Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 [3134] 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:40:35 PM

I alway wonder how someone can be in a permanent state of anger like camosoul (no need to answer, Camosoul). Almost every post is filled with hatred and rage. It's a good thing that he considers himself (from what I remember) anti-social cause I sure can't imagine anyone like him out in public. Maybe when the subject of discussion isn't darkcoin he's a sweetheart though, who knows.
LOL oh come on that chap lumped camosoul with someone else and then called them both    "dumb asses" straight off the cuff what does one expect,,, as for the comments in general i find most quite comical/ witty at times
Not to mention, accusing me of the complete opposite of what I've been saying, while also accusing me of stealing his money hose that he doesn't even have... It's all my fault he's poor. Whatever. My personal income is well below poverty level, yet I'm doing just fine... Some poeple just can't manage money and can't make good decisions. Feed them a bunch of entitlement propaganda and they blame blame blame... This leads to frustration thatt hey don't know how to take out any other way than violence... Remove entitlement (democrat) voting districts from the crime statistics of the USA, and you're left with a country that has the lowest crime of anywhere on the planet, and more guns than people.... So what's the real problem with violence in America? Entitled brats who turn vilent to get what they think they're owed. Soviet Revolution anybody? There's no such thing as too much ammo, and I won't have an ounce of anger or hate in my heart as I pull the trigger...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:41:09 PM

As usual Camosoul pretty much nails everything right on the head.
If it were important enough, and it's not, I think it would be interesting to see a poll of how many people agree with you...

It's dangerous to be right when the majority of nationalist free stuff voters are wrong...
when you're surrounded by hammers...  don't be a nail
I am the consequence.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:44:22 PM

Final count for that one

Winner:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:47:33 PM

Hey, I only have the one since that other vote, jeez...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:49:45 PM

I alway wonder how someone can be in a permanent state of anger like camosoul (no need to answer, Camosoul). Almost every post is filled with hatred and rage. It's a good thing that he considers himself (from what I remember) anti-social cause I sure can't imagine anyone like him out in public. Maybe when the subject of discussion isn't darkcoin he's a sweetheart though, who knows.

LOL oh come on that chap lumped camosoul with someone else and then called them both    "dumb asses" straight off the cuff what does one expect,,, as for the comments in general i find most quite comical/ witty at times

To be honest, while the anonymousxx dude is obviously a troll, my first impressions of camosoul after being here for maybe the better part of a week is that he seems to be sporting a large hate boner more often than not. But then again, who wouldn't, with the amount of stupidity that sometimes fills the thread...

yeah quite a balanced environment all in all  total subconscious seriousness, total stupidity and Camsoul summing it all up. Troll's aint got a hope really.
_evolution_

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:50:32 PM

I'm sorry, I have to speak up here.  Bottom line, a group in power that kidnap and kill 5 million people in the most inhumane way, and don't tell me it didn't happen, my grandfather saw it toward the end of the war, are bad and those most responsible let evil fill their hearts.  I don't call Hitler the anti Christ or the devil, because I don't give him that much credit.  He was a sick, hateful shit head that was undoubtedly a psychopath, in the true nature of the word. 

5 millions before the ww2 and 6 millions afterwards?!
And you call these people?!
Shame on you (unless you are the same scam as these 5 millions)!
jams951

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:52:46 PM

I hate bitcoin. Come on this is fucking stupid... We're seriously at $360 right now?
_evolution_

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:54:35 PM

I hate bitcoin. Come on this is fucking stupid... We're seriously at $360 right now?

Bottom line - $240 (in 2 weeks).
semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:56:06 PM

Someone should put together on this thread a page that they edit to update  that contains all the relevant news, advertising ect links so we can then get to them with ease should we want to pass it on.

is that within the forum rules ?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:56:10 PM

I'm not sure wtf crawled up Crouton's posterior though...  he was about 2 posts away from getting put next to Sh*tJaywhatevertheFhisnameis as the second person on my ignore list for being a damn troll.  You "Sir" need to check yourself.

**edit** in addition you might want to look up how P2Pool actually pays out so you don't sound like a complete idiot when talking about using the Masternodes as P2Pool nodes that somehow hold the coins you mine for some kind of stake in the Masternode.  I actually happen to run my own node because i got bored one afternoon...  68-112-53-84.static.hlrg.nc.charter.com

Don't worry, I check myself whenever there's a reflective surface nearby. Current status: magnificent.  Cool

Not sure what your other comment was about though. Are you a python coder? I ask because I've looked at dstorm's p2pool code and as far as I can see, modifying it to send selected payouts to a node address (and keep a record of that for pro-rata MN reward payouts) that could be used as a feeder for a 1000DRK MN vin wouldn't need that much of a rewrite. And you'd need a bit of new front end stuff to allow users to specify how much they'd like to leave on the node etc. It's not my day job though, maybe there's some shopstopper I'm not seeing.

Seriously, does the prospect of a simple and automatic way of allowing miners who want to to have a stake in the Masternode system seem like such a terrible idea? Seems like plenty of people have been asking for just such a thing...
rrodent

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:04:27 AM

I'm not sure wtf crawled up Crouton's posterior though...  he was about 2 posts away from getting put next to Sh*tJaywhatevertheFhisnameis as the second person on my ignore list for being a damn troll.  You "Sir" need to check yourself.

**edit** in addition you might want to look up how P2Pool actually pays out so you don't sound like a complete idiot when talking about using the Masternodes as P2Pool nodes that somehow hold the coins you mine for some kind of stake in the Masternode.  I actually happen to run my own node because i got bored one afternoon...  68-112-53-84.static.hlrg.nc.charter.com

Don't worry, I check myself whenever there's a reflective surface nearby. Current status: magnificent.  Cool

Not sure what your other comment was about though. Are you a python coder? I ask because I've looked at dstorm's p2pool code and as far as I can see, modifying it to send selected payouts to a node address (and keep a record of that for pro-rata MN reward payouts) that could be used as a feeder for a 1000DRK MN vin wouldn't need that much of a rewrite. And you'd need a bit of new front end stuff to allow users to specify how much they'd like to leave on the node etc. It's not my day job though, maybe there's some shopstopper I'm not seeing.

Seriously, does the prospect of a simple and automatic way of allowing miners who want to to have a stake in the Masternode system seem like such a terrible idea? Seems like plenty of people have been asking for just such a thing...

The way it currently works is you mine to your wallet address.  The node never receives the coins when a block is found.  You are paid straight from the blockchain.  By introducing a third party (ie the masternode) as a middle man in the payout scheme you are no longer a peer to peer network by definition.  By doing it the way you suggest you are just moving the current structure of regular pools on top of the masternodes which kind of defeats the purpose in my mind.  Now that being said, I personally think that making masternodes double as true P2Pool nodes would be a brilliant way of securing the blockchain from 51% attacks as long as you can somehow block the regular pools from connecting to a single node.

**edit** nope not a programer...  but I've been in Networking for over 20 years so I have some background knowledge.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
rrodent

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:11:45 AM

after thinking another two minutes it would be easy to make sure that >51% didn't get at any one node...  just have the masternodes track their load and if any one node started receiving too much hash it could start randomly dropping packets to reduce the hashrate being thrown at it...  Think WRED as it realates to QoS.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:11:53 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.0
_evolution_

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:14:46 AM

I'm sorry, I have to speak up here.  Bottom line, a group in power that kidnap and kill 5 million people in the most inhumane way, and don't tell me it didn't happen, my grandfather saw it toward the end of the war, are bad and those most responsible let evil fill their hearts.  I don't call Hitler the anti Christ or the devil, because I don't give him that much credit.  He was a sick, hateful shit head that was undoubtedly a psychopath, in the true nature of the word.  

Come on, if you want to get some people pissed off, you're gonna have to try harder than that. Maybe add some more Holocaust denial idiocy, some slurs, put some effort into it!

I don't care. It's about zombie people(s). Take it. Teach your soulless children how human is the policy of the fucking CCCP or USA - idiots. I don't give a fuck.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:16:37 AM

Bitcoin dumpfest - people throwing 51 BTC shots and 48 BTC shots onto any bid liquidity the moment it appears. Can't get rid of it fast enough. Looks like we might be heading for the 200's.

BTCe trollbox says we;re heading for sub $100 bitcoin and if BTCe trollbox says it it must be true.

The banks are needing to get in on this game and I'm afraid this is the only way they can get the massive liquidity they need in such an illiquid market - shake the tree to f*ck (well, that's what I'd be doing if I was them anyway Smiley). Put it this way - if we're in this to hedge ourselves against a 300 trillion derivatives crash then you'd think they might be as well since they're the ones writing the derivatives).

$343 now.

So you think I should wait a little before buying some BTC?
Oups as I write it go up a little... (357 on bitstamp and 343 on btc-e).?
So I'll buy a little today and more if it still going down.
Better choice; buy DRKs and stop worrying about it. ;-)
If you think that I'll keep my BTC....I'm buying btc only to buy DRK...
_evolution_

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:34:44 AM

I'm sorry, I have to speak up here.  Bottom line, a group in power that kidnap and kill 5 million people in the most inhumane way, and don't tell me it didn't happen, my grandfather saw it toward the end of the war, are bad and those most responsible let evil fill their hearts.  I don't call Hitler the anti Christ or the devil, because I don't give him that much credit.  He was a sick, hateful shit head that was undoubtedly a psychopath, in the true nature of the word. 

Come on, if you want to get some people pissed off, you're gonna have to try harder than that. Maybe add some more Holocaust denial idiocy, some slurs, put some effort into it!

That's not a circus, you little shit. It's about manipulated human history.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:38:10 AM

The way it currently works is you mine to your wallet address.  The node never receives the coins when a block is found.  You are paid straight from the blockchain.  By introducing a third party (ie the masternode) as a middle man in the payout scheme you are no longer a peer to peer network by definition.  By doing it the way you suggest you are just moving the current structure of regular pools on top of the masternodes which kind of defeats the purpose in my mind.  Now that being said, I personally think that making masternodes double as true P2Pool nodes would be a brilliant way of securing the blockchain from 51% attacks as long as you can somehow block the regular pools from connecting to a single node.

**edit** nope not a programer...  but I've been in Networking for over 20 years so I have some background knowledge.

Nodes can deduct a fee though - that 'fee' could be pointed to a MN share address and proceed from there? The software already tracks submitted user work, so you could keep track of who's owed what percentage of MN payouts.

Having said that, why not just have the MN network as one big old regular (but distributed) pool? Need to think some more about it.  Grin

after thinking another two minutes it would be easy to make sure that >51% didn't get at any one node...  just have the masternodes track their load and if any one node started receiving too much hash it could start randomly dropping packets to reduce the hashrate being thrown at it...  Think WRED as it realates to QoS.

Yeah, it had already occurred to me that as and when MNs have the ability to really enforce MN payments, they will almost by default also have the ability to also enforce hash distribution, in that they could monitor pool hash and orphan blocks from any pool approaching or at 50%. (And issue warnings to pools beforehand so that they hopefully wouldn't have to.) Doesn't completely solve the problem as several pools could collude, but it's a step in the right direction.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:44:58 AM

rrodent

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:45:16 AM

Nodes can deduct a fee though - that 'fee' could be pointed to a MN share address and proceed from there? The software already tracks submitted user work, so you could keep track of who'e owed what percentage of MN payouts.

Having said that, why not just have the MN network as one big old regular (but distributed) pool? Need to think some more about it.  Grin

after thinking another two minutes it would be easy to make sure that >51% didn't get at any one node...  just have the masternodes track their load and if any one node started receiving too much hash it could start randomly dropping packets to reduce the hashrate being thrown at it...  Think WRED as it realates to QoS.

Yeah, it had already occurred to me that as and when MNs have the ability to really enforce MN payments, they will almost by default also have the ability to also enforce hash distribution, in that they could monitor pool hash and orphan blocks from any pool approaching or at 50%.

[/quote]

With this you are opening the door to bad actors...  the node fee gets paid to the node operator...  now we are back to trusting whoever owns the node to actually pay out what is owed.  Which is why I moved off the regular pools and set up my own p2pool node.  Its like solo mining without the huge variance and I don't have to trust some unknown person to not shut the pool down without actually paying out and then claiming that they got hacked.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 12:50:51 AM

Nodes can deduct a fee though - that 'fee' could be pointed to a MN share address and proceed from there? The software already tracks submitted user work, so you could keep track of who'e owed what percentage of MN payouts.

Yeah, it had already occurred to me that as and when MNs have the ability to really enforce MN payments, they will almost by default also have the ability to also enforce hash distribution, in that they could monitor pool hash and orphan blocks from any pool approaching or at 50%.

With this you are opening the door to bad actors...  the node fee gets paid to the node operator...  now we are back to trusting whoever owns the node to actually pay out what is owed.  Which is why I moved off the regular pools and set up my own p2pool node.  Its like solo mining without the huge variance and I don't have to trust some unknown person to not shut the pool down without actually paying out and then claiming that they got hacked.
[/quote]

Make it happen down at the protocol level, or use multisig addresses that require users to countersign any movement of funds? Got to be a solution...
Pages: « 1 ... 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 [3134] 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 3179 3180 3181 3182 3183 3184 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: