Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:35:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 [2151] 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722711 times)
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:39:33 PM

Talk about timing, LOL, just sat down and refreshed my browser and saw this Cheesy

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-7th.1735/

Thanks Evan!

+101

Very elegant. Master node passes denominated coins to one or more master nodes in series.

Thats Kick-ass.

Masternode passes denominated coins back to client on random addresses,  client passes them from random addresses to a 2nd Masternode.

bump

@eltito
Getting these flowcharts in the first post along with Evan's explanation (and maybe some clarification on the issues raised such as change, avoiding masternodes owned by the same entity,etc.) and well as a title update mentioning Darksend+ would be nice.  Not asking for too much, am I?  Cheesy
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:41:50 PM

Quote from: luigi1111
But back to the sub-1 change issue. Let's say we need to send 17.54321 DRK from A to B (we can ignore other senders/receivers):

A sends 20 DRK to MN1; he get's change back as follows:
C gets 10 DRK
D gets 5 DRK
E gets 1 DRK
F gets 1 DRK
G gets 1 DRK
H gets 1 DRK
I gets 0.54321 DRK
J gets 0.45679 DRK

I think it's obvious that this will work the same way with 0.5, 0.2, 0.1, 0.05 ... and smaller inputs.

True, but it does get rather awkward as far as size and # of addresses are concerned. Does bloat become an issue? How deep into the denomination tree does it become an issue? You also can't go too small or TX fees can become a problem.

Anonymity/privacy in crypto ALWAYS (so far at least) has caveats.
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:43:03 PM

Has anybody also had a problem with vultr server. Mine was shut down again and i don't know why.
Server was running but darkoind was shut down. It looks like server gets started new but darcoind
is not into startup routine.

Look into Crontab.

Mine all good been up 9 days now no problems

+1
The standard Ubuntu images definitely don't reboot on their own.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:50:11 PM

Has anybody also had a problem with vultr server. Mine was shut down again and i don't know why.
Server was running but darkoind was shut down. It looks like server gets started new but darcoind

Look into Crontab.
Do you think there could be a entry that reboots the server ?

That would be a pretty unreliable host company if they manually added an entry to reboot your server without your knowledge.

You can check with crontab -l for your current user or crontab -u (username) -l.

My suggestion is to add the darkcoind daemon to your cron jobs in the event that the server is restarted nonetheless.

Code:
 Crontab -e
@reboot /pathToDaemon/darkcoind
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:50:29 PM

Look into Crontab.

Mine all good been up 9 days now no problems

+1
The standard Ubuntu images definitely don't reboot on their own.
I had a look, there is no automatic reboot into crontab
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:59:48 PM

Look into Crontab.
Do you think there could be a entry that reboots the server ?

That would be a pretty unreliable host company if they manually added an entry to reboot your server without your knowledge.

You can check with crontab -l for your current user or crontab -u (username) -l.

My suggestion is to add the darkcoind daemon to your cron jobs in the event that the server is restarted nonetheless.

Code:
 Crontab -e
Thanks, that looks good
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:03:39 PM

Code:
 Crontab -e
Thanks, that looks good

You can add

Code:
@reboot echo "OMG D:" | mail -s "Holy crap! Reboot!" your@ema.il

to always know when the OS has rebooted. Postman has to be working for that, but on most VPSs I've seen it worked out of the box.
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:10:20 PM

yes, maybe you are right. nevertheless it will be very interesting to see if and how GOVs are going to react against annon-cryptos.

but as i see it thats a long way down the road and masternodes could very well be hosted not at amazon etc but some safer place.

Do you think any other than the US gov will react? Tongue

Money laundring is easy and is already done.. are we going to forbid online poker aswell?

it's not how it works or is going to work
blajde

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:12:11 PM

this is the best update i've seen yet. very exciting!
is it safe to say that darksend+ is better than ring signature level anon and without all the bloat?
and the question everyones asking is how much extra bloat will this cause if hardly any? 90% less than cryptonote coins?

Not yet, but it will be. There still exists a chance that a bad actor could own 2 nodes that were both selected at the same time and could see where the transactions go. With IP obfuscation this won't be an issue because you can just use multiple Darksend rounds if you are really paranoid. Also, currently there is no point in using multiple rounds of Darksend because the chance always exists that 2 nodes will be owned by the same bad actor on the last Darksend. With IP obfuscation the link will be broken entirely on previous Darksends, making piecing together the current transaction impossible.

thanks, good post
SoapMaker

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:13:56 PM

--------------------
For anyone looking for help to set up a Masternode.
--------------------

I recently contacted Ghost Player / Yidakee. He helped me set up my MN.
I found him to be very professional, very knowledgable & a great guy !
He's a credit to this community.
Everything went very smoothly, he helped me understand the finer details of what was being done.  

I recommend him for anyone who just wants to get it done smoothly.
He's very well respected & trusted in this community.
I have lots of Linux experience but most of the coins are not my own, so I wanted to be sure the set up was done error free & securely.

Thanks once again Ghost Player !

I'm very happy to join the MN network. & I'm loving the latest update.
Great work everyone.

The future looks bright for dark Smiley

This corporate empire of three city states controls the world economically through London’s inner city, militarily through the District of Columbia, and spiritually through the Vatican
                 http://youtu.be/C1pkJaNbzLU              https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-launch.2033/                      http://conspiracycoin.org/                          
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:15:46 PM

I have not had any trouble with them. I set up alerts as El Presidenté suggested, and they have only showed down once (been up since payments started). I went and looked right away when the alerts showed down, but they were all up, so even that must have been a glitch.

I also had that. I believe it was because the alerts check if your masternode is seen by all Presidente's masternodes (keyword = MNaddress:6). If he stops any of them for whatever reason, the page where the robot checks shows MNaddress:5 (or less) and you get an alert. No big deal if he doesn't play with them a lot Smiley
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 03:19:17 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 03:37:08 PM by georgem

Privacy is not illegal!
yes, but money laundering is and thats basically what a masternode does.

Money laundering is such a bullshit term... much like "terrorism"... or "thoughcrime"...
It is very dangerous that we let the government decide what "clean money" is, and what "dirty money" is,
because ofcourse money doesn't stink. Money is just numbers.
Government wants to control everything we do, and wants to restrict our possibilities of what we are allowed to do. Therefor they invent bullshit terms like money laundering.

Jon Matonis from bitpay said it best in this article:

Money Laundering is financial thoughtcrime.

http://www.americanbanker.com/bankthink/money-laundering-is-financial-thoughtcrime-1058902-1.html

Thoughtcrime... you are not allowed to think stuff.
Political correctness... you are not allowed to say stuff.
Money laundering.... you are not allowed to use your money the way you like.

Wake up people, what happened to "protection from confiscation" against corrupt governments?
This was a notion that has always been important since the dawn of history. It is never illegal to secure yourself against the people who want to damage you.
It doesn't matter if those people have funny costumes and badges and call themselves government. That's just theater to make you think they have somekind of "god given" authority over you.

loyer

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:35:25 PM

--------------------
--------------------

Everything went very smoothly, he helped me understand the finer details of what was being done.  

I have lots of Linux experience but most of the coins are not my own, so I wanted to be sure the set up was done error free & securely.

Great work everyone.

good suggestion, thanks
FappyMakeMeHappy

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:42:17 PM

https://i.imgur.com/iuWYpQt.gif
--------------------
--------------------

Great work everyone.

good suggestion, thanks

Yidakee/Ghost Player helped walk me through as well. Do not hesitate to go to him for help!!!! Smiley
luigi1111
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:45:01 PM

I have not had any trouble with them. I set up alerts as El Presidenté suggested, and they have only showed down once (been up since payments started). I went and looked right away when the alerts showed down, but they were all up, so even that must have been a glitch.

I also had that. I believe it was because the alerts check if your masternode is seen by all Presidente's masternodes (keyword = MNaddress:6). If he stops any of them for whatever reason, the page where the robot checks shows MNaddress:5 (or less) and you get an alert. No big deal if he doesn't play with them a lot Smiley

Right, I understand what it's doing. It was just weird because when I got the emails, I immediately looked and all appeared normal at his site.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:06:43 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 04:20:51 PM by GhostPlayer

MineP.it, apparently, are in the process of updating their pool !! Big round to them, thank you Dan!

Pool Police stats update tonight.

Currently this pool has 91 GH/s !! and the biggest piece of the pie in terms of hashrate. I Think they're chinese
Usee google translator to help navigate

http://x11.ltc1btc.com/

here is the link to the contact form. (will not work under google translate thought)

http://x11.ltc1btc.com/index.php?page=contactform

Please send them a friendly notice to update! The fork is eminent, and they'll have 100% orphaned blocks. These guys are the biggest anchor right now we have! Send them this link please. Be nice about it, no need to antagonise!

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/Important

Lets get this show on the road folk!
bigc1984

Merit: 534

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:08:51 PM

I'm about to set up a masternode and wanted to ask the guys that do have one:
How do you decouple yourself from your masternode?
My thought were that if the government finds out you have one, the IRS might be interested. They might even accuse you of money laundering or supporting El Qaeda...

Am I just being paranoid?

IMO as long as Darkcoin is mainly still underground and not a widely known Crypto thats not an issue. Gov is far behind imo in terms of legislation etc.

Nevertheless i had those thoughts too.

Privacy is not illegal!

and tax on earnings through mining or masternodes varies according to where you live. The IRS will go after you if you are caught not declaring income.

*DO NOT PAY TAXES, PERIOD* Every dollar and every vote you waste on the system is another vote/more funding towards your own oppression. Taxes = theft, so resist, rebel, do what you must but don't pay a penny.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:14:35 PM

My thought were that if the government finds out you have one, the IRS might be interested. They might even accuse you of money laundering or supporting El Qaeda...

IMO as long as Darkcoin is mainly still underground and not a widely known Crypto thats not an issue. Gov is far behind imo in terms of legislation etc.

Privacy is not illegal!

and tax on earnings through mining or masternodes varies according to where you live. The IRS will go after you if you are caught not declaring income.

*DO NOT PAY TAXES, PERIOD* Every dollar and every vote you waste on the system is another vote/more funding towards your own oppression. Taxes = theft, so resist, rebel, do what you must but don't pay a penny.

That's all fine and dandy but tell that to the tax man when you get audited and have penalties on top of the original taxes due. Granted, this really only matters if you are converting to fiat where there is a clear trail. While no one enjoys paying taxes, I'll continue to do so because of the legalities behind it.
bigc1984

Merit: 534

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:16:25 PM

Privacy is not illegal!

That's all fine and dandy but tell that to the tax man when you get audited and have penalties on top of the original taxes due. Granted, this really only matters if you are converting to fiat where there is a clear trail. While no one enjoys paying taxes, I'll continue to do so because of the legalities behind it.

Shoot the tax man in his fucking FACE!
SoapMaker

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:19:58 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 05:13:52 PM by SoapMaker

I agree. I don't plan to do anything illegal. But does this sound improbable?
A terrorist organization gets paid in DRK (They accept BTC now...) the transaction was somehow associated with a masternode. This node is associated with you. There's a knock on the door...

Don't be such a clueless sissy & please don't bring "terrorists" into this. All intelligent people know by now who the real terrorists are. They don't wear turbans, they wear suits. They kill, illegally, by the millions, usually for profit, sometimes for kicks, they imprison millions, sometimes without trials & they've set things up so that they can put YOU in jail, regardless of whether you "plan to do anything illegal" or not. LOL
YOU break the law everyday, & trying to be a good boy won't save you if someone decides to come after you.
--------------------------------------

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/3044794/How-we-all-break-the-law-every-day.html

Have you ever thrown out some junk mail that came to your house but was addressed to someone else? That’s a violation of federal law punishable by up to 5 years in prison. - See more at: http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2013/06/no-one-is-innocent.html#sthash.QrLpPOqu.dpuf

A quote from http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-10-22/you-break-law-every-day-without-even-knowing-it

Estimates of the current size of the body of federal criminal law vary. It has been reported that the Congressional Research Service cannot even count the current number of federal crimes. These laws are scattered in over 50 titles of the United States Code, encompassing roughly 27,000 pages. Worse yet, the statutory code sections often incorporate, by reference, the provisions and sanctions of administrative regulations promulgated by various regulatory agencies under congressional authorization. Estimates of how many such regulations exist are even less well settled, but the ABA thinks there are ”nearly 10,000.”
If the federal government can’t even count how many laws there are, what chance does an individual have of being certain that they are not acting in violation of one of them?
As Supreme Court Justice Breyer elaborates:
The complexity of modern federal criminal law, codified in several thousand sections of the United States Code and the virtually infinite variety of factual circumstances that might trigger an investigation into a possible violation of the law, make it difficult for anyone to know, in advance, just when a particular set of statements might later appear (to a prosecutor) to be relevant to some such investigation.
For instance, did you know that it is a federal crime to be in possession of a lobster under a certain size? It doesn’t matter if you bought it at a grocery store, if someone else gave it to you, if it’s dead or alive, if you found it after it died of natural causes, or even if you killed it while acting in self defense. You can go to jail because of a lobster.

If the federal government had access to every email you’ve ever written and every phone call you’ve ever made, it’s almost certain that they could find something you’ve done which violates a provision in the 27,000 pages of federal statues or 10,000 administrative regulations. You probably do have something to hide, you just don’t know it yet.

This corporate empire of three city states controls the world economically through London’s inner city, militarily through the District of Columbia, and spiritually through the Vatican
                 http://youtu.be/C1pkJaNbzLU              https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-launch.2033/                      http://conspiracycoin.org/                          
Pages: « 1 ... 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 [2151] 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: