Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:35:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 [2905] 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

Can somebody please post a screenshot of RC5 'Overview' tab?

I want to propose a big improvement to the current behavior that fixes a big flaw in the current user interface, but I require a screenshot of this tab in RC5 wallet  to be able to do this. I'm not sure how to run RC5 test wallet myself since the link to it is not a .exe file.

flare post executables as well .. go test RC5 .. i dare you Smiley hell .. i dare you all !! Smiley

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/sticky-testnet-tools-resources.1768/

coinz3x it is easy really, if I can do it everybody can Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:49:49 PM

Join RC5 TESTING over at the official forum

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc5-testing.2245/
And not a bump was given that day...

I was wondering who was going to bump first...
conf

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:16:07 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/paypal-video-sparks-rumors-potential-bitcoin-plans/

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:18:12 PM

Not a rumor anymore, Braintree and Coinbase just announced their partnership, and said it's just the first step towards a Paypal integration.

Here's the tweet from paypal for funnies: https://twitter.com/PayPal/status/509053601541787648
tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:19:47 PM

What a great news about paypal and btc. The price is skyrocketing!!!
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:25:21 PM

What a great news about paypal and btc. The price is skyrocketing!!!

That is great news, actually.

More people will get banned for using BTC on gaming sites etc. I love traffic analysis. 

We get a bump in prices, everyone finds out there are problems further down the line, and DRK benefits. Win-Win.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:35:44 PM

Evan Duffield,
I want to point out some flaws in the user flows of Darkcoin RC5 client. Please note that I work with user interfaces on a daily basis.

Current:
1) User can enable or disable anonimization, disabled by default.
2) If enabled, every time you start the client, it starts anomimizing any non-anonimized funds automatically.

Issues with Current:
1) It takes some effort to figure out how to enable anonimzation (Darksend). It's quite hidden.
2) When enabled, the client simply starts anonimizing all your funds automatically, without user request. To me, as a user, this feels very intrusive. What if I started the client to quickly check my funds, not to have my funds anonimized. The task is to start the client, not to start the client and anonimize funds at the same time. This is a very poor user experience. Usually in user flow design, flows are split per task type. In Darkcoin, tasks that are totally different are merged as one. Things even become worse if my wallet has a password: I get the password prompt shortly after enabling the client. My first reaction is, why the hell does the password prompt show, I didn't do anything? It looks like a bug. At the very least, the password prompt should explain why it is showing automatically.

Proposed:
The anonimization process absolutely needs to be user initiated, it should never happen automatically (although there could be advanced options for that). I'd like to compare the Darkcoin client to virus scanning software, since I feel that both software types share similarities in terms of task architecture.

Does virus scanning software start scanning your computer once you start the virus scanner? No, it doesn't. Why not? Because that would be intrusive. The user requests to start the program, not to perform any type of action in addition. Instead, virus scanning software simply has a big green 'Quick Scan' button in their home screen. The Darkcoin client should have the equivalent of this: A big green 'Anonimize Funds' button (do not call it "Darksend" please as this name is misleading). Clicking it would start the anonimizing process. If your wallet has a password, then you would see a prompt at this stage to enter your password. 'Anonimize Funds' button would be disabled if all your funds have already been anonimized.

Evan Duffield, can I get your opinion on this? I feel this would be a considerable improvement to RC5 as current implementation is very likely to scare off new users since the anonimization user flow is far from optimal at the moment..
zombie6

Activity: 438

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:57:14 PM

Evan Duffield,
I want to point out some flaws in the user flows of Darkcoin RC5 client. Please note that I work with user interfaces on a daily basis.

Current:
2) If enabled, every time you start the client, it starts anomimizing any non-anonimized funds automatically.

Issues with Current:
1) It takes some effort to figure out how to enable anonimzation (Darksend). It's quite hidden.
2) When enabled, the client simply starts anonimizing all your funds automatically, without user request. To me, as a user, this feels very intrusive. What if I started the client to quickly check my funds, not to have my funds anonimized. The task is to start the client, not to start the client and anonimize funds at the same time. This is a very poor user experience. Usually in user flow design, flows are split per task type. In Darkcoin, tasks that are totally different are merged as one. Things even become worse if my wallet has a password: I get the password prompt shortly after enabling the client. My first reaction is, why the hell does the password prompt show, I didn't do anything? It looks like a bug. At the very least, the password prompt should explain why it is showing automatically.

Proposed:
The anonimization process absolutely needs to be user initiated, it should never happen automatically (although there could be advanced options for that). I'd like to compare the Darkcoin client to virus scanning software, since I feel that both software types share similarities in terms of task architecture.

Does virus scanning software start scanning your computer once you start the virus scanner? No, it doesn't. Why not? Because that would be intrusive. The user requests to start the program, not to perform any type of action in addition. Instead, virus scanning software simply has a big green 'Quick Scan' button in their home screen. The Darkcoin client should have the equivalent of this: A big green 'Anonimize Funds' button (do not call it "Darksend" please as this name is misleading). Clicking it would start the anonimizing process. If your wallet has a password, then you would see a prompt at this stage to enter your password. 'Anonimize Funds' button would be disabled if all your funds have already been anonimized.

Evan Duffield, can I get your opinion on this? I feel this would be a considerable improvement to RC5 as current implementation is very likely to scare off new users since the anonimization user flow is far from optimal at the moment..

interesting opinion coinzx3 maybe good to also post this on darkcointalk?
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:59:46 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 08:13:54 PM by patrolman

Evan Duffield,

Current:

Issues with Current:

Proposed:

I think you've raised some really good points. Giving the user more control is generally a good thing, unless things become too complicated. I suppose it could be possible to have a "Don't ask me again" checkbox for those who are annoyed by the popup message every time they start up the client, but other than that I think that what you've suggested would make it very clear to the user exactly what is going on.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 08:29:44 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 09:05:22 PM by TaoOfSaatoshi

Evan Duffield,

Current:

Issues with Current:

Proposed:

I think you've raised some really good points. Giving the user more control is generally a good thing, unless things become too complicated. I suppose it could be possible to have a "Don't ask me again" checkbox for those who are annoyed by the popup message every time they start up the client, but other than that I think that what you've suggested would make it very clear to the user exactly what is going on.

I have made a proposal on jira about this subject, asking for the optional feature of an estimated transaction fee in addition to the prompt for anonymization😃:

http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-59

Tao

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:49:17 PM

Report any desired features after testing....

Just in case: testing is free - you can get thousands and thousands of tDRKs. Maybe you can try to figure out a way to send those tDRKs to your real wallet....
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:04:10 PM

Report any desired features after testing....

Just in case: testing is free - you can get thousands and thousands of tDRKs. Maybe you can try to figure out a way to send those tDRKs to your real wallet....

One can only dream....

Tao

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:10:49 PM

Testing seems to be going very well, and its a lot of fun. A lot of activity and bug squashing on Jira. It looks like we should have a new improved testnet version 4 soon. Looking forward to testing the new testnet wallet when it comes out.

Join testing, you will only grow more confident about handling Darksend+, that way when we go to mainnet you will be very familiar with the process.  All you need is a darkcoin.conf file that says testnet=1 on it and thats it, when it starts it starts with an orange splash screen as opposed to the normal blue one and it says testnet in big letters no way to get confused.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:13:00 PM

after paypal announcement btc will mos def rise... will that impact drk price atm ?

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:16:29 PM

Testing seems to be going very well, and its a lot of fun. A lot of activity and bug squashing on Jira. It looks like we should have a new improved testnet version 4 soon. Looking forward to testing the new testnet wallet when it comes out.

Join testing, you will only grow more confident about handling Darksend+, that way when we go to mainnet you will be very familiar with the process.  All you need is a darkcoin.conf file that says testnet=1 on it and thats it, when it starts it starts with an orange splash screen as opposed to the normal blue one and it says testnet in big letters no way to get confused.

I just checked jira, bugs are dropping like flies, I am very excited for the release of v4. We are close, come to testnet, help out, it's easy, you'll be glad you did!

DRK FTW!!

Tao

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:17:11 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 10:33:40 PM by qwizzie

Evan Duffield,

Current:

Issues with Current:

Proposed:

you have some good points there but i'm not totally sure these kind of changes you request wouldnt fall under the Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI project of DRKLord (https://darkcointalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-14).

Unfortunetely DRKlord got very ill and this project got postponed. They are now looking for a Qt/C++ frontend developer/GUI designer to get the project going again --> http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2fp0ey/qtc_frontend_developergui_designer/

If we can find a good Qt/C++ frontend developer/GUI designer to continue with this project then maybe yr concerns / requests will be resolved automatically.

edit 1: and yes, i'm also taking this opportunity by replying to yr post to emphasize and inform everyone that there is still a need for a good Qt/C++ frontend developer/GUI designer

edit 2 : never mind... looks like Evan can do a lot more with the GUI aspect of wallets then i first thought

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:24:53 PM

after paypal announcement btc will mos def rise... will that impact drk price atm ?

Typical. Great news for BTC, BTC down 2% for the day!

#whatisthisIdonteven

Tao

oly1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:31:53 PM

Is it possible to run tMN in a virtual machine (wallet and deamon on same machine)? If yes, please explain how to start it in simple steps.
I'm asking here because can't write on rc5 test threat
drkwarrior

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:55:52 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 10:23:53 PM by drkwarrior

so paypal decides to add btc....maybe because it has seen the threat that crypto only open baazar would pose.

i remember it was around this time last year baidu announced they would accept btc, btc got pumped and in the process so did ltc. This time i predict btc will be pumped but instead of ltc it will be drk that goes over $50
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:18:42 PM

Bitcoin appears to be approaching another "adoption growth" moment - Winklevoss ETF ("COIN") and Paypal.
Pages: « 1 ... 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 [2905] 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: