Is this just this one transaction (in this example) or maybe denomination does also something else so that the original address (with 110 DRK at the beginning) is somehow obfuscated?

Thanks.

bitcoinsid

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:15:53 AM

please stop feedin the troll , i think hes a sleep now so last 2 pages have been quiet. this forum is full of smart people , id rather listen to them than have 5pages of the same boring fud over n over. its obvious he wants cheap drk thats why he wasting so much time on this forum. 
Time to help on testnet, 4mhs, on the way  Cool
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:17:03 AM

Let's say that I have 110 DRK in one address and I want to pay 30 DRK to another user using DarkSend.

DarkSend does something called "denomination". What does this mean? That it will send first 100 DRK to another address and then include these 100 DRK in DarkSend pool from this address?

Is this just this one transaction (in this example) or maybe denomination does also something else so that the original address (with 110 DRK at the beginning) is somehow obfuscated?

Thanks.

Recap of How DarkSend Works

DarkSend functions in a way that is very similar to a tumbler, which is an idea that has been around for quite a while, but with a few specifications that increase the effectiveness.  It has went through multiple changes and updates, but the most recent release, release candidate 2 (RC2), is nearing complete anonymity.

When a user, let’s call him Tim, sends darkcoins through DarkSend to another user, let’s call her Sandy, he must send 10 darkcoins, even if that amount is larger than what he would like to pay her.  DarkSend then puts his coins in a pool, and pauses until two additional users initiate transactions.  These new users will add their own 10 darkcoins to the pool, and DarkSend blends the 30 coins into a random assortment.  If we assume that Tim wanted to send Sandy 8 darkcoins, then at this point 8 darkcoins would be deposited into Sandy’s wallet, but those 8 coins would be a mix of coins from all 3 users that had initiated transactions.  Tim’s remaining 2 coins are placed into a Random Pool Address (RPA) which was created during the transaction.  This RPA is not tied to any user, thus it is impossible to connect to a specific user, but Tim can access it.

This process is happening for the other 2 users that  sent 10 darkcoins through DarkSend as well, so at the end, it is impossible to determine which transaction was related to a specific user.  To an outside observer, 3 users put 30 darkcoins in, and 3 – 6 addresses receive coins out (3 if each user intended to send a full 10 darkcoins, up to 6 if each user intended to send less than 10 darkcoins).

Source : http://coinbrief.net/darkcoin-darksend-bitcoin/

Some additional (more recent) informations :

[...]

Thanks for the questions. It does seem like you're missing something. Although, it might not be your fault. The whitepaper is definitely out of date. We've done a lot of work at tweaking the trust model so that it can't be exploited. I'll try to explain how it works briefly, then hopefully if I get time I can revisit the whitepaper soon.

- Masternodes don't have any power over the transactions. They just coordinate the signing. All parties must sign in order for the transaction to be valid. So there's no way to cheat and take the money.
- Users submit collateral. At a later phase if a user doesn't provide the signature as agreed, the transaction will fail. Without colateral this could be done over and over bringing the system to a halt.
- Masternodes have the ability to take the collateral transaction if they wish, but it's paid to the bounty fund. So it doesn't benefit them, it just benefits the community. This removed the incentive to cheat and take the money.

There's no relying on pools at all anymore. Payments to masternodes are done with a voting system embedded into the blockchain. It would take 51% of the mining power to pay the wrong masternode, or another party (because the last few miners to solve blocks must agree on who should be paid)

Transaction currently require 3 parties to be created, so there's a short wait. There are no fake transactions to make that quicker, although this could be done. There's usually 5 or so transaction per 2.5 minutes, so the network should be able to function pretty efficiently under these requirements.

Hoping that helps . Thanks,

Evan
pbremen01

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:34:13 AM

Thanks.

DarkSend functions in a way that is very similar to a tumbler, which is an idea that has been around for quite a while, but with a few specifications that increase the effectiveness.  It has went through multiple changes and updates, but the most recent release, release candidate 2 (RC2), is nearing complete anonymity.

When a user, let’s call him Tim, sends darkcoins through DarkSend to another user, let’s call her Sandy, he must send 10 darkcoins, even if that amount is larger than what he would like to pay her.  DarkSend then puts his coins in a pool, and pauses until two additional users initiate transactions.  These new users will add their own 10 darkcoins to the pool, and DarkSend blends the 30 coins into a random assortment.  If we assume that Tim wanted to send Sandy 8 darkcoins, then at this point 8 darkcoins would be deposited into Sandy’s wallet, but those 8 coins would be a mix of coins from all 3 users that had initiated transactions.  Tim’s remaining 2 coins are placed into a Random Pool Address (RPA) which was created during the transaction.  This RPA is not tied to any user, thus it is impossible to connect to a specific user, but Tim can access it.

This process is happening for the other 2 users that  sent 10 darkcoins through DarkSend as well, so at the end, it is impossible to determine which transaction was related to a specific user.  To an outside observer, 3 users put 30 darkcoins in, and 3 – 6 addresses receive coins out (3 if each user intended to send a full 10 darkcoins, up to 6 if each user intended to send less than 10 darkcoins).

[...]

Thanks for the questions. It does seem like you're missing something. Although, it might not be your fault. The whitepaper is definitely out of date. We've done a lot of work at tweaking the trust model so that it can't be exploited. I'll try to explain how it works briefly, then hopefully if I get time I can revisit the whitepaper soon.

- Masternodes don't have any power over the transactions. They just coordinate the signing. All parties must sign in order for the transaction to be valid. So there's no way to cheat and take the money.
- Users submit collateral. At a later phase if a user doesn't provide the signature as agreed, the transaction will fail. Without colateral this could be done over and over bringing the system to a halt.
- Masternodes have the ability to take the collateral transaction if they wish, but it's paid to the bounty fund. So it doesn't benefit them, it just benefits the community. This removed the incentive to cheat and take the money.

There's no relying on pools at all anymore. Payments to masternodes are done with a voting system embedded into the blockchain. It would take 51% of the mining power to pay the wrong masternode, or another party (because the last few miners to solve blocks must agree on who should be paid)

Transaction currently require 3 parties to be created, so there's a short wait. There are no fake transactions to make that quicker, although this could be done. There's usually 5 or so transaction per 2.5 minutes, so the network should be able to function pretty efficiently under these requirements.

Evan

Ok, thanks, but I don't see any "denomination" happening in these examples?
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

Thanks.

[...]

Evan

The amount sent, depending on its value, go thru a pool of 10, 100, 1000 etc. DRK.
pbremen01

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:50:49 AM

Thanks.

[...]

Evan

The amount sent, depending on its value, go thru a pool of 10, 100, 1000 etc. DRK.

Yes, I understand this. But if I have for example 110 DRK in my wallet (one address) will the "denomination" create transaction that will send 100 DRK to new address and then this new address will go thru the pool?
GambitBTC

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:53:59 AM

I'm very interested in learning more aboot darksend

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:03:12 AM

what IRC server is the #darkcoin channel on?

Freenode
thunderdrum

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:36:37 AM

current test pool hashrates :

Pool 1 : Mpos + Stratum: http://ec2-54-198-19-83.compute-1.amazonaws.com
Pool hashrate 47,7 MH

Pool 2 : P2Pool: http://54.213.244.5:18998/static/
Pool hashrate : 8.96 MH

Pool 3 : NOMP: http://54.183.73.24/
Pool hashrate : 6.55 MH

lets get more hashpower to these test pools

qwizzie

Just read here. Another 5MH frome China will be showed on the testnet when i get home. Grin

This is the best project in crypto----DarkCoin. Time will tell and don't blame you miss it.
FAQ
shfc

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:27:33 AM

dark will be good in the future.
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:54:38 AM

Thanks.

[...]

Evan

It's worth mentioning that Evan decided to scrap denominated pools because of various issues (needing more coins than you want to send, "dirty" addresses that result from the splitting off of a denominated amount, etc).  The plan is to allow inputs of any size into a single pool (with a minimum resolution of .1 DRK), the change addresses will be denominated and sent back to several different addresses.  Denominated change addresses will come in RC4, pool size change will happen in either RC4 or maybe later, not sure.
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:58:14 AM

Yes, I understand this. But if I have for example 110 DRK in my wallet (one address) will the "denomination" create transaction that will send 100 DRK to new address and then this new address will go thru the pool?

Currently if you want to send say 15 coins for example - 10 coins will go to an address you own, 100 coins will enter the pool, 85 of those coins will come back as change.

Eventually Darksend will work slightly differently, the entire 115 coins enter the pool, you will receive 100 coins back as change at many different addresses in various denominations.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:36:01 AM

See the inputs of 10:

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/tx/56b3b95b76995d3e4d3107cf753c8496493010f625fc04d971e9262d74e6a5a5

pbremen01

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:47:17 AM

Currently if you want to send say 15 coins for example - 10 coins will go to an address you own, 100 coins will enter the pool, 85 of those coins will come back as change.

Eventually Darksend will work slightly differently, the entire 115 coins enter the pool, you will receive 100 coins back as change at many different addresses in various denominations.

Thank you. Can the community post updated whitepaper and graphics on the first page of this thread? According to your answer it is obsolete and people may make wrong conclusions about DarkSend.

Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 06:49:54 AM

Thanks. Good explanation.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
mawa73

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:10:02 AM

How old do I have to be so I have to generate the money back?  Roll Eyes

How many Darkcoins can you mine approximate per day with this rig ( 4 x R9 270 )? I belive not enough and dont forget the costs of electricity!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 07:12:31 AM

I could sell as well, but shipping for me would be too expensive.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sin242

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:04:12 AM

How old do I have to be so I have to generate the money back?  Roll Eyes

How many Darkcoins can you mine approximate per day with this rig ( 4 x R9 270 )? I belive not enough and dont forget the costs of electricity!

I dont run 270s myself but the newest sgminers seem to pull ~2.1mh  (YMMV) so @8.4mh you'd pull in approx 0.20291872 drk per
day at the current diff (4163.71557343).

So using those number (which will change constantly but to give you an idea) would set you @ 985.61 days to make the 200 dark back.

Dark:  Xk9BoVerBd41JCjWQEhnxoowP7YNUK439z
BTC:  1JzPN2h8WGSi7kQeY5wuP4PjVD2hxkHJQM
Pages: « 1 ... 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 [1934] 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: