Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:50:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 [2192] 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:15:16 AM

Darkcoin suffers from a bad methodology to achieve anonymity and it's put everything into this one basket.

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.

Anyone else ready to pass out from pure joy?

I would have taken a hose to my rigs and walked off into the wilderness to live with the animals a long time ago... Had I not discovered DarkCoin...

Damn this project is a diamond in the rough...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:17:43 AM

IMO DRK has the best community on the alt scene...
Except for me, I'm a total dick. :-p

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:19:01 AM

Darkcoin suffers from a bad methodology to achieve anonymity and it's put everything into this one basket.

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.

I would have taken a hose to my rigs and walked off into the wilderness to live with the animals a long time ago... Had I not discovered DarkCoin...

Agreed - its been a great journey - the minds that are involved directly and indirectly with the project never ceases to amaze me.

I love how we all discuss the solution from both a technical and adoption/economic approach. If you look at forums/threads for other competing coins, their technical sections are empty. Not a single post. Just "when is release date please" "HODL" etc
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:24:56 AM

Really... Dark coin means to "give a coin" in spanish ? ... If thats right Im going to give the Darkcoin foundation one of my yearly masternodes total revenue. (was going to anyway, but this is just like its meant to be)  Cheesy

That's because it is meant to be. The deeper meaning of Darkcoin isn't in the word, its in the technology and how the technology will change the world. This world is always changing and Darkcoin is a force of that change.

The World Darkcoin Foundation is an extension of that force, a parallel flow, symbiotic in life and meaning.

Smiley I would like to thank you on behalf of DRK and the world for considering contributing to the World Darkcoin Foundation.

I am also very happy to announce a member of the Darkcoin community has contributed 80 DRK to the WDF today!

If you donate to the WDF you choose how long you would like to contribute to it's nodes. After the period of time has finished you may leave the coins with the organisation or they will be returned to you at any time according to your desires. You will also be asked if you would like to decide how they will be distributed around the world. (20% here, 30% ther, etc.) And basically anything is possible, we want to have fun with this and we want the whole world to get to enjoy Darkcoin and so we are working on different concepts for distribution. The organsiation will be focused on transparency and will be responsible towards itself and the world and will have a board of directors based on investment in the foundation. I also suggest we try to bring in some celebrities focused on humane causes to be on the board on directors with the main contributors. All thoughts and suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated. Many things in the works DRK community!

We also received our first contribution from a young investor today who at 13 years old managed to contribute 2 DRK with her allowance so that the children of the world could share her good fortune. She said it was a better feeling than buying candy and her stomach felt better after too.  Smiley

Current World Darkcoin Foundation contributions: 1082 DRK

Approximately 370 000 are born every day. Newborns might not have much DRK to start depending on the support for this foundation, but it will grow and they will grow with it. Much more to come soon, thank you.

All,

This just came to my attention a few minutes ago.  Please be aware that r-ando and the "World Darkcoin Foundation" are not affiliated in any way with Darkcoin, Evan, or the development team.  We have no information on the veracity of the claims he makes or on the disposition of any funds donated to the World Darkcoin Foundation.  It's certainly possible that he is legitimate, but please use extreme caution when sending money to any organization soliciting donations.

-Chris Rimoldi

Good evening,

The newly announced world Darkcoin foundation for children is not directly affiliated with Evan or the development team as it exists today. We are however great supporters of Evan and the development team and we hold them and the Darkcoin project deep within our hearts. They are the pillars who are making all this possible and it is important to recognize them as such. Thank you.

I have had brief communication with Evan regarding the charity and he suggested the official Darkcoin foundation would probably be involved in charity work as well. I would like to congratulate Evan on this, namaste.

Evan also expressed concern with regards to potential conflict of objectives between the official foundation and the one I decided to create and have been working on. He suggested the children's charity might be able to operate within the framework of the official Darkcoin foundation and I told him that would be fantastic. However, as of today I haven't had any other information from him or any other members of the Darkcoin team with regards to any integration of design or operation and have not received any direct communication from Eltito or Chris Rimoldi (except if you have been talking to me using other names Smiley  ) I have been talking to other members of the community who have supported my contribution of what was 13 000$ at the time of the first announcement for the charity. Some have offered different kinds of technical help, marketing help and wonderfully coins! We now already have 1400 pledged coins for the first year to develop the charities own independent nodes and someone is talking about donating the profits from one of his nodes which amounts to another 1000 coins!. (1000 of the one's already pledged are mine so those are official no matter what... even if they are not Darkcoin official for now  :0 )  

To avoid confusion between the official foundation and the children's charity and out of respect towards Evan and the DRK team's right to the Darkcoin Foundation name, at my suggestion we will be adopting a different name than the one initially proposed. With the objective of giving grace of Darkcoin to all the newborns of the world and as an organization focused on natural law and harmony, we will be adopting a name that promotes the values we represent and seek to preserve, values such as integrity, honesty, compassion, mindfulness, trust and all the other beautiful words that represent these states brought about in the wonder of our hearts. This is the future and its important that it be done for all the people of the world.

Should the official Darkcoin foundation created by the technical team decide to want to join us in our journey of bringing Darkcoin to the whole world, leaving no one behind this time, well then it will be a pleasure and a great honour to work with them on this noble quest. We will succeed.

So all this said, the website should be ready by the beginning of next week, surprise!

We are in the process of registering as a legal entity and charity in Canada and we will be subject to oversight and legal regulation. And we really want to work with you guy's over at the official foundation. We are really good people with a beautiful vision over here in Canada and we want to share it with the world! Have a great night and may you feel the love from all the people of the world.

I

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:35:17 AM

You're one of the more interesting people here to be honest... A little militant at times but I mostly find your posts funny and/or thought provoking...

I'm picturing you living in the mountains, with a lot of guns, a bit of a genius that's learnt to live off society in a niche way... Probably using technology and a bit of hacking...

Am I right?

Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:36:09 AM

Agreed - its been a great journey - the minds that are involved directly and indirectly with the project never ceases to amaze me.

I love how we all discuss the solution from both a technical and adoption/economic approach. If you look at forums/threads for other competing coins, their technical sections are empty. Not a single post. Just "when is release date please" "HODL" etc

I have been glued to the URO thread for the last couple of days... Most entertaining thread... Ever...

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:47:47 AM

You're one of the more interesting people here to be honest... A little militant at times but I mostly find your posts funny and/or thought provoking...

I'm picturing you living in the mountains, with a lot of guns, a bit of a genius that's learnt to live off society in a niche way... Probably using technology and a bit of hacking...

Am I right?
Pretty close, I've been referred to as Mountain Man Sans Mountain.

Guns are art and the teeth of human rights, I can't get enough of them. Like fresh flowers every morning... I own dozens that I've never fired. I just take them apart...

I've also been called the modern Henry David Thoreau by several educated women, but no man has ever called me that. I've never met a man who knew who Henry David Thoreau was...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 05:53:43 AM

Am I right?

Guns are art and the teeth of human rights, I can't get enough of them. Like fresh flowers every morning... I own dozens that I've never fired. I just take them apart...

I've also been called the modern Henry David Thoreau by several educated women, but no man has ever called me that. I've never met a man who knew who Henry David Thoreau was...

Henry David Thoreau was an American author, poet, philosopher, polymath, abolitionist, naturalist, tax resister, development critic, surveyor, historian, and leading transcendentalist.

If he were alive today I reckon he would be all over DarkCoin...

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 05:55:57 AM

Am I right?

Henry David Thoreau was an American author, poet, philosopher, polymath, abolitionist, naturalist, tax resister, development critic, surveyor, historian, and leading transcendentalist.

If he were writing today, nobody would read it. Which is why I don't bother. These people only understand brutality and carnage; their own creations. Which is why I live in the woods and don't talk to anyone unless the government forces me to... His work is wasted on those who have already decided to self-destruct. The human race is unforgivable trash, I enjoy watching it reap what it sows, on the occasion that it doesn't push the consequences of it's actions off on me... Which is why I love Crypto so much; the stupid get what's coming to them every fucking time. And I get more DRKs when they self-destruct.

Had he heard about DRK, I doubt he would have written about much else.

Eltito has figured out that I'm a polymath... And it didn't take too long, either. Respect. Stupid people call it "random and crazy."

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:03:09 AM

Am I right?

If he were writing today, nobody would read it. Which is why I don't bother. These people only understand brutality and carnage; their own creations. Which is why I live int he woods and don't talk to anyone unless the government forces me to... His work is wasted on those who have already decided to self-destruct.

Well I'm glad you've found a medium to express yourself.  We all communicate in different ways and I for one am hoping Crypto in general will allow much of society to sever itself from our existing masters...  If that's what you want to do of course...

It would be lovely if one day opening a bank account was a choice, not a necessity...

I'm keeping all my DRK to hopefully buy things one day and live off it...

Enzwell

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:13:11 AM

You obviously don't understand HDT.
The human race is in serious overshoot, and the biosphere is dying.
Crypto-currency has NOTHING to do with the natural world.

"Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind."
— Thoreau
r-ando

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:18:48 AM

"Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind."
— Thoreau

Please do your research before spreading disinformation, most people here know better:

Milton Friedman on Darkcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2mdYX1nF_Y

r-ando

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:30:09 AM

— Thoreau

Please do your research before spreading disinformation, most people here know better:

Ronald Reagan on Milton Friedman: (Darkcoin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HtZtwyn_c

For you, for our nation , for freedom   Smiley ?

Enzwell

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:30:44 AM

— Thoreau

Non-sequitur
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 06:32:09 AM

everything

I pretty much agree with everything you say, but thankfully, I still find delight in other people, especially children.  They choose to remain ignorant and take the "easy, pretty" way out with regards to politics, etc... because they don't want to dedicate any brain cells to the ugly realities of life.  I think that is why we have so many vegans, LOL.  Many "normal eaters" have blocked out entirely where their food comes from, it comes from the refrigerated section of the grocery store!

But they can still be amazing in their own right.  I can't help but be intrigued by people and their strange reasoning.  Of course, when they are a bit over the top, I do try to get away politely, however my husband would rather "make them pay for their stupidity"  A bit like you Wink  LOL.

Anyway, as I hope for my husband, I hope you can loosen your distain to at least find joy in some of the people, some of the time, as it's a lonely life without a few good ones around ya Wink  ::hugs::

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:15:51 AM

I propose an experiment, to all Darkcoin investors.

1) Listen to the first part of this podcast, where Andreas Antonopolous explains in technical and practical terms, the inner workings of a 51% attack, as well as what exactly can happens during a fork, as well as mining, and pools, and all that jazz...

2) Substitute the word "Book", with "closed source Darksend" - and "Nicosia University" with "testnet"
    2.1) "Masters degree" with "Masternode"

3) Substitute the word "Bitcoin" with "Darkcoin"

4) Substitute "5 years" with "6 months" (only happens once, easy to remember)

5) When done, re-evaluate Darkcoin, and Evan's roadmap strategy.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-125-51-solutions-and-zhou-tonged

Please feel free to bump this for while so our time-divergent friends and investors around the world see this.
Only takes 30 minutes, and can change your entire perception of things.

OOpps... did I just bump myself? Please excuse me.
fernando

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:56:18 AM

I propose an experiment, to all Darkcoin investors.

1) Listen to the first part of this podcast, where Andreas Antonopolous explains in technical and practical terms, the inner workings of a 51% attack, as well as what exactly can happens during a fork, as well as mining, and pools, and all that jazz...

2) Substitute the word "Book", with "closed source Darksend" - and "Nicosia University" with "testnet"
    2.1) "Masters degree" with "Masternode"

3) Substitute the word "Bitcoin" with "Darkcoin"

4) Substitute "5 years" with "6 months" (only happens once, easy to remember)

5) When done, re-evaluate Darkcoin, and Evan's roadmap strategy.

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-125-51-solutions-and-zhou-tonged

Please feel free to bump this for while so our time-divergent friends and investors around the world see this.
Only takes 30 minutes, and can change your entire perception of things.

OOpps... did I just bump myself? Please excuse me.

Yeah, you did!!  Wink

I listened to it yesterday. Dude, trying to perform all those substitutions is too stressful! I just enjoyed the interview, but I agree that the process of testing, learning and iterating is common to both story lines. For those who haven't listened, do it. LTB is usually entertaining, but Antonopolous takes it to a different level with his super clear explanations.
stilgars

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:21:24 AM

Big test will be official RC4 announcement - to see if we are back on track market-wise
But Evan should hire a PR guy to manage the relationships with crypto communities, it could only bring some good

Words of Wisdom
 "I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 08:23:19 AM

It would be lovely if one day opening a bank account was a choice, not a necessity...
It already is. You just have to be willing to make sacrifices. Your weakness determines your absence of choice.

My Company has a Bank Account, but I don't.

I don't have a car loan and never will.

I don't have a mortgage and never will.

I don't pay rent and never will.

It's your choice... What are you willing to do to make it happen?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 08:25:05 AM

— Thoreau
I don't think you could find a way to take the man more out of context than that... You're an insult to the act of thinking.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 [2192] 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: