Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:49:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:15:20 PM

I just got the black screen again while in the new wallet... shut it down right away and didn't get the disk message... anyone have an idea whats going on? Thanks

Hi, have you tried asking for help at Darkcoin Support?

Thanks for the advice, I'm running a full diagnostic right now and virus scan, I'll head right over to Darkcoin Support if I can't solve the problem. Cheers

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 04:20:55 PM

How much do I have to donate to guarantee a new hot babe DRK animated .gif "meme" every day for a year? Yes, I mean a lot of NSFW ones... :-p
(I will not show nudity though... don't want to get banned, but I guarantee that your mouth will drop...)...
Nothing vulgar, but I do like me some bewbs and solid booties...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 04:23:47 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 04:35:14 PM by camosoul

It takes 4 hours to setup a MN by an expert?

First, if you check my sig, one of the first things I say is I am not an expert.

Second, I take care of the "dirty" side of it, the VPS setup - quick and efficiently

Third, I 'm on IRC (or whatever) making sure the Masternode owner, who has no linux skills at all, understand every single step of the way of the local setup and configs (so I dont Teamviewer or something), which I think is crucial to protect the investment, setting up local.cold / remote setup.

And I do it in a manner that makes double sure neither side is able to scam the other. This includes setting up EC2 account from scratch, and local setup.

And it costs 1% of the total investment.

Does this offend you?
+1 I learned a lot
Only to the thing with the 4 hours bashing. I am absolutly noob with linux and servers, but with the very good guides from community on darkcointalk and here i got it running. Educate yourself.
Its possible to work it out - for all of us
I understand your position and you make valid arguments
It was not against your decision to buy support. I also was thinking about it.
It was for all the people who argue here that you have to be a nerd to join darkcoin.
Extremism... Having at least a basic clue how to computer is nowhere near "have to be a nerd." Just another diffraction of the entitlement mindset... Fortunately, people like this can't vote to hire the government to steal my DRKs at gunpoint and give them to themselves like they can with guvpaper.

If someone wants to drive an MN, I expect them to know what a steering wheel is and how to use it. Are racecar drivers "racing nerds?" Anyone who uses derisive terms to describe their betters is admitting to being a lesser while willfully failing to step up to that level themselves.

If every fuckin' moron under then sun drives their MNs off a cliff, not only will they come trolling here about how fail MNs are when it is really their own failing, but it'll make the MN network flake. That's what the 1000DRK Stake is meant to encourage: not being a moron with 1000DRK. Now that it's a cold wallet, people don't feel too bad about the risk anymore, thus, they're not trying to do it right anymore... The only negative outcome doesn't affect them anymore. No more motivation to do the MN job right. This means we could have abundant failing MNs gunking up the network... This is part of why RC3 has been so hard to launch... The only negative outcome is that you won't get paid. And still people complain about that, too...

At some point a line has to be drawn and people need to be told: "Sorry, you're a fuckin' moron and we're not going to dumb it down for you any further. Anyone can figure this out if you jsut turn on your brain for an hour or two instead of being a whiny, entitled bitch calling people names for doing what you are too fucking lazy to do."

Morons shouldn't be in charge of the MN service. Period. Even morons don't want other morons in charge of MNs because it will affect the value of their holdings if MNs are crappy/flaky/constantly hacked/breaking/etc...

Jumping to the extreme of saying "nerds only" is absurd and false.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:35:02 PM

Actually he has already given it out, but you have to assemble it from the past posts:

I think I have a better solution than that, I want to turn the masternodes into I2P relays for darkcoin. So your client will pick one when you start, then relay any messages through that one. It encrypts all of the traffic, removes the connection between IP and address and it the blockchain is still a complete fog. Plus it'll be a private I2P, so it'll be super fast. Masternodes are going to be awesome  Grin

Well, it looks like the market has priced in working masternode payments and price may drift until new information is released by the dev team.

Traders are probably waiting to see what anon development will come next out of darkcoin. We haven't heard too much about that yet but one could infer from Evan's comment above (thanks coinz3) that we will be getting darknet - end to end transaction encryption with masternodes providing i2p routing.

What a beautiful thing these masternodes are. Currently performing coin tumbling, they also provide the platform for future developments such as i2p and block chain storage. And who knows what else this amazing dev team will come up with?!?

Darkcoin = Darksend + Darknet + Masternodes + X11 + more to come!

Gonna have to be patient with the price for a while until more information is disseminated to the community...

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 04:37:12 PM

Actually he has already given it out, but you have to assemble it from the past posts:

I think I have a better solution than that, I want to turn the masternodes into I2P relays for darkcoin. So your client will pick one when you start, then relay any messages through that one. It encrypts all of the traffic, removes the connection between IP and address and it the blockchain is still a complete fog. Plus it'll be a private I2P, so it'll be super fast. Masternodes are going to be awesome  Grin
Well, it looks like the market has priced in working masternode payments and price may drift until new information is released by the dev team.

Traders are probably waiting to see what anon development will come next out of darkcoin. We haven't heard too much about that yet but one could infer from Evan's comment above (thanks coinz3) that we will be getting darknet - end to end transaction encryption with masternodes providing i2p routing.

What a beautiful thing these masternodes are. Currently performing coin tumbling, they also provide the platform for future developments such as i2p and block chain storage. And who knows what else this amazing dev team will come up with?!?

Darkcoin = Darksend + Darknet + Masternodes + X11 + more to come!

Gonna have to be patient with the price for a while until more information is disseminated to the community...
Information already relayed. Shitcoiners just don't pay attention, and, like it or not, shitcoiners are the primary price driver right now. There is no logic to what they do.

DRK and it's dev are not about pumping promises to jack up the price. They do work. Other coins and their devs can afford to spend time hyping becasue they don't do any actual work, they just copypasta Evan. Which is why he isn't open-sourcing it yet.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:38:54 PM

First, if you check my sig, one of the first things I say is I am not an expert.

Second, I take care of the "dirty" side of it, the VPS setup - quick and efficiently

Third, I 'm on IRC (or whatever) making sure the Masternode owner, who has no linux skills at all, understand every single step of the way of the local setup and configs (so I dont Teamviewer or something), which I think is crucial to protect the investment, setting up local.cold / remote setup.

And I do it in a manner that makes double sure neither side is able to scam the other. This includes setting up EC2 account from scratch, and local setup.

Does this offend you?
+1 I learned a lot
Only to the thing with the 4 hours bashing. I am absolutly noob with linux and servers, but with the very good guides from community on darkcointalk and here i got it running. Educate yourself.
It was for all the people who argue here that you have to be a nerd to join darkcoin.
Extremism... Having at least a basic clue how to computer is nowhere near "have to be a nerd." Just another diffraction of the entitlement mindset... Fortunately, people like this can't vote to hire the government to steal my DRKs at gunpoint and give them to themselves like they can with guvpaper.

If someone wants to drive an MN, I expect them to know what a steering while is and how to use it. Are racecar drivers "racing nerds?" Anyone who uses derisive terms to describe their betters is admitting to being a lesser.

Hey look all... I'm not liking where this is going, seriously

I've been quite open about this. If you actually do click on my sig, I almost invite everyone to do it yourself, instead of hiring my services!!

What I'm trying to do, for a mere 1% of the cost of a masternode, is to cut corners and get things going quick! I started on testnet 2 months ago, and it was my first adventure into linux. But I have been at it, daily, 8 to 10 hours a day, no joke! Saturdays and sundays included. Because I do believe this coin will be a life changer for me!! So I took it on quite seriously!

I know the ins and out of the Masternode network, intimately.

I am a super-duper-geek. Dont get me wrong. I am not a professional, but extremely well versed in computers. Who here can say they typed their first keyboard on an ZX Spectrum 48k, learnt BASIC and cracked a school Acorn Archimedes? (before my first pubes)

This is no fake ad. I've been doing this for free for a LONG time, just can't seem to say no to anyone. Unfortunately, I must commit.

Setting up a node is absolutely not rocket science. Anyone can do it.
Just like making a pizza. Its just water, flower, tomatoe, cheese and an oven. Not promising the world to anyone.

Dont like, dont buy!

This is intended for people who want to learn VERY quick with a great teacher, and get their MN up and running NOW.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:39:57 PM

I think it was mentioned, in the discussion between evan/anonymint that by darksending it multiple times through a number of nodes it reduces the bad-actor probabilities to a statistically safe degree to solve the issue that the darksend node knows who sends what.

I think I have a better solution than that, I want to turn the masternodes into I2P relays for darkcoin. So your client will pick one when you start, then relay any messages through that one. It encrypts all of the traffic, removes the connection between IP and address and it the blockchain is still a complete fog. Plus it'll be a private I2P, so it'll be super fast. Masternodes are going to be awesome  Grin

Oh yeah, very nice!
The masternodes could also be made to host distributed currency exchange for DRK and other web platforms.... ??
if so this is awsome..
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:45:12 PM

I have found this.

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries

Ya binaries repo.
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:46:53 PM

Clones think Masternode is a weakness... Cheesy
They can't see behind Anonimity
They still haven't figured out the proof of service and how valuable they are with infinite opportunity to set up new services...

In less than 2 months, we will have a ton of clones with (Replace)nodes again, after they figured out they deceived themselves.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 04:47:07 PM

Does this offend you?
+1 I learned a lot

If someone wants to drive an MN, I expect them to know what a steering while is and how to use it. Are racecar drivers "racing nerds?" Anyone who uses derisive terms to describe their betters is admitting to being a lesser.
I am a super-duper-geek. Dont get me wrong. I am not a professional, but extremely well versed in computers. Who here can say they typed their first keyboard on an ZX Spectrum 48k, learnt BASIC and cracked a school Acorn Archimedes? (before my first pubes)
My very first computer was based on a 4-bit processor extracted from the very first experiments in making a digital tracking system for the sidewinder missile. They were entirely analog before then, using a dome-shaped onyx crystal filter lens that could only be grown in space; the only reason the shuttle program existed. Then a TRaSh80 Model 2 w/ analog tape recorder as a storage device. There were no floppies. Writing polymorphic virii directly in assembly by 9yrs old...

Point being, you don't need that kind of skill to set up a masternode. It's really not that hard. This e-peen is entirely unnecessary. But having it gives a person perspective. Most "computer nerds" just know enough to run a snow job on those who are utterly clueless. The beige-box industry of the late 1990s and early 2Ks is a great example of the scam artists that proliferate by knowing just barely enough... Someone who knows just barely enough is NOT the person you want setting up a masternode.

I'd like to sample the people offering the service tho. So far I see only one I'd trust and am trying to work something out with him to give feedback to the community. It's such an easy thing to make work, but making it work PROPERLY and SECURELY is a whole different ball of wax...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:47:12 PM

I have found this.

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries

Ya binaries repo.

I was about to post this Smiley Seems like you and I troll github all the time haha

Probably pushed by DRKLord.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:53:00 PM

Point being, you don't need that kind of skill to set up a masternode. It's really not that hard.

It really isn't. I can't even write simple code. I've never used Linux. I have a master's in history but never took a comp sci class. I would definitely not consider myself a tech geek.

I HAVE been building my own PCs for the last 15 years. I DO know how to crypto mine. I DO know how to build and configure a mining rig. I DO have a working (albeit non-technical) knowledge of cryptocurrency.

I'm what I would consider "reasonably proficient" but certainly no computer nerd. And I set up an MN, following guides, in a couple of hours. It's really not that hard. Seriously.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:53:14 PM

<@evan82> luigi1111w, not really, back to RC4 for me Smiley
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

Does this offend you?
+1 I learned a lot

Hey look all... I'm not liking where this is going, seriously

I've been quite open about this. If you actually do click on my sig, I almost invite everyone to do it yourself, instead of hiring my services!!

What I'm trying to do, for a mere 1% of the cost of a masternode, is to cut corners and get things going quick! I started on testnet 2 months ago, and it was my first adventure into linux. But I have been at it, daily, 8 to 10 hours a day, no joke! Saturdays and sundays included. Because I do believe this coin will be a life changer for me!! So I took it on quite seriously!

I know the ins and out of the Masternode network, intimately.

This is no fake ad. I've been doing this for free for a LONG time, just can't seem to say no to anyone. Unfortunately, I must commit.

Setting up a node is absolutely not rocket science. Anyone can do it.
Just like making a pizza. Its just water, flower, tomatoe, cheese and an oven. Not promising the world to anyone.

Dont like, dont buy!

This is intended for people who want to learn VERY quick with a great teacher, and get their MN up and running NOW.

Hi GhostPlayer, I would be interested in possibly setting up my first masternode with you. I am waiting for a friend who is very busy who is supposed to help me but I might just stick to the DRK community for help. 1% seems more than fair to me, maybe message me how we would proceed, thank you my friend. We could start with my charity node so that would be up and running, I'm just in the process of getting feedback from Evan on the name and future path so I should be ready very soon  Smiley

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 04:54:57 PM

Point being, you don't need that kind of skill to set up a masternode. It's really not that hard.
It really isn't. I can't even write simple code. I've never used Linux. I have a master's in history but never took a comp sci class. I would definitely not consider myself a tech geek.

I HAVE been building my own PCs for the last 15 years. I DO know how to crypto mine. I DO know how to build and configure a mining rig. I DO have a working (albeit non-technical) knowledge of cryptocurrency.

I'm what I would consider "reasonably proficient" but certainly no computer nerd. And I set up an MN, following guides, in a couple of hours. It's really not that hard. Seriously.
I'm not trying to deride those who offer services of setting up MNs.

I'm trying to separate the seed from the chaff... It's a thing I disagree with. But, I know there is a vacuum generated by the lazy and stupid who would rather just buy a node. It's my desire to see the shitty ones exposed and the good ones promoted; for the good of the coin.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
scam_exposer

Activity: 252

Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:59:50 PM

I'm not trying to deride those who offer services of setting up MNs.

I'm trying to separate the seed from the chaff... It's a thing I disagree with. But, I know there is a vacuum generated by the lazy and stupid who would rather just buy a node. It's my desire to see the shitty ones exposed and the good ones promoted; for the good of the coin.

Go look in a mirror.

You are nothing.  Nobody cares how much DRK you have.  You're obviously a socially challenged fool that has to deride other people in order to make yourself feel better.  Your low self esteem is blatantly obvious.  In effect, you are nothing more than a jerk.  

Have fun running your masternodes in your basement while the rest of us are out in the sun enjoying our lives.

Loser.

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all ICO's are SCAMS
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:00:19 PM

I would like to see a concrete re-statement about the what RC3 actually includes, and what is intended for RC4. As RC3 was floundering several flip-flop statements on feature-set were made. Which is entirely understandable as one would want to reduce parts count when there are problems, maybe cut back on ambition to deal with the problem. But now that we've got the Spork, what actually happened in RC3? What is it really made of, for sure and certain? Did multi-entry make it into the binary or not? I can google up official statements saying yes and saying no... What is still on the map for RC4 now?

I think part of the price uncertainty right now is that we've got RC3, but nobody is really sure what's in it... We've got it! What is it?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:04:33 PM

scam_exposer
Trust: -4: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

Unignore
Clearly, you're a pillar of the community... No one in the DRK thread should be forced to read your screed. You're trash even among trash.
I suck my own dick 4 times a day and can't figure out why even my own mother hates me.
Go fuck yourself. You're not just a troll, you're a bald-faced liar.

You're damn right I'm socially challenged! Society is comprised of dumbasses, hatemongers, and degenerates. It is, by definition, the lowest of the low. I want nothing to do with it. Mock me from your cesspool, it only shows where we both really stand, fucktarded waste of flesh.

Make the world a better place by removing yourself from it; kill yourself immediately.

I've never seen a house with a basement in Florida... Sunshine State, you know... People like you are what make me not want to talk to people in general. Absolute trash. You don't deserve to live and I'd kill you out of a sense of duty to better the species if I could. Please, I mean it from the bottom of my heart; kill yourself NOW. We all deserve to live in a better world, a world without YOU.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 05:10:21 PM

I would like to see a concrete re-statement about the what RC3 actually includes, and what is intended for RC4. As RC3 was floundering several flip-flop statements on feature-set were made. Which is entirely understandable as one would want to reduce parts count when there are problems, maybe cut back on ambition to deal with the problem. But now that we've got the Spork, what actually happened in RC3? What is it really made of, for sure and certain? Did multi-entry make it into the binary or not? I can google up official statements saying yes and saying no... What is still on the map for RC4 now?

I think part of the price uncertainty right now is that we've got RC3, but nobody is really sure what's in it... We've got it! What is it?

I'll see if I can get a hold of Evan for clarification.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 05:21:42 PM

We're all nerds in this forum.  Grin

Ordinary people are... Different.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Pages: « 1 ... 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 [1995] 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: